Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bates
Jun 15, 2006

speng31b posted:

Tacos on every corner? Where do I sign up?

I assume Americans complain about specific immigrant groups only because of their cuisine. We have to stop Muslim immigration or we'll have Kebab shops everywhere - soon it will rival the great taco truck invasion! Goddammit no more Swedes we already have too many herring festivals!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

RNC's Answer For Trump To Give posted:

The proof, as they say, will be in the pudding. Coming into a community is meaningless unless we offer an alternative to the horrible progressive agenda that has perpetuated a permanent underclass in America.

Really nailed his tone there. Seriously, I would donate to the Trump campaign to hear him read that.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Garrison Keillor looks like a cross between Philip Seymour Hoffman and William H Macy

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AmiYumi posted:

Hasn't it only been one day since Trump literally enacted that 4chan cartoon where a guy sees a minority, cringes and cries, and then as soon as he gets home is all "godDAMN I showed that [racial slur of choice] what, beat his rear end good and made him pay me for it, gonna build a wall"? Just confirming, because this thread seems to have gone insane with a bunch of posters working out daddy issues via Keilor-as-proxy. What the gently caress, you guys.

?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Last month I had some pollster call me three times about different local ballot initiatives (city [should we be required to have a public vote any time the city literally does anything with selling/leasing public lands] and regional [should we add a half cent sales tax for public transit improvements]) in Northern California.

Someone's spending quite a few dollars on these since they were live caller on a cell phone. I'm not convinced it's push polling but it's very interesting to note.

Yeah mine didn't feel very push-poll-y but it was also an expensive live caller. I'll be interested to see what shows up on the ballot at election time.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
weird, a taco truck on every corner sounds like a whole bunch of new small business owners to me.

hopHeadless
Aug 24, 2014
I wouldn't die for Garrison Keillor, but I'd gladly kill for him

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I have no idea what this is, but it made me :lol:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Kro-Bar posted:

He's the president of Citizens United.

So much for Trump's halfassed attempts to draw in disaffected Bernie supporters.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Yup all latinos eat tacos, an entire continent/ demographic.

edit: I like how this food derail is caused by Trump's POS proxy.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Sep 2, 2016

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Where can I buy a hat that says "Make Tacos Great Again! (Gaucamole $1 extra)"?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Mr Interweb posted:

I have no idea what this is, but it made me :lol:

Morrowind.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Where can I buy a hat that says "Make Tacos Great Again! (Gaucamole $1 extra)"?

Make Chipotle great again, also.

This election is going to inspire a lot of follow on ad schemes...

Anyways did I miss NPR chat? Because I want so badly to like Science Friday, but I just cannot stand Ira F(pH?)lado's voice :(

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PhazonLink posted:

I do not believe there are any peoples on the Earth who do not eat tacos. If there are, it is very sad and we should get them some.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ewiley posted:

Make Chipotle great again, also.

This election is going to inspire a lot of follow on ad schemes...

Anyways did I miss NPR chat? Because I want so badly to like Science Friday, but I just cannot stand Ira F(pH?)lado's voice :(

Flatow, and I don't mind it. Also he isn't NPR ever since NPR cut Science Friday loose in 2013.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

PhazonLink posted:

They do. Just they don't make them like they make the ones us gringos buy.

Working in a primarily Spanish speaking kitchen isn't the best work...but oh my god the crew-made meals make up for so much.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This is an argument for maximum undocumented immigrants imo

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
My commute home takes me past a pair of taco trucks every day so hmmmmmm....

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Should Anthony Weiner sue the NY Post into oblivion for publishing sexually explicit photos of him without his permission?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I would vote for any candidate campaigning on a platform of "A taco truck on every corner!"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
"Latino immigrants are bad because they're too dang entrepreneurial." - Republicans

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

no more phö :kratos:

tired of paying $14 for beef broth.

Come to Glen Allen, VA, where it is only 7.95 AND you get huge plate of sprouts, basil, jalapeņos, and cilantro to dump into it. Add some fried egg rolls or shrimp and pork rice paper rolls and you are still 3 bucks under that after tip. God, I love to pho.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
jesus, it's like you all are attacking my childhood here. My mom's been listening to Prairie Home Companion and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me forever, and I kinda just acquired the taste for it eventually. I guess I get why people find it boring - it's like a food either you eat in childhood and grow to like, or never like. It's pretty low key, the aural equivalent of Sunday morning legacy comic strips in the newspaper, but that means it's relaxing and reassuring.
It was pretty funny when Jesse Ventura was governor of Minnesota though, and one of the actors had a great impression of him.

The Robert Altman movie based on the show is really good, though. It's got Meryl Streep, Lily Tomlin, Kevin Kline, and Woody Harrelson, among others.

I've gotta admit, I'm getting annoyed with NPR more and more recently. The station formerly known as KPLU (can't recall their new callsign now) is pretty good because it becomes a jazz station in the late morning.

Fresh Air is still good.

Says You is good, but I really miss the original host. RIP. :smith:

Car Talk is also like a Sunday morning strip, but rather than Frank and Ernest, which gets the occasional chuckle, it's loving Mary Worth. You have no idea why anyone wants to be listening to it now, if you ever did. I'm glad one of the brothers is dead and I hope the other one dies soon.

I used to love This American Life, but now they have programs that do the same thing, better, with no Ira Glass. like, Snap Judgment, Radiolab, and the Moth Radio Hour.

also Tavis Smiley does good interviews. I don't know if he's still close with Cornel West though, that'd be embarrassing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spatula City posted:

Car Talk is also like a Sunday morning strip, but rather than Frank and Ernest, which gets the occasional chuckle, it's loving Mary Worth. You have no idea why anyone wants to be listening to it now, if you ever did. I'm glad one of the brothers is dead and I hope the other one dies soon.

you shut your whore mouth right now. Go, do it.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Turnquiet posted:

Come to Glen Allen, VA, where it is only 7.95 AND you get huge plate of sprouts, basil, jalapeņos, and cilantro to dump into it. Add some fried egg rolls or shrimp and pork rice paper rolls and you are still 3 bucks under that after tip. God, I love to pho.

What kind of rear end in a top hat are you where you're paying over $10 for food and not tipping at least $4? Jeez, dude, grow a heart.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Instant Sunrise posted:

My commute home takes me past a pair of taco trucks every day so hmmmmmm....

Ah, you've stumbled on a rare courtship scene between taco trucks. Soon they will start breeding and before you know it you'll be getting tamales in your mailbox.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Re: tacos.

Are we talking, like, legit tacos or lovely Tex-Mex tacos in hard shells with cheese on 'em? If it's the former, I'm with Iron Abuela. If the latter? That's a tough call.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Turnquiet posted:

$7.95? lol

try $6.95

Mi La Cay, Wheaton, MD

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Kro-Bar posted:

What kind of rear end in a top hat are you where you're paying over $10 for food and not tipping at least $4? Jeez, dude, grow a heart.

What the kind of rule is this? Do you tip your McDonald's cashier if you place a group order over $10?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Re: tacos.

Are we talking, like, legit tacos or lovely Tex-Mex tacos in hard shells with cheese on 'em? If it's the former, I'm with Iron Abuela. If the latter? That's a tough call.

Homemade tortillas or bust.

There's a local chain Mexican fast food joint that's more tex mexy but they make a glorious gut bomb breakfast burrito for 5$. One of those after a night of drinking and you're set.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

$7.95? lol

try $6.95

Mi La Cay, Wheaton, MD

There are too many Hispanic people in Wheaton for you to be buying $7 tacos, Whiskey, and you know it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

DemeaninDemon posted:

*cancels pre-order for tortilla Keurig*

Now what will I get you for Labor Day? :mad:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Eat poo poo, car talk hater

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

nutranurse posted:

There are too many Hispanic people in Wheaton for you to be buying $7 tacos, Whiskey, and you know it.

I actually don't know a good taco place around here because I always do pupusas.

La Casita on Piney Branch in Silver Spring

e: they also have a huge carne asada for $9.95

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I cannot believe there are people in this world who dislike Car Talk.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Saying PHC is good and Car Talk is bad is a pretty obvious troll, guys.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

DemeaninDemon posted:

:hf:

There's a whole lot of poo poo that sucks about living in Detroit Metro (and loving Michigan in general) but the food makes up for it. So much good food. Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Indian, Polish, Mexican, barbecue, soul food... You name it, we got the best example of it outside the old country.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I mean there are people who don't like Ira Glass or Wait Wait apparently so it's all topsy turvy to me now.

What's next, is someone gonna wish death on Carl Kasell?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Prairie Home Companion is for people that think Gilmore Girls is too spicy and exotic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oh my god, NPR derail, food derail, and now the start of a tipping derail?

Turn left thread nooooooooooo.

• Locked thread