Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Smythe posted:

Actually, according to the Dead or Alive Wiki, Kasumi is 17. MOther Fucker.

trap sprung pedo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

dammit stymie was right. tim cook grabbed his dick and told taxes to sick it cause he's straight bailing on it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hobbesmaster posted:

you mean sales tax? that's the way it works now. you want to implement a nation wide VAT?

sales tax isn't paid by a company. it's paid by the consumers. the company collects and holds the sales tax in a trust to pay to the state on whatever schedule, but it isn't their money ever.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mr. Nice! posted:

sales tax isn't paid by a company. it's paid by the consumers. the company collects and holds the sales tax in a trust to pay to the state on whatever schedule, but it isn't their money ever.

VAT is though

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

computer parts posted:

VAT is though

yeah but I don't think many places (if any) in the usa use vat. plenty of states have sales tax though to gently caress the poor.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

THC posted:

my iPhone SE lasts me 2 days on a charge

the iphone se is the best phone ever made

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Mr. Nice! posted:

all tax is paid by the consumer, some of it is just indirect by being built into the price of the product

* well not exactly true because capital gains, but taxes on money generated selling goods and services

The Management fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 1, 2016

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lmao

say goodbye to your ports, fuc*ers
https://twitter.com/dgoooo/status/771109766529622016

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the survey is to help them design the dongle

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

PleasureKevin posted:

dammit stymie was right. tim cook grabbed his dick and told taxes to sick it cause he's straight bailing on it

looks like a good way to get investigated by the sec

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

because SEC investigations into massively profitable international companies with gigantic teams of eight-figure lawyers always work out in favor of the investigators

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

mishaq posted:

the iphone se is the best phone ever made

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

they should put a lightning port on the Macbook Pro for my lightning headphones.

also ship the next iPhone with aLightning-to-USB-C instead of USB. that or AirPods as standard.

i will literally not care about the port situation at all if this is the case.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

this is so they know which dongles to make

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I gave a hearty lomarf at this

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

zen death robot posted:

they'll keep the thunderbolt port
thunderbolt 3 uses the usb-c connector, so, while you're right, it's not in the way you meant.

incidentally, i use a thunderbolt port more than my headphone jack

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ive never used the thunderbolt port on my 2011 macbook pro for anything except external video :(

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

mishaq posted:

ive never used the thunderbolt port on my 2011 macbook pro for anything except external video :(

I think it was really a port for that 2% of users who are doing high-end pro video stuff and dropping 5k on a fully-upgraded model.

pretty disappointing from a consumer standpoint of people hoping for low-price, super past drives and... 4k Cinema Displays. rip.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
apple doesn't make a laptop capable of high end pro video editing.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I use the DisplayPort on my MacBook Air every day!! (to use a dongle to convert to HDMI...)

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

mishaq posted:

target dick mode

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

because SEC investigations into massively profitable international companies with gigantic teams of eight-figure lawyers always work out in favor of the investigators

In that the investigators not infrequently get hired on by those law firms?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

I used harambe glue to fix my Apple Watch this morning.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

dicks out indeed

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I might dig out the gorilla mask that originally went with my Robot Monster costume and find a child mannequin to drag round by one leg for Halloween. maybe get a big tee printed up

DON'T SHOOT

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

error1 posted:

I'd love my phone to have a 6000mAh RC battery pack in it but not if I risk having my balls served extra crispy instead of medium rare

please dont start grill chat again

Smythe posted:

quad coil cloud monster

found my lost rp handle

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Is apple going to release a newer iPad pro XL or whatever they are calling it? Honestly the naming thing is confusing because I thought iPad Pro=hueg but there is an iPad Pro Normal it seems.

Anyway I am one of the new people who thinks the large iPad is awesome and I was just wondering if they are done with that line. Did it sell well at all?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it outsold the surface. it's not even a year old, so i doubt it will get an update next week if that's what you're wanting, but maybe next year.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

it outsold the surface. it's not even a year old, so i doubt it will get an update next week if that's what you're wanting, but maybe next year.

Everyone constantly wants new updates to everything all the time. Why do you want to spend your money unnecessarily? Just use the thing and then upgrade it when it's no longer sufficient.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

Cool, thanks. I don't have one but I wanted to get one; I figured I'd wait for the newer one if it were just around the corner but I guess there is no need to wait. 🍻

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Citizen Tayne posted:

Everyone constantly wants new updates to everything all the time. Why do you want to spend your money unnecessarily? Just use the thing and then upgrade it when it's no longer sufficient.

agreed. this is why my computer at home is still an athlon II x4 640.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i probably shouldn't have put win10 on my inspiron 6400 from 2006 but it still suits my document writing and basic coursework needs

if i had bought a macintosh laptop instead, it probably would be suiting them better

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
if you had a macintosh from 2006 you couldn't update mac os to a still supported version and would no longer be receiving security updates, so count your blessings

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

flakeloaf posted:

i probably shouldn't have put win10 on my inspiron 6400 from 2006 but it still suits my document writing and basic coursework needs

if i had bought a macintosh laptop instead, it probably would be suiting them better

haha i have one of those sitting around with windows 8.1 running on it. don't know why i keep it. i used it as a htpc for years and maybe im sentimental and want to gently caress that computer

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

error1 posted:

Is the maximum size of the LiPo fire in your pants regulated anywhere? Is that why smartphone batteries are still woefully small and you barely get half a days use out of them?

I'd love my phone to have a 6000mAh RC battery pack in it but not if I risk having my balls served extra crispy instead of medium rare

it gotta be thin! thin!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my nexus 6p lasts 2 days without recharge with normal use. gently caress me it is epic as hell

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

error1 posted:

Is the maximum size of the LiPo fire in your pants regulated anywhere? Is that why smartphone batteries are still woefully small and you barely get half a days use out of them?

no. i mean, it's probably limited by shipping limits, but those are going to give you a massively bigger battery than you'd ever shove in a phone

incidentally, i spent yesterday watching lithium batteries blow up and :stare:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

neonbregna posted:

welp Apple is bad now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

no. i mean, it's probably limited by shipping limits, but those are going to give you a massively bigger battery than you'd ever shove in a phone

incidentally, i spent yesterday watching lithium batteries blow up and :stare:

Uninstalled lithium batteries were limited to 1100mAh when I last was told about it, but that was 2011

• Locked thread