Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Wait gold chambers make the tower easier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Yes. After each ten attempts, the CT level will become easier; you'll get a message like "The enemies have been slightly weakened due to your repeated attempts" in yellow for that level. Gold Chamber runs count as attempts.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Well then. I've just been waiting for the trial lvl 40 7k/4l buddy to refresh each day to do the next level

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

gwrtheyrn posted:

Well then. I've just been waiting for the trial lvl 40 7k/4l buddy to refresh each day to do the next level

Yup, that's how I continued to climb at level 82 of the Tower where I otherwise dead-ended. I just run the Gold Chamber until there's 5 stacks of debuff on the actual room and then clear it. Rinse and repeat. It's gotten me up to . . . 98 so far.

Incy posted:

How do keys work? It claims that I gain a key every 10 mins, up to 9999, but I've not seen that number increase outside of quests/purchases.

Keys have a high max but a low minimum. Even as a level 27 I can only accumulate 9 before it stops passively generating them. But the game has a lot of ways to throw more at you so its pretty easy to get together a big pile for Hot Time rushing.

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 30, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm impressed how they managed to make every voice in this game absolutely awful then not include a way to disable them.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Agoat posted:

I'm impressed how they managed to make every voice in this game absolutely awful then not include a way to disable them.

I'm mostly just impressed all of them are in English an that even the lovely mobs get a voice.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

delfin posted:

* The 10+1 summon shop rate for anything decent completely blows.
* Rubies are for masteries. Honor is for keys. Gold is for fusion and ranking. Costumes are for whales. Topazes will be for transcend units, eventually.

the summon shop is so loving terrible compared to fusion, but i toss rubies at it during rate up sometimes in hopes of getting lucky but also for trying to build up points to get an A rank or S rank chest. is that a complete waste? also its important to get a costume for your barbies that's not just for whales buddy :colbert:

also i am constantly running out of gold from fusing and powering up poo poo and trying to get my defensive formation to 40, other than farming during hot time is there actually a decent way to get gold

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

the summon shop is so loving terrible compared to fusion, but i toss rubies at it during rate up sometimes in hopes of getting lucky but also for trying to build up points to get an A rank or S rank chest. is that a complete waste? also its important to get a costume for your barbies that's not just for whales buddy :colbert:

also i am constantly running out of gold from fusing and powering up poo poo and trying to get my defensive formation to 40, other than farming during hot time is there actually a decent way to get gold

There isn't really a better way other than actually buying a bundle of some kind that gets you gold. The good news is once you do get the Formations to 40 you'll start accumulating again but until there you're just gonna have to tough it out. Well, there is one other thing, assuming you're primarily Hot Time farming in the Asgard area: if you can manage to farm a boss room in the Misty Isle you'll make significantly more money because you'll get less fusion fodder and more gold drops of a higher quantity.

And to give you guys an idea let me confess my sins: I have whaled out a bit on this as when I joined there was a really awesome bundle in the shop ($30 for nearly 3000 Rubies and a bunch of gold and keys and such doled out as you leveled) and not having a thread or anything at the time I spent most of those Rubies on 10+1 pulls, along with a bunch after it ran out trying to get up to that S-Ranked reward chest. In all of those pulls I ultimately got: 1x Ace 4* and 1x Sun Wukong 4*. Otherwise it was just random, regular poo poo that you could easily get from fusing. I also only ever pulled a single unit at 5* so don't even dream of getting a 6* out of it. As to the reward chests, keep in mind that they work like all the reward chests: you get one thing out of that list and they all have an equal chance of being the one thing you get. So yeah, you might get a random Four Lords ticket, but you can just as easily get an absurd number of keys or a regular 6* Selector which was nice but not nearly useful enough to justify the number of Rubies I spent chasing it.

Pull if you're really bored or are secretly a whale, but your Rubies are far better spent on Masteries.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am really put off by the fact that my next mastery costs i think 1k rubies and mildly increases my units lethal damage or block rate.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

If you're farming asgard hard, try selling a fair amount of the fodder drops you get. In general, prioritize leveling 1* fodders for rubies as you're more likely to sell them for gold--this decreases the amount of money you spend powering up as well as increasing your gold income by something like 1k per 1* sold. If you're fusing everything, I think i usually come out just barely making money.

I just need to figure out ways to get more keys now that I'm almost done burning through the initial rush of them.

I whaled for the calendar. It just looked way better than any other bundle they have up

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Feeling good about recent pulls and 5*s:
Lucy, May, Giparang

If I ever get a 7K selector, what's the common wisdom on what to pull? I randomly got Eileen.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Mile'ionaha posted:

Feeling good about recent pulls and 5*s:
Lucy, May, Giparang

If I ever get a 7K selector, what's the common wisdom on what to pull? I randomly got Eileen.

As far as I can tell, Eileen goes with basically anything. The table for 7k selector on reddit has eileen in most of the cells, so it's mostly whatever you want

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Don't forget you can select one you already have for Transcendence fodder, since there's no other way to transcend 7K.

Dellons is very solid for CR/Raid as he gives you a solid +50% All Damage boost, stacks with Eileen so you can ditch your Lina. Rudy, Eileen and Jave are all god tier Arena heroes right now. Rachel and Spike are nice for utility for CR. It's hard to go wrong with any of them so pick one that helps fill in what you need most, or is suited to what you do the most.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I never see it mentioned but Rachel is absolutely critical for me in a lot of CT floors, her debuff is loving brutal and she's really surprisingly tanky, plus has that full health revive passive that allows her to die a few times over the course of a CT level.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

I never see it mentioned but Rachel is absolutely critical for me in a lot of CT floors, her debuff is loving brutal and she's really surprisingly tanky, plus has that full health revive passive that allows her to die a few times over the course of a CT level.

Yup, while she doesn't get Immortality like Kris or Giaparang, she is actually alive again and it resets on each phase of the battle you pass. So she can die in each individual phase once and still keep fighting which is crazy useful. Also, again, that attack debuff is crucial to surviving the insane amounts of damage high level CT enemies dump on you.

Edit: Also, to all of my lovey Best Friends, please do finish just a few more of your Recommend gifts to me. I'm literally 30 points away from getting that delicious Seven Knight reward.

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 31, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

LornMarkus posted:

Yup, while she doesn't get Immortality like Kris or Giaparang, she is actually alive again and it resets on each phase of the battle you pass. So she can die in each individual phase once and still keep fighting which is crazy useful. Also, again, that attack debuff is crucial to surviving the insane amounts of damage high level CT enemies dump on you.

Yeah, and her +50% counter part of her passive is really good with my CT emergency team of Lee Jung/Xiao. It's actually a really efficient combo since Lee Jung has a debuff duration removal/stun (although really high up everything is CC immune) which almost guarantees he gets countered and gets into a little counter war to help Xiao try to skill lock everyone.

a lot of really hard floors are a lot easier when the enemy team is literally skill locked and attack/defense debuffed by a large amount. You can even try and time Rachels skill usage with her passive to get four activations in a row sometimes, and of course the two different modes completely reset the others CDs, which is great.

edit: honestly both attacks are pretty big nukes when she's in Phoenix form, too, and the debuffs duration is longer than the skill cooldown

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Huh, you get a new Arena background when you hit Gold rank. Interesting.

On a related note: apparently a team of Giaparang, Dellons, Ace, Yu Shin and Ky Kiske is indeed pretty effective because it's carried me this far.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently there were Guilty Gear and Blazblue crossovers that I missed?? I'm so upset, it'd have been sick to have Ragna the Bloodedge on my team.

Mosch
Jul 30, 2013
Can somebody explain the Castle Rush chests to me? "Rank by Score" says if the overall score is 5,000,000 you get an S rank. For an S rank, you get an S rank chest. My guild has an overall score of 6,174,915. I contributed 3,195,618. I went to collect the reward and got an A rank chest. This is all on easy. Yesterday I expected an A rank chest and got a B rank. What am I missing?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Getting a 4* Dark Element is a pain. Daily gave me a 3* and I have a 5*.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Getting a 4* is a pain because of dickhead Wukong you have to kill for it

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

It's potentially one of the easier Hard Dailies but that relies heavily on what you have to bear against it and where or not the Clones immediately hit you with Jumbo Pole and KO an important character. But yeah, you're always going to be wanting for Dark Elements, it's something your gonna have to get used to.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I would like to start playing this game.

How difficult is it to get Nonon Jakuzure from the op image?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

some googling makes me think you mean the lady with the tall hat? if so that's Rachel, one of the 7k. you might randomly get her on day 7, but otherwise quite difficult. but also she's my friend unit, so at least once a day! however mine is also dressed up as a samurai. she's actually a very good unit.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

netmarbu owns my wallet

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I thought he meant some 3 kingdoms or moonlit hero I'd never heard of, so I was a bit confused :v:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

I should just save survey money and buy one for Spike.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Okay, made an account, WARFOOT. Friends are good!

I got a cat lady with a suitcase full of rubber ducks and gattling guns. I like this.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
MAY has many guuds to delivurr.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

may is cool, and good

is may actually good because i feel like im goin g to include her in my roster forever

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

May has a very good passive for a lot of PVE content and she also has an attack/defense debuff on one of her skills, although that can be done better by other units. Of course no one else combines the two.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
be sure to collect them... BEFORE THEY EXPIYURR!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Oh, good. I will keep using gatling gun rubber duck lady, then.

I have in the space of two missions gotten two Valkyrie ladies, too. Is there any benefit to having multiple of the same hero?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I'm following through the intro quest, and I picked Sarah and Bella as my bonus dudes because I needed 4stars of those classes. I'm up to the part where it wants me to do Fusion. Is there a place to go with a list of what not to fuse?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

basically every single monster is fair game to fuse. i think leo and i think maybe one other monster have niche uses but you more or less are totally fine to fuse any monster away.

edit: literally any unit that does not have a 5* or 6* form is safe to use as fodder

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

My tutorial reward knight was Spike and the event one I just got was Rudy. Thanks for giving me the two least useful knights, game. :manning:

I guess it could have given me Rudy twice, so it could be worse!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I got a 4* rachel from some event 4* 7k to go with my jave :sun:

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Zokari posted:

My tutorial reward knight was Spike and the event one I just got was Rudy. Thanks for giving me the two least useful knights, game. :manning:

I guess it could have given me Rudy twice, so it could be worse!

I got lucky and pulled Rudy from a random daily hero ticket. Then my 'end of week 1' reward was Rudy. Today I got Rudy from the event 7K reward. :shobon:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

New Rudy owns though, and being able to level break your 7k right away is rad?

I got Eileen, and I have enough dark elements to 6* her right away :neckbeard:

Not sure who to pick for the chessboard this month though, since the event rewards Ace... but I don't know how annoying the event will be to complete.

Thinking of setting it to Sun Wukong, just based on how much wild bullshit he is in arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Yeah, I like Rudy, just amused by Zokari's post. I won't have the earth elementals to get them all up to 6* for a long, long time, though.

New player question: how likely is it to get the chessboard unit without having to spend topaz on extra pulls?

• Locked thread