Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kunster posted:

Glenn Greenwald has been also before with Chapo folk on a previous podcast. (I listened to this for a bit ages ago, can't provide the direct link since it's been out since Ferbuary)

Wait a second.... HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHHAHHHAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thanx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
Wait, billiards fool isn't real?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Deray is mayor of Baltimore and an experiment in native advertising that has gone out of control

Good to know that when I got that dick pic from Felix, he did not include all those Baseball Crank stickers in there on purpose.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
DeRay is not a community organizer, but is in truth one of the loa. Long ago, some nameless bokor trapped him within an enchanted puffy vest and bound him to the mortal world. The man who wears the vest is not DeRay, but merely the loa's cheval (horse, or "mount")---just the body DeRay wears for a time. When summoned, it is customary to offer him the traditional gifts of charter school reforms and official Twitter merchandise. Due to his history of poor messaging, he is believed to be an enemy of Papa Legba.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Deray has done some really valuable work reporting from the front lines of BLM-related protests.

His support for charter schools and TFA are unfortunate. Still, I think his earnest centrist demeanor makes him a compelling witness to police brutality and the related protests. Given the Trap House's failure to bring on a single BLM-affiliated guest and even, to my knowledge, a single black guest, it doesn't sit well with me when they go out of their way to poke fun at Deray, to be honest.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I think the format of Felix and Will being in the room with the guest while Matt phones in fucks with the dynamics of the show. I really wanted Matt to go in on calling Sam Hyde a loving fascist, but instead we got Brandon Wardell talking about how he got really obsessed with the concept of "irony." That one quiz they took proved Matt's the one true proletarian on the show anyway.

They need to have a black guest, and it's not like New York is lacking for options. I kind of want them to have Mariame Kaba (@prisonculture) on to talk Chicago politics and trash the Clintons.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
They need Brandon Wardell to get his friend @Deray to come on the show.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Deray has done a ton of work documenting protests that were under media blackout and police brutality and all, but yea its his charter school stance that really matters

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Deray has done a ton of work documenting protests that were under media blackout and police brutality and all, but yea its his charter school stance that really matters

I think everyone on the podcast/leftist twitter sphere agrees that Deray does a lot of genuinely good and fantastic and important journalism/activism, and also that his love of charter schools and the twitter brand is silly. That's why they don't threaten his imminent death or associate him with bizarre sexual pathology.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

I think the format of Felix and Will being in the room with the guest while Matt phones in fucks with the dynamics of the show. I really wanted Matt to go in on calling Sam Hyde a loving fascist, but instead we got Brandon Wardell talking about how he got really obsessed with the concept of "irony." That one quiz they took proved Matt's the one true proletarian on the show anyway.

They need to have a black guest, and it's not like New York is lacking for options. I kind of want them to have Mariame Kaba (@prisonculture) on to talk Chicago politics and trash the Clintons.

I'm not sure I would call Matt my *favorite* of the hosts because they all complement one another and that's what makes the show good, but I enjoy the episodes where Matt gets on a loving roll way more than the ones where he's kinda quiet, like yesterday's.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

GalacticAcid posted:

Given the Trap House's failure to bring on a single BLM-affiliated guest and even, to my knowledge, a single black guest, it doesn't sit well with me when they go out of their way to poke fun at Deray, to be honest.

Not a good look, Chapos. Do better.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cornflakes posted:

I'm not sure I would call Matt my *favorite* of the hosts because they all complement one another and that's what makes the show good, but I enjoy the episodes where Matt gets on a loving roll way more than the ones where he's kinda quiet, like yesterday's.

yea I don't know if there's a 'best' but Matt is for sure the most entertaining when he really goes on a tear, so any episode where he holds back is less fun

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"He looks like a pile of dirty clothes animated by an evil wizard." :vince:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

we got Brandon Wardell talking about how he got really obsessed with the concept of "irony."

permabanned forums poster Brandon Wardell

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Will's reading voice is amazing and my favorite part of the show. He strikes a really difficult balance of mimicry and detached mockery.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

Will's reading voice is amazing and my favorite part of the show. He strikes a really difficult balance of mimicry and detached mockery.

it's basically the verbal version of that slow jerk motion people do sarcastically

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

GalacticAcid posted:

Given the Trap House's failure to bring on a single BLM-affiliated guest and even, to my knowledge, a single black guest, it doesn't sit well with me when they go out of their way to poke fun at Deray, to be honest.

deray, the only black man on twitter, is above criticism. i am unsubscribing immediately and reporting felix to twitter support for another suspension.

They should try to get David D. on though.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I am very critical of Deray's politics and have said so on this forum, provoking meltdowns in USPol. But if you think a Brooklyn and Cincinatti based political comedy podcast that has yet to feature a black guest is a good forum for those critiques, then you're retarded.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

GalacticAcid posted:

I am very critical of Deray's politics and have said so on this forum, provoking meltdowns in USPol. But if you think a Brooklyn and Cincinatti based political comedy podcast that has yet to feature a black guest is a good forum for those critiques, then you're retarded.

quote:

you're retarded

wow, do better.

yes, it sucks they haven't had on a black voice yet, but making fun of deray is in line with the podcast's politics and tearing down modern idols on the left when they have really lovely politics.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Does he support Gulen's schools?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

wow, do better.

yes, it sucks they haven't had on a black voice yet, but making fun of deray is in line with the podcast's politics and tearing down modern idols on the left when they have really lovely politics.

Fair enough.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

If I wasn't so into saving my precious fluids I would be Idolizing the Chapo Bois from the left and the right if you know what I mean

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Bring in Adolf Reed so the can all mock identity politics and then the Chapo Boys can be awkwardly quiet while he tells them they really should vote for Clinton.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Somebody criticizing their jokes about Deray came up in an early episode and they pretty explicitly said more or less the stuff y'all are saying, they joke about his vests and Twitter clothes and poke lightly at the charter school stuff but they're not disrespecting the BLM work or anything.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

Bring in Adolf Reed so the can all mock identity politics and then the Chapo Boys can be awkwardly quiet while he tells them they really should vote for Clinton.

a premium mirror world episode hosted by jamil smith, sady doyle, and arthur chu, with Matt as the guest trying to get them to take and defend the most horrid positions while trying to fight with him.

DeNomolos fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 3, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mr Hootington posted:

Carl explaining smooth brains to an astonished and horrified Kornacki is incredible.

the thing that always gets me about digcast is how it will have legitimate discussion between virgil and the guest and then suddenly it'll just become half an hour of virgil and a stranger doing improv about how fuckin weird carl is

the one that's like entirely about carl's dating life and camworkers is probably my favorite

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

the thing that always gets me about digcast is how it will have legitimate discussion between virgil and the guest and then suddenly it'll just become half an hour of virgil and a stranger doing improv about how fuckin weird carl is

the one that's like entirely about carl's dating life and camworkers is probably my favorite

Yeah those get a little weird sometimes when Carl disappears for half the episode.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Find "El Chapo" by Gucci Mane and more in your weekly Spotify Discovery playlist.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The last Digcast was the best one so far.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
https://twitter.com/billcorbett/status/770682461990756352

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

PostNouveau posted:

The last Digcast was the best one so far.

Felix needs to stop gaslighting Carl

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

It also helps that Greenwald can be quite a goof on twitter to youtube critics. He's the kind of guy that if he wasn't handling a coup that's probably going to get him shot in Temerlandia, he'd tell folk "Look at my wonderful dog" and post in mid coverage the equivalent of this stuff in Brazilian.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kunster posted:

It also helps that Greenwald can be quite a goof on twitter to youtube critics. He's the kind of guy that if he wasn't handling a coup that's probably going to get him shot in Temerlandia, he'd tell folk "Look at my wonderful dog" and post in mid coverage the equivalent of this stuff in Brazilian.

i feel like the That Guy With The Glasses Extended Internet Crew are ripe for some Chapo roasting.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I just saw suicide squad, there was a lot going on there

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/evepeyser/status/772151832412033024

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Woke-offs are the funniest goddamn things.

Peace Frog
Oct 7, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea I don't know if there's a 'best' but Matt is for sure the most entertaining when he really goes on a tear, so any episode where he holds back is less fun

Speaking of, can anyone identify the ep where Matt goes on a tear against David Frum? Trying to find the clip as a way of introducing new listeners to the show. loving beautiful.

If it wasn't Frum, it was some other neocon involved in Iraq.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/pisspiggranddad/status/770765829889679361

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Find "El Chapo" by Gucci Mane and more in your weekly Spotify Discovery playlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Peace Frog posted:

Speaking of, can anyone identify the ep where Matt goes on a tear against David Frum? Trying to find the clip as a way of introducing new listeners to the show. loving beautiful.

If it wasn't Frum, it was some other neocon involved in Iraq.

Was it a part in ep 10 where they were talking to Derek Davison about the blob?

Edit: Think I found it. Ep. 22 1:13:36

Literally fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 5, 2016