Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what is it with hardline people and being unable to self-censor

its not a left or right wing issue (even though the right has definitely taken the crown this election)

why do you need to call someone a bimbo and say you are going to ram anything down their throats, like idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shageletic posted:

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/771338375165018112

This is why I was posting about the 49er player earlier. It all connects

*tries to step carefully through a floor festooned with red ribbons*

I hate Trump even more than before. Wasn't sure that would happen.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

"Your honor, I think you'll find that I in no way disparaged Trump LLC, with whom I signed that contract, when I wrote my tell all book about my bosses at the totally unaffiliated Trump 2016."

lol I just realized from this that Trump's business dirt being so incredibly easy to unearth is because he names everything after himself

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

More whining from Shillaries about how the press is unfair eh?

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/771344820812058624

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Former_Presidents_Act

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Private capitalist space programs going well I see.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the one crack in his flawless armor

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Yeah, that would be a bullshit thing to get up in arms about. So of course they will... :sigh:

It's like companies that get mad at you if you spend any of your salary ("their money") on birth control.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dear loving god this is so bad.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

euphronius posted:

I doubt those no disclosures are enforceable against volunteers.

Good think Trump has a long and recent history of filing frivolous lawsuits that he knows he can't win just to punish people he feels have wronged him. He is quite proud of it actually.

In other news the WSJ just smacked down Trump on Mexican jobs:

WSJ posted:

Donald Trump said trade has caused a “tremendous” exodus of American jobs. But it’s really more of a trickle, economists say.

The Republican presidential nominee, visiting Mexico, said the North American Free Trade Agreement has benefited Mexico more than the U.S.

“We must take action to stem the tremendous outflow of jobs from our country,” Mr. Trump said Wednesday after meeting Mexico’s president.

But trade is a two-way street, and a 2014 study published by the Peterson Institute for International Economics estimated that while imports from Mexico have displaced 203,000 jobs a year, the two-way trade has also supported 188,000 jobs due to U.S. exports headed south. So that’s a net 15,000 jobs lost annually, a tiny fraction of U.S. employment, according to the 2014 study by Gary Hufbauer, Cathleen Cimino and Tyler Moran.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BREAKING: Bill Clinton was president once.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If only she held more press conferences the press wouldn't be doing this thing they've happily gone along with for 25 years! It's her fault, really, she's as bad a Trump!

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/fredericlambert/status/771337821902757888

Pretty sure Bannon blew up a shuttle to change the narrative.

It's funny because the way SpaceX is reported and talked about, you'd never know that taxpayers have put billions and billions of dollars into it

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

School starts on September 7 in Michigan. Usually during an election year I look forward to teaching Civics because we have a dearth of content happening in real time to teach students about the whole election process. My classes last spring already had a taste of that with the primary. This is the first time I can recall in my teaching career where I am seriously reserved about what I can share in class. I imagine other Social Studies teachers across the country are dealing with the exact same issue.

I teach a public speaking course. My students were assigned Trump's RNC speech for class. Several of them have approached me to beg to never make them watch him speak again.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Sinteres posted:

Probably something like 'English is my first language and I have a job, so this doesn't have anything to do with me.' The idea that all Hispanics are single issue voters about immigration is kind of silly, but Trump's rhetoric is heated and racist enough that even the assimilated second and third generation immigrants are finding it hard to justify sticking around now.

"immigration" is republican code for hating brown people and being afraid of non-white majorities

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
SHOCK STORY: Former president uses money given to former presidents to staff charity; spouse refuses to hold press conference about these very real and serious and totally legitimate allegations

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shageletic posted:

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/771338375165018112

This is why I was posting about the 49er player earlier. It all connects

*tries to step carefully through a floor festooned with red ribbons*

But isn't Kaepernick sitting out during the national anthem, not the pledge of allegiance?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

every time a republican refers to moving against "illegals" they're literally euphemizing the 14 words

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/771328439936745472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

prefect posted:

Is Phoenix in Arpaio territory?

Yes, Phoenix (nearly the entire metro) is in Maricopa County where that fat, crooked nutsack is (((sheriff))).

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/fredericlambert/status/771337821902757888

Pretty sure Bannon blew up a shuttle to change the narrative.

Hillary has done this!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

But isn't Kaepernick sitting out during the national anthem, not the pledge of allegiance?

this sounds like terrorist talk

Dr Dracula
Oct 30, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

what is it with hardline people and being unable to self-censor

its not a left or right wing issue (even though the right has definitely taken the crown this election)

why do you need to call someone a bimbo and say you are going to ram anything down their throats, like idgi

because if they self-censor then you don't know they're hardline

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/771346695879692288

Dad, we gotta go full Hitler.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Assage: "Falcon 9 was covertly loaded with incriminating documents again the Clinton Foundation that would tank the Clinton campaign overnight, but she found out and silenced us!!!!!!"

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

euphronius posted:

BREAKING: Bill Clinton was president once.

I knew there was something wrong about him, Hillary is disqualified.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

I teach a public speaking course. My students were assigned Trump's RNC speech for class. Several of them have approached me to beg to never make them watch him speak again.

The first debate is on September 7. Normally I would assign they watch at least one and write a summary for class, but yeah, this loving election.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Montasque posted:

/pol/ kiddies are starting to retweet this guy. Googled him, and... He's the actual leader of the alt-right.

https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/771205383750717440

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7mRG88KPbA

Yeah he's a real swell guy

quote:

“Martin Luther King Jr., a fraud and degenerate in his life, has become the symbol and cynosure of White Dispossession and the deconstruction of Occidental civilization. We must overcome!”

– National Policy Institute column, January 2014

“Immigration is a kind a proxy war—and maybe a last stand—for White Americans, who are undergoing a painful recognition that, unless dramatic action is taken, their grandchildren will live in a country that is alien and hostile.”

– National Policy Institute column, February 2014

“Our dream is a new society, an ethno-state that would be a gathering point for all Europeans. It would be a new society based on very different ideals than, say, the Declaration of Independence."

– Quoted by Vice, October 2013

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/richard-bertrand-spencer-0

I think I also posted some crazy rear end tweets of his or something before

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall
Lmao at goons defending Hillary's treatment of the press by saying that they treat her poorly unironically.

There's another candidate in this race who that sentiment would actually apply to.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The first debate is on September 7. Normally I would assign they watch at least one and write a summary for class, but yeah, this loving election.

*hands in a piece of paper that just says "gently caress IT I'M OUT*

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Wall Is Life posted:

Lmao at goons defending Hillary's treatment of the press by saying that they treat her poorly unironically.

There's another candidate in this race who that sentiment would actually apply to.

really

you're really going to try this now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Hillary Clinton can't get over 46% vs the most despicable presidential candidate in US history. She would be 10 points down to John Kasich.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wall Is Life posted:

Trump gets incredibly good press.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Yinlock posted:

*hands in a piece of paper that just says "gently caress IT I'M OUT*

Full credit

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every time I read a conspiracy theory about the US government or someone in a powerful position inside it, I can only think about that scene from The Dark Knight where dude is all like "haha nerd I got proof Bruce Wayne is Batman you better pay me to be quiet" and then Morgan Freeman is all like "bro realize that if you are right then you are trying to blackmail some vigilante badass" and then dude is all like welp and leaves.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/771347288446820352

Maggie Haberman: See it is a softening. Whatever Trump says is true.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Hillary Clinton can't get over 45% vs the most despicable presidential candidate in US history. She would be 10 points down to John Kasich.

I'm sorry Bernie lost lol.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

26th, actually, before you go and assign anything with a due date :)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

euphronius posted:

I'm sorry Bernie lost lol.

Me too.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Sinteres posted:

Probably something like 'English is my first language and I have a job, so this doesn't have anything to do with me.' The idea that all Hispanics are single issue voters about immigration is kind of silly, but Trump's rhetoric is heated and racist enough that even the assimilated second and third generation immigrants are finding it hard to justify sticking around now.

Yeah, that's exactly it. Well-off hispanic people in the southwest could rationalize a FYGM attitude because "he's not talking about me or any of my immigrant family members, he's talking about the dirtbags who come over here and make us all look bad"

Now that we've got white nationalists on TV espousing racial purity while some vacuous reporter politely nods along. Pretty hard to keep up the FYGM in the face of that, I think.

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

Yinlock posted:

really

you're really going to try this now

Yes. Trump gets treated much worse by the press than Hillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

26th, actually, before you go and assign anything with a due date :)

The commander in chief thing is next Wednesday. :colbert:

• Locked thread