Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kira's got 2 Stands

One for exploding and one for exploding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
S-H-I-T

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I forgot how much I wanted to slap Koichi for his attitude in the early part of this arc. He gets a Stand, so he thinks he's hot S-H-I-T, and gets Jotaro in trouble. Echoes Act 3 makes up for it, though. Good episode, though. A+!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Echoes Act 3 is basically the personification of everything Koichi thinks is cool. This episode is just two huge nerds fighting a bomb tank.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Echo is gonna end up a full character at this rate. It's already able to think for itself.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

man koichi really is a screechy fucker, huh? I hope the English dub is easier on the ears.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Butt Ghost posted:

I hope the English dub is easier on the ears.
haha

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sheer heart attack is basically just an added ability, kind of like star finger or abdul's weird fire star thing that sensed life right before he ate it in dio's house near the end of part 3

except in this case it's basically just something that causes explosions as well so it makes marginally more sense. and it has the intelligence of a rock

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shiia Haato Attacko... jakuten wa nai!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Isn't it literally just formed by detaching Queen's hand?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Nitrousoxide posted:

Isn't it literally just formed by detaching Queen's hand?

i don't remember exactly but it's very much tied to killer queen's hand, and kira's by extension. which is why kira is currently having the Funtime Heavy Hand Adventures out in public

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's detached from the hand, not the hand itself.

Kind of interesting how Kira has a fetish for hands and that the ability tied to his own hand can't transmit damage.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Butt Ghost posted:

man koichi really is a screechy fucker, huh? I hope the English dub is easier on the ears.

Odds are Koichi's gonna be voiced by Bryce Pappenbrook so your wish will not be granted.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SHA shoots out from Killer Queen's hand the same way Iron Man shoots those tiny missiles from his.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So we've got a Stand that can talk to its owner now? Sweet.
What's up with Heart Attack? Is it an attack Killer Queen uses or somehow Kira has a second Stand? Or is this just not something we're supposed to know yet?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
you can the shape of sha from KQ's back hand.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Augus posted:

What's up with Heart Attack? Is it an attack Killer Queen uses or somehow Kira has a second Stand? Or is this just not something we're supposed to know yet?

It's a secondary ability, like how Kakyoin had possession and Emerald Splash, or how Jotaro has super speed/strength/precision and time stop. Kira called it his "second bomb" in the previous episode.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Augus posted:

It's an ability of Killer Queen. His "Second Bomb"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's an ability of Killer Queen's, but also technically a second Stand. It has different stats from Killer Queen, even.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kurtofan posted:

you can the shape of sha from KQ's back hand.

Yeah, you're right. I guess he detaches part of Killer Queen's body and then has it turn itself into a bomb (and also gain wheels, a basic AI, and thermal goggles for some reason)?

"S-H-I-T" was a fun bit by the way.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's an ability of Killer Queen's, but also technically a second Stand. It has different stats from Killer Queen, even.

It's a sub-stand, which is another exception Araki wrote in similar to Echoes' ACTs that basically gives him an excuse to give one character multiple stands without actually breaking the rules.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Shiia Haato Attacko... jakuten wa nai!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Extremely rude, very wrong.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Jotaro makes really good use of stopping time in this arc.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's kind of funny how convenient it is that Koichi has two different abilities that were able to get around Sheer Heart Attack's power. :allears:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Jotaro makes really good use of stopping time in this arc.

Yeah, that campfire he built in the stopped time was a blast.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I really like how hosed up sheer heart attack is by the time it takes out Jotaro, too.

Like if Koichi hadn't been a gently caress-up, it's believable Jotaro could have finally cracked it open.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's somewhat expected really, but the old "show the old protagonist getting hosed up to establish the threat level" really works well here. Nothing can really touch Jotaro in SDC, other than DIO and Ratt was serious, but it wasn't that threatening with Josuke there. Having something that totally annihilates Star Platinum/Jotaro once it gets a good shot in and can take its beatings is scary as hell.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
No dignity

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/moimoo88/status/771360567227326464

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If you think Sheer Heart Attack has a weakness, I'd advise you to look over there

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's somewhat expected really, but the old "show the old protagonist getting hosed up to establish the threat level" really works well here. Nothing can really touch Jotaro in SDC, other than DIO and Ratt was serious, but it wasn't that threatening with Josuke there. Having something that totally annihilates Star Platinum/Jotaro once it gets a good shot in and can take its beatings is scary as hell.

It's the Pillar Men and Hamon all over again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Potential weaknesses of Sheer Heart Attack:
1. Too cool
2. Too great
3. Especially excellent.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Augus posted:

There actually was one earlier in Part 4. Remember that Surface actually sassed Hazamada while in the guise of Josuke. It's the source of a classic Duwang line:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDJ_lSA3Wc

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
I laughed out loud when koichi thought his stand died for a second time

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

How many more evolutions until echo turns into Cell?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

He's been Gohan and Cell all along. I'm not sure how the timings align specifically for the chapters of the two manga to say it's fair to even consider this to be intended but you can even read Jotaro getting blown up here to be similar to Gohan getting cocky as a Super Saiyan 2 and refusing to listen to Goku, which ultimately killed Goku and Gohan realised it too late.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

But it turns into Meruem at Act 15.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
I'm so glad DP played Stardust Crusaders during the Star Platinum beatdowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I think you quoted the wrong post, I wasn't making a joke

TriffTshngo posted:

Odds are Koichi's gonna be voiced by Bryce Pappenbrook so your wish will not be granted.
I met Bryce, he's a nice dude

• Locked thread