Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Roland Jones posted:

Right, I meant more putting up with Acacia's... Everything else. Up until he went too far.

Supposedly she ate Pair (the ball soup, not the Nitro), which would have resulted in her body changing, actually, so...

Ahh...there was a moment where everyone became women wasn't there...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Midora was trying to do the big reveal "It was actually twins! and they are fighting you right now!" to Acacia, but then went "gently caress it your a douche i'm just gonna hit you." Possibly he has been aware of things and been a secret good guy the entire time? Since his goal is epic revenge on terrible dad Acacia.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

AtomikKrab posted:

Midora was trying to do the big reveal "It was actually twins! and they are fighting you right now!" to Acacia, but then went "gently caress it your a douche i'm just gonna hit you." Possibly he has been aware of things and been a secret good guy the entire time? Since his goal is epic revenge on terrible dad Acacia.

I think his goal was to satisfy his hunger, up until he met Komatsu, at which point he instantly became a good guy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i like to eat while i read toriko and this wasn't a very good chapter for it

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Jose posted:

i like to eat while i read toriko and this wasn't a very good chapter for it

No time for snacks, it's time to throw down.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I think his goal was to satisfy his hunger, up until he met Komatsu, at which point he instantly became a good guy.

Because Komatsu satisfied his hunger, not with the rarest ingredients or the finest delicacies, but by cooking a meal filled with ~love~.

If Midora survives, and I hope he does, I totally expect him to pick up Ichiryuu's dream where it was left off. Everyone in the world enjoying a delicious meal together! :3:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Silento posted:

Because Komatsu satisfied his hunger, not with the rarest ingredients or the finest delicacies, but by cooking a meal filled with ~love~.

If Midora survives, and I hope he does, I totally expect him to pick up Ichiryuu's dream where it was left off. Everyone in the world enjoying a delicious meal together! :3:

You know it! :cheerdoge:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's kind of amusing that Midoria and Starjun used to be just the villains.

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
Haha I recruited the unborn fetus in my dead wife by giving it magic water until it absorbed her entire body and resurrected.

WRONG that is actually your dead wife that was brought back to life after eating a frog and turned into a man due to drinking the spiritual essense of a monkey's testicles

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's kind of amusing that Midoria and Starjun used to be just the villains.

Its even more amusing that Coco, Zebra, and Sunny got jobbed into oblivion while off screen.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

Haha I recruited the unborn fetus in my dead wife by giving it magic water until it absorbed her entire body and resurrected.

WRONG that is actually your dead wife that was brought back to life after eating a frog and turned into a man due to drinking the spiritual essense of a monkey's testicles

Makes sense to me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well actually it is a random chef ghost which is possessing his dead wife-turned-man's body, but he mistakenly believed that he was the dead wife. for the possession to work the body had to come back to life, though.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Midora's good guy-ness sort of makes sense since his hostility was derived from his mother's death, and having Acacia to blame shifts that around plus he met Komatsu and we all know how that goes. I can sort of agree with it.

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

Its even more amusing that Coco, Zebra, and Sunny got jobbed into oblivion while off screen.
While Starjun appears to have been bumped up to main cast by default!

We're not really supposed to know who Starjun/Toriko's father is, right?

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Thier father is Froese

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Komatsu is totally going to be the kid, I think. Wasn't the food demon that was guiding him in the Moon's stomach the same one Frohze had when s/he used God cooking to save Midora?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
komatsu wasn't born with gourmet cells. the result of a centuries long corpse pregnancy sustained by magic water is absolutely gonna have gourmet cells.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Batmasterson posted:

Komatsu is totally going to be the kid, I think. Wasn't the food demon that was guiding him in the Moon's stomach the same one Frohze had when s/he used God cooking to save Midora?

Nothing says the same food demon can't go to more the one person, (maybe not at the same time but if one fails it can keep trying, unless eaten by neo, in fact doesn't don slime do exactly this?)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
food demons aren't hereditary, but they can appear again when the previous owner is dead. komatsu having frohze's food demon just means he is a really good cook.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Toriko 385

Manly tears.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
This chapter: :yeah:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
huh, a character who isn't absolutely dedicated to food. and here i thought they would never top the strangeness of pair.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Also this was a great burn

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Midora is surprisingly fatalistic and accepting of the fact that his mother figure is dead at this point.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Did someone say...

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Kuros posted:

Did someone say...

Joie got gourmet hosed :fry:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

huh, a character who isn't absolutely dedicated to food. and here i thought they would never top the strangeness of pair.

Is it strange that this suddenly became my favorite full course because of how utterly unique it is? It's really the courses where I've seen the person develop a connection to the ingredient(s) that stand out in this series. The rest just further reinforce a character's theme but Midora's is in the former camp.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I fuckin' love Midora so much you guys.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Midora is a such a sensitive guy, I love it.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
so midora's story is that he got depressed and developed an eating disorder after his mom died

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

This chapter hits me right in muh feels!! :cry:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Midora. :unsmith:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The wacky food manga getting you right in the feels is just never expected.

Also Midora owns.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Law Cheetah posted:

so midora's story is that he got depressed and developed an eating disorder after his mom died

Lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Law Cheetah posted:

The solution to an eating disorder is eating as komatsu proved

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Why do all the nice females go for assholes like Acacia :argh:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Gives some more context to Midora joining Komatsu's muscle harem way back at the end of human world, too

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I love Toriko (the manga, not the character. Tho he's okay too.)

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
My farts are 100x times more powerful than the opponents here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

My farts are 100x times more powerful than the opponents here.

Foreshadowing on how Zonge will save the day...?

• Locked thread