Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Space Ghost can't catch a break

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/771098494488702976

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Refusing to fight? That's a fine

Concern for fellow drivers? That's a fine

Putting a chase competitor you're racing against into the wall? That's quintessential NASCAR

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

gret posted:

I think the prayers are entertaining. Can't wait for the day they have an Iman lead the prayers.

No kidding, I'd be pleased about that. Or how about a Unitarian Universalist clergy?

Seriously, Spence getting fined is kind of the worst about NASCAR. They can't ever take intention into things.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
From the dirt track last week.

And after sitting in one...Yeah I can completely see why/how Tony hit that dude.

Also saving and will hopefully be doing a sprint school in December!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
badass, shame no VW midgets or Ford twin cams though

also that's a wingless sprint, imagine looking to your right and all you see is the wing, and it's dark and dusty

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

badass, shame no VW midgets or Ford twin cams though

also that's a wingless sprint, imagine looking to your right and all you see is the wing, and it's dark and dusty

all that, plus you're filled with incomprehensible rage

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

wicka posted:

all that, plus you're filled with incomprehensible rage

....and high on the weed, so you charge a superstar who doesn't even know you exist

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

....and high on the weed, so you charge a superstar who doesn't even know you exist

my idiot opinion is that people like tony are responsible not for hitting him but for making it look cool and good to stand out on a race track and yell at cars as they drive by

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I won't argue with that but literally all blame got put on Ward when he decided to jump in a race car after smoking weed

all of it, every loving bit

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

can't disagree with that

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

VikingSkull posted:

I won't argue with that but literally all blame got put on Ward when he decided to jump in front of a race car after smoking weed

all of it, every loving bit

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

It's beating a dead horse at this point but that track looked underlit as gently caress too.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Possibly Chicken posted:

It's beating a dead horse at this point but that track looked underlit as gently caress too.

How was Edwards involved in this?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

yall seem to have a harder time accepting that tony killed a dude than tony did

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tony Stewart brutally murdered someone with a race car.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kevin Ward was a false flag

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Kevin Ward is still alive! I spotted him at a gas station outside of Cleveland!

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

NASCAR 2016 (Spring): The wrong season isn't the weirdest thing in the thread

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Alain Post posted:

Hey now, it's not like he had a history of being a violent psychopath

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Possibly Chicken posted:

A bit, but that's pretty normal. Our track here is pretty loving well lit, but the outsides of the turns are still pretty dark. Especially when you're in a car.

This is turn 4, turns 1 and 2 are nowhere near this well lit.

https://youtu.be/s-3j382SdvU

https://youtu.be/k7pjwOwYsW8

Edit: also the laugh in the first video is because my friend got hit right in the Adam's apple with a gently caress off huge hunk of clay with a rock in it.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 2, 2016

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Alain Post posted:

When he retires hes gonna drive winged sprints through the windows of his enemies

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

All on-track activity for tomorrow has been cancelled due to Hurricane Hermine.

In other news:

https://twitter.com/TonyStewart/status/771463530046423040

https://twitter.com/The_BTay17/status/771463695021072384

He's going to quit Twitter out of frustration and we're going to lose things like live fireworks wars because of a few chromosome deficient internet douchebikes who've never had their manparts touched, aren't we? :(

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'd be cool with not having to read Tony Stewart's stupid tweets about Colin Kaepernick ever again personally

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The only NASCAR twitters you need to follow are Landon Cassill and NASFACTS

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

even disregarding kevin ward, tony stewart is a world-class lovely person, why he thinks he should be calling out anyone via social media is...well, totally expected

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'd be cool with not having to read Tony Stewart's stupid tweets about Colin Kaepernick ever again personally

So don't follow him on twitter.

That's pretty drat funny both ways though.

Edit: yall stop talking bad about Tony :( He's been nice as gently caress every time I've met him, even when I was like 5 and he was in a sprint car.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

So don't follow him on twitter.

I don't, people keep posting his stupid loving tweets in here

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
dont worry theres plenty of other idiots on twitter for you to folliow

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Jr. Is out the rest of the year :smith:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Junyer done for the season. Gordon and Bowman to continue to split the schedule.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2016/09/02/dale-earnhardt-jr-concussion/89764090/

e- fb

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'll be amazed if he doesn't announce retirement soon.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Remaining schedule for the 88:

Sept. 4, Darlington Raceway -- Jeff Gordon*
Sept. 10, Richmond International Raceway -- Jeff Gordon

Sept. 18, Chicagoland Speedway -- Alex Bowman
Sept. 25, New Hampshire Motor Speedway -- Alex Bowman
Oct. 2, Dover International Speedway -- Jeff Gordon
Oct. 8, Charlotte Motor Speedway -- Alex Bowman
Oct. 16, Kansas Speedway -- Alex Bowman
Oct. 23, Talladega Superspeedway -- Alex Bowman
Oct. 30, Martinsville Speedway -- Jeff Gordon
Nov. 6, Texas Motor Speedway -- Alex Bowman
Nov. 13, Phoenix International Raceway -- Alex Bowman
Nov. 20, Homestead-Miami Speedway -- Alex Bowman

*Previously announced

Looks to me like it's shaking out how a theoretical Jeff Gordon 2016 limited schedule would've shaken out- Darlington, Richmond, Dover, and Martinsville. Alex Bowman not having a ride at the start of the year may have been the greatest disappointment of his career, because he's getting the lion's share of a top flight ride.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I don't know why they're bothering with Gordon being in the car at all still

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

kidcoelacanth posted:

Eh give him a few final races before I'd say he's probably done with cup.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Me neither but apart from the previously announced maybe they said you get first pick of what you want to race for the rest of the year.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

If I'm a sponsor stuck spending Dale Jr money to sponsor that car, you sure as gently caress better get someone in there that gets me more visibility than Alex Bowman. I don't care if Bowman is the future of your team, I'm worried about the present of my dollars, considering without Juinior I'm either not reupping next year or drastically reducing what I'm paying anyway.

Gordon? Thatll do.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Cygni posted:

If I'm a sponsor stuck spending Dale Jr money to sponsor that car, you sure as gently caress better get someone in there that gets me more visibility than Alex Bowman. I don't care if Bowman is the future of your team, I'm worried about the present of my dollars, considering without Juinior I'm either not reupping next year or drastically reducing what I'm paying anyway.

Gordon? Thatll do.

Hi there thanks for posting the correct answer!

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

The bad news on page 88, no less.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

There's probably at least a little "trophy or steering wheel" mindset with the 88 team at this point and nine Grandfather Clocks don't lie. Probably should've been 10 if he didn't try to cheat the timing lines in last year's Spring race.

I'm surprised he's only running 4 of 12, to be honest. I figured they'd split them.

e- Historical context:

Cygni posted:

Gordon? Thatll do.

This is why Darrell Waltrip ended up in the 1 in 1998 after Steve Park got hurt.

DW said in his book he later found out that Pennzoil was severely underwhelmed by Park's performance before he got hurt and, after the injury, told Earnhardt "find us somebody who can run better". Pennzoil had been considering going with DW anyway for 1998 and suggested him, aware of the 17 team being about to fold- knowing he was in deep poo poo, Dale called basically begging DW to drive the car.

The #1 car DW ran at Bristol was actually a 17 car leased to DEI because Dale knew his short track cars were shitboxes.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cygni posted:

Gordon? Thatll do.

This is a good answer, ty

• Locked thread