Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

A million dollars to ease America's wounded heart? So he thinks the American eagle is a common whore. Disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kaepernick is spitting hot fire right now at this press conference holy poo poo

San Francisco PD demanded an apology. Someone asked him about it. He referenced this instead:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sfpd-racist-text-messages-20160426-story.html

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The moment kaep realizes life is like playing the Packers

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Already seeing people saying the donation is "damage control". If he didn't care about the issue in the first place, he wouldn't donate $1mil regardless of any damage control. Like I said, it doesn't matter what he does because people will continue to find something new to bitch about.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

MrSargent posted:

Already seeing people saying the donation is "damage control". If he didn't care about the issue in the first place, he wouldn't donate $1mil regardless of any damage control. Like I said, it doesn't matter what he does because people will continue to find something new to bitch about.

White American racists keeps telling blacks to protest silently, but get angry when they see blacks protesting silently. It's almost like they don't want them to protest at all.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MrSargent posted:

Sad people don't realize how much Kaepernick goes headlong into community services and causes he believes in (Camp Taylor).

Good dude. Will love him even if he's not my quarterback.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

logger posted:

White American racists keeps telling blacks to protest silently, but get angry when they see blacks protesting silently. It's almost like they don't want them to protest at all.

My new favorite is "MLK knew how to protest the right way and had solutions for change."

Yes, let's hold everyone up to the standard of MLK and completely ignore them if they don't meet that ridiculous standard for what you think is the "right" way to protest.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm imagining all the conversations parents are having with their kids, asking what the term "woke" means. I bet the term "on fleak" comes up too.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The fun part is that Collin is protesting the way MLK would. In fact, he's being way tamer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Probably Magic posted:

The fun part is that Collin is protesting the way MLK would. In fact, he's being way tamer.

Way, way tamer. Not asking for boycotts, not breaking any laws. How many times did MLK get arrested?

It's one of the most mild protests ever, and the fact that it's making so many people angry is a loving indictment of this country by itself.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
hot take: with the exception of my tff bros and irl friends white people are objectively dogshit garbage. i will regret this post tomorrow morning #drunk

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I'm a white man

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
andey

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

sam bradford lmao posted:

hot take: with the exception of my tff bros and irl friends white people are objectively dogshit garbage. i will regret this post tomorrow morning #drunk

Nah, white people are garbage.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
i for real have lost count of how much bourbon I've had tonight

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

that's our word you can't take it from us

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
sorry for your loss

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I can't disagree with this.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I love Ross Angeles. He is my brother

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

hmm, ambitious

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I love AAA DOLFAN even though he was a member of 98 degrees

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MrSargent posted:

My new favorite is "MLK knew how to protest the right way and had solutions for change."

Yes, let's hold everyone up to the standard of MLK and completely ignore them if they don't meet that ridiculous standard for what you think is the "right" way to protest.

i think my fav response to that line of argument was "y'all remember how you shot MLK right"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hate myself

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Alaois posted:

i think my fav response to that line of argument was "y'all remember how you shot MLK right"

It's me. I'm the guy who shot MLK. I've been found out.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MrSargent posted:

My fav. response is that he thought they loving suck:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Get ready mother fuckers because it's Phil Mushnick's turn to offer some hot rear end takes

quote:

During the Trayvon Martin killing calamity in Florida, NBA players wore hoodies to symbolize the stereotyping that inspired Martin’s assailant, George Zimmerman.

Yet in the months before and after that NBA protest, crimes commonly were committed — and still are — by those who tried to obscure their identities beneath hoodies.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

$1m is a really nice start, hopefully he gets a bit more generous but that's money that can start to make a serious difference

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I don't know guys, I think a lot of ways sitting during the national anthem is equivalent to Malcolm X rather than MLK Jr. Violence isn't just physical, and people need to accept that a lot of veterans, police officers, and simply patriotic citizens take it as a violent attack when a privileged celebrity says or does something like this. It causes them physical and mental pain. I know a lot of people who have been having panic attacks and other issues (PTSD related?) due to this. The first amendment doesn't protect hate speech, and it's disgusting seeing people defend people being hurt.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
i collapsed in agony when the back up quarterback for the 49ers did the same thing i did in high school during the pledge of allegience bc i was too tired and lazy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I don't know guys, I think a lot of ways sitting during the national anthem is equivalent to Malcolm X rather than MLK Jr. Violence isn't just physical, and people need to accept that a lot of veterans, police officers, and simply patriotic citizens take it as a violent attack when a privileged celebrity says or does something like this. It causes them physical and mental pain. I know a lot of people who have been having panic attacks and other issues (PTSD related?) due to this. The first amendment doesn't protect hate speech, and it's disgusting seeing people defend people being hurt.

Source your quotes

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Source your quotes

I'm guessing it's a tumblr post with key words substituted

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
when i saw colin kaepernick sitting down during the national anthem i threw up so violently my wife had to call an ambulance and i told the emts what happened and they also vomited profusely, we just kept throwing up, for hours and hours, now i have all this puke on my stuff and its all thanks to colin kaepernick

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

$1m is a really nice start, hopefully he gets a bit more generous but that's money that can start to make a serious difference

Well now you're just trolling

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
From a real letter some army mom sent to Michelle Malkins site:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's less than 2 percent of his guaranteed money on the current contract, nice but hardly cause for coronation

Guarantee you gave more to charity last year relatively

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I have white guilt but not from the past, its from how poo poo we are today

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Besides Jeremy Lane, were there any other players around the league that sat?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

AMEERICA-Asked army mom: "God, did you hear about Colin Kaepernick?"
Host: "No."
Me: "Didn't stand for the anthem. He disgraced himself."
Thought she would cry.

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's less than 2 percent of his guaranteed money on the current contract, nice but hardly cause for coronation

Guarantee you gave more to charity last year relatively

True, he does make $126 million per game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That'd be a nice gotcha if I didn't specify his current contract's guaranteed total

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Pron on VHS posted:

Please don't pick on military families. There's alot of vile hiding behind "you're dishonoring the troops" but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Locked thread