Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="463796889"]
my 5000 word thesis on space guild admissions practices:
im gay

There we go. FTFY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Yea Sigma Squad has been doing bait mining ops in MJXW-P. I even bought a rorqual to give mining boosts. We have broken 20 people mining in the fleet a bunch recently and numbers are going up. The bait part comes from our PVP characters sitting ready to pounce the instant a neutral lights a cyno. Also Sigma Squad is the best and most chill of all the squads.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ya'all who are engaging daco as if he's a real person are the real idiots.

Syndic Thrass posted:

Shut the gently caress up daco
ftfy

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Stealthgerbil posted:

Yea Sigma Squad has been doing bait mining ops in MJXW-P. I even bought a rorqual to give mining boosts. We have broken 20 people mining in the fleet a bunch recently and numbers are going up. The bait part comes from our PVP characters sitting ready to pounce the instant a neutral lights a cyno. Also Sigma Squad is the best and most chill of all the squads.

Wait, I can mine, and then if someone attacks, I get to jump an apt in to kill the attackers? Man, maybe I won't wait for Alpha Clones before getting back into the game.

(or maybe I'll hesitate over allegiance to BOS Vs GSF and then not actually do anything.)

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

VideoGames posted:

I have no idea where that is but at some point in the next few days I should have my main ships in Zinkon!
I think from there I can get to Delve and other such places and whatnot!

Thank you for the invite! I have so many its difficult to choose. Maybe I can be blue and help everyone?

if u r already blue I could try to scout u a hole in doing this

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:eyepop:

There's that racism from good ol' GSF again.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Stealthgerbil posted:

the best part about this is you guys chose one out of like the three systems that aren't in drop range of d-w

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

ChickenWing posted:

its v funny, but not for the reasons you think

(the correct reason is because sometimes nerds get really mad about it because they cannot conceive that, despite the facade of benevolence, we're an iron-fisted dictatorship)

Have you ever thought, that perhaps we shouldn't be set up that way anymore? it did win us world war bee though

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

maybe you shouldn't want to play with people who you see as inconsistent or bad?

but then again, you have a habit of getting banned from things you disagree with, so it's a self correcting problem

nah, I just like playing with goons.

I just think it's p funny when people take it so seriously. :toot:

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Glory of Arioch posted:

the best part about this is you guys chose one out of like the three systems that aren't in drop range of d-w

I think it was chosen because of how close it is to lowsec and it is also -.9 trusec which makes the belts nearly as good as the index 3 anomalies that spawn. But yea it is not within 5ly of D-W and is sort of close to npc delve. We settled there before we had control of D-W and when we thought 1-SMEB was going to be the main system.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

:eyepop:

There's that racism from good ol' GSF again.

Is this just some sort of inside joke sailing over my head? Or do you have a compulsion to point out any moderately non-PC post made by a GSF poster?

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Stealthgerbil posted:

I think it was chosen because of how close it is to lowsec and it is also -.9 trusec which makes the belts nearly as good as the index 3 anomalies that spawn. But yea it is not within 5ly of D-W and is sort of close to npc delve. We settled there before we had control of D-W and when we thought 1-SMEB was going to be the main system.

Theta was invested in the 1-SMEB area as well. We moved. vOv

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

cravius posted:

Have you ever thought, that perhaps we shouldn't be set up that way anymore? it did win us world war bee though

We should vote on everything like fcon

I propose we jump through this gate goon sirs

What say you

Also you could propose something serious or would that break your snidepost persona

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

mehall posted:

Wait, I can mine, and then if someone attacks, I get to jump an apt in to kill the attackers? Man, maybe I won't wait for Alpha Clones before getting back into the game.

(or maybe I'll hesitate over allegiance to BOS Vs GSF and then not actually do anything.)

You do realise that if you went back to BOS you'd be in CO2 and effectively answering to gigx?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jazzzzz posted:

Is this just some sort of inside joke sailing over my head? Or do you have a compulsion to point out any moderately non-PC post made by a GSF poster?

It's an un-defendable position to argue against him doing it without looking bad in the context of SA. Goons love that poo poo.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Jazzzzz posted:

nah

he points it out because antisemitism is always funny

just like having a chat channel deriding black people

the joke is it's not funny at all

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

WhoNeedsAName posted:

You do realise that if you went back to BOS you'd be in CO2 and effectively answering to gigx?

I was not aware of this change to BOS allegiance, last I was aware, BOS were building up the OSS again, when did they align with CO2?

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

mehall posted:

I was not aware of this change to BOS allegiance, last I was aware, BOS were building up the OSS again, when did they align with CO2?

They "built up" OSS by recruiting Bovril, who are mostly a bunch of useless miners. When the inevitable breakup came, Bovril and assorted chaff was kept in OSS (with a BOS executor corps still in control) for some reason, while BOS went to CO2, sometime in the beginning of August.

Supposedly https://soundcloud.com/user-979442235/death-of-oss is relevant, but gently caress if I'm going to listen to that.

Tsed fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 1, 2016

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

cravius posted:

I thought it once. Then I stopped thinking it because it was A Bad Idea.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Tsed posted:

They "built up" OSS by recruiting Bovril, who are mostly a bunch of useless miners. When the inevitable breakup came, Bovril and assorted chaff was kept in OSS (with a BOS executor corps still in control) for some reason, while BOS went to CO2, sometime in the beginning of August.

Supposedly https://soundcloud.com/user-979442235/death-of-oss is relevant, but gently caress if I'm going to listen to that.

Erk.
I'd hate to fly against suas, but on the other hand, I wouldn't want to fly with Co2.
Maybe I'll just wait for Alpha clones.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Jazzzzz posted:

It's his personal crusade to make sure that this thread is aware of everyone in GSF and assorted allies who might have said a naughty word ever.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I know I'm late to the party and all but could you guys stop saying sion, cause he's gone. ty and godbless

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I know I'm late to the party and all but could you guys stop saying sion, cause he's gone. ty and godbless

What.

What.

Jesus gently caress I have not been paying enough attention to things.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yeah he stepped down i think at least a month ago, go check jabber director list or the sticky thread in aad that says who everyone is, he aint there son

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Nobody reads alliance description of the most followed alliance in Eve, weird.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Baculus posted:

Paco you are making the same argument as before. Goonfucking can be talking mad amounts of poo poo while joining the enemy analog of the Hitler Youth during the march to "exterminate ze gewns". It seems like everyone but you agrees on this.

I doubt "everyone but me" agrees on this, but see below on your hyperbolic bullshit speaking. I'm not saying she didn't make a mistake, but what I am saying is that it's not really a bad enough mistake to not be allowed back in. Again, this is not so much about her insomuch as it's about why the decision is made and how that fits in with the ethos of what we were founded on (hint: giving no fucks about words on the Internet is a big part of it.)

Baculus posted:

You can't really spin it as director corruption or some poo poo like that when literally 99% of the entire alliance agrees with the decision.

I'm not spinning it as anything, I'm just curious as to what is going on there. And by "literally" 99% of the entire alliance agreeing with the decision, do you actually mean literally, as in you polled every single loving nerd in the alliance and got that figure, or did you use it out of context like a loving idiot? gently caress outta here. 99 out of 100 nerds could agree with the decision and maybe I would too if I got a valid loving reason and not this elite pvp spaceguild bullshit, as this is counter to the way poo poo is supposed to work in Goons. So... step off me please. I'm duly sorry that I offended your little space utopia there by having the nerve to question a couple of shady as gently caress directorate decisions. Didn't you make a post a little ways back about people using words out of context? Whoops.

And your above statement is completely invalid as it relates to Kis as well and I'm positive that if I did a loving poll right now I wouldn't get 99% of the alliance agreeing with THAT decision, and I lump both of them in the same argument here, because it's ostensibly the same issue and what's troubling to me is that it seems to keep happening.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

yeah he stepped down i think at least a month ago, go check jabber director list or the sticky thread in aad that says who everyone is, he aint there son

Not asking for drama, but what was the reason? Was it a :commissar: decision or does he just want to do something else with his time?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Alternatively, we could keep on keeping on because it makes nerds on the internet mad :sun:

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Tsed posted:

It's essential SUAS whining about having too many PvE players in the alliance and how they weren't getting the content that they wanted as part of the MBC when the simplest thing to do would have been to kick Bovril and reset everyone. It was kinda sad and pathetic considering that when I started playing BOS and Space Violence were a fantastic place to learn how not to be utterly terrible.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Daco Vato posted:

I doubt "everyone but me" agrees on this, but see below on your hyperbolic bullshit speaking. I'm not saying she didn't make a mistake, but what I am saying is that it's not really a bad enough mistake to not be allowed back in. Again, this is not so much about her insomuch as it's about why the decision is made and how that fits in with the ethos of what we were founded on (hint: giving no fucks about words on the Internet is a big part of it.)

I'm not spinning it as anything, I'm just curious as to what is going on there. And by "literally" 99% of the entire alliance agreeing with the decision, do you actually mean literally, as in you polled every single loving nerd in the alliance and got that figure, or did you use it out of context like a loving idiot? gently caress outta here. 99 out of 100 nerds could agree with the decision and maybe I would too if I got a valid loving reason and not this elite pvp spaceguild bullshit, as this is counter to the way poo poo is supposed to work in Goons. So... step off me please. I'm duly sorry that I offended your little space utopia there by having the nerve to question a couple of shady as gently caress directorate decisions. Didn't you make a post a little ways back about people using words out of context? Whoops.

And your above statement is completely invalid as it relates to Kis as well and I'm positive that if I did a loving poll right now I wouldn't get 99% of the alliance agreeing with THAT decision, and I lump both of them in the same argument here, because it's ostensibly the same issue and what's troubling to me is that it seems to keep happening.

hi

i didnt read these words but i'm guessing they're terrible

please stop posting, if you have some vague dissatisfaction with the way a space guild clan is run i recommend exiting by the fastest available means as it is a videogame and it's probably better if you play it in a way that doesn't make you post this many words

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

ChickenWing posted:

What.

What.

Jesus gently caress I have not been paying enough attention to things.

Sion needs to do a reddit AMA so Goons know what's up.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ynglaur posted:

Not asking for drama, but what was the reason? Was it a :commissar: decision or does he just want to do something else with his time?

im not a director i have no idea

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

I doubt it was any drama between him and mittani, dude probably just doesn't want a space job.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
21 jumps left. Three ships left behind, but they can be my high sec friends looking after my old home.
I would definitely like to mine with everyone! Harlyq, Sigma Squad, Reverend! All of you guys!

I am six days away from having my frigate skill done, which is awesome! :D

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

VideoGames posted:

21 jumps left. Three ships left behind, but they can be my high sec friends looking after my old home.
I would definitely like to mine with everyone! Harlyq, Sigma Squad, Reverend! All of you guys!

I am six days away from having my frigate skill done, which is awesome! :D

Are you planning on joining goonswarm? If you want to stay in your alt corp you can put an anchor baby (create an alt on the same account that you use just dont train him) into a membercorp (such as goonwaffe) then apply to have your alt corp accepted into the alliance. If you go that route though you'll be responsible for that alt corp and you cant let anyone in that doesn't already have another character in goonswarm.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Reverand maynard posted:

Are you planning on joining goonswarm? If you want to stay in your alt corp you can put an anchor baby (create an alt on the same account that you use just dont train him) into a membercorp (such as goonwaffe) then apply to have your alt corp accepted into the alliance. If you go that route though you'll be responsible for that alt corp and you cant let anyone in that doesn't already have another character in goonswarm.

Does this mean I'd lose the cool RVCMF from in front of my name? I don't really want that to go. If I can just chill alongside people and mine with them for them I'd like that a lot.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sometimes it's best to step back and think "but would I be happier high sec mining in a NPC corp."

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just really enjoy mining. It's nice feeling like a little part of a huge universe doing some good.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

cravius posted:

No. Because that's a dumb idea.

Calling it now, VideoGames shows up with his corp to mine. Everyone in Theta mumble hangs out and mines with him. Some WIDOTTE dudes hear about some neuts and go kill VG. We respond by hot dropping minakawas and domis on the WIDOTTE menace. Blues are shot. Hillarity ensues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Does this mean I'd lose the cool RVCMF from in front of my name? I don't really want that to go. If I can just chill alongside people and mine with them for them I'd like that a lot.

Step one. Create a new eve dude on the same account as Videogames SAforums. Step two. Apply to Goonwaffe. Step three) once you are in and have access to our forums, go here https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/206888-alt-corps-information-application/?hl=%2Balt+%2Bcorp#entry7671832 and read the thread. It will tell you how to get your alt corp into the alliance. An alt corp is a corp that is in the alliance but doesn't have membership status. So you can have Rock Venture Chill Mining Friends corp join the alliance, and you can keep Videogames SAforums in that corporation, but you can only let people into your corp that already have a character in the alliance. You won't be a membercorp which means you can't recruit people from outside the alliance into your corp.

• Locked thread