Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ok, I'm fairly new to trolls, but not the game. I've made it full circle through all of the factions (other than cryx) and I was wondering why the Krielstone appeals to troll players. It reminds me of an extremely high maintenance girlfriend. She constantly needs attention, frequently demanding resources you don't have and gives you very little in return. Sure, removing incorporeal is nice, but you can take a sorcerer and save 6 points. Sure, removing steal is nice, but how many of your lists rely on non-spray shooting anyways? Oh you need to be in two zones? Well...I'm busy over here looking at new shoes, so I'll armor and str buff the things that are close enough, but the rest of you are on your own.

Recently I've been comparing them to the runeshapers to them a lot latetly and what they bring to the table for the points. I've found that 9 out of 10 times the runeshapers are earning their points in ways the krielstone isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So I usually don't get upset over a loss but I had one recently rub me the wrong way. I lost to a dude who was pretty smug about his Menoth list which I believed was this:

Protectorate of Menoth - New Army

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Malekus, the Burning Truth - WJ: +30
- Scourge of Heresy - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Repenter - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Reckoner - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 6)
- Guardian - PC: 15
- Castigator - PC: 12
- Hand of Judgment - PC: 18

Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios - PC: 7
Wrack - PC: 1
Wrack - PC: 1
Vassal Mechanik - PC: 1
Vassal Mechanik - PC: 1
Reclaimer Gatekeeper - PC: 3

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 5 Grunts:

My list was a Makeda 3 list which I had to modify because I forgot to bring some models.

Skorne - terrible Karn without Karax

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Makeda & the Exalted Court - WB: +24
- Makeda & the Exalted Court (Cont.)
- Agonizer - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Molik Karn - PC: 20 (Battlegroup Points Used: 17)
- Titan Gladiator - PC: 14
- Titan Sentry - PC: 15
- Basilisk Drake - PC: 8
- Cyclops Brute - PC: 8

Void Spirit - PC: 4
Mortitheurge Willbreaker - PC: 4
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor - PC: 4

Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7
Legends of Halaak - Valgesh, CIdaar & J'Deth: 8

Why did you build/take your list
I am a huuuge Naaresh fanboy. I love him, I think he's one of the best Skorne warlocks currently in Mk3. However, I need a second warlock to get practice with. My last outing with X2 went really really poorly, and I don't have a second extoller advocate to run a zaal2 list I want yet. Been thinking battle cats with Mak2 as well, but I still need to pin a few riders. I could do Morg2, but I miss chain gang and wish I hadn't messed up his paint job. Lastly I have always loved Mak3, I won a small point tourney with her and wanted to murder everything. I also wanted to try to find a way to get Karn on the table. Hadn't reached for him once in Mk3. I think with a little skew a Mak3/Naaresh pairing could work.

What Happened?
I got assassinated bottom of two for multiple reasons. The most important is that I owned myself. After hearing him talk nonstop about how his list was a take all comers list, I knew my list that I had brought out for the night would wreck his. So much so that I forgot to play smart. Instead of keeping safeguard on Mak3, I was more worried about making sure I was gonna be able to wreck most of his army turn 3 and I was worried about fury while trying to run everything and have paingivers close enough to medicate and enrage. I spaced my exaulted court poorly to make sure my agonizer had an extra shield guard near him. I didn't premeasure to make sure Eiryiss couldn't come in to take away my fury or snipe my void spirit.

Why did this happen
Multiple problems here. Playing on auto pilot meant that my shield guards only needed to protect Makeda against Eiryiss1. 90% of his other ranged attacks were sprays. Sheild guard didnt matter. Having solos instead of Karax meant no screeners so his arc node could get in wherever. Still wouldn't have been a problem if I had space better. I didn't make sure Eiyriss needed to do shenaningans to get a clean shot at Makeda or keep the Exhaulted court far enough away from Makeda to make an easy target for Malkeus's knockdown spell.

So when dude saw I had given him the game he rightfully took the assassination attempt and won because I played the worst game I have played in months, all because I was envisioning wrecking everything instead of playing each turn not on autopilot. In no way am I saying he didn't deserve to win. He out played me fair and square and was smart with how he came up with his plan tp assassinate. I am just :argh: because I know in my heart I had a better list and blew it by being careless and overconfident.

What would you do differently?
Remember to bring at least one 10 man unit of infantry. Also better spacing and respect for Eiyriss's threat range. Possibly a Razor worm instead of a drake. Maybe find a way to work a Cannoneer or something like a Siege Animantarax into the list to give a ranged threat.

waah fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 31, 2016

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Fyrbrand posted:

Ok, I'm fairly new to trolls, but not the game. I've made it full circle through all of the factions (other than cryx) and I was wondering why the Krielstone appeals to troll players. It reminds me of an extremely high maintenance girlfriend. She constantly needs attention, frequently demanding resources you don't have and gives you very little in return. Sure, removing incorporeal is nice, but you can take a sorcerer and save 6 points. Sure, removing steal is nice, but how many of your lists rely on non-spray shooting anyways? Oh you need to be in two zones? Well...I'm busy over here looking at new shoes, so I'll armor and str buff the things that are close enough, but the rest of you are on your own.

Recently I've been comparing them to the runeshapers to them a lot latetly and what they bring to the table for the points. I've found that 9 out of 10 times the runeshapers are earning their points in ways the krielstone isn't.

Well, the ARM buff is extremely potent, especially in the current gun meta. It helps immensely against Hunters, and puts your beast in levels where people have to really work for the kill. It also buffs stuff like Kriel Warriors to the sweet part of the dice curve; pow10 shooting now needs 8 instead of 6 to kill. Lastly, it's hard to remove with shooting. I've seen lists without it, but I always have to factor it in when playing against Trolls. And applying the buff doesn't seem too hard in non-split scenarios.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Discount games is breaking up battle boxes now, $13 for any of the casters and $17 for the rest of the battlegroup. $5 shipping. I can finally get xekaar without owning a third savage and a second raider.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Luebbi posted:

Well, the ARM buff is extremely potent, especially in the current gun meta. It helps immensely against Hunters, and puts your beast in levels where people have to really work for the kill. It also buffs stuff like Kriel Warriors to the sweet part of the dice curve; pow10 shooting now needs 8 instead of 6 to kill. Lastly, it's hard to remove with shooting. I've seen lists without it, but I always have to factor it in when playing against Trolls. And applying the buff doesn't seem too hard in non-split scenarios.

Fakeposting is a dead art apparently. :negative:

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Fyrbrand posted:

Got me :master:

Oh, and to the wurmwood player: can you explain the 16" threat on Caine2? 7 walk (maybe 10 charge if you let him) plus 5 teleport plus .5 gunfighter range, what am I missing?

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

AnElegantPeacock posted:

How loud did you cackle? Pretty loud I imagine. I'd have laughed pretty loud.

Imagine the smuggest grin in the world, and double it. He just stared at the board for a moment before saying "oh... I guess I need to rock hammer first." Then he failed to assassinate, so I cleared a path with flamebringers, killed a battlemage to proc Scourge, put 40 damage into his colossal with just Reznik himself [Purgation], and then killed him with Scourge.

Then we chilled and played SDE for a while. Good times.

Fyrbrand posted:

That's why i shitpost instead.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Alpha Phoenix posted:

That's why i shitpost instead.

Pro move imo.

My favorite part of that fakepost is the super casual misogyny dude is making GBS threads out everywhere. :pwn:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
wait fyrbrand is that an actual post from the forums

A) holy poo poo that's misogynistic

B) how the gently caress can you look at "+2 ARM +1 STR for a huge blob of your army" and not say YES PLEASE SIGN ME UP

E: For real I can't read Troll cards right, particularly beasts, because I always forget to account for the fact that Trolls can casually hand out +2 ARM and +4 STR. I've been reading about Bouncers being amazing with Ragnor because they can get up to PS 18 and ARM 21 and I was scratching my head until I realized "oh right Ragnor can give out +2 STR so that gets the goddamned thing up to +6 STR." It's ridiculous, Trolls don't have Lights, they have heavies that are waiting patiently for their buffs.

Magres fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 31, 2016

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Luebbi posted:

Got me :master:

Oh, and to the wurmwood player: can you explain the 16" threat on Caine2? 7 walk (maybe 10 charge if you let him) plus 5 teleport plus .5 gunfighter range, what am I missing?

Range 12 plus 7 speed. I was doing janky math in my head in regards to hiding Wurmwoods rear end 3 inches in a forest. I might have also been drunk when I posted.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

gannyGrabber posted:

If they stars could somehow align and get you half of the Mk2 menoth 2-player box, I'd suggest that (mostly you just want that vanquisher)

Hmm, that box seems kinda expensive and/or tougher to find now that it is out of print. Maybe I should've gotten it while it was common and cheap, oh well.

I could at least go buy a Vanquisher. I like their appearance, so that could be cool.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
If anyone is interested and wants to pay a few $ for it I am pretty sure I still have a vanquisher from a 2 player bb in its packaging.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

HJE-Cobra posted:

Hmm, that box seems kinda expensive and/or tougher to find now that it is out of print. Maybe I should've gotten it while it was common and cheap, oh well.

I could at least go buy a Vanquisher. I like their appearance, so that could be cool.

It's not too hard to find a menoth player willing to split the cost if you can get one.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Anyone have a link to that data tracker for wins and losses sp that I report all of my recent losses wins since I am undefeated in mk3

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
So, I impulse signed for a tourney on the 9/11. Probably the first time I'll play 75pts.
Now I own the following:
-Vlad1, Sorscha1&2, Kozlov, and an unpainted Strakhov
-2 Juggernauts, 1 Destroyer, 1 Decimator, 1 Spriggan, Beast 9

-A full WGDS with UA, WA and Joe
-A full IFP unit with the Kovnik solo and UA
-A full unit of Steelheads Halberdiers and Verendrye
-2 Kayazi Eliminators units
-6 Nyss Hunters painted, 4 still in pieces
-An unopened box of Assault Commandos
-Widowmakers
-1 Greylord Ternion

-Malakov 1
-Valachev
-Widowmaker Marksman
-Yuri and 1 Manhunter
-Kell Bailoch
-Eyriss1
-Ayana and Holt
-Harlan Versh
-Sylys Wyshnalyrr
-War Dog.

Do you guys think there is the potential for a pair of working lists there?

Iceclaw fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 1, 2016

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Ordered one of the old Mark II Menoth all in one boxes from the Czech Republic about a month ago, it finally showed up today. Goddamn it's beautiful, now I have a lot of crap to put together.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Iceclaw posted:

So, I impulse signed for a tourney on the 9/11. Probably the first time I'll play 75pts.
Now I own the following:
-Vlad1, Sorscha1&2, Kozlov, and an unpainted Strakhov
-2 Juggernauts, 1 Destroyer, 1 Decimator, 1 Spriggan, Beast 9

-A full WGDS with UA, WA and Joe
-A full IFP unit with the Kovnik solo and UA
-A full unit of Steelheads Halberdiers and Verendrye
-2 Kayazi Eliminators units
-6 Nyss Hunters painted, 4 still in pieces
-An unopened box of Assault Commandos
-Widowmakers
-1 Greylord Ternion

-Malakov 1
-Valachev
-Widowmaker Marksman
-Yuri and 1 Manhunter
-Kell Bailoch
-Eyriss1
-Ayana and Holt
-Harlan Versh
-Sylys Wyshnalyrr
-War Dog.

Do you guys think there is the potential for a pair of working lists there?

You could try something like this with Vlad1?

http://conflictchamber.com/#b31b760d0d7p8f8G8G8r8e7m7G3W8t7R7W

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points

(Vladimir 1) Vladimir Tzepesci, The Dark Prince [+28]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Destroyer [16]
- War Dog [3]
Kayazy Eliminators [5]
Kayazy Eliminators [5]
Widowmaker Marksman [4]
Widowmaker Scouts [8]
Kell Bailoch [5]
Iron Fang Pikemen (min) [9]
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios [7]
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich [4]
Winter Guard Infantry (min) [7]
- Winter Guard Rocketeer (3) [6]

Get the destroyer and the eliminators forward and use them to thin out infantry, and then use your absurd number of sniper damage (4 from widowmakers, 3 from the marksman, 3 from eiryiss, 6 from kell) to snipe systems/aspects. Rocketeers under Joe and Signs and Portents can hit pretty much anything you want (on average dice they'll be hitting def 16/17!) and pile on some nasty damage. Signs and portents can also do a bit of damage fixing so your widowmakers have a better shot against solos. End game would be to Feat and clean up their heavies with your Juggernauts and then press in on their caster with Vlad under Blood of Kings. Just cast it, advance, camp the remaining 3 focus, and there is very little in the game that can do poo poo to him while you bully their caster into a spot where you can kill 'em.

The last 9 points of iron fangs was kind of tagged on, I'll admit.

The list is a bit thin on bodies so maybe pair it with something that utilizes those iron fangs? (Kozlov).

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
(Sorscha 1) Kommander Sorscha [+29]
- Rager [11]
- Behemoth [24]
Widowmaker Scouts [8]
-Holden the last (Courage) [4]
Widowmaker Marksman [4]
Kell Bailoch [5]
Alten Ashley [5]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Winter Guard Mortar Crew [5]
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (min) [8]
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One [4]
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist [4]

This is going to be dumb, and I expect my list to collapse quickly with just the winter guard holding ground, but gently caress it.

Edit: I realize that I need reinholdt here to deal with stealth. Do I drop gorman or versh?

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 1, 2016

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Well, as I'm going to be moving in under two weeks, maybe it's for the best if I just wait and see what I can get for my Menoth army after I move. But seems like I'd want a Choir of Menoth, Hand of Judgment, and maybe a Vanquisher for using with Feora.

Guess I could just buy the new Menoth starter battlegroup too, to get a few extra 'jacks and a warcaster. Plus it'll be easy to find and inexpensive. But I should worry about moving first.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
The battle boxes now come with rules and some tokens, as well. Plus some other stuff you probably won't care as much about.
They're amazing deals, and if you don't have a Mk3 rule book you should probably get the Menoth one. I'm saying probably because the included warjacks aren't exactly core Menoth models, but still, another warcaster and the rules make it worth it imo.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

chutche2 posted:

(Sorscha 1) Kommander Sorscha [+29]
- Rager [11]
- Behemoth [24]
Widowmaker Scouts [8]
-Holden the last (Courage) [4]
Widowmaker Marksman [4]
Kell Bailoch [5]
Alten Ashley [5]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Winter Guard Mortar Crew [5]
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (min) [8]
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One [4]
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist [4]

This is going to be dumb, and I expect my list to collapse quickly with just the winter guard holding ground, but gently caress it.

Edit: I realize that I need reinholdt here to deal with stealth. Do I drop gorman or versh?

Gorman if you don't really need Blind, a cloud, or run against too many hordes lists to need Rust. But blind is still really good - -3 def on high def infantry helps sorscha freezing grip the rest of them without needing to boost. Likewise for trying to focus down a caster. But then again, sorscha has freezing grip, tempest if you're feeling wild, and her feat, so fixing to hit really as much of an issue. The immunities are neat but considering his stats it doesn't really matter much if he gets in the thick of it to grenade somebody - OTOH stealth + immunities make him really valuable for scenario play where zones/flags are spread out. Corrosion is pretty cool, if they have enough clumped infantry to get it.

Versh on the other hand can really punish a spellcaster or upkeeped unit, but due to premeasuring I've never seen witch hunter go off in mk3. He's good for some really lovely shooting at an OK range if there's no upkeeps. On the plus side he has stealth and spell ward so he's a bit harder to kill I guess. Maybe the psychological factor of him being on the table has more benefit than Gorman

I'm half awake and rambling so take it with a grain of salt.

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Sep 1, 2016

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Wizard Styles posted:

The battle boxes now come with rules and some tokens, as well. Plus some other stuff you probably won't care as much about.
They're amazing deals, and if you don't have a Mk3 rule book you should probably get the Menoth one. I'm saying probably because the included warjacks aren't exactly core Menoth models, but still, another warcaster and the rules make it worth it imo.

Sadly I'm not as interested in the new warcaster in the box, I'd kinda rather get that big paladin guy, Grand Exemplar Kreoss, Feora2, or the floating teenager. But I guess a guy holding a book is okay. Looks like a decent box deal either way.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HJE-Cobra posted:

Sadly I'm not as interested in the new warcaster in the box, I'd kinda rather get that big paladin guy, Grand Exemplar Kreoss, Feora2, or the floating teenager. But I guess a guy holding a book is okay. Looks like a decent box deal either way.

The new boxes are phenomenal deals TBH

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
A friend and I decided to go in on The Undercity board game and split the models. Apparently the plastic is fairly low-quality compared to PP's regular stuff, but since we got it on a discount I'm getting a unit of druge, Croe's, and some other stuff for $30 so I can't complain too much.

Now I just have to want to paint more drudge. :smith:

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Softface posted:

A friend and I decided to go in on The Undercity board game and split the models. Apparently the plastic is fairly low-quality compared to PP's regular stuff, but since we got it on a discount I'm getting a unit of druge, Croe's, and some other stuff for $30 so I can't complain too much.

Now I just have to want to paint more drudge. :smith:

That Undercity game is great, not only for having a pile of cheap models which can be used in Warmachine or the IKRPG, but the board is cool and good too. Also the game itself seems decent.

If you can find the old Grind boardgame for cheap, it has five Cygnar and five Khador warjacks with swappable arms. The arms aren't really all usable for Warmachine, so you might need to pick up some arms, and also I guess the "light" khador 'jacks aren't as useful, but it's a pile of cheap 'jacks. Good for IKRPG if nothing else.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

albany academy posted:

Gorman if you don't really need Blind, a cloud, or run against too many hordes lists to need Rust. But blind is still really good - -3 def on high def infantry helps sorscha freezing grip the rest of them without needing to boost. Likewise for trying to focus down a caster. But then again, sorscha has freezing grip, tempest if you're feeling wild, and her feat, so fixing to hit really as much of an issue. The immunities are neat but considering his stats it doesn't really matter much if he gets in the thick of it to grenade somebody - OTOH stealth + immunities make him really valuable for scenario play where zones/flags are spread out. Corrosion is pretty cool, if they have enough clumped infantry to get it.

Versh on the other hand can really punish a spellcaster or upkeeped unit, but due to premeasuring I've never seen witch hunter go off in mk3. He's good for some really lovely shooting at an OK range if there's no upkeeps. On the plus side he has stealth and spell ward so he's a bit harder to kill I guess. Maybe the psychological factor of him being on the table has more benefit than Gorman

I'm half awake and rambling so take it with a grain of salt.

My friend has mentioned he's going to be playing Trolls in our store's narrative league, if that makes a difference. He's my most common opponent.

The other things I'm most likely to see are Menoth, Cygnar, Circle, and Khador. With maybe some Skorne, Ret, and Cryx if those guys ever show up.

I'll have a variety of lists eventually, this is just the first one I plan to play. I wouldn't want to fight circle with this, or menoth really because of passage.

Speaking of circle which caster would be best for a dumb list with yuri, manhunters, and kossites?

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 1, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

chutche2 posted:

Speaking of circle which caster would be best for a dumb list with yuri, manhunters, and kossites?

Malakov2 or Vlad2. Malakov can give your kossites Backstab which is hilarious, whereas Vlad2 turns your manhunters into shitkicking murder monsters.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

gannyGrabber posted:

Malakov2 or Vlad2. Malakov can give your kossites Backstab which is hilarious, whereas Vlad2 turns your manhunters into shitkicking murder monsters.

Sadly, the backstab thing won't work because he'd have to get 5 inches from an ambushing unit which seems unlikey. Vlad2 is fun though, and I was thinking Vlad1 for s&p on the shooting.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

chutche2 posted:

Sadly, the backstab thing won't work because he'd have to get 5 inches from an ambushing unit which seems unlikey. Vlad2 is fun though, and I was thinking Vlad1 for s&p on the shooting.

He only has to get within 5" of a member that is in formation. So it's advance Malakov 6", ping the 5" action at a guy who is 3" from a table edge, that triggers onto the unit leader who is 7" up the board, and the rest of the unit is up another 7" from him. I've done it twice and it works wonderfully.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

chutche2 posted:

My friend has mentioned he's going to be playing Trolls in our store's narrative league, if that makes a difference. He's my most common opponent.

The other things I'm most likely to see are Menoth, Cygnar, Circle, and Khador. With maybe some Skorne, Ret, and Cryx if those guys ever show up.

I'll have a variety of lists eventually, this is just the first one I plan to play. I wouldn't want to fight circle with this, or menoth really because of passage.

So gormans immunities are likely only going to matter against one or two of those factions, and that's depending if the menoth players love fire a lot. He's a big gently caress you to fire-eaters though I guess.

OTOH that's a bunch of factions who love infantry upkeeps, and have more than a few casters with self upkeeps. Versh can make a cygnar list wish they didn't pay the junior tax. I say versh.

I still think kossites are kinda trash. Everything they offer is pretty whatever given the current meta. They have a rough time cracking arm, they hit for poo poo. They can tie up support and solos I suppose.

Manhunters tho - vlad2 strahov, butcher2 (ideal feat turn - yuri and his hunters get 3 rage tokens. 14 mat 8 weapon master attacks bud. It's real. Pair with a conquest + two field guns for maximum fun), psorscha, maybe the irusks, pzerk might enjoy them (get deep, feat, block their charge lanes with her clouds, they're basically untouchable for a round, plus she can give em ghostly which can be handy.) and yeah, sure, malakov2 (while drakhun is the ultimate fighting dirty candidate, manhunters are smaller and still have a pretty good mat. Backstab is pretty situational, they already have sneak and repo is kinda wasted on them in most situations. Veil still suits things with parry better).

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

gannyGrabber posted:

He only has to get within 5" of a member that is in formation. So it's advance Malakov 6", ping the 5" action at a guy who is 3" from a table edge, that triggers onto the unit leader who is 7" up the board, and the rest of the unit is up another 7" from him. I've done it twice and it works wonderfully.

Ok dang that's pretty decent.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Want to make sure. Now when I throw a model without a target, I do not roll deviation correct? I just determine its point of impact?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Want to make sure. Now when I throw a model without a target, I do not roll deviation correct? I just determine its point of impact?

Correct.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Is there anything preventing you from throwing a model not at a target but at the ground conveniently located beneath a model that definitely isn't your target? I've never really understood the throwing rules.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Magres posted:

Is there anything preventing you from throwing a model not at a target but at the ground conveniently located beneath a model that definitely isn't your target? I've never really understood the throwing rules.

When you aren't choosing a target, you don't get to choose direction, it just goes directly away. So you'd have to have enough movement to get the proper angle to set it up, which won't always be possible. Also, some times you want to try and throw at a target to force a scatter into something more important.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Magres posted:

Beaten but yeah if you can make it directly away it wont deviate. Also if you throw it at a target too far away your throw wont deviate.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

waah posted:

Beaten but yeah if you can make it directly away it wont deviate. Also if you throw it at a target too far away your throw wont deviate.

Yeah, this is the laser throw that people have been utilizing the most. Set up one of your models do that, when thrown in a straight line at a model outside of the throw range it will land on the model you want knocked down. Providing you don't miss the throw or somehow fail the strength check it is an automatic thing.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I once accidentally set it up with a Kodiak to laser throw an enemy warcaster and didn't even know it was a thing until my opponent told me. I then confirmed it with a PG because it's kind of horseshit.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I was trying to put together a lesser version of the Blind Water Flying Circus. With two Wrastlers you can huck a Fury'd+ Rage'd/Primal'd Swamp Horror 15 inches away. It's a Rube Goldbergian plan but if it goes off?

Say hello to my Mat 8 PS 21/PS 17 x3 Swamp Horror in your face!

:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
If witch hunter breaks a beast's spirit (there are some badly armored lights out there) does that make the animus fizzle?