Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Excuse you but I took a Pidgeot with Fly, Wing Attack, Razor Wind and Sky Attack to the Hall of Fame in Blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

Excuse you but I took a Pidgeot with Fly, Wing Attack, Razor Wind and Sky Attack to the Hall of Fame in Blue

I once took a Spinarak with Return/Dig/Psychic/Solarbeam, by itself, to the Hall of Fame in Gold.

I still feel comfortable calling both of them hot garbage.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Mega Medicham owns, friend.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
My Blastoise had Surf, Ice Beam, Skull Bash and Fissure
Hoo boy am I bad at Pokemon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rygar201 posted:

Mega Medicham owns, friend.

I didn't say it didn't. Its just such a weird pokemon to have a mega-evolution of. Its not popular, it wasn't banking on Gen 1 nostalgia, it didn't desperately neeed one to be relevant...

It just got one because they had a really cool idea for the design.

Calaveron posted:

My Charizard had Cut, Flamethrower, Ember, Fire Spin

:hfive:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Calaveron posted:

At least those are all different types.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Zore posted:

Someone at Gamefreak had a design they wanted to use probably.

Why is Audino the only Gen V pokemon to get one? Why did Glalie, Medicham and Banette get them?

Why did Beedrill get one and not Butterfree?

:shrug:

Also, Pidgeot was the worst of the 3-stage trashbirds while also being the iconic Gen 1 bird. Talonflame is amazing, Staraptor is legit good and Unfezant is at least decent (It gets Hypnosis which is kinda neat, and its attack is good).

Pidgeot was hot garbage.

The big joke is that Mega Evolution did little to actually make them stand out.

Mega Audino gains Healer, the subpar ability that regular Audino already has. Medicham is just regular Medicham squared. Glalie and Banette were given interesting gimmicks but requires dying to use effectively (Banette gets a Prankster Destiny Bond while Glalie has a Refrigerated Explosion). Even Pidgeot is gimped because of its crummy movepool and No Guard letting it get hit by things like Stone Edge.

Beedrill benefited from Mega Evolution the most since regular Beedrill wasn't worth using beforehand.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Mega Evolution and Z Moves are awesome because the game needs to be even more Anime, more mega evos please

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zuzie posted:

The big joke is that Mega Evolution did little to actually make them stand out.

Mega Audino gains Healer, the subpar ability that regular Audino already has. Medicham is just regular Medicham squared. Glalie and Banette were given interesting gimmicks but requires dying to use effectively (Banette gets a Prankster Destiny Bond while Glalie has a Refrigerated Explosion). Even Pidgeot is gimped because of its crummy movepool and No Guard letting it get hit by things like Stone Edge.

Beedrill benefited from Mega Evolution the most since regular Beedrill wasn't worth using beforehand.

Pidgeot is probably the best of all of those though? Its fast and 100% accurate Hurricane off of 135 special attack is nothing to sneeze at.

Its banned to BL on Smogon because its too good for the lower tiers where all the rest hang out while regular Pidgeot has literally 0 niche because anything it can do Unfeazent/Dodrio/Fearow can do way better.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

At least those are all different types.

OHKO moves like Fissure and Horn Drill were 100% based around speed and Blastoise was a slow fucker

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats the gimmick that makes these phiones hatch faster

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Mega Medicham is current OU staple and made a mediocre pokemon very powerful and good.

If you think that's a bad mega just because it didn't give a pokemon a new gimmick/niche you're dumb.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

whats the gimmick that makes these phiones hatch faster

?

If you have a pokemon with Flame Body/Magma armor in your party, are carrying around the oval charm you get from completing the National Pokedex or pop a Hatching O=Power you can hatch pokemon faster.

All 3 stack.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

have magcargo watch over them and use hatching power and also hatch better monsters

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

everything about mega medicham's design makes it 100% the best mega

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Zore posted:

?

If you have a pokemon with Flame Body/Magma armor in your party, are carrying around the oval charm you get from completing the National Pokedex or pop a Hatching O=Power you can hatch pokemon faster.

All 3 stack.

hmmmmmmm now I gotta figure out where to get o-powers lol

oh its' literally the last one?? gently caress that

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
Pretty sure GF still has no clue what they are doing in some aspects of the game. Like movepools that doesn't match the ability- poor flareon. I wish they would just revamp movepools . Don't even care if they don't change the stats bc now we know they are doing megas/alolan/whatever. I would totally use Carbink (edit: carbink was a bad example) if it's movepool had more to it. Like Kingler- it has sheer force but no waterfall, or much else that would support it better.

cancerianmoth fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 1, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you just have to talk to the people in mauville and watch the weirdest cutscene in the game

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm playing X now gotta catch all these pokes at the end of the pokedex i skipped

just seen my first binacle and theres a new challenger to carnivine's shittiest pokethrone

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

oddium posted:

everything about mega medicham's design makes it 100% the best mega

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

cancerianmoth posted:

Pretty sure GF still has no clue what they are doing in some aspects of the game. Like movepools that doesn't match the ability- poor flareon. I wish they would just revamp movepools . Don't even care if they don't change the stats bc now we know they are doing megas/alolan/whatever. I would totally use carbink if it's movepool had more to it.

What moves could you possibly give Flareon to make it good?

Seriously, it already has Flare Blitz and Superpower. Its just still, you know, a slow-as-gently caress Fire type with bad defence.

I'm pretty sure the only thing that could reasonably save it would be Technician and a fire-type physical priority attack. And it still wouldn't really be good.

Also Carbink has a fantastic movepool :psyduck: it just has poor stat layout.

I would kill for a Special Rock attacker that had Carbink's movepool.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh my god barbaracle is even worse

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

oh my god barbaracle is even worse

What the gently caress is this

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

sharrrk posted:

What the gently caress is this

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Zore posted:

Also Carbink has a fantastic movepool :psyduck: it just has poor stat layout.

I would kill for a Special Rock attacker that had Carbink's movepool.

Mega Diancie

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

please tag :nms: content

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If you're going to insult my buddy Barbaracle, then we're going to have a problem here.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

I'm playing X now gotta catch all these pokes at the end of the pokedex i skipped

just seen my first binacle and theres a new challenger to carnivine's shittiest pokethrone

isn't it actually competitively viable tho?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i know what barbaracle is, moron. i'm asking what the gently caress tha tpost is. i hate it, barbaracle is badass

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I have fine so many cycles through this drat Glittering Cave room, and I now have multiples of every fossil but Plume! Dammit Y, give me my Archeops!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm actually shocked that's a real pokemon. how is anything in pokemon uranium worse than grabbyface edgelord barbaracle

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I'm confused by all of the people saying Unfezant is less garbage than Pigeot. Unfezant is still the only thing I ditched in single player due to it underperforming. It has a nice attack, but can't really do slot with it till later levels, and even then the move pool is very limited.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

I'm actually shocked that's a real pokemon. how is anything in pokemon uranium worse than grabbyface edgelord barbaracle

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

This thread is rampant with trolls. Where are the mods?

Catalina
May 20, 2008

"Oh, a Custap berry? I've never seen one of those in my game of Pokemon X, why don't I just look up how to get o-"
:stare:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How can you possibly describe Barbaracle as an edgelord of all things

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I see at least 40 edges

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

Mega Diancie

Ironically, doesn't loving have Power Gem (despite Carbink getting it!) because Game Freak is allergic to giving that to pokemon that might be able to use it.

So...

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
As a man of the sea Barbaracle is a love song to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Super No Vacancy posted:

gently caress off.