Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How much of an upgrade is Brady over Dalton? Guy in my league is making Brady available and I'm debating over making a draft pick + spare RB offer

Standard scoring, 4pt TD if it matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

89 posted:

Rotoworld is reporting that Spencer Ware will indeed open as the starting RB Week 1 over Charles.

Not that this matters though. The big question is will Charles play at all.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

IcePhoenix posted:

How much of an upgrade is Brady over Dalton? Guy in my league is making Brady available and I'm debating over making a draft pick + spare RB offer

Dynasty? Brady is old and could retire or fall apart at any moment.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

I have a "Who do I drop" question. I never draft Defense, Kicker, or Defensive players, so I'm going to have to drop 4 guys from my bench in order to fill the DEF, K, Defensive Player, and Defensive Back positions before week 1. I'd like some advice as to who I should drop.

My team:
QB- Wilson
RB- Bell (K)
RB- Elliot
WR- Nelson (K)
WR- Watkins
WR- Tate
FLEX- Langford
TE- Ertz
B- John Brown
B- DeAngelo Williams
B- Marvin Jones
B- Matt Jones
B- Sterling Shepard
B- Emannuel Sanders
B- Bilal Powell
B- Devin Funchess
B- Willie Snead
B- Deandre Washington

My last 4 picks were Powell, Funchess, Snead, and Washington so I'm leaning towards dropping them.

*Note* Due to trades, my last pick out of an 18th round draft was round 12 - So I should probably look at packaging some or all of these 4 players for a pick or player in return right? I know they will probably get scooped off waivers immediately

Thoughts? Also if ya'll wanna rate my team go ahead even though this isn't the thread for that :)

:siren:UPDATE:siren:

So I have since traded Tate+Powell for 2017 5th round pick, and Deandre Washington for a 2017 15th round pick. (I was able to pick up Rams DEF, Vinatieri, and NaVorro Bowman) I have to trade or drop one more player to make room for my Defensive Back slot. Who's the least valuable to me between these guys?

B- Matt Jones
B- Sterling Shepard
B- Emannuel Sanders
B- Devin Funchess
B- Willie Snead

I'm leaning Snead. Thoughts?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Dynasty? Brady is old and could retire or fall apart at any moment.

Keeper, but we keep exactly four and I don't keep QBs unless they're Newton/Rodgers tier because you can do things like draft Andy Dalton in the last round.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Not an upgrade. Dalton and Brady had very similar per game scoring last year. Dalton's could certainly drop this year, but Brady is missing 4 games. Last year was also far better than Brady put up the previous two years, so him returning and resuming his 2015 numbers is not at all a given.

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.

Spoeank posted:

Fantasy Pros has some of the best content on the web.

Because a small amount of it is mine.

The podcast is pretty good too, and getting better every week!

Because I produce it.

Any suggestions for how we can make it better?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RVProfootballer posted:

Not an upgrade. Dalton and Brady had very similar per game scoring last year. Dalton's could certainly drop this year, but Brady is missing 4 games. Last year was also far better than Brady put up the previous two years, so him returning and resuming his 2015 numbers is not at all a given.

Thanks, I was leaning that way anyway but hearing it from someone who also provided numbers makes me feel better about it.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

insideoutsider posted:

The podcast is pretty good too, and getting better every week!

Because I produce it.

Any suggestions for how we can make it better?

If I'm honest, I think you folks need to casually namedrop the Central Limit Theorem more.

I just so happen to have a four thousand word treatise on the applications of the Central Limit Theorem to fantasy football, I'm sure people would love it I hear long-form Socratic dialogues about opaque statistical concepts are really in right now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

IllegallySober posted:

I'd also like to know this but for a championship belt instead. I know I could just buy a WWE one or whatever but somebody's gotta make them, right?

Bought mine from http://www.undisputedbelts.com and proudly wore it to draft day last year. It turned people's heads (they were probably laughing but I had my big gold belt and didn't give a drat.) :)

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.

Forever_Peace posted:

If I'm honest, I think you folks need to casually namedrop the Central Limit Theorem more.

I just so happen to have a four thousand word treatise on the applications of the Central Limit Theorem to fantasy football, I'm sure people would love it I hear long-form Socratic dialogues about opaque statistical concepts are really in right now.

I think that was touched on in our latest baseball podcast in relation to hitting streaks.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
what defense should i pick

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
jags right?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I understand that Charles isn't starting week 1, but this dude in one of my leagues is trading him straight up for Tavon Austin.

uh what

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Jesus christ send out your JCharles buy-low offers now I guess, everybody.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Forever_Peace posted:

Jesus christ send out your JCharles buy-low offers now I guess, everybody.

Too many Chiefs fans in my leagues.

:shrug:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So i got my draft tomorrow that has 2 keepers. The draft order is set by last seasons standings, 7th got 1st pick and 1st gets 12th. I ended 5th in my first year in the league and have the 8th pick.

full PPR and start QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/WRT/K/DEF

I'm keeping Gurley for a 5th and Jordy for a 10th. Only other 1st round ADP players being kept are David Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins.

Now i'm thinking this is how the first 7 picks go...

AB84
ODB
Julio
AP
Gronk
AJ Green
Lamar? hopefully Ezekiel

Who would you guys target at 8th here? I'd defo go Lamar if he's still there, but if he's not i'm sorta indecisive with the options left.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Speaking of bad trade offers, I just got

My
Derek Carr
Lamar Miller

His
Aaron Rodgers
Carlos Hyde

Edit:
Also is there any news on who is gonna take the no. 1 tight end spot for the NYG?

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 3, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

VietCampo posted:

So i got my draft tomorrow that has 2 keepers. The draft order is set by last seasons standings, 7th got 1st pick and 1st gets 12th. I ended 5th in my first year in the league and have the 8th pick.

full PPR and start QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/WRT/K/DEF

I'm keeping Gurley for a 5th and Jordy for a 10th. Only other 1st round ADP players being kept are David Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins.

Now i'm thinking this is how the first 7 picks go...

AB84
ODB
Julio
AP
Gronk
AJ Green
Lamar? hopefully Ezekiel

Who would you guys target at 8th here? I'd defo go Lamar if he's still there, but if he's not i'm sorta indecisive with the options left.

Gurley/Jordy gives you a good amount of flexibility. Consensus ranking would probably be Miller, then Allen Robinson. You really couldn't be faulted for taking either guy.

I personally might break for LeVeon Bell early here. He's normally a reach at 8 because you still need to start 2 RBs for those first three weeks, so taking LeVeon almost forces you to reach on both your RB2 and on DWill. But since you already have Gurley, you just pick up your next RB as normal - you start Gurley and the other guy for the first three weeks, then slot LeVeon into your full ppr RB2 slot and bump the other guy to FLEX and Bye-week duties. By week four, your starters would look something like Gurley/Bell/Jordy/Evans/Doug Martin, and that's only considering your top 3 picks (plus the keepers).

The other "offbeat" approach to consider is Keenan. All those targets would give your team a nice floor if Gurley continues to have the occasional misfire.

The positional scarcity might help you narrow it down here. Are other folks mostly keeping RBs, or WRs?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

OxySnake posted:

My
Derek Carr
Lamar Miller

His
Aaron Rodgers
Carlos Hyde

Edit:
Also is there any news on who is gonna take the no. 1 tight end spot for the NYG?

Maybe I'm lower on Miller than most, but that doesn't seem too terrible to me. Especially if Hyde can thrive in Kelly's system.

Seems Donnell has the edge currently, but he and Tye may cannibalize each other.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

OxySnake posted:

My
Derek Carr
Lamar Miller

His
Aaron Rodgers
Carlos Hyde

Edit:

I think Donnell is more likely, per rotoworld blurbs on the two, but doesn't seem super set yet.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cervixalot posted:

Maybe I'm lower on Miller than most, but that doesn't seem too terrible to me. Especially if Hyde can thrive in Kelly's system.

Seems Donnell has the edge currently, but he and Tye may cannibalize each other.

You are lower on Miller than most.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Gurley/Jordy gives you a good amount of flexibility. Consensus ranking would probably be Miller, then Allen Robinson. You really couldn't be faulted for taking either guy.

I personally might break for LeVeon Bell early here. He's normally a reach at 8 because you still need to start 2 RBs for those first three weeks, so taking LeVeon almost forces you to reach on both your RB2 and on DWill. But since you already have Gurley, you just pick up your next RB as normal - you start Gurley and the other guy for the first three weeks, then slot LeVeon into your full ppr RB2 slot and bump the other guy to FLEX and Bye-week duties. By week four, your starters would look something like Gurley/Bell/Jordy/Evans/Doug Martin, and that's only considering your top 3 picks (plus the keepers).

The other "offbeat" approach to consider is Keenan. All those targets would give your team a nice floor if Gurley continues to have the occasional misfire.

The positional scarcity might help you narrow it down here. Are other folks mostly keeping RBs, or WRs?

Not sure about others exact, but i for sure know Bmarsh, Devonta Freeman, and Kelvin Benjamin are also being kept.

At this moment i'm just really hoping someone jumps on Ezekiel and Lamar falls to me. Hadn't thought about Leveon, but that is a good point.

Thinking best case would be Lamar in the 1st and Keenan in the 2nd?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 3, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

kiimo posted:

You are lower on Miller than most.

With the Texans o-line crumbling, and the average track record of most high profile free agent signings not living up to expectations, i'm totally fine with avoiding him at his way too high draft cost.

I mean, id take the Carr/Miller side of that deal too, but its not a totally preposterous offer imo.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Miller was criminally underused in Miami and didn't have great lines there either. Every time he touched the ball 20 times, Miami won. Guess how many times they did that?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think it is super reductionist to say Miller's carries are correlated to Miami's wins. Yes he was underused and yes the line in Miami is trash so your one point is valid but Miami has plenty of other problems that hold it back. Texans defense is surprisingly less beastly than you'd expect.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Run more to keep the D off the field.

The coaching staff in Miami were incredibly inept and for some reason they didn't like Miller who is Cool and Good and is going to be really drat good this year barring injury.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

IllegallySober posted:

I'd also like to know this but for a championship belt instead. I know I could just buy a WWE one or whatever but somebody's gotta make them, right?

https://www.undisputedbelts.com/products/fantasy-football-championship-belt?variant=225569526

My friends and I use it as a rotating championship belt, which has been mine for two years straight. :smug:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

LmaoTheKid posted:

Run more to keep the D off the field.

The coaching staff in Miami were incredibly inept and for some reason they didn't like Miller who is Cool and Good and is going to be really drat good this year barring injury.

3 different coaching staffs in Miami didn't give him a full workload.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

I think you mean 1 and a quarter coaching staffs?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Cervixalot posted:

Christ I forgot about that. Was it really that many?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

Christ I forgot about that. Was it really that many?

Not sure, Philbin was hired in Jan 2012 and Lamar was drafted a few months later and Philbin wasn't fired until halfway through last season. But even then his replacement was someone who worked under Philbin.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 3, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LmaoTheKid posted:

Miller was criminally underused in Miami and didn't have great lines there either. Every time he touched the ball 20 times, Miami won. Guess how many times they did that?

Eight times per year?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

Eight times per year?

They 8-8 until they were full.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

LmaoTheKid posted:

They 8-8 until they were full.

:perfect:

Also Im thinking Miller is gonna end up in the top 5 of RBs this year. My RB depth is already shaky (Bernard, Melvin Gordon, Jerick McKinnon) so down grading at this time seemed like a ridiculouas dea.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

LmaoTheKid posted:

Logic fail.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The theory out of Miami was that Miller didn't have the endurance to handle bellcow duty + lots of touches all year. That theory was never tested, though.

I like Miller a lot this year but I think he's riskier than people seem to be willing to admit. Not just the ordinary risk of injury for a bellcow RB (which is high), but the risk of running out of gas at the end of the regular season when fantasy is in playoffs, and the risks correlated with Texans being a Bad Team in general.

I have Miller on my dynasty team and am OK with him costing me $47 towards my cap, but... just OK, and I have a lot of trepidation about that. In a redraft league I'd be looking to him at the end of the first round, but I'd take Charles over him for sure.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
It's probably confirmation bias, but I'm always weary of the new FA additions supposedly stepping into cushy gigs. I can't remember the last one that worked out, but I'm also not trying really hard. I don't think Miller is going to be DeMarco in Philly, but I have a really hard time buying into him at his ADP. I definitely think top-10 is easily in reach if he can handle the load (which as stated, we have no positive nor negative evidence of such), but I think there's too much risk that could very easily be actualized for me to buy in to top-5 hype

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

On the plus side, he's got a lot of tread left on the tires to prove himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

It's probably confirmation bias, but I'm always weary of the new FA additions supposedly stepping into cushy gigs. I can't remember the last one that worked out, but I'm also not trying really hard. I don't think Miller is going to be DeMarco in Philly, but I have a really hard time buying into him at his ADP. I definitely think top-10 is easily in reach if he can handle the load (which as stated, we have no positive nor negative evidence of such), but I think there's too much risk that could very easily be actualized for me to buy in to top-5 hype

Do you think moving teams as an established vet is any more or less risky than being a rookie or sophomore? Between Gurley, DJ, and Zeke, there are a lot of other high end RBs that haven't had multiple years with their current team. At what point does more time in the league playing at a high level, but in a different situation, outweigh more time in the current situation but much shorter resume overall? I'm honestly not really sure, but the two scenarios felt like they had some similarities.

• Locked thread