Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

It sounded perfectly reasonable to me, not everything in life is scoops and secrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Skarsnik posted:

It sounded perfectly reasonable to me, not everything in life is scoops and secrets

Everyone thinks Nixon, Pete Dunne and Zack Gibson are on the WWE radar.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I'm sure they are, but your problem is you get so deep into your scoops and rumours you forget wrestlers are just people. Not everything is a cover up, or has hidden meaning

A 21yr old valleys girl not wanting to miss Christmas with her young nephew is not unreasonable, especially if there is every chance she could just do the trip next year

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Everything in life is scoops. Scoops Rule Everything Around Me.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tommy end is off the aaw show tonight due to travel issues :( but dave crist, zema ion and shigehiro irie have been added :)

zema ion is good

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Zema Ion hasn't done anything stupid on social media for 2 years, so he's ok again.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm really interested in who wins tonight. I'd guess that Pentagon loses so that he and Fenix can enter the tournament.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Is Tommy End going to make it to BOLA?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm really interested in who wins tonight. I'd guess that Pentagon loses so that he and Fenix can enter the tournament.

Ciampa ain't taking the belt to Raw. Pentagón will win (and I'm super bummed that I will miss it)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Ciampa ain't taking the belt to Raw. Pentagón will win (and I'm super bummed that I will miss it)

They've already said that if Ciampa wins the belt will go to the winner of next month's tournament so I expect he'll win as a farewell.

And I wish I could go too... :smith:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Pinwiz11 posted:

They've already said that if Ciampa wins the belt will go to the winner of next month's tournament so I expect he'll win as a farewell.

And I wish I could go too... :smith:

poo poo, I missed that part. I still think Pentagón wins because losing to a guy who is leaving is always a bad look and AAW has good reason to keep Pentagón strong.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Dr. Baker posted:

Is Tommy End going to make it to BOLA?

He's already in California and has been for a couple days, dunno what the trouble getting to Chicago may have been

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Did he somehow end up on a no-fly list or something?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
There were flight delays all over the place while I was traveling today. One for unknown reasons and the other for the hurricane/tropical storm going up the east coast.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I realized that I missed an easy opportunity to say that Tommy obviously skipped out on the booking to make sure he was in top shape for the shows this weekend that actually matter, but I'll just play it off like I was being magnanimous.

Do people want me to post BOLA results in here like I typically do after shows? Or would y'all prefer to avoid spoilers?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

post them !!!!!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Maybe spoiler tag em at least. I know for BOLA last year they tried for a quicker turn around than average.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the over/under for new aaw vods that come out before bola dvds ship is 5.5

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I realized that I missed an easy opportunity to say that Tommy obviously skipped out on the booking to make sure he was in top shape for the shows this weekend that actually matter, but I'll just play it off like I was being magnanimous.

Do people want me to post BOLA results in here like I typically do after shows? Or would y'all prefer to avoid spoilers?

I'm pissed I won't be at bola so when you post results I will be real pissy so get prepared.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/771654215705911296

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so yeah pentagon beat ciampa with the project ciampa. match was hot because everyone was hot for ciampa but it had a couple botches that held it back from being particularly great or anything

i don't think you can take a better cellphone picture than this tbh!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/771544170720702465

ciampa got the full streamers treatment before the match and did streamer angels. afterwards pentagon got on the mic and cut a promo saying he respects ciampa, I didn't get the rest because I don't speak spanish

ciampa gets the ring and the mic and cuts a promo saying before he left ring of honor he worked chicago ridge and he did a worked-shoot promo that didn't really make sense because he wasnt sure what his angle was supposed to be etc. but he said that yknow he was a problem child as far as the ring of honor office was concerned but so were former champions like cm punk and kevin steen. but he remembered some guy in the third row yelled out 'yeah but youre not them'. so when he left ring of honor he had a conversation with his wife that he would give it one year to either make it or he would retire. he came to aaw and said don't give me any angles, dont give me any storylines, just give me the best opponents you can and let me sink or swim on my own performance

so he says thanks to aaw and the fans his confidence in himself has grown every month over the year he was doing that. and then 8 or 9 months into his make-or-break year, he had his first nxt live tour in milwaukee, green bay, and in chicago, and in chicago he got to wrestle sami zayn, a guy who he has wanted to wrestle forever, and he saw the same fans there that he's seen here over the last year, and it's thanks to that and you guys getting behind me that i can say to that guy in the third row, you're right, i'm not them, i'm better than cm punk, i'm better than kevin owens, etc. great promo

so then he calls out a kid who he says would send him messages that always boosted ciampa's spirits on the tough days on the road. and he would message with the kids mom and she told him the kids story and over the last year seeing the kid's confidence grow as ciampa's confidence grew was amazing and drove him to keep going and keep getting better. so he says the kid Owen had asked him before the show if he sold any replica dr. doom masks. so he lifts the kid into the ring and gives him his dr. doom mask and raises his arm and every one chants Owen for the kid and it's pretty much a tear-jerker at this point

https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/771672588984594432
https://twitter.com/sourmoons/status/771551763467870208

so yeah then you get more singing along and the locker room emptying and stuff as seen in the full video and ciampa staying to hug anyone who wanted a hug

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kids named Owen=good for business, apparently

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Super No Vacancy posted:

the over/under for new aaw vods that come out before bola dvds ship is 5.5

The over/under for how many burgers a McDonalds can make before you get served a filet mignon at a Ruth's Chris Steak House is 255.5

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

typical left coast elitism

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

One thing is true about both Reseda and Chicago: there's no pizza

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mob posted:

One thing is true about both Reseda and Chicago: there's no pizza

☝🏻️☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Super No Vacancy posted:

so he says thanks to aaw and the fans his confidence in himself has grown every month over the year he was doing that. and then 8 or 9 months into his make-or-break year, he had his first nxt live tour in milwaukee, green bay, and in chicago, and in chicago he got to wrestle sami zayn, a guy who he has wanted to wrestle forever, and he saw the same fans there that he's seen here over the last year

His match with Sami Zayn at that Chicago NXT show is still probably the best match I've ever seen live. It was honestly really awesome that he was some how getting dueling chants out of the crowd that night against Zayn.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Kyle O'Reilly- MMA ghost. Won in 2013. Will never wrestle Tommy End.

Reading this made me sad and pissed off at the same time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not gonna do a whole show report since long weekend and I don't have any work to avoid but

https://twitter.com/tachimukau_irie/status/771541229448245248

https://twitter.com/puroresueikaiwa/status/771549970457501698
https://twitter.com/puroresueikaiwa/status/771550355406532613

i was watching irie's face as he left the ring and headed to the back when the please come back chant started and he instantly lit up like a million watt bulb and rolled back into the ring to bow and it was probably the most adorable thing at a wrestling show ever

also cedric vs michael elgin was superb gotta check that one out. it's very much worked in the spirit of 'tons of false finishes = better match' but yeah stole the show on a show with a ton of talent

edit: silas vs zsj was also very good

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 3, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Irie is cool and deserves a lot of credit for taking Kota Ibushi's crazy loving move that makes the Burning Hammer look like a headlock

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Moving BOLA back a week has made the heat roughly a billion times more bearable, thank god

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

What was the live reaction when Sami ripped off Fenix's mask at the AAW show? I freaked the gently caress out when I read about it on twitter.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
BOLA status: Lit

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/771915997938720768

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/771943695033704448

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/771956889659838465

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

That dude passes out at PWG all the time

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

Someone saw him before the show and he was apparently shitfaced/barely lucid then too. My favorite thing is that Tommy End apparently almost dived ontop of him

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

Yeah I've seen that dude pass out there before.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Usually it's not for the whole show but if you watch the DVD he's always facing the hard cam in the front row and his head drops after intermission

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Last year prior to night 2 he had must of been already hosed up since he approached me at the hotel saying "aw man its good to see ya" and I just gave a fist bump to be polite. The guy knows how to party I guess.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Last year prior to night 2 he had must of been already hosed up since he approached me at the hotel saying "aw man its good to see ya" and I just gave a fist bump to be polite. The guy knows how to party I guess.

someone in Satin's mentions says the dude's parents fly him out to shows and stuff because he was at couple of NXT shows too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I know what it's like to get all carbed up and watch the graps