Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Red Bones posted:

Dunno why you'd expect a feature like this when Nintendo has very consistently encouraged you to go and and spend time with your friends in person for the last 20+ years. Literally yesterday they announced a version of Mario Maker that requires you to be standing next to someone in order to share a level with them.

I absolutely don't expect them to include that. I mostly play my Wii U when I have people over anyway, and I really appreciate that they are still consistently making local multiplayer games I can play with my non gaming friends and family.

If I'm playing hardcore online games I'm probably gonna be on my PC.

I do really want a Nintendo Land 2 with more games like the three team games on there though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
When I'm alone or playing with friends in other parts of the country it's PC gaming all the way. When friends are over or its me and my fiance it's Wii U all the way. With friends we usually stick to MK8 or Smash Bros. Fiance and I have played NSMBU, 3D World, and Captain Toad together and it ruled.

I've never had as much fun playing games with other people on the couch as I've had with the Wii U. Everyone needs a Wii U.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I can't wait for Emily Rogers to be wrong again only to have everything turned into "w-well she did say it was a rumor so she's still got a clean track record" like everything else.

Your anti-Emily Rogers fixation is really weird. Everything she's talking about has been covered by multiple independent sources.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Will the NX give me a hug?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Emily Rogers will give you a hug

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The NX comes with coupons for hugs, it's one downfall.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Phantasium posted:

People been talking all this time about NX... NX what? NXSF? NXMK? NXSNK? Or are you gonna tell me that Nintendo characters are going to fight Tekken characters? Nintendo cross Tekken would be stupid!

Iori Yagami grasps his forehead in his hand and laughs into the night sky after seeing his opponent: Luigi Mario

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

katkillad2 posted:

Laughing at people who wanted over priced storage included instead of buying cheap external storage.

uh kind of a big difference between the laughable 32 gig of internal storage and the median of like 250 to 500 in modern consoles. not sure how handheld feature will work when you're unable to bring your stupid 500 gig brick along with you.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

s.i.r.e. posted:

I wonder how quickly it's going to be cracked open by the homebrew scene.

One week after the first mainline pokemon game comes out on it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

MinibarMatchman posted:

uh kind of a big difference between the laughable 32 gig of internal storage and the median of like 250 to 500 in modern consoles. not sure how handheld feature will work when you're unable to bring your stupid 500 gig brick along with you.

Probably by having games on carts instead of discs that are glorified license keys and you have to download the whole game anyway.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

s.i.r.e. posted:

I wonder how quickly it's going to be cracked open by the homebrew scene.

Considering how long it took to crack the 3DS, probably years. If Nintendo were serious about security, they'd take out the browser capabilities anyway. Webkit exploits are an old trick that have been used effectively, most recently on the Vita.

On another topic: Here's VideogamerTV's list of 7 games the NX should launch with.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
What if the 33gb thing is just like 32gb + SD slot in handheld unit, 500gb HDD in base station and it autoloads your recently played + faves to the HH?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Rexroom posted:

Considering how long it took to crack the 3DS, probably years. If Nintendo were serious about security, they'd take out the browser capabilities anyway. Webkit exploits are an old trick that have been used effectively, most recently on the Vita.

On another topic: Here's VideogamerTV's list of 7 games the NX should launch with.

Yeah who would want a bunch of nintendo games on a nintendo console

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I find it hard to believe that it will have a share/social button but no camera or microphone.

Do you remember friend codes? Karts, minidisks, wii/wii u scratschtastic dishes, the deliberate efforts to make their games unemulatable when they should be doing the opposite and being Steam? The screenshot/share/social features on the Wii/WiiU that had no camera or microphone?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

BillmasterCozb posted:

b-but it's not a REAL metroid game, even though it's a first party metroid game titled Metroid Prime! It's been nine years since the last (good) metroid game, didn't you know? We DESERVE a REAL metroid game! I don't care that Federation Force has been in development since the DSiWare days, it's been nine years!

This is supposed to be sarcastic right? The only way someone could possibly hold this opinion is if they never played Metroid Prime 1-3. It's like a bazillion-jillion times better than Federation Force, in every way a game can be better. I don't give it a free pass just because it's on a hand-held, maybe they shouldn't have tried to make a first person shooter on the 3DS. People get upset when sequels don't live up to the predecessors. This has been happening since the dawn of sequels. It's not gamers being big babies, it's possessing the smallest amount of observational skills and then asking, "What gives?"

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
they tried to make an FPS on the dsi, and then they DID make it on the 3ds

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I think it's telling when they can release Snake Eater, one of the greatest games ever made, on the 3DS and people are reluctant to recommend it because it doesn't play well.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i thought it played just fine, but I only played the demo.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This is supposed to be sarcastic right? The only way someone could possibly hold this opinion is if they never played Metroid Prime 1-3. It's like a bazillion-jillion times better than Federation Force, in every way a game can be better. I don't give it a free pass just because it's on a hand-held, maybe they shouldn't have tried to make a first person shooter on the 3DS. People get upset when sequels don't live up to the predecessors. This has been happening since the dawn of sequels. It's not gamers being big babies, it's possessing the smallest amount of observational skills and then asking, "What gives?"

Again, everyone hated Federation Force over a year before it came out. It had nothing to do with how good it is.

As a game, it's solid. Not fantastic or really memorable, but competent. The degree that people flipped out about it has literally nothing to do with its quality.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lemming posted:

Again, everyone hated Federation Force over a year before it came out. It had nothing to do with how good it is.

As a game, it's solid. Not fantastic or really memorable, but competent. The degree that people flipped out about it has literally nothing to do with its quality.

It looks bad. Solid turd.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Its the same poo poo banjo kazooie nuts &bolts had where even if it is a good game in itself, people have come to expect a ceartin thing from a series, including its main character. It honestly would have been better off as its own IP.

I've not actually seen or play it, but does it have any actual interesting characters or is it just a bunch of nameless space marines in the metroid universe?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Thankfully the inclusion of two (2) USB ports on the NX Portable means that mobile gaming will finally be free from the tyranny of mobile controls.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah, the same thing also happened with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, which had a 40 second reveal trailer titled "Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem" in 2013, 20 seconds of which were just images of fire emblem and SMT characters flying around. we heard nothing about it until 2015 e3 (IIRC), where they showed off a trailer that contained the actual game. the shown footage was incredibly different from the 40 second "reveal" trailer, and also showed that the game is not actually a crossover of SMT and Fire Emblem, but rather it is its own game but also with Fire Emblem characters. The backlash it got was so immense, and to this day there are still people that seriously think they should have sued for "False Advertisement", even though the final release was probably one of the best games of the year.

The problem is that people do not care if a game is good or bad, they will shun it if it is not the exact thing they wanted it to be, and cling to the idea of "What we could have had instead"

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol if the system is yet again loving 32 gigs of space, just loving lol

mine was 8? i expect the base model to be 32 and the 500$ launch day bundle to be MAYBE 64, zelda and a controller shell

its never going to ship with a 500 or a tb hdd though, its nintendo, :v:

we wont know anything that isn't bullshit until we have the real direct and not gamexplain and emily r bullshit though

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

BillmasterCozb posted:

yeah, the same thing also happened with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, which had a 40 second reveal trailer titled "Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem" in 2013, 20 seconds of which were just images of fire emblem and SMT characters flying around. we heard nothing about it until 2015 e3 (IIRC), where they showed off a trailer that contained the actual game. the shown footage was incredibly different from the 40 second "reveal" trailer, and also showed that the game is not actually a crossover of SMT and Fire Emblem, but rather it is its own game but also with Fire Emblem characters. The backlash it got was so immense, and to this day there are still people that seriously think they should have sued for "False Advertisement", even though the final release was probably one of the best games of the year.

Well, the whole ~censorship :reddit:~ thing didn't exactly help either. People get really mad about anime boobs.

E: This video is still great regardless of how well the game turned out though.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

"vagina bones"

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jsor posted:

Well, the whole ~censorship :reddit:~ thing didn't exactly help either. People get really mad about anime boobs.

E: This video is still great regardless of how well the game turned out though.

Funnily enough, the censorship complaints from people who actually played the game was "Wow, this wedding dress is sloppily covered up" and pretty much nothing else

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Reiley posted:

Thankfully the inclusion of two (2) USB ports on the NX Portable means that mobile gaming will finally be free from the tyranny of mobile controls.

i'm going to plug in two mobile phones with a joystick emulator on one and touchscreen buttons on the other

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Reiley posted:

I hope I'll be able to plug a Dualshock into the NX.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Where were all these free passes to lackluster sequels when Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops came out?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know or care about the #FE complaints, but some stuff like the lack of boob slider in games like Xenoblade are pretty stupid changes - people frequently want to make characters that look like they do. I know, I know, that's probably not who complained the loudest about the lack, but it's pretty silly and puritanical for pretty much no reason. A game that has 9999 eye colors and hairstyles and tattoos and variable body type its removal was way more of a controversy than leaving it in would have been.

I hope the NX has a boob slider on every game.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Where were all these free passes to lackluster sequels when Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops came out?

Nobody is giving anything a free pass. I'm pointing out to you that you don't understand the source of the hate for Federation Force.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

BillmasterCozb posted:

Funnily enough, the censorship complaints from people who actually played the game was "Wow, this wedding dress is sloppily covered up" and pretty much nothing else

Once I found out that in the original Maiko was a "gravure idol" I became extremely happy for all the changes.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

greatn posted:

Probably by having games on carts instead of discs that are glorified license keys and you have to download the whole game anyway.

Glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this. 32 GB is still bollocks because it mostly precludes digital AAA games unless you plug in your own external, which is what I did with my Wii U, but the whole "disc = key" horeseshit can sod off and die.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

greatn posted:

Your anti-Emily Rogers fixation is really weird. Everything she's talking about has been covered by multiple independent sources.

You can completely ignore everything Rogers has said and just focus on the more established sources. At this point, the Eurogamer report has been corroborated so many times over that it's really only a "rumor" insofar as there's been no official announcement or leak of official documents yet.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Does Federation Force have a boob slider?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yeah the higher you slide it the more people show up to defend federation force

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I want a boo slider for Mario games :3

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747