Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah that's a good answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also Jeff Gordon might win another Southern 500 in the Grey Ghost which is good

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Alex Bowman not having a ride at the start of the year may have been the greatest disappointment of his career, because he's getting the lion's share of a top flight ride.

And he's actually doing pretty drat good with it. How many guys have we wondered what might have been if they just got a shot in top flight equipment only to get in it and totally underwhelm? I hope he has better luck than he did at Michigan this past weekend going forward. It would be real cool if he even got a shot at winning one before the year went out but it has been fun watching him the couple races he's gotten in the 88 running around in the top 10 or top 5 just running a good, clean, professional race.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

NBCSN aired a documentary about Darlington tonight and I'm glad I saw it because it cleared up a couple things for me: it was Helton, not Brian France, who talked about the move of Labor Day from Darlington to California and the phrase was "Modernizing Tradition".

Naturally, Helton defended himself in it by saying "When I used the term Modernizing Tradition, what you do next is going to set a footprint that either becomes spectacular or just another footprint."

Smoke also implied that NASCAR "outgrew its shoes".

Somewhat related, apparently we're getting Squier-Jarrett-Jarrett for a bit again this year and that loving owns hard.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 3, 2016

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

All on-track activity for tomorrow has been cancelled due to Hurricane Hermine.

In other news:

https://twitter.com/TonyStewart/status/771463530046423040

https://twitter.com/The_BTay17/status/771463695021072384

He's going to quit Twitter out of frustration and we're going to lose things like live fireworks wars because of a few chromosome deficient internet douchebikes who've never had their manparts touched, aren't we? :(

Everyone loses in this kaepernick debate.

Everyone's a loser, and we should all feel ashamed is this a topic of discussion in the US.

(The debate of the "player" and "protest", not the debate about the topic which is something this country needs to address)

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Today, I set a January 10, 2017 release date for my J.D. McDuffie book.

I've been told at least four members of the 70 team will be in attendance at Darlington, including J.D.'s widow Ima Jean, and that the "Old Blue" hauler will be in the infield. :getin:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

NBCSN aired a documentary about Darlington tonight and I'm glad I saw it because it cleared up a couple things for me: it was Helton, not Brian France, who talked about the move of Labor Day from Darlington to California and the phrase was "Modernizing Tradition".

Naturally, Helton defended himself in it by saying "When I used the term Modernizing Tradition, what you do next is going to set a footprint that either becomes spectacular or just another footprint."

Smoke also implied that NASCAR "outgrew its shoes".

Somewhat related, apparently we're getting Squier-Jarrett-Jarrett for a bit again this year and that loving owns hard.

wait, what the gently caress did you just say? NED jarrett?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Could be ARCA star Jason Jarrett :iiam:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Could be ARCA star Jason Jarrett :iiam:

Star of the wildly successful Jarrett & Labonte series of racing simulations

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

That's gotta be one of the oddest endorsements for a video game ever. Was a very good game though.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Smokes crew has the coolest loving uniforms on.

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
Who cares about Jr. or Tony on Twitter...this happened!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

von Manstein posted:

This is amazing.

Also Kyle Larson is running the Marty Robbins car this weekend? HOW DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS!?!?!?!?!?!?1/1?1?1?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

von Manstein posted:

looks like double pneumonia to me

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Everyone loses in this kaepernick debate.

Everyone's a loser, and we should all feel ashamed is this a topic of discussion in the US.

(The debate of the "player" and "protest", not the debate about the topic which is something this country needs to address)

Not to mention the fact that we have to depend Colin loving Kaepernick.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Twitter tells me Elliott Sadler just Made A Name For Himself in NXS.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That kid is going places

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

It was a good finish and not Hamlin idgaf.

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
Tony in trouble again!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/nascar-driver-tony-stewart-gets-223231528.html

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Lol at that whole case

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

von Manstein posted:

Hell yes. And the car was GORGEOUS. Looked like a 1:1 scale Racing Champions diecast.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Wow, Sadler fended off a JGR Xfinity Blueballing to win that. Good on him.

Trucks from Mosport at 2:30 Eastern on FS1. I forgot, too.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wow, Sadler fended off a JGR Xfinity Blueballing to win that. Good on him.

Trucks from Mosport at 2:30 Eastern on FS1. I forgot, too.

Thanks, this beats the hell out of the annual PBS money grab (even if it is wrapped around a Downton Abbey marathon)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Junyer about to have a press conference. Not sure if it's just a reiteration of the season being over for him or if it's something more :ohdear:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

His voice is cracking as he talks, I think he's done.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Seems like it's just a reiteration of him being out this year. I think he'll be back next year but that might be it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SRA is third at Mosport right now, and they are yellow with less than 10 to go. Regardless of what happens, it's neat that he's running that well at a road course considering his lack of experience on them.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Dude's got a fast fuckin truck today, but Custer's got fresher tires so I dunno about a win here. Rad run so far regardless.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

How did they show SRA fourth on the ticker all the way through that last lap into caution? He was clearly third...

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

gently caress right the hell off, Cindric

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Nooooooo Mister Gooniverse

Edit CLOWNSHOES

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ban Cindric.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Well that was some bullshit

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Holy poo poo though

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oh....kay...

I thought Nemechek won, but maybe he didn't, in which case SRA would've won after all in theory and now Austin Cindric can suck my dick from the back.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Spencer would have won that loving race if he didn't get punted. Son of a loving bitch

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Slickdrac posted:

Well that was some major bullshit

If anyone deserved more to get knocked the gently caress out, it's Nemechek right now. That was video game crap

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 4, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

HOLY poo poo THAT'S COLE CUSTER!

WHERE DID HE COME FROM?

:vince:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Nemechek won, Hemric wasn't close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Nemechek wins unless NASCAR uses this to send a message. Hemric wasn't even close.

The irony of an 8 vehicle in NASCAR beating a JRM machine.

• Locked thread