Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Angelo Dawkins is basically Shelton Benjamin if he wrestled in quicksand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Aaliyah making a bold new entry to the "most CAW-rear end music" competition

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Aliyah's gear and music is a million times better this week.

...are those tiny alien heads on her hips?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Go RV! posted:

Aliyah's gear and music is a million times better this week.

...are those tiny alien heads on her hips?

Certainly looks like it.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Full Sail can suck a butt

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I'm really not getting what people see in Liv Morgan.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Aliyah still VERY green, but i did like that submission.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Liv Morgan's ok but that finisher sucked. What was it even supposed to be?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

We're never going to hear Nakamura's theme without the crowd singing it again, are we?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm watching on delay, but just got to Itami's promo. I kinda like 'kickmans who thinks you're a pussy to sell injuries' as a gimmick for him to set him apart from Nakamura or Ibushi (if the latter's coming in, which seems unlikely now)

EDIT: Oh. TM61 video. :geno:

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

SomeMathGuy posted:

We're never going to hear Nakamura's theme without the crowd singing it again, are we?

In the right arena, it sounds great. Like in Brooklyn.

Full Sail, not so much.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Delsaber posted:

I'm really not getting what people see in Liv Morgan.

Player 2 Carmella

EDIT: I just realised what that Nakamura segment is. It's "Can he do the opening 20 minute Raw promo segment?" And I think the answer is... if he works on his pronunciation a little... probably!

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 1, 2016

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

dordreff posted:

Liv Morgan's ok but that finisher sucked. What was it even supposed to be?

It looked like a spinkick but Aaliyah stepped forward and it became a devastating do-si-do.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Go RV! posted:

There was a very distinct shot of a woman walking, which stood out from everything else in that package, so I'm fairly sure this is Crazy Mary.
I interpreted it as a woman running away. There was also an obvious man clenching his fist.

Possible stable including Tommy End and Crazy Mary?

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Gaz-L posted:

Player 2 Carmella

EDIT: I just realised what that Nakamura segment is. It's "Can he do the opening 20 minute Raw promo segment?" And I think the answer is... if he works on his pronunciation a little... probably!

Liv is the Carmella with the one black friend she constantly namedrops yet is never seen.

Full Sail crowd is the end result of splicing the DNA of Sign Guy, Green Lantern Fan and CZW airhorns.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Full Sail chanting, "You deserve it" like Nakamura was some underappreciated talent who clawed his way up to the top of WWE developmental was shameful.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

'you deserve it' is dead

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Full Sail chanting, "You deserve it" like Nakamura was some underappreciated talent who clawed his way up to the top of WWE developmental was shameful.

They chant it every time someone they like wins a championship.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I didn't have a problem with it for KO or Sasha, but was kind of odd for Nakamura since he was a top guy for so long in Japan.

But I mean, what are you gonna do, NOT chant something?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Well, I guess taking the risk to go from Japan to America to gain recognition there and winning the top belt in WWE development is enough of an accomplishment to say he deserves it for his willingness to take such chances?

I'm not sure how you'd put that into a chant, though. "IT WORKED OUT! IT WORKED OUT! IT WORKED OUT!"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tim Wiese https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1qrbffAyIk

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
or you could chant Shinsuke or Nakamura

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Itami's cadence sounded like he's been taking English lessons from Tommy Wiseau.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Her shirt, admitting her mom account shares with her and the Uzi noise:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/771150764508979201

Iconic

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

quote:

Graves: Buddy Murphy was supposed to be in Brooklyn but he got locked out of his house, couldn't find his car keys, and missed his flight.
Phillips: Where did you get this information?
Graves: I'm a journalist, Tom.

guys I loving love NXT

the brawl out of the back into the ring in a single camera shot :psyduck:

steve cutler's facial hair is fuckin horrible

crawford seems alright. couldn't find much out about him except that he had a nasty botch at a house show back in May. I haven't heard of Cutler or Crawford before that match and now I'd be up for seeing them more often, at least?

angelo dawkins still seems pretty bad, oof. at least he has a character, though, I'll give him that

Aliyah's gear is cool as hell and I dig her hella generic music

this episode of NXT had some rough loving wrestling but developmental wrestling can be fun sometimes. I hope they do more to get me invested in these characters, but tbf they're still just getting started with some of the more established dudes like Jose, Aries, and Roode, so I get why they don't want to devote a ton of promo/segment time to the rookies

oh, and I appreciated Nakamura mispronouncing Samoa Joe's name in honor of his hero Scott Steiner

e: dang that Liv promo rovert posted is good if generic, put that on TV

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Sep 1, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Nice to see Steve Cutler is keeping the Lash Leroux spirit alive.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Gaz-L posted:

I'm watching on delay, but just got to Itami's promo. I kinda like 'kickmans who thinks you're a pussy to sell injuries' as a gimmick for him to set him apart from Nakamura or Ibushi (if the latter's coming in, which seems unlikely now)

EDIT: Oh. TM61 video. :geno:

I'm glad they're running with that gimmick because it fits in perfectly with the great line he had at the end of his very first interview after he signed: "My style is kick, and I will kick your rear end."

I have no idea how that TM61 video was supposed to make me more interested in them.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Dawkins does a lot more headband play in his house show matches which I am into.

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep

beggar posted:

Dawkins does a lot more headband play in his house show matches which I am into.

During the Indy show earlier this year people started chanting D'Lo at him and eventually he ran with it. Almost made up for the fact that Austin Aries missed the show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ember's theme is very busy. Seems like two songs at once. Like you left a second tab open and forgot to close it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLZybc-xIKA

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

rovert posted:

Ember's theme is very busy. Seems like two songs at once. Like you left a second tab open and forgot to close it.

It feels like it's cutting between two different songs with the lyrics part and the guitar solo.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Losem posted:

During the Indy show earlier this year people started chanting D'Lo at him and eventually he ran with it. Almost made up for the fact that Austin Aries missed the show.

He got that constantly at NXT Download, he eventually ran with it there to.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Dawkins is in fact The Real Deal Now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

If they could just keep the beginning going throughout, that would be great.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/771680546552287232

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I want Samoa Joe to embrace Nakamura's pronunciation of his name and become a beach bum character named Summer Joe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

tnimark posted:

I want Samoa Joe to embrace Nakamura's pronunciation of his name and become a beach bum character named Summer Joe.

Nah, Joe's gonna give Shinsuke a rematch because he asked so nicely for Some Mo' Jo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/771709506522902528

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Yeah, they cancelled the show in a couple weeks. Good thing I hadn't booked my train. Jerks.

Assuming St. Catharines is still on? Edit: nope.

Rand McNally fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/771136309800775680

• Locked thread