Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

have a good day dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Kaedric posted:

The heyday of this forum was goons posting actual sick burns against each other and it was glorious. What we have now is but a pale shadow, where someone posting 'lol you care about a topic' is about as heady as it gets.

Yeah? Well, you're funny-lookin'!

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Kaedric posted:

The heyday of this forum was goons posting actual sick burns against each other and it was glorious. What we have now is but a pale shadow, where someone posting 'lol you care about a topic' is about as heady as it gets.

is your mum alive

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Maybe if we drown all the meanie head posters in salty baby tears that will make SA great again

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Maybe if we drown all the meanie head posters in salty baby tears that will make SA great again

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
This arguing is making me lose my horny, anyone wanna cyber? :bigtran:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Triggered posted:

not the salty fluid I was looking to drown in today

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I've been with SA for five years and it is easily the best site I know of. Even now, with GBS at its lowest point in years, it is still magnitudes better than any other site I have seen.

I do miss the better days of GBS back in 2012 or whatever when threads required a minimum level of effort. I still retain the good posting habits that I learned from back then. My posts are now only slightly garbage.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

The Skeleton King posted:

I've been with SA for five years and it is easily the best site I know of. Even now, with GBS at its lowest point in years, it is still magnitudes better than any other site I have seen.

I do miss the better days of GBS back in 2012 or whatever when threads required a minimum level of effort. I still retain the good posting habits that I learned from back then. My posts are now only slightly garbage.

Sorry but I believe you mean the worst days of RSS News Feed GBS when every thread was full of [citation needed] effort posts and moral outrage at anyone trying to make jokes.

It's only now starting to get good again.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Smythe one of the forums events should be that for 24 hours every thread title must be a game of thrones spoiler.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Applewhite posted:

Smythe one of the forums events should be that for 24 hours every thread title must be a game of thrones spoiler.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Make it 24 hours of every thread title must be a spoiler for a currently ongoing show

Yams Megathread V3: CHRISTIAN SLATER IS A FIGMENT OF ELIOT'S IMAGINATION

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Make it 24 hours of every thread title must be a spoiler for a currently ongoing show

YOU SON OF A BITCH MOTHERFUCKING WHORE!!!!!!!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Get caught up, Eliot was working with the dark army on 5/9 2.0 and didn't know it. The grid is going down.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
has season 2 started yet I really enjoyed Mr robot

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Triggered posted:

Yes

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

syscall girl posted:

Get caught up, Eliot was working with the dark army on 5/9 2.0 and didn't know it. The grid is going down.

I actually haven't watched past the first 4 or 5 episodes of the first season and so I am very angry about theses spoilers and also confused because I don't know what half of it means

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Sorry but I believe you mean the worst days of RSS News Feed GBS when every thread was full of [citation needed] effort posts and moral outrage at anyone trying to make jokes.

I agree that it was a bit too formal. The good parts that I remember was people would have to do more than say "same" or "lmao" if they posted, and the OP needed more than five words to start a thread.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

I agree that it was a bit too formal. The good parts that I remember was people would have to do more than say "same" or "lmao" if they posted, and the OP needed more than five words to start a thread.

:shrug: it's possible to have good times in that environment, i would just get lectured on apartheid for making an ebola joke or something and unironically called "Classless" and lectured on the wage gap because a thread about women fighting was "glorifying violence against women"

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

I just ignored those people.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

I think a lot of people have forgotten or are conveniently ignoring that a spoiler was in the name of a forum. You would have had to ignore the forums entirely to miss that one, because it was visible on the forums index. That goes a step further than a GBS thread that had a new title every week or being upset that a Game of Thrones thread had *gasp* untagged spoilers.

usercp.php is my primary forums browsing interface

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Poetic Justice posted:

usercp.php is my primary forums browsing interface

Mine too, but the iOS app defaults to the forum index.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Mierenneuker posted:

Mine too, but the iOS app defaults to the forum index.

on android if you just pull to the right from that screen it's bookmarks

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Fat Shat Sings posted:

so what account were you previously permabanned under?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
don't regdate shame

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

My family has always had perma banned accounts, my father had one, I have one, my sister has a perma banned account too.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Fat Shat Sings posted:

don't regdate shame

Regdate shaming is an SA tradition

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Lowtax posted:

It's pretty cool because people would constantly tell me SA was successful despite me, not because of me, and so I distanced myself from it and here we are. There's no sense of "community" anymore, there's no sense of pride anymore, and it makes me kinda sad because in the first few years of its creation, people would make friends, show effort, and actually be proud the content on these forums they created was the best out there. Now effort is viewed as a bad thing, saying anything positive about the forums is a bad thing, being associated with other goons is a bad thing, etc etc.

I dunno, maybe its because this site is approaching its 17th anniversary and communities aren't designed or able to last that long on the internet, and the "newness / difference" feeling has faded away long ago, but drastic changes are going to be made around here to try to bring some sense of this all back.

i have waited for the return of our god emperor and here he is again in the digital flesh

god bless you lowtax

MSAGA

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

It's pretty cool because people would constantly tell me SA was successful despite me, not because of me, and so I distanced myself from it and here we are. There's no sense of "community" anymore, there's no sense of pride anymore, and it makes me kinda sad because in the first few years of its creation, people would make friends, show effort, and actually be proud the content on these forums they created was the best out there. Now effort is viewed as a bad thing, saying anything positive about the forums is a bad thing, being associated with other goons is a bad thing, etc etc.

I dunno, maybe its because this site is approaching its 17th anniversary and communities aren't designed or able to last that long on the internet, and the "newness / difference" feeling has faded away long ago, but drastic changes are going to be made around here to try to bring some sense of this all back.

wowsers. I think you are funny and are the reason I came here. not that anyone gives a poo poo but let it ride and see what happens

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

I have the right to have a massive putrid oval office.

LMAO!!

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Smythe posted:

Regdate shaming was good when new people were creating accounts. When was the last time that happened. 4 years ago, 5?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
hmm i've stuck with SA since 1999 and im not going anywhere

the internet would be a wasteland without it

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Top City Homo posted:

ya its good. people need to calm the f down

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Top City Homo posted:

you are old man

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

If you can express yourself in a concise manner, that's good.

Ideas don't become more valuable just because you wrap them in five paragraphs of drivel.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Putty posted:

you are old man

and gay as gently caress

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
qcs regular

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Triggered posted:

Regdate shaming was good when new people were creating accounts. When was the last time that happened. 4 years ago, 5?

2, by my count :smug:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Smythe posted:

:regd03:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Fat Shat Sings posted:

you can look back at the kind of content SA was making ten years ago by looking at photoshop phriday and the comedy goldmine columns

The site wasn't really constantly flirting with moral outrage most of the time, it was making motivational posters for super villains or photoshopping abnormal animals - that's it. I'm pretty sure that kind of content wouldn't bother even the most Ess of today's Jay Double Us. Sure there was the odd submission did something like change the title of a cowboy comic with a woman being carried off on its cover to drat Indians stole our pussy but that was a minority. A while back there was was a nostalgia thread on GBS and I put up some olde SA pics of the kind of that wouldn't get posted anymore and nobody found them funny ten years later. Maybe it's okay to be critiqued if the user base's tastes have changed.

• Locked thread