Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
It also can vary by region. We get a lot of folks claiming Blackfoot or Alaska Native ancestry, on top of Cherokee.

Freaquency posted:

Also the Cherokee Nation doesn't have any official way of proving your ancestry IIRC, making it easy to just claim it since no one can say otherwise.

e: they don't require an explicit blood quantum to join, so if you can claim a great-great-great ancestor that may have been 1/8th Cherokee you're as good as in.

The Cherokee Nation does require that you be the descendent of someone on the Dawes roll but that's it. United Keetowah, the Eastern Cherokee and other smaller Cherokee tribes on the other hand do, usually, have a blood quantum requirement (1/16 for Eastern Cherokee, 1/4 for United Keetowah, which also doesn't allow you to unenroll).

Tulalip Tulips has a new favorite as of 16:20 on Sep 2, 2016

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

This is not idiocy, this is art

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Good idea. Burn the church.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Is it supposed to be a workable tactic for youtubers on twitter to search for whatever people are tweeting about the game they make videos about and follow them hoping they would look at their profile and watch their stuff? I've had like 10 people follow after a tweet about a game they're specifically making content for.

I say this because there's no way people follow me because they like what I have to say. Even I hate me.

Edit: Oh my God,

Ularg has a new favorite as of 18:48 on Sep 2, 2016

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Am I reading this right? Did this guy seriously ask a girl "Hey, wanna go out in three months when you reach the legal age of consent?" :psyduck:

He's literally Quagmire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyV3HUFjmFM

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*pulls out handy flashcard of ages of consent in various states and countries*

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

It probably isn't a good idea to deny that you're a pedophile on a public website so that EVERYONE knows you've been accused of being one.
Also his "explanation" makes it worse.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Data Graham posted:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Can't imagine why you're single.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Admiral Joeslop posted:

No self-respecting woman would get within 20 feet of a guy who posts an image with that level compression artifacts.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Data Graham posted:

Michael Bay?

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Ularg posted:

Edit: Oh my God,

"Oh my God" was exactly my response as well. I hope this goes viral to increase her shame (with the names blocked out, but that doesn't prevent shame).

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly feel like this would be just as good in the schadenfreude thread.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

All of these people are obnoxious.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I don't know if I believe that, honestly, because I don't believe anyone read those books (besides me oh god I've outed myself)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Books? Surely you mean Mysteries of the Sith, right?

(Yes I know she's from books, but it's a good game)

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
Thanks for informing me about Cherokees!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Really really minor IoSM, on the local X-wing miniatures group page.

Just..scroll down a bit before you post something. :shrug:

Also Social Fixer works again, wooo.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I am glad cool Mara Jade nerd girl didn't even bother correcting that Fake Nerd Boy and his mouth-breather friend and just cut them out of her life.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

So disappointed there was no follow up.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

trickybiscuits posted:

"Oh my God" was exactly my response as well. I hope this goes viral to increase her shame (with the names blocked out, but that doesn't prevent shame).

I don't even understand what she was mad about. If she blamed the cop in whatever situation she mistook this for wouldn't she be glad people were putting up pictures of the victim for tribute/solidarity? Does she just not like being reminded of unpleasant news?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

People who sometimes want to do some things, but other times don't want to do other things?!

Holy poo poo how does that even work?!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If the introvert appears skittish let them smell your hand, and then offer them a sugar cube. If they accept the sugar cube you can gently attempt to stroke them on the snout

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Icing is literally just whipped sugar water plus maybe milk, butter, or egg white depending on how fancy you want to get. I guess the store bit tubs are probably oil-based like Cool Whip, but it's mostly just sugar.

Oh sure, I didn't think it'd ultimately harm it since icing is mostly sugar but it still seems like a kind of weird thing to do. I wasn't sure if maybe there was some precedent for it, like maybe it's something popularly done in some places, or something a tv show or movie character does, or somethin like that

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Aesop Poprock posted:

If the introvert appears skittish let them smell your hand, and then offer them a sugar cube. If they accept the sugar cube you can gently attempt to stroke them on the snout

You think minorities are discriminated against, wait till you hear about introverts!

(/s :v:)

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
I am an introvert, then I just decided to get drunk and that fixes all problems.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

MizPiz posted:

So disappointed there was no follow up.

quote:

My [23F] boyfriend [24M] of 4 months let his redpill friend [uncountableM] try to embarrass me and he didn't even stand up for me. Should we break up?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Tryin'a be hard selling his Pokemon cards is almost as hilarious as expecting people to send you an envelope of cash for an online transaction in TYOOL 2016.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Look at this nerd get really loving mad about video games. He must be strangling himself with his fedora to get off.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/50usqh/im_going_to_be_very_disappointed_if_we_dont_get/d77emu5

quote:

I'm gonna be disappointed if people like you don't be quiet. Dark Souls 2 wasn't canon which we were reminded of twice before the initial release of Dark Souls 3. Absent minded fools like you are one of the minor reasons the community is going downhill and to see this thread here makes me sick to my stomach. How do we stop people like you? I think for displaying the community as a ignorant force one of your characters in game should be deleted by fromsoftware. Of course this will not happen because those with a brain(me) are often ignored. Of course there of others too but you know the decline of logic and reasoning in the year of 2016.

Overall you should've just been quiet and know when you make a comment on something. Dark Souls 2 was in no way tied to Dark Souls 1 it was created by a team of idiots not the real one and therefore it is not canon as it was confirmed weeks later.

Sources: Common Sense

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Those are all commons.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So this this happened. It reads like shitthatdidn'thappen.txt and closetedman.txt :stare: Then devolves into his murder fantasies..

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Puppy Time posted:

This is not idiocy, this is art

Incidentally, I had a look at the page that was shared from and I think some people in this thread would probably get a kick out of it https://www.facebook.com/JustForLaughingAndJokes/

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I liked it. There's been a huge void since the Funny Man with Jokes and Laughing stopped posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Incidentally, I had a look at the page that was shared from and I think some people in this thread would probably get a kick out of it https://www.facebook.com/JustForLaughingAndJokes/
Thank you so much for this!