Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Amazon has changed Valkyrie Drive's release date from September 16 to October 25th

FUUUUUUUCK :livintrope:
obviously trying to cash in on hype from DOAX3 VR mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Amazon has changed Valkyrie Drive's release date from September 16 to October 25th

Weaponized Lesbian Incest Sisters take time. Be patient, friend.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still says 16/9 for me :)

Oh man if only it came out on Tuesday....

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

nice

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:mad:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
btw akibas trip 3 is going to "be like persona" so there's that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The combat makes it look a bit like a Tales game too, I guess?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it yanks a similar aesthetic but it's going to play more like tales, really

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the combat is literally exactly like tales of xillia, to the point that several moves are the same

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

MisterAlex posted:

Okay, I'll admit my ignorance. What the heck movie is that from? :v:

In case you were curious about what I described and not the Turbo Teen gif, the movie is Adolescence of Utena. It's very bizarre even if you had watched its prequel/series it's based on. It's also one of my favorite things ever.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Are there any good vita shmups?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dariusburst is good and TxK if you don't mind a more western style one (it's pretty much an update of Tempest)

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Are we finally getting a portable Utena game?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

cheesetriangles posted:

Are there any good vita shmups?

Aside what's been mentioned already, I like Resogun and Soldner X2.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

oh. no. :geno:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
October 18th is Neptunia vs Sega Hard Girls so I'll be skipping the VD.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Dehry posted:

Good choice.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Txn posted:

Are we finally getting a portable Utena game?

wouldnt that be a racing game

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Dehry posted:

I will buy this to support the hard girls, not nep

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

There was a visual novel released on the Saturn that looks cool. But I don't think it will ever exist on any other platform ever

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Chroma Squad is coming to Vita next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8rzGA1Y57k

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

There was a visual novel released on the Saturn that looks cool. But I don't think it will ever exist on any other platform ever

it did get fan translated tho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this game has a really cool gimmick but the plot is weird and poorly written (it's hard to tell what parts of it are the show-within-a-show and which parts of it are legit the heroes fighting to save the world) and combat gets sort of repetitive. it isn't bad though.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo that's fantastic, I played through part of it on my computer and enjoyed it a lot but it'll be an even better Vita game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

Squeenix did a racing game JRPG where the random encounters were races

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

this game has a really cool gimmick but the plot is weird and poorly written (it's hard to tell what parts of it are the show-within-a-show and which parts of it are legit the heroes fighting to save the world) and combat gets sort of repetitive. it isn't bad though.

The studio behind it are not native English speakers IIRC and they didn't actually get someone good to localize the translation which is sad because the jokes behind it aren't bad, they just really need editing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
There's also the ChroroQ games and Final Lap Twin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRLYveP-VLA

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's been discovered that there is some save corruption with the current Vita game dumper and they're now waiting for a new release.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I heard that apparently there's a tower defence game on vita/ps4 in which you protect a city from various kaiju. Sounds interesting but I have no idea what the name of it is though.

This sound familiar to anyone? Or have I just imagined it?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Nyeehg posted:

So I heard that apparently there's a tower defence game on vita/ps4 in which you protect a city from various kaiju. Sounds interesting but I have no idea what the name of it is though.

Aegis of Earth?

Edit: Hey, it's pretty cheap in the UK for some reason.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 3, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The studio behind it are not native English speakers IIRC and they didn't actually get someone good to localize the translation which is sad because the jokes behind it aren't bad, they just really need editing.
Yeah, that makes sense. Hopefullly the vita version gets someone to do a pass on the dialogue at the very least, I'd pony up for a retranslation.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i bought project diva x and i've spent more time watching the videos than playing the songs. i guess i'm...growing up?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Nyeehg posted:

It's Aegis of Earth and you basically build towers on a circle grid you can rotate around the city. It's not a bad game, it's just not particularly good. For ~$10-15 bucks it's worth a shot.

Platinuming it is pretty easy if you care about that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm replaying multiple hours of Cold Steel because I am a crazy person and bad at making saves

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
starting DR2 and uh

what

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

starting DR2 and uh

what

yeah

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Finished Ys VIII. Took me 45 hours in all, got 100% of the map and most of the other stuff. It really grew on me to the point where I might get the PS4 version next year and have a run through in Nightmare difficulty for the platinum. I don't see myself doing it on Vita as it gets a bit framey at times.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

I'm replaying multiple hours of Cold Steel because I am a crazy person and bad at making saves

same

I started on Hard this time and almost had a party wipe to Poms on the first floor of the old schoolhouse :lol:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

uiruki posted:

Finished Ys VIII. Took me 45 hours in all, got 100% of the map and most of the other stuff. It really grew on me to the point where I might get the PS4 version next year and have a run through in Nightmare difficulty for the platinum. I don't see myself doing it on Vita as it gets a bit framey at times.

I missed some of the map stuff because I think I messed up some timed sidequests as I can't read or understand any Japanese but I still managed something like 95+%. I'll definitely buy it on PS4 if it gets localized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

Aegis of Earth?

Edit: Hey, it's pretty cheap in the UK for some reason.

Stanos posted:

It's Aegis of Earth and you basically build towers on a circle grid you can rotate around the city. It's not a bad game, it's just not particularly good. For ~$10-15 bucks it's worth a shot.

Platinuming it is pretty easy if you care about that.

That's the one.

At that price it's worth a punt. Honestly I'm just glad I didn't imagine it. Thanks everyone!