Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The dude reported that he'd been the victim of a crime so they had to investigate.

You have to admit that the story "Three men attacked me and shot me in the dick with bear spray. No they didn't spray it in my face. No they didn't take my wallet. No I can't describe them" is pretty suss.

It's up there with "I was just minding my own business on a street corner at 2AM and some guys pulled up in a car and beat the hell out of me for no reason!"

C.M. Kruger has a new favorite as of 16:50 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

C.M. Kruger posted:

It's up there with "I was just minding my own business on a street corner at 2AM and some guys pulled up in a car and beat the hell out of me for no reason!"

To be fair people sometimes are attacked seemingly for no reason, often because they've been mistaken for a rival gang member or something. I know somone who was shot and killed on a street corner at night by some guys who pulled up in a car, because of that.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

C.M. Kruger posted:

Obviously I'm taking over a Pokemon Go gym while standing on a street corner at 2 AM. It is awfully rude of you to imply that I have criminal intentions or ties to Team Rocket!

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

C.M. Kruger posted:

This wasn't as funny as I thought it'd be. Behold the deer magician anyway!

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A woman pulls her car in front of a garbage truck and then LOSES HER poo poo because the garbage truck hit her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUsJ6BRJPrc

I think she chased after the truck and pulled in front of it to stop it because he didn't pick up all her trash? He was contracted to pick up four bags but she put five out so he left one.
If anyone hasn't clicked this or didn't make it far into it skip to 3:46 for the lady acting like a chicken. :eyepop:

Good god there are some crazy fuckers out there.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Parts Kit posted:

If anyone hasn't clicked this or didn't make it far into it skip to 3:46 for the lady acting like a chicken. :eyepop:

And she has a license and used her car to drive in front of the truck causing it to crash into her. People like that are legitimately deadly... Over garbage? Unreal.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Parts Kit posted:

I was loving this video when she was just screaming about how he should have magically known she had an "emergency" when she pulled out in front of him and that he should have left enough space for people randomly pulling out in front of his truck because of said "emergencies" and should have tried harder to stop. Then she started doing a chicken impression in the middle of the road and it got even better.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Serious blue balls not seeing how it turned out though.

The thing is, she's probably closer to "sane" than a lot of people out there who are otherwise harmless. She was picking up on all the things he tried to say and incorporating them into her "arguments" later, like when she told him first that he hadn't followed her simple instructions to take the bags; he protested that he was only contracted to take four bags, and after a few tangents she came back around to tell him that he should have taken the fifth and charged for one extra. Backtracking, carefully framed as "Just common sense"

The thing that hits me about it isn't that she comes off as "crazy" to me, but rather that she is such a vindictive and petty person that it's the highlight of her month to be able to stick it to a garbage man and make him lose his wonderful cushy job.

The chicken impression, she thinks he's terrified that she's got him dead to rights.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Parts Kit posted:

Thank you for that.

e: She sounds like Larry The Cable Guy's crazy sister.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Data Graham posted:

Serious blue balls not seeing how it turned out though.

The thing is, she's probably closer to "sane" than a lot of people out there who are otherwise harmless. She was picking up on all the things he tried to say and incorporating them into her "arguments" later, like when she told him first that he hadn't followed her simple instructions to take the bags; he protested that he was only contracted to take four bags, and after a few tangents she came back around to tell him that he should have taken the fifth and charged for one extra. Backtracking, carefully framed as "Just common sense"

The thing that hits me about it isn't that she comes off as "crazy" to me, but rather that she is such a vindictive and petty person that it's the highlight of her month to be able to stick it to a garbage man and make him lose his wonderful cushy job.

The chicken impression, she thinks he's terrified that she's got him dead to rights.

gently caress you, got mine, with a blatant disregard for anyone but herself.

gently caress that person. Garbage man shouldn't have stopped at all.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Rah! posted:

To be fair people sometimes are attacked seemingly for no reason, often because they've been mistaken for a rival gang member or something. I knew somone who was shot and killed on a street corner at night by some guys who pulled up in a car, because of that.

ftfy

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

To the person suggesting that this might be an attempt at a viral video, I'm glad to hear that you don't think that people can get angry enough to do poo poo like this. There's a certain kind of person that, when they get angry, will do and say the most bizarre poo poo. It's funny if you're a bystander, but if it's directed at you, it can be really unnerving and scary, because you're literally watching someone slowly lose contact with reality and you just don't know what they're going to do. If that video had ended with her grabbing a tire iron and smashing up the truck or attempting to go after the driver, I would not have been surprised in the least.

To illustrate, I'll share my story of funny (in hindsight anyways) story of someone getting apocalyptically angry.

In another life, I worked at an electronics retailer where I witnessed a guy descend into that kind of incoherent rage, just because my boss wouldn't give him a brand new cell phone to use while his was being shipped back from repair. It would be arriving in 2-3 days, and this was long enough ago that once something shipped out, it wasn't possible to upgrade the shipping to get it back faster. So, he wanted us to open up a new phone, activate it on his account, and give it to him to use until his came back in. Oh, and the repair on the phone was because the guy broke it, not because of a defect.

In his mind, I'm sure what he was asking was reasonable, but when my boss said he couldn't just give him a phone, he kept repeating the same demand, then yelling the same demand, then yelling insults (cocksucker was his favorite), then inviting my boss to suck his cock, then demanding my boss suck his cock, then yelling incoherently, before finally grabbing some signage sitting nearby, winging it at my boss, and storming out yelling at the top of his lungs.

While all this was happening, I was standing next to my boss, facing the guy, hoping that my presence would help dissuade the guy from taking a swing, and the most disturbing part of the whole thing was the silver dollar-sized scar on the guy's forehead and the accompanying crater in his skull. He'd clearly gotten hit hard enough at some point in the past that his forehead had a permanent divot in it, and now he's gone from ordinary annoyed customer to psychotically angry over the course of a few short minutes.

But the craziest part happened a day later, when he came back into the store with his mother, as if nothing had happened the day before. Fortunately, he left of his own accord before my manager or my brain could process that he was back, after which my manager explained to his mother what had happened and that he was banned from the store. Over the course of the conversation, her face went from "oh God, what's he done now?" to "oh God, not again."

After everything calmed down, my boss and I could laugh about it, mostly over his repeated use of "cocksucker" as an insult, combined with the repeated suggestions to fellate him, which occasionally included some rather funny gesticulating towards his crotch.

I think most people who work a job that brings them into routine contact with the public, and who can do things that make said public angry, have a story or two about people getting that angry.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Youtube has some new rule or something where you cant get money if your content has cussing or lewd stuff , I think. Now I keep seeing thumbnails with sad "woe is me" faces. Its fuckin hilarious.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Yeah man, cars are totally mysterious and unpredictable. That's why NASCAR drivers can race side by side in a corner at nearly 200 miles an hour. That's why formula one drivers can take hairpins a insane speeds. That's why WRC drivers can do 80mph sideways through the woods while hitting jumps. That's why NHRA dragsters can hit like 300mph in a quarter mile. Cars: totally and completely incomprehensible mysteries. That accident was totally and completely avoidable, and 100% caused by that driver making terrible decisions followed by not knowing how to actually handle his vehicle in an emergency.

The schadenfruede is that so many people drive a car every loving day without having any loving idea what to do in an emergency, while constantly patting themselves on the back for being ~good drivers~.

To be fair Slugnoid could be a woman driver.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Azathoth posted:

After everything calmed down, my boss and I could laugh about it, mostly over his repeated use of "cocksucker" as an insult, combined with the repeated suggestions to fellate him, which occasionally included some rather funny gesticulating towards his crotch.

Perhaps your boss should stop being a fuckman.

Barry Bluejorts
Jun 30, 2013

Now please touch your finger to the tip of your nose.
Pillbug

Hihohe posted:

Youtube has some new rule or something where you cant get money if your content has cussing or lewd stuff , I think. Now I keep seeing thumbnails with sad "woe is me" faces. Its fuckin hilarious.

I can't wait for the tears from all those "GONE SEXUAL" channels.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Your Gay Uncle posted:

To be fair Slugnoid could be a woman driver.

I was fiddling with the radio. I'm a proud terrible driver

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Hihohe posted:

Apparently the actual rules have not changed, but YouTube just clarified why some videos can be flagged and have monetization removed. So extra schadenfreude that nothing has actually changed and everyone is flipping their poo poo about it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jippa posted:

Some one needs to make a gif of her doing the chicken impression and rolling around on the verge. It's like a comedy skit.

Hihohe posted:

Well to be fair that's extremely stupid and lovely if true.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

nerdz posted:

Perhaps your boss should stop being a fuckman.
The escalation from normal conversation to invitations of fellatio was eerily familiar, though my boss simply chose not to engage the crazy person while they were in the grip of madness, unlike that judge. That said, it's funny to look back and think how little difference it would likely have made if he had. Once that guy's fuse was lit, the only question was how long it was gonna take for him to blow up, just like with that idiot woman who got herself hit by the dump truck.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah, that fat guy that everybody loves has a video trying to help people to not kill themselves and the tags have "suicide" and "how to kill self" and they are blocking revenue only because of tags that youtube deems not "family friendly".

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?

mobby_6kl posted:

On the one hand, watching people whine about losing their youtube income (GASP they might have to get an actual job) is hilarious. Otoh the rules are pretty fuckin' stupid. I can kinda (I guess) see why youtube wants to try to keep it pg-ish, since there's no age gating or anything attached to accounts, but when being a news channel making a report about a real world event can get your channel hosed, it's pretty dumb.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

dirksteadfast posted:

Apparently the actual rules have not changed, but YouTube just clarified why some videos can be flagged and have monetization removed. So extra schadenfreude that nothing has actually changed and everyone is flipping their poo poo about it.

Some channels are getting a bunch of their videos flagged for it now and some are not. It's being enforced much more strictly now but also very randomly. It has been ramping up to this for about a year.

Lots of youtuber "oh god all my videos are un-monteized for no reason" schadenfreude videos have been showing up in the past few months. Now they know why.

It's weird that Youtube just didn't tell them why they were having their videos un-monetized until just now.

Space Skeleton has a new favorite as of 23:43 on Sep 1, 2016

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

grumplestiltzkin posted:

On the one hand, watching people whine about losing their youtube income (GASP they might have to get an actual job) is hilarious. Otoh the rules are pretty fuckin' stupid. I can kinda (I guess) see why youtube wants to try to keep it pg-ish, since there's no age gating or anything attached to accounts, but when being a news channel making a report about a real world event can get your channel hosed, it's pretty dumb.

So do they lose the monetization for the whole channel or just the "naughty" videos? Cause if it's just for the video with the tag/content I can see it being annoying but not devastating, but if you're losing everything just because of one video that is stupid.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Google is just a loving terrible company all around.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

FCKGW posted:

Apple paid exactly the taxes Ireland asked for. EU is saying no, you need to pay more now because we said so. That's not fair. Maybe Ireland should be getting punished here if they're not "playing fair" or whatever bs that means.

The EU has a hard-on for Apple and Google and loves to slap them with nonsense fines and penalties for bullshit offenses that don't mean poo poo. Like browser cookies, for Christsakes.

Ireland joined EU voluntarily. EU imposes the requirement for a fair tax rate in all countries, in return for access to the single market. This doesn't mean the same tax rate in all countries; it means that whatever the tax rate is, you cannot give preferential treatment to a company compared to other companies.

If Ireland asked 0.005% tax of all companies, EU wouldn't do anything. However, they normally tax 12%. EU enforced this normal tax rate because if you allow for preferential treatment of select companies, you create an environment for corruption (under the table deals) and ultimately favor monopolies and big companies, which could significantly impact trade in both Ireland and EU. But please, explain how this is a) analogous to browser cookies and b) bad.

dex_sda has a new favorite as of 23:56 on Sep 1, 2016

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Shocker that advertisers do not want anything to do with #rape and #killurself. Yeah I know the context is different but advertisers don't give a poo poo about your dumb YouTube channel and it is much easier to just drop your poo poo than to waste time sitting through your screamy let's play to verify otherwise.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

dex_sda posted:

Ireland joined EU voluntarily. EU imposes the requirement for a fair tax rate in all countries, in return for access to the single market. This doesn't mean the same tax rate in all countries; it means that whatever the tax rate is, you cannot give preferential treatment to a company compared to other companies.

If Ireland asked 0.005% tax of all companies, EU wouldn't do anything. However, they normally tax 12%. EU enforced this normal tax rate because if you allow for preferential treatment of select companies, you create an environment for corruption (under the table deals) and ultimately favor monopolies and big companies, which could significantly impact trade in both Ireland and EU. But please, explain how this is a) analogous to browser cookies and b) bad.

a) EU is dumb as poo poo as shown and b) see a.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I....I think this is the right place for this.

https://www.instagram.com/erikgarciabat

Just fuckin click it

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

grumplestiltzkin posted:

You don't get your channel hosed, you just can't profit from running ads on tragedies and harassment.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Apparently there are still ads playing on these videos it's just that now the uploader doesn't get paid for it.

FCKGW posted:

You don't get your channel hosed, you just can't profit from running ads on tragedies and harassment.

Or videos talking about current events, or videos about acne!

https://twitter.com/melaniietweets/status/771126989231099904

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Data Graham posted:

So is this the most Canadian name on earth or what

There are several Wrigglesworths in the police forces around Lansing, MI (including a police chief), so sort of Canadian? I guess the family is more far-reaching than I knew!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

codo27 posted:

Just fuckin click it

Idgi, are you shilling for a lovely instagram account with 11 views?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Outrail posted:

Idgi, are you shilling for a lovely instagram account with 11 views?

Look at the pictures of him with women. Look at them.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

codo27 posted:

Just fuckin click it

Memento posted:

Look at the pictures of him with women. Look at them.

Did you just find the next mass shooter because holy poo poo

e:
One of him walking near the ocean, fedora being sported with vengence.

ee:
:stare:
Then there is one him kissing a photoshop girl.

Professor of Cats has a new favorite as of 01:28 on Sep 2, 2016

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Am I the only one who thinks the chicken dance lady sounds and acts like an angry Gene Hackman with an accent?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Professor of Cats posted:

:stare:
Then there is one him kissing a photoshop girl.

Pfft, that is nothing. I once had to archive a guys laptop after he was fired. We found so much porn on his machine I had to have the HR girl sit next to me and go through it all. We found so many photos of porn stars that he had photoshopped his female facebook friend's faces onto. A few he would photoshop his face onto the male porn star. There were literally hundreds of them, in every folder and directory. The worst was when the HR girl said "hold on, that one!" and it turned out to be her roommate.

Surprisingly he wasn't fired for the porn but for moonlighting.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I don't get why this is stupid. Youtube probably doesn't want to screw their advertisers by making them run ads on something about gang rape or teen suicide, and it's not like they can watch every video posted to YouTube to make sure they filter out the graphic poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

belt posted:

I don't get why this is stupid. Youtube probably doesn't want to screw their advertisers by making them run ads on something about gang rape or teen suicide, and it's not like they can watch every video posted to YouTube to make sure they filter out the graphic poo poo.

They just run an algorithm on all videos and apparently a bunch of stuff gets dragged down with it, like makeup videos, and the aforementioned stuff about mental health. It'll probably work itself out, like all the other times youtube was doomed