Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rutibex posted:

One will become more canon, if Goku ever uses Kaio Ken SSJ Blue again. Though I think the fact that the comic dropped it means we won't see it again :(

vegito will use it and be fine somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

It does. In the previous chapter, Trunks points out that his Time Machine is fixed to a certain amount of time that can't be changed to stop him from going into an alternate timeline, so the same amount of time passed in the present and future, unless I'm misunderstanding (it's a Mangastream translation, I wouldn't be surprised).

If that were the case, how did Cell manage to go back in time a year before Trunks first arrived?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The tie in writer remembered even less about DBZ than Akira.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I'm throwing my hat in the ring for Vegeta having a daughter. If a bad guy even farts in their direction Vegeta will freak the gently caress out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vegeta being a total sap with baby Bra and melting like Gohan does around Pan when no-one is around to see it would be an amazing episode, make it happen Super.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
A whole episode of him trying to overcome his face being scary to Bra

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Vegeta being a total sap with baby Bra and melting like Gohan does around Pan when no-one is around to see it would be an amazing episode, make it happen Super.

Vegeta projecting the tough badman facade to his pals and pretending he doesn't care about Bra but when no one is looking he does silly faces to his baby daughter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

An episode where he has to swallow his pride and suck up to Piccolo for being a good dad tips.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why do you all want Vegeta to become a mother hen figure?

Doesn't Dragonball have enough? It's 90% "cute with kids" stuff already.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

I am perfectly okay with DBS being 100% Cute With Kids.

Give me my show about aging superheroes playing with babies.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I am perfectly okay with DBS being 100% Cute With Kids.

Give me my show about aging superheroes playing with babies.
Dragon Ball Super, a film by Yasujiro Ozu.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

sassassin posted:

Doesn't Dragonball have enough?

No.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Tbh I wish vegeta and family at the theme park should have been an episode about vegeta softening up and saving people when a rollercoaster derailed but that's just me. Similar to a driving cars episode I guess.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

sassassin posted:

Dragonball Slice of Life is great.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Marky Marx posted:

Tbh I wish vegeta and family at the theme park should have been an episode about vegeta softening up and saving people when a rollercoaster derailed but that's just me.

Yes, that's the good stuff.

And you gotta have the obligatory scene where a tough looking angry dude starts bragging about his strength and high score on one of those "swing the mallet and win a prize" games. After sizing up and poo poo-talking scholar Gohan, Baby Pan gets pissed. She takes the mallet in her hands, and breaks the machine (and the high score) on the first try. As the tough looking dude tries to run, Krillin catches him by the ear and shakes his head disapprovingly.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Vegeta going from dickbag to father of the year is one of the best subplots in anime, I'd say

Also Bra being the next great jobber is too good to pass up

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

And it only took seeing his son die right in front of him to snap out of being such an rear end in a top hat.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Jedah posted:

Yes, that's the good stuff.

And you gotta have the obligatory scene where a tough looking angry dude starts bragging about his strength and high score on one of those "swing the mallet and win a prize" games. After sizing up and poo poo-talking scholar Gohan, Baby Pan gets pissed. She takes the mallet in her hands, and breaks the machine (and the high score) on the first try. As the tough looking dude tries to run, Krillin catches him by the ear and shakes his head disapprovingly.

I am 90% certain this actually happened at the end of the DBZ anime, except with Pan and Goku instead of Gohan.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

StrifeHira posted:

I am 90% certain this actually happened at the end of the DBZ anime, except with Pan and Goku instead of Gohan.

At the end of DBZ, I remember Pan beating up some tough looking guy during the tournament. She made quick work of him, then slapped him out of the ring. I just like the idea that Gohan has become mild-mannered, and now his baby daughter is the muscle.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

battle of gods superceedes super in canon because toryiama actually wrote the script

this is also why the bojack movie is tots canon

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Stairmaster posted:

battle of gods superceedes super in canon because toryiama actually wrote the script

this is also why the bojack movie is tots canon

Bojack was written by Toriyama? He kind of dropped the ball there.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Covok posted:

Bojack was written by Toriyama? He kind of dropped the ball there.

Seems like there's a lot of hate for Bojack, but the pay-off at the end of the movie was satisfying. Gohan absolutely shredded those fools, and there was that incredibly awesome scene where Gohan powered up, and blew away all the "strings" attached to him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It has the same problem as a lot of the movies, it was rehashing the source material.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Having just watched Broly this past week it was honestly fun to just watch Broly wreck everyone :v:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My favourite part of the Broly movie is the bit where he kills his dad in the Big Green dub because I love Paragus's ridiculously flowery dialogue.

"Perish at the hands of my own son! Not that! Why has destiny conspired against me so tragically?!"

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Now I want Dragon Ball: The Play, full of flowery dialogue.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

mmkay posted:

If that were the case, how did Cell manage to go back in time a year before Trunks first arrived?

He's literally from a third timeline.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

pik_d posted:

He's literally from a third timeline.

Yeah, the way it works is this:

A) The original timeline (Bad End, all the Androids kill everyone.)
B) A second timeline. Trunks goes to the future, kills Frieza. He returns later, the Androids escape, Trunk gets an android shut down machine and goes back to the future to use it. In this timeline Cell kills Trunks.
C) The third timeline, where Trunks goes to the future, kills Frieza, he returns later, the Androids escape, Cell being around means everything goes off track.

This also means that there's *technically* a DBZ timeline out there where the Android Saga happened without Cell showing up.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That shouldn't matter as the third timeline plays by the same rules for timetravel

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So, if both the manga and anime are equally cannon, what happens when they make Dragonball Super 2: gently caress GT.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I mean depending on longevity and power creep and Super Saiyan Blue 3 etc. it'll be non-canon regardless

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I liked the first part of bojack where it was a fun tournament between friends in silly environments but the second half where it rehashes the end of the cell saga is kind of a bummer

it fits with gohan's character that he'd need someone to help him not suck tho

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm looking forward to Abridged Bojack because A: we get dumb pirate impressions and B: it's the last of the movies, to my memory, which holds together even remotely, after that it's borderline gibberish like the Broly sequels and Hirudegarn and I want to see what they do with THOSE.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I want to see what they do with Broly, as it's just plot dump then one large fight scene.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Come to think of it, maybe they'll actually just edit Bio-Broly movie into the Android 18 Show Starring Android 18 (I can dream).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rodyle posted:

I'm looking forward to Abridged Bojack because A: we get dumb pirate impressions and B: it's the last of the movies, to my memory, which holds together even remotely, after that it's borderline gibberish like the Broly sequels and Hirudegarn and I want to see what they do with THOSE.

I always forget the fact they been setting up Bojack for years.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
TFS pays attention to continuity, no matter how little sense it makes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Fusion Reborn?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

TFS pays attention to continuity, no matter how little sense it makes.

Them editing Yamcha out of the History of Trunks was so hilariously dark because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

El Burbo posted:

Pilaf literally doomed the future

Where is this from anyway? and is there more / one with english

• Locked thread