Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
memba this
This poll is closed.
goku 130 46.43%
goku 150 53.57%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
What if I'm so smart I fudge my test to make myself look dumb? CRISSCROSS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Isn't that type of thing fairly common though, and been around for a while now? I remember reading about similar stories 25 years ago, where people who were too smart were denied cop jobs for the same reasons.

Even beyond the "getting bored" angle, kind of a rough cultural fit if you're smarter than 99% of people on the force, likely smarter than all your bosses as well.

If they did this for the Army, I bet the suicide rate would drop.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ElGroucho posted:

If they did this for the Army, I bet the suicide rate would drop.

but how else can i be the best gorilla navy seal sniper in the entire united states armed forces?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Just do what all us veterans do, say that you were anyway, and get lots of tattoos about it

Make sure to put all sorts of poo poo on facebook about it too, just in case someone forgets for one second that you did a thing

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ElGroucho posted:

Just do what all us veterans do, say that you were anyway, and get lots of tattoos about it

Make sure to put all sorts of poo poo on facebook about it too, just in case someone forgets for one second that you did a thing

no thanks dude, I dont fit in with the coolies in GiP and stuff, but yeah thats always been my go to excuse on why i have ink all over the drat place.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

SneakyFrog posted:

but how else can i be the best gorilla navy seal sniper in the entire united states armed forces?

I hear the Cincinnati Zoo is looking to recruit gorilla snipers, might want to look into it

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

How can a person not know their own country's currency?

There's, what, $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100 - that's seven notes. How can someone not hold this information in their heads?

They knew what a $2 bill was, the counterfeit pen just didn't work on it so they went after the adolescent that was obviously the head of a major $2 counterfieting ring. They're being retarded, but for an even more retarded reason than not knowing what a $2 bill was.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Why do we even still have $1 bills? A paper bill should at least buy you a goddamn coke.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Germstore posted:

Why do we even still have $1 bills? A paper bill should at least buy you a goddamn coke.

The treasury has been trying to fade them out for a while. That's why there's been such a push on getting people to use dollar coins.

Unfortunately, the treasury's efforts to get people to use dollar coins haven't been successful, while people still use the dollar bills.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I ain't tipping a stripper $2. gently caress that!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The soft shuffle of dollar bills will be replaced with the plink of dollar coins.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

They knew what a $2 bill was, the counterfeit pen just didn't work on it so they went after the adolescent that was obviously the head of a major $2 counterfieting ring. They're being retarded, but for an even more retarded reason than not knowing what a $2 bill was.

I had someone do this to me when I was getting a coffee the other day. I paid with an old $10, and the lady looked for the watermark, then called her manager when she couldn't find it. The manager scribbled on it with the counterfeit pen for like 30 seconds before I just walked away because they had already handed me my coffee and my change. I was actually shocked into silence by what I had witnessed, and I'm pretty sure that if I had stuck around they would have tried to force me to give back my coffee and my change. It's not like either of the employees were that young either; at least one of them should have seen an old $10 before and known that it didn't have any of the newer counterfeit countermeasures :v:

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Solice Kirsk posted:

I ain't tipping a stripper $2. gently caress that!

Make it hail son make it hail! Give them girls a golden Sacagawea!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BexGu posted:

Make it hail son make it hail! Give them girls a golden Sacagawea!

There's something sort of poetic about that.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Schwarzwald posted:

The treasury has been trying to fade them out for a while. That's why there's been such a push on getting people to use dollar coins.

Unfortunately, the treasury's efforts to get people to use dollar coins haven't been successful, while people still use the dollar bills.

Just..

Stop making one dollar notes?

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

I actually think the person who tested the $2 bill in the first place didn't know what it was. Because why the gently caress would you test a $2 bill? If someone hands him two single dollar bills does he test both as well?

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Germstore posted:

The soft shuffle of dollar bills will be replaced with the plink of dollar coins.

panties hanging down like jingly soiled daipers

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
now that is what provides me with sufficient arousal to warrant exchange of currency

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

504 posted:

Just..

Stop making one dollar notes?

That's the obvious next step. I think the treasure department just got cold feet when dollar coins didn't catch on like they wanted them to.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Solice Kirsk posted:

There's something sort of poetic about that.

Its either that or give them a new $20 bill with the face of another older women disappointed in their life choices.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Schwarzwald posted:

That's the obvious next step. I think the treasure department just got cold feet when dollar coins didn't catch on like they wanted them to.

I don't get this. Isn't it more expensive to make dollar coins, even if the idea is that your making fewer of them?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think it's time to move over to credits. creds for short

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Neo Shekels are the future, folks

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

FIRST TIME posted:

I don't get this. Isn't it more expensive to make dollar coins, even if the idea is that your making fewer of them?

They last an absolute buttload longer. That's the saving.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

radiatinglines posted:

Haven't most people under the age of 40 already done this? I don't know a single person under 40 that uses cash anymore, it's all credit and debit.

I don't think I've touched a physical piece of paper money in about 15 years.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Haven't most people under the age of 40 already done this? I don't know a single person under 40 that uses cash anymore, it's all credit and debit.

Depends where you live. Not everything takes credit or may have a credit minimum. Some are cash only.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

can't buy weed and pussy with disney dollars

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

radiatinglines posted:

radiatinglines posted:

can't buy weed and pussy with disney dollars

You've answered your own question.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

504 posted:

They last an absolute buttload longer. That's the saving.

Got it.

Too bad they're inconvenient as gently caress. Nothing makes you feel more like a poor than a pocket full of change.

:edit:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's getting better but nothing sucks more than being out in the middle of loving nowhere and the only store in town doesn't take cards but they have a ripoff $5/transaction ATM.

Edmund Sparkler has a new favorite as of 06:03 on Sep 2, 2016

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

FIRST TIME posted:

It's getting better but nothing sucks more than being out in the middle of loving nowhere and the only store in town doesn't take cards but they have a ripoff $5/transaction ATM.

Yeah, but I'm in Canada and EVERYWHERE takes cards. We rolled out debit tech well before most countries. I've seen kids running lemonade stands that take cards (those little addon swipe things for cell phones). The last holdout business that didn't take cards probably folded a decade ago.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, but I'm in Canada and EVERYWHERE takes cards. We rolled out debit tech well before most countries. I've seen kids running lemonade stands that take cards (those little addon swipe things for cell phones). The last holdout business that didn't take cards probably folded a decade ago.

Like I said, it's getting better in the US. I went to a rave out in the middle of nowhere last weekend and was fully prepared to need cash if I stopped at any of the podunk towns on the way. Never had a problem.

Only thing is, like people were saying; if I'd wanted to buy :catdrugs:, I would have needed cash.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Hopefully I can break up this 2 page derail on US currency

R Kelly made a music video called Trapped in the Closet.

Then he made 32 more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFosUj6A22c
https://vimeo.com/54197101

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

FIRST TIME posted:

Like I said, it's getting better in the US. I went to a rave out in the middle of nowhere last weekend and was fully prepared to need cash if I stopped at any of the podunk towns on the way. Never had a problem.

Only thing is, like people were saying; if I'd wanted to buy :catdrugs:, I would have needed cash.

The only cash-only establishment I have ever been to was a deli on Long Island which I'm convinced was just an excuse to launder cash or underreport their earnings.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

BossRighteous posted:

Hopefully I can break up this 2 page derail on US currency

R Kelly made a music video called Trapped in the Closet.

Then he made 32 more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFosUj6A22c
https://vimeo.com/54197101

Thank you for posting the most notable video that R Kelly has ever made.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

FIRST TIME posted:

this one's real good too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJBIT67Ri9A&t=265s

can i come into your kitchen babyyyyy~

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

FIRST TIME posted:

lmao

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
Wait did we talk abotu Chris Brown yet?

And how in 2009 he beat the poo poo out of Rihanna while driving a lambo

Police Report posted:

Brown – who was charged with two felonies Thursday – allegedly tried to force his girlfriend out of the Lamborghini, and hit her head against the passenger window.

Rihanna then "turned to face Brown and he punched her in the left eye with his right hand," says the paperwork. "He then drove away in the vehicle and continued to punch her in the face with his right hand while steering the vehicle with his left hand."

And then fans took to Twitter (and his concerts!) to loudly defend him. Oh yeah and he was subsequently denied visas in Australia and the UK.

Then this week he got into a stand off with the LAPD.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Then after publicly "apologizing" he got a neck tattoo of her beaten face. Shortly afterwards, Ri-Ri started making music with him again.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

speaking of chris brown and ri ri - floyd mayweather should be in jail for decades but instead gets to make more money in a single fight than we'll make in all of our lifetimes combined.

quote:

Floyd Mayweather is a misogynist. And not just a misogynist, but a batterer, and a serial batterer at that. This is a statement of fact that you will rarely see or hear from the professional boxing media, many of whom remain hopelessly dependent on the reigning box office king’s goodwill for access. It’s certainly not one you will hear from any of the assembled talking heads on Showtime, the CBS-owned cable network to which Mayweather is contractually wed. And while it may be easy enough to guess why the boxing media has been so willing to cover for Mayweather’s sins, it’s less obvious why so many others are so willing to look the other way.

http://deadspin.com/the-trouble-with-floyd-mayweather-1605217498

he also can't read and 50 cent punked him about it

http://deadspin.com/50-cent-challenges-floyd-mayweather-to-read-for-charity-1625097607

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
http://fox13now.com/2015/01/19/teen-caught-after-posing-as-obgyn-at-hospital-for-month-fooled-doctors

Florida teenager poses as an OBGYN at a Florida hospital. He was caught while in the middle of treating a patient at the hospital. A month later.

jenny jones fan has a new favorite as of 11:36 on Sep 2, 2016

• Locked thread