Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
People who don't open their toys don't deserve to have them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Captain Rufus posted:

My Wheelie was fine once I shaved down one of the pegs.

Now the waist and arms pretty much connect to the legs.
:bravo:
I have a Takara Wheelie on pre-order and the Weirdwolf wave in my Pile of Loot. Gonna be awesome.

DoctorWhat posted:

Truth! :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DoctorWhat posted:

I keep titanic bot in his packaging because that's half the fun of him.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Captain Invictus posted:

I keep titanic bot in his packaging because that's half the fun of him.

God I still really need one of those.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The originals are incredibly rare, only a few have been on ebay at all in the last half a year, and they go for 50-60 bucks.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

I have an original TMNT Donatello, still in its package, you better believe it's staying that way.

But all of my Transformers and all but one Lego set is opened and gets played with frequently.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

DoctorWhat posted:

If I open it, it would just have to go back in the box until I land in a new house and can put my displays back up

Rythe posted:

I have an original TMNT Donatello, still in its package, you better believe it's staying that way.

But all of my Transformers and all but one Lego set is opened and gets played with frequently.

I have a japanese TMNT Turtle Saint I bought on a lark that I will almost definitely never open. It's too ridiculous and awesome.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Anyone has those panels where Optimus or someone rips their own head off and throws it in the ground?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Something like that happens in this issue but I couldn't find the individual panels.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Daaku Shinsei posted:

I like how Wheelie looks, no weird chest-face like the old toy, though his face looking at Titan Master's back-faces is weird. Got him mostly together, but any sort of pressure, and his arms pop off the leg tabs right quick.

Stripes is... weird. But fully functioning as a toy. I get their trying to use the plane wings as a semi-tail, but ugh.

Stripes is a piece of poo poo.

I said this when I bought him and I'm saying it again now because holy gently caress what a piece of poo poo stripes is. Just the biggest piece of poo poo. I would rather play with a rocklord.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Wheelie is... interesting. Tricky to tab together. I have his head as a rear-mounted turbine right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Stripes is a goddamned travesty and it chaps my rear end that Ravage will be just as terrible.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Stripes is a piece of poo poo.

I said this when I bought him and I'm saying it again now because holy gently caress what a piece of poo poo stripes is. Just the biggest piece of poo poo. I would rather play with a rocklord.

The Emgo316 video review of Stripes is awesome because he says the same thing without actually explicitly saying it. It's the most passive-aggressive toy review I've ever seen and it's really entertaining. I'd link it but I'm phone posting.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Xenomrph posted:

The Emgo316 video review of Stripes is awesome because he says the same thing without actually explicitly saying it. It's the most passive-aggressive toy review I've ever seen and it's really entertaining. I'd link it but I'm phone posting.

https://youtu.be/Zzal-nzT0i8

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Stripes is a goddamned travesty and it chaps my rear end that Ravage will be just as terrible.

Ravage actually looks like he might be worse if that's even possible, he looks both lovely as gently caress and boring as hell. At least Stripes has some colour to him.

Ugly, terrible colour but colour nonetheless. I can't wait for blaster to arrive so I can put him away inside forever and never see him again, like Buzzsaw but for better reasons than "isn't Laserbeak"

gently caress you Stripes.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Vincent posted:

Anyone has those panels where Optimus or someone rips their own head off and throws it in the ground?

This used to be my avatar on these forums:

I don't have the full pages available.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

The panels on the right look like the lyrics to some badass wrestling intro for Destro.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It pretty much is.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Either Cobra Commander or Destro has a type, I see.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Green and rectangular

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Vincent posted:

http://imgur.com/a/mJ46t

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

What's the best Ravage? MP Ravage or the one that came with Classics Hound?

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

The_Doctor posted:

What's the best Ravage? MP Ravage or the one that came with Classics Hound?

Binaltech Ravage(Corvette) or Alternators Ravage(Jaguar) I'd say if you don't mind them not being tapes.

For tapes I'd rank MP Ravage over Classics Ravage, if only for poseability reasons.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

MP Ravage is a wonder, way better than Classics, but the Best Ravage is Ocular Max Jaguar.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Disappointed with the head-face on Titan Master Loudmouth, when there's so little paint on the whole thing and all the others had been so good, was kind of a shock getting him out of the pack.

Would love later down the track some kinda generic transtectors to model some of these heads. Cop car/sports car for autobots and jet/tank for Decepticon, in basic colours.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
X-9 Metals Ravage.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That ocular max one looks pretty good. I recall disliking something when I saw a video of it, but I can't remember what it was now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
OM Ravage is great but would look goofy with TR Soundwave. The one that came with Hound is probably the best option for now.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

MP Ravage is the greatest thing, along with all those MP cassettes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goldskull posted:

MP Ravage is the greatest thing, along with all those MP cassettes

Dur, can't believe I zoned on that guy. And he'd scale just fine with TR Soundwave.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Blackheart posted:

That ocular max one looks pretty good. I recall disliking something when I saw a video of it, but I can't remember what it was now.

Probably the total lack of tape decals, but there's a Reprolabels set for that.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Paid almost £22 at Orbital for Mindwipe. A little over the odds but I love him, he's one of the old Headmasters I wanted. He's a bit narrow in the torso in robot mode and the head depicted in the art is a little cooler, but he's great.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Found 3 out of 4 of the Wave 2 Deluxes. Mindwipe, Weirdwolf, and everyone's second favorite gay robot Chromedome. Oddly no Highbrow. But that old Thew review was a catchy enough song parody to maybe make folks care about the character.

I go to Walmart to get a cheap smartphone mostly to replace my 9 year old slowly dying bit by bit iPod Touch. I end up leaving with 3 toy robots instead. (Plus breakfast of a sort. If 6pm counts as breakfast...)

I haven't had time to putz with them yet but they look cool outside of Weirdwolf having some paint that doesn't match the plastic color deal. Not remotely to the point that Galvatron has though. And I STILL haven't seen the Leader Class Wave 1 at retail. Blaster was one of the best characters in the Marvel comic so I need him. NEEED. ( I'll probably pass on Soundwave as I have both of his FoC Voyagers because classic colors and NEW SOUNDWAVE colors both own too much. Blaster I would rather have in a more classic form. In spite of also having both in Action Master and G1 rerelease forms. )

I'm kinda glad I didn't just order a bunch of Amiga retro stuff last night. It made it easier to buy silly toy robots. It's the 1986-87 I should have had as a kid only now IDGAF if people approve, my mother isn't around to insult me over it, and I have a job so I can afford all the generally much cooler renditions of these characters now as I am willing to buy!

Quick edit: of the 3 Mindwipe is the worst and Chromedome is the best with Weirdwolf being comfortably good in the middle. Mindwipe has too much rubbery plastic and a very Derpy bat mode. Chrome's only issues is his Titan Master's head color kills all viewable detail on his own head and one of his guns looks goddamn stupid in vehicle mode. Weirdwolf is rad but the thigh armor doesn't really lock when transformed and it is to the detriment of an otherwise awesome beast mode.

So my current Deluxe rankings from best to worst:
Chromedome
Weirdwolf
Hardhead
Skullcruncher
Mindwipe

If we add in my one Voyager, Galvatron slots in under Hardhead. The jet mode hurts the toy a lot.

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Sep 5, 2016

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It's been 10 days kapowtoys where the gently caress is my Apollo poppa needs his fix

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I watched a couple of wotafa 's reviews of the upcoming Despotron and Mightron models, and I'm torn. Mightron's robot mode is superior in my opinion, but Despotron's alt mode looks better imo.

For someone looking to get a G1 Megs figure, are there any better options?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Walmart.ca has Wave 1 deluxes up for $13: http://www.walmart.ca/search/titans%20return

Also a dude on cybertron.ca posted that tru.ca has a coupon code

quote:

Valid until Sept 29th, 2016
Redeem online with promo code: ThxFanExpo5
*total purchase must be $25 or more (brefore taxes) on any regular priced items.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NotAnArtist posted:

I watched a couple of wotafa 's reviews of the upcoming Despotron and Mightron models, and I'm torn. Mightron's robot mode is superior in my opinion, but Despotron's alt mode looks better imo.

For someone looking to get a G1 Megs figure, are there any better options?

It's a divisive topic. There's always Apollyon if you don't mind the wide cowboy legs because of his giant hips, but his transformation is the stuff of nightmares. I handled a friend's Apollyon before deciding on Despotron as my G1 Megatron of choice and it felt like every moving part was ready to explode off at any given moment whilst transforming it.

Despotron definitely has the nicer looking alt mode i think, although I'll concede Mightron's is closer to the weird proportions of an actual p38.

I prefer Despotron's bot mode too, something about Mightron's legs just bothers me. At this point in time with 30 years between now and the original cartoons I'm happy to get something that looks cool and reminds me of the original character than go hardcore on buying the most toon accurate thing I can despite thinking it looks kind of lovely.

Edit: Mightron's cannon is also way too short for my liking, now that I think about it.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 6, 2016

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Overall I think Mightron looks better in bot mode, and since I'm not all that concerned with a completely accurate gun mode (not like MP Prime has a perfectly realistic truck mode), I was leaning towards him until someone pointed out his chest is hollow from the side.

I think that's a dealbreaker for me on an MP-level figure.

Despotron though, I think his legs are actually too wide (no idea how they managed to pull that off on a Megatron figure), and there's little details that bug me like that hinge on his abs and his kind of weird head. I can't help but picture his torso going :v:. But at least he actually has armpits, so now I'm torn.

For the record I do have Apollyon, and I think he still looks the best of the three from the waist up, but the new ones' legs are undeniably better.

Anyway I finally found some Titans Return wave 2 deluxes. Like everyone said Weirdwolf is really good, he's everything I wished Skullcruncher would be. So many little touches that go beyond what's needed to make a wolf Transformer, he does so much more than just stand up and swing his beast head back. On Highbrow, is there some gimmick I'm missing with his chestpiece, the bit that historically was a door to the Headmaster stats? It opens up to a little compartment and shovel-looking door thing, but it's too small for the Headmaster. Remnants of some abandoned gimmick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think they went with the wider legs to give the panels there enough plastic to feel comfortable transforming and avoid the sensation that you're going to snap something off any second every time you play with it.

Mightron's weird skinny ankles and tiny feet don't really do it for me either.