Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
SIM Theme Park would be nice. I played that as a kid and while I only ever get through half of the campaign I made a successful Halloween park that I liked messing around with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Sim Tower would own bones.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Peas and Rice posted:

:yeah:

Installing SC3K right now, it's the one I've played least of the four SimCity games which exist in this world so I'm eager to give it a lot more attention.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

Peas and Rice posted:

It'd be cool if they actually dug out its sequel, the little played Yoot Tower.

It was kind of a Sim Tower 1.5.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The SimGolf that came out in 2002 as a game that only ran in 800x600?

I liked it back then but that was just :laffo:

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

I'm going to assume the gog version of dead space is the same as the one on Steam which has a lot of graphical issues

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Hollenhammer posted:

I'm going to assume the gog version of dead space is the same as the one on Steam which has a lot of graphical issues

I didn't have any graphical issues although there was an annoying bug near the end of the game when you defeat the invincible monster that kept the game from opening the door after the cutscene. I can't remember how I fixed it but literally nothing else bad happened during the game so your mileage will vary like all pc games.

beef express
Sep 7, 2005

The highest technique is to have no technique.

Clouseau posted:

It'd be cool if they actually dug out its sequel, the little played Yoot Tower.

It was kind of a Sim Tower 1.5.

Kinda offtopic but keep an eye on Project Highrise - it's the closest thing I've seen to a SimTower remake, with slightly more emphasis on the business aspects than elevator management. Should be out soonish as some youtubers have been playing the beta already and it's looking pretty polished and nice.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hollenhammer posted:

I replayed Dead Space on Steam like three months ago (Win10 64) and only had to disable vsync ingame and enable it on nvidia control panel to not have lovely mouse movement. If it's the same version it'll have no issues.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Guillermus posted:

I replayed Dead Space on Steam like three months ago (Win10 64) and only had to disable vsync ingame and enable it on nvidia control panel to not have lovely mouse movement. If it's the same version it'll have no issues.

My experience with it was in 2011 where the graphics were hosed (like the lighting) until you put vsync on. And then the game ran really poorly. I always played with a 360 pad though

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I had no issues at all last time, i even used widescreen fixer to crank up the FOV.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It never had graphical issues, vsync hosed up the mouse movement and had to be left off but that was it.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

beef express posted:

Kinda offtopic but keep an eye on Project Highrise - it's the closest thing I've seen to a SimTower remake, with slightly more emphasis on the business aspects than elevator management. Should be out soonish as some youtubers have been playing the beta already and it's looking pretty polished and nice.

Ooh I will! Thanks for the tip.

I wonder if about halfway through all of the condos will simultaneously empty out putting me millions into debt, just like good ole Sim Tower.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Sim City 3000 has the better soundtrack out of all Sim Cities.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

So it's puzzling why the OST is not included as a goodie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkMZtXFdlso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_OK1UbmGI

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 15, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
16-bit Aladdin, Lion King, and Jungle Book games coming to GoG

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

gently caress yeah, I used to play the DOS Aladdin so much when i was a kid.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

I played the pc-version of the Lion King in floppy disks back in the day and it was ridiculously difficult.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Angry Lobster posted:

I played the pc-version of the Lion King in floppy disks back in the day and it was ridiculously difficult.

Arcade-like_game_design.txt

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

jivjov posted:

Arcade-like_game_design.txt

Well, to be honest probably wasn't that difficult (not Battletoads level, at least), but my lovely copy of this game bugged a lot and made playing the game an exercise in masochism.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Alladin you can try out here: https://archive.org/details/msdos_Disneys_Aladdin_1994

Probably Lion King and the other thing as well, haven't checked.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I bought SimCity 2000 when it came out on GOG cause it was one of the first games I ever played, so I should probably pick up SimCity 3000 since that's the one I actually have fonder memories of overall.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Is it the Genesis or SNES version of Aladdin? because they were vastly different games and the Genesis one is better.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Skwirl posted:

Is it the Genesis or SNES version of Aladdin? because they were vastly different games and the Genesis one is better.

DOS version was the same as the Genesis version

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Testekill posted:

DOS version was the same as the Genesis version

Ah, cool.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Has there been any word on release Warhammer: Dark Omen? After Horned Rat I was pretty sure it was gonna be released for sure, but I haven't heard a thing.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Since this thread has been dead for weeks, I'll mention that Knights of Pen & Paper (including the extra content & expansion) is now on GOG and on sale for cheap; $7.99 for the everything edition. I quite like the game. There is a sequel as well, but I have not played it.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

These were on Humble Bundle not too long ago (the second one much more recently) and I have put a good few hours into both. Lots of fun, and definitely one to consider for turn based RPG goodness!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Tekopo posted:

Has there been any word on release Warhammer: Dark Omen? After Horned Rat I was pretty sure it was gonna be released for sure, but I haven't heard a thing.

Was excited to hear about this release but then disappointed to see all the reviews saying it doesn't work.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
It's been a while since there's been any activity on GOG Connect, but checking this morning shows Master of Orion 1+2 and Master of Orion 3 as eligible games for the service.

Dreamerdeceiver52
Nov 11, 2007

Keys for Giants: Citizen Kabuto, plus Battle Realms + Winter of the Wolf up for grabs:

Giants: 15D33-FA766-897A9-F25D8

Battle Realms: A8736-DC491-D2EC4-F944E

Edit: And they are gone! Enjoy!

Dreamerdeceiver52 fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 1, 2016

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I tried but have no idea how to redeem codes for GOG :|

EDIT:
https://www.gog.com/redeem

Got it - thanks for Battle Realms!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I still have a Spelunky if anyone wants it.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

New email from GOG:

"Due to certain games that we’ll be launching in the future, we added some explanations about the legal requirements surrounding virtual item purchases."

:geno:

Some f2p stuff? Wonder what this is.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Expendable DLC for Deus Ex :tinfoil:

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

They've also added a wallet now. A bit less hassle for those who had problems paying through their shady Maltesian bank.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dreamerdeceiver52 posted:

Keys for Giants: Citizen Kabuto, plus Battle Realms + Winter of the Wolf up for grabs:

Giants: 15D33-FA766-897A9-F25D8

Battle Realms: A8736-DC491-D2EC4-F944E

Let me know if you have claimed them, cheers.

Cheers for posting these, someone has taken Giants.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I missed the Sim Golf thing but god drat I want Streets of Sim City available, I miss that broken mess of a game :(

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Shadow Warrior Classic Complete is free for a limited time(?). Grab it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Shadow Warrior Classic Complete is free for a limited time(?). Grab it.

Done! Thank you!