Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

blue squares posted:

why do I get the feeling you have not discussed this issue with many african americans

to be sure, most don't care. But if you want to really think about it, it can be an interesting discussion

I assume you get the feeling because I'm a goon and most goons probably know zero black people irl

I'm a lucky exception

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The problem is that people are randomly singing along with anything in public to the point of being noticeable by other humans, not any particular word they're saying.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK_zwl-lnmc

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Sometimes I pretend this thread is called "Colin Kaepernick joins the nWo" and I chuckle a little bit

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

FuzzySkinner posted:

"CASTRO OWNS"

I almost cut myself on that edgy take. What the gently caress. Seek help.

Anyways, I was thinking about this to myself. Whether I dislike the concept of this or dislike the player. I really thought about it, and I decided I put LeBron James in his placer. Now would LeBron do such a thing? I don't know if he would. I don't think he would want a distraction to effect his team. This isn't to say I couldn't see him doing similar socially active things, but the actions that Kaepernick has done doesn't seem to match the type of thing I would see out of a LeBron or even a Carmelo Anthony.

But if LeBron did it, would I support him? I think I would. LeBron has built up enough good will with me and a lot other people that are fans of his that such an action would have made us take notice.

I think that's part of my problem with this. Kaepernick has came across as a dipshit over the past couple of years.

Why do you hate Castro so much, are you Rush in real life?

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 1, 2016

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

CharlestheHammer posted:

You're old enough to know the answer to this question.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

You're old enough to know the answer to this question.

But he shouldn't be. Even Cuban Expats are finally letting go.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Castro survived a half century of CIA bullshit

He gets respect for doggedness if anything else

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

So confusing to see a Seahawks fan say this. If only it were true outside of sane TFF people 😢

Yes, but I still feel the urge to poo poo talk Kaep the QB. One second:

Ahh...

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

CharlestheHammer posted:

But he shouldn't be. Even Cuban Expats are finally letting go.

I think they're letting go because they (at least the younger generation) believe that Obama opening up relations/trade the best way to get rid of Castro and co. Overthrow him with McDonalds and Coca Cola instead of exploding cigars.

Whatever the politics are, it is a stupid piece of clothing to wear if you're protesting racism.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Whatever the politics are, it is a stupid piece of clothing to wear if you're protesting racism.

But a great one to wear if you have a fist in the air in the land of hypocrisy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I think they're letting go because they (at least the younger generation) believe that Obama opening up relations/trade the best way to get rid of Castro and co. Overthrow him with McDonalds and Coca Cola instead of exploding cigars.

I don't think the younger generation hate him at all, as they have no reason too. You could be right about the older generation. Though that seems a little to subtle for them.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

But a great one to wear if you have a fist in the air in the land of hypocrisy

And now I'm taking the hike in shotgun
This deep ball gonna bounce of hands
Like Quinton Patton tried to catch one

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Whole lotta Fulgencio Bautista apologists itt

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Fidel Castro apologizes for his role in this incident

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

Whole lotta Fulgencio Bautista apologists itt

My favorite random sports radio caller take I've ever heard was comparing Miguel Bautista to Fulgencio Batista and saying the Royals had banished him from America never to return just like Castro did to Fulgencio. In the playoffs last year after KC clinched that series.

I mean...what?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't think the younger generation hate him at all, as they have no reason too. You could be right about the older generation. Though that seems a little to subtle for them.

The older generation is still pretty psycho about it, but they're dying out.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Everything I know about Cuba is from the episode of Seinfeld where Steinbrenner thinks George is a commie so he sends him down to Cuba to scout baseball prospects

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Holy poo poo this is a spicy meatball

https://www.facebook.com/TomiLahren/videos/vb.868219436604578/1063123907114129/?type=2&theater

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

holy poo poo it's the female clay travis

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grittybeard posted:

My favorite random sports radio caller take I've ever heard was comparing Miguel Bautista to Fulgencio Batista and saying the Royals had banished him from America never to return just like Castro did to Fulgencio. In the playoffs last year after KC clinched that series.

I mean...what?

This is my new favorite sports take. This owns.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why do people hate Trump so much? Hell, he hasn't even been elected yet to put his lovely ideas into practice.

Oh right, it's normal for people to dislike really awful humans. Huh. Who knew?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Also "Colin Kaepernick has first amendment rights BUT SO DO I SO..." has become the new "I'm not racist but..." trigger that you are about to hear a whole lot of dumb poo poo.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

My favorite person in the world is Andy Dalton and my second favorite person in the world is Donald Trump

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

I'm not watching this, but I'm assuming it's basically an application to Fox News. They've got a few openings for soulless, WASPy blondes right now.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Also "Colin Kaepernick has first amendment rights BUT SO DO I SO..." has become the new "I'm not racist but..." trigger that you are about to hear a whole lot of dumb poo poo.

I have the first amendment right to tell everyone about the anal fissure that has stained one of my fingers brown due to perpetually digging it into my own crack, but that doesn't mean I should exercise it.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Kap...he's good

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chichevache posted:

I have the first amendment right to tell everyone about the anal fissure that has stained one of my fingers brown due to perpetually digging it into my own crack, but that doesn't mean I should exercise it.

...but go on...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Got to get that charmin extra strong

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Why do people hate Trump so much? Hell, he hasn't even been elected yet to put his lovely ideas into practice.

Oh right, it's normal for people to dislike really awful humans. Huh. Who knew?

Bingo.

Awful people exist in all political ideologies.

This is not to say the US are "angels" in that region either, but Castro is an rear end in a top hat.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

ChickenMedium posted:

I'm not watching this, but I'm assuming it's basically an application to Fox News. They've got a few openings for soulless, WASPy blondes right now.

If she's willing to pleasure older men at work, I'm sure there would be a job available for her somewhere at Fox.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

v2vian man posted:

Kap...he's good

Except at football

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Ross Angeles posted:

Except at football

True, but this is more entertaining than someone being good at football. All these dopey rednecks frothing at the mouth is my poo poo :allears:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I keep trying to watch the entire video from start to finish but I always cringe too hard and the video closes out

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Ross Angeles posted:

Except at football

Can't win them all.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

hahaha I love this dead-eyed third rate Ann Coulter knock off.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I mean even though most of it is awful, this is the whole point right?

1m talking about it and buried in there are some good conversations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Remember when Kaep didn't wear sleeves to a -15 degree game in Green Bat and still won

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"Let me eviscerate this mouth diarrhea for you," is a loving S tier phrase despite Tomi Lahren being an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Remember when Kaep didn't wear sleeves to a -15 degree game in Green Bat and still won

Yeah too bad he really sucks now. I kind of wish Kaep said these things when he was an actual good NFL player. It would have been an even bigger discussion.

• Locked thread