Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yes let's stop being racist against Fidel Castro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fidel castro iswas a self absorbed retard with mildly better politics than average so it's fitting he's mentioned itt

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I for one think racism is bad

On the other hand, if we never had racism we wouldn't have jazz or blues. Makes you think about how hosed the world is

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tremendous Taste posted:

fidel castro iswas a self absorbed retard with mildly better politics than average so it's fitting he's mentioned itt

Blitz7x posted:

White people: why can't black people just protest normally like civilized folks

Black person: sits quietly during the national anthem

White people: no!!!!! Not like that

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

7wing and a mi77

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Good grief.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the moral tenacity that drives colin kaepernick's no-risk performative activism would be more impressive if he actually refused complicity in a scheme that exploits and casts away black men for the entertainment of the oppressing class

don't sit during the anthem, burn the loving flag and the NFL shield with it

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Tremendous Taste posted:

the moral tenacity that drives colin kaepernick's no-risk performative activism would be more impressive if he actually refused complicity in a scheme that exploits and casts away black men for the entertainment of the oppressing class

How's he supposed to not participate in America? Like, can you opt out?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

hes risking a hundred and twenty six million dollars, the value of his contract

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

v2vian man posted:

i just scrolled quickly through the cravius posts in this thread so you don't have to

you'll never guess, they're rambling, off-target dog poo poo coated in a thin veneer of byob self-quoting irony

Thank you for this on-point deconstruction of my posting itt

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
has anyone said turn on your monitor yet

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

v2vian man posted:

i just scrolled quickly through the cravius posts in this thread so you don't have to

you'll never guess, they're rambling, off-target dog poo poo coated in a thin veneer of byob self-quoting irony

How could you tell it was this thread and not every TFF thread? Don't kink shame my TFF addiction.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chichevache posted:

How's he supposed to not participate in America? Like, can you opt out?

Let me tell you about something called a "sovereign citizen".

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"I DO NOT WISH TO CREATE JOINDER WITH YOU" - Colin Kaepernick, to his receivers.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
If I have to listen to another low information shitbird whine on WFAN like someone broke into their house and kicked their dog, I'm going to plotz.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/771356213992943616

kaepernick is my favorite player

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
:lol: that is great

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Maybe he really is just pulling a Costanza.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Being worse than Blaine Gabbert wasn't enough to get released...what else can I do???

Next week he announces that he finds San Francisco's housing prices 'reasonable' even though the city is 'a giant turd' and he'd prefer to 'live in loving Alabama'

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I want a Kaep and Kluwe podcast

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What if during the next preseason game... Kapernick STANDS during the anthem?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Colin Kaepernick is the player this forum was looking for. It's very interesting to see everyone agree to support him.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Parmesan Basil posted:

Colin Kaepernick is the player this forum was looking for. It's very interesting to see everyone agree to support him.

I would assume with the younger posters its because they desperately don't want to be the same as the mongo dumpster fire of middle aged callers on the local sports talk station.

For the older...the motivation is basically the same.

Plus, SA has always tilted left outside of GBS.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

"CASTRO OWNS"

I almost cut myself on that edgy take. What the gently caress. Seek help.

Anyways, I was thinking about this to myself. Whether I dislike the concept of this or dislike the player. I really thought about it, and I decided I put LeBron James in his placer. Now would LeBron do such a thing? I don't know if he would. I don't think he would want a distraction to effect his team. This isn't to say I couldn't see him doing similar socially active things, but the actions that Kaepernick has done doesn't seem to match the type of thing I would see out of a LeBron or even a Carmelo Anthony.

But if LeBron did it, would I support him? I think I would. LeBron has built up enough good will with me and a lot other people that are fans of his that such an action would have made us take notice.

I think that's part of my problem with this. Kaepernick has came across as a dipshit over the past couple of years.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I don't align with Kaepernick politically, but he's right that racism is a problem, especially in policing, and he's right that he has every right to not participate in the national anthem as a form of political protest. Sure, I might think a lot of his opinions are dumb (Castro lol) but who cares? The average athlete, or person for that matter, has lots of dumb opinions. At least he's willing to risk some bad publicity and take a stand for his.

I feel like that's probably how most younger people feel on it. Well, I assume most of them agree with his politics more as well, but even those who don't.

Now obviously your older American still seems to be of the mind of 'people shouldn't say or do things that make me uncomfortable' which now that I think about it is actually coming back into style with the younger generation. Maybe we all can get along after all!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
ahahaha

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FuzzySkinner posted:

"CASTRO OWNS"

I almost cut myself on that edgy take. What the gently caress. Seek help.

Anyways, I was thinking about this to myself. Whether I dislike the concept of this or dislike the player. I really thought about it, and I decided I put LeBron James in his placer. Now would LeBron do such a thing? I don't know if he would. I don't think he would want a distraction to effect his team. This isn't to say I couldn't see him doing similar socially active things, but the actions that Kaepernick has done doesn't seem to match the type of thing I would see out of a LeBron or even a Carmelo Anthony.

But if LeBron did it, would I support him? I think I would. LeBron has built up enough good will with me and a lot other people that are fans of his that such an action would have made us take notice.

I think that's part of my problem with this. Kaepernick has came across as a dipshit over the past couple of years.

Imagine a world where LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul dropped a BLM speech on the biggest sports stage. Could you imagine.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-is-enough.html

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
The generation that brought us the Kent State shooting thinks there is something wrong with sitting down quietly.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
nick saban was at kent state at the time

makes u think

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I guarantee you that Nick Saban says "friend of the family" in private

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Uh okay

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
prove me wrong b1tch

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

sam bradford lmao posted:

oh, word?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I guarantee you Zane Beadles says "poopy" in private

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I guarantee Alex Smith says "chaos theory" in private

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I hope Kaep takes the field with ACAB written in eyeblack across his face.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chip going to leave Kaep in all game with a third string OL.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I want to buy a Kaepernick jersey and wear it every day in Texas, especially to my class on the history of the Black Power movement

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

blue squares posted:

I want to buy a Kaepernick jersey and wear it every day in Texas, especially to my class on the history of the Black Power movement

Do you go to Prarie view or Texas Southern?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

sam bradford lmao posted:

He's white so yeah

• Locked thread