Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

RCarr posted:

There's a rate your team thread, but since you already posted this here I'll comment.

You have the top rated QB in the league. There was no reason for you to draft another QB. That roster spot should be used on RB/WR depth. In your case, running back depth. After going WR/WR, you should have focused more on bolstering RB depth instead of the multiple WR's you took in the middle rounds. Overall the team is solid. I especially like being able to roll out Green and Robinson every week. Focus on getting some solid RB backups. Maybe package Winston and a WR in a deal for one.

On another note, this Charles news sucks. He better return to form soon or my 2nd round pick is going to look real bad.

There was just no RB I was thrilled to take when I grabbed Winston...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

There was just no RB I was thrilled to take when I grabbed Winston...

Understandable, but Winston is basically a wasted roster spot now. You will never start him over Cam in any circumstance (barring an injury to Cam obviously). So basically you are down a bench spot an entire year just so you can plug Winston in on Cam's bye week. You'd get a ton more value having any RB/WR lottery ticket in that slot, rather than the extra 5 points or so Winston will get compared to whatever waiver wire QB you could have streamed on Cam's bye week.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Understandable, but Winston is basically a wasted roster spot now. You will never start him over Cam in any circumstance (barring an injury to Cam obviously). So basically you are down a bench spot an entire year just so you can plug Winston in on Cam's bye week. You'd get a ton more value having any RB/WR lottery ticket in that slot, rather than the extra 5 points or so Winston will get compared to whatever waiver wire QB you could have streamed on Cam's bye week.

Yeah I would just drop Jameis and pick up any of the RB fliers mentioned in the last few posts.

E: With the news that ASJ is a huge dummy is it worth dropping him for Vance McBrickhands? .5 ppr dynasty.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 1, 2016

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

On the one hand Charles was my second round pick in both my leagues, but on the other I also have Ware in both of them so maybe i should be wholly unconcerned and just play the guessing game of "who's kc's started this week"

or maybe i can just bundle them and ship them off to some RB needy person for some kickass wr

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

winvirus posted:

On the one hand Charles was my second round pick in both my leagues, but on the other I also have Ware in both of them so maybe i should be wholly unconcerned and just play the guessing game of "who's kc's started this week"

or maybe i can just bundle them and ship them off to some RB needy person for some kickass wr

You say this and then West will steal everything.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Well poo poo, I'm a Charles owner and I'm probably going to be in the woods beginning Friday afternoon, so I'll need to set my team before I leave.

Who the hell should I start between:

Charles, Blount, Foster, Ware, Forsett?

EDIT: Whoops, I totally thought the season started this week, not next week. Looks like I can chill out for a bit and see how the situation develops.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 1, 2016

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
How of much of this Charles talk is just coach speak?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Green Gloves posted:

How of much of this Charles talk is just coach speak?

:pray: all of it :pray:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I was really debating dropping Sterling Shepard for Ware but my decision was made for me someone swooped him ahead of me.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Is Charcandrick West worth picking up with dropping Agholor?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tophet posted:

I'm kind of an idiot with these things, but on beersheets I don't really get what it means when somethings underlined or lined through.

This got glossed over but I'm curious as well.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

OxySnake posted:

Is Charcandrick West worth picking up with dropping Agholor?

West is 3rd in the KC RB pecking order, so I wouldn't be in a rush to pick him up. That said, I wouldn't want Agholor anywhere near my roster.

Who else is available on waivers?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

This got glossed over but I'm curious as well.

The explanation is in the Notes section on the sheet.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
A second kicker is preferable to Agholor.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I wouldn't go that far but as an Eagles fan I'd want the following players for fantasy: Mathews, Matthews, Ertz, DGB, Bradford as a backup, nobody else, but in order after that:

...then our kicker

....then huff

....then agholor

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

West is 3rd in the KC RB pecking order, so I wouldn't be in a rush to pick him up. That said, I wouldn't want Agholor anywhere near my roster.

Who else is available on waivers?

Its pretty bare. Top names on the flex are Coates, DGB, Paul Perkins, C West, Terrelle Pryor, Davante Adams.

Its a 14 team league with big benches.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

OxySnake posted:

Its pretty bare. Top names on the flex are Coates, DGB, Paul Perkins, C West, Terrelle Pryor, Davante Adams.

Its a 14 team league with big benches.

I'd take any of those first three over West. Probably Pryor too, if I wanted to maximally buy into preseason hype.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Hand Row posted:

The explanation is in the Notes section on the sheet.

To dumb it down

Strike through means they're being drafted too early.
Underline means they're drafted too late.
Double underline means they're drafted way too late.
Relative to fantasy pros rank.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Spiros posted:

Ertz, DGB, Bradford

I want to be in your league

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I want to be in your league

You'd lose.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Can we discuss who to draft late when planning to stream QB or DST (TE also I guess)? This is something it's hard to find takes on, and I don't pay enough attention to know matchups going into week 1. If a good season-long option falls I'll take it but I need my emergency streaming picks.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Can we discuss who to draft late when planning to stream QB or DST (TE also I guess)? This is something it's hard to find takes on, and I don't pay enough attention to know matchups going into week 1. If a good season-long option falls I'll take it but I need my emergency streaming picks.

How about Stafford? @indy and Titans first 2 weeks seems alright but he might have been drafted

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

axelord posted:

How about Stafford? @indy and Titans first 2 weeks seems alright but he might have been drafted

Derek Carr is playing NO week 1. Id stream against that defense every week if I could.

Edit: Also check out yhe fantasyfootballers podcast. They usually do a show where they list 3ish QBs to stream that week if thats your strategy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Matty Snapbacks is in fact the correct answer. He's a mid-QB2 by ADP so he may be around.

Also he's gonna be a QB1 #comeatme

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

OxySnake posted:

Edit: Also check out yhe fantasyfootballers podcast. They usually do a show where they list 3ish QBs to stream that week if thats your strategy.

I'm still catching up. Did they do this for week 1 already? Lots of people give streaming picks in-season, it just seems that week 1 is often overlooked. Granted, it's harder to predict, but in general I think early season strength of schedule could be taken into account more when drafting. If I had the time to really pore over my own rankings, I'd bump up someone at any position who may be a likely sell high candidate in say week 4.

I like the Carr suggestion. Stafford too.

Defense picks are a little easier since as a relatively casual fantasy player I have a better sense of opposing offenses than I do of opposing defenses. Targetting CLE and SF makes the most sense, and they play PHI and LA first, respectively. So I'm putting them on my watch list.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Going into my 2nd ever IDP draft tonight. Any guides or something I can read?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What are your settings? IDP varies so wildly that it's hard to say without knowing.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SurgicalOntologist posted:

If you want something longer term, fantasy pros has a really nice QB by committee tool: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/qb-by-committee.php . Not streaming each week exactly, but you can check out targets for different stretches of the season easily that way, and plan out who you might keep for a few weeks and when.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Which pair would you rather have: A.Jeffery+M.Ingram or B.Marshall+L.Miller

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

dat one portagee posted:

Which pair would you rather have: A.Jeffery+M.Ingram or B.Marshall+L.Miller

Marshall/Miller easily.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Spoeank posted:

What are your settings? IDP varies so wildly that it's hard to say without knowing.

It's the goon IDP league.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787157&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post463370363

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Marshall/Miller easily.

This.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Marshall/Miller easily.

double this

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah, that'll be a pretty unanimous opinion

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

OxySnake posted:

Derek Carr is playing NO week 1. Id stream against that defense every week if I could.

The Living The Stream podcast also owns for this. They present streaming options for QB, TE, and DST every week. Usually goes up like Tuesday night so you have time to make a waiver claim.

The hosts are goofy as hell and do a LOT of bullshitting, which I know annoys some people. But I just listen to it on 1.25x speed and laugh my rear end off at them.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
I know the very basics about football and practically nothing about fantasy. I'm joining a local league with a friend and they're doing their draft tomorrow at a local sports bar. I read the OP and it's a little overwhelming: is there anything I absolutely need to know before I show up tomorrow and start drafting?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

terre packet posted:

I know the very basics about football and practically nothing about fantasy. I'm joining a local league with a friend and they're doing their draft tomorrow at a local sports bar. I read the OP and it's a little overwhelming: is there anything I absolutely need to know before I show up tomorrow and start drafting?

You should know your leagues scoring settings and starting roster positions and how many bench slots. Let us know that and we can help with draft strategy. How many teams are there and what position do you draft?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

terre packet posted:

Draft your defense in the 2nd to last round and your kicker in the last round
Know whether you have PPR or not, a 4th round player can be a 6th round player in standard (and vice versa)
Know whether passing TDs are worth 4 or 6 points, that makes a big difference as to when you should select a QB.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Welcome to the unbelievably exciting world of fantasy. For me, it helps to have printed rankings for each position from a site like ESPN, cbssportsline, or NFL.com (make sure you find out if your league is ppr or not and get the corresponding lists.) Remember that rbs get injured, so you'll want to get 1-2 rb bench slots filled before you get a kicker, defense, tight end, and qb(provided your league only has one starting qb slot.)

As was said before; if you give us your league scoring settings and positions we can really tailor a super simple plan for you.

The rest is pretty optional, and the rabbit hole is infinitely deep.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

I went defense last and I ended up with the Bills and Lions lol

My league is retarded and we must keep 2 D/ST at all times. Ended up with a bench of Corey Coleman, Derrick Henry, Tannehill, & Tyler Eifert.

• Locked thread