Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

[quote="Tighran" post="463842263"]
Is there a general recommendation for how much food a person consumes? I either have people starving or am overwhelmed with crop foods. I think I read somewhere that a 5x5 plot per person is usually good? Any idea what this would equate to in hydroponic benches?

Hydroponics with a sun lamp grows at 150% rate, to to copy a 5x5 you would need ~4 basins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Aleth posted:

Or he might send you a pack of friendly corgis followed by several cargo drops of corgi meat and leather.

Welp, so far it's just been raids every. single. day. :black101:

On the plus side I've got enough hand grenades for everybody, and I might start using them.

This new patch is also hilarious since about 50% of the raiders seem to carry joints, which my colonists immediately use to celebrate their daily victory.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Any mods(preferred workshop) that let me uninstall and reinstall production stations? it's really dumb I can't move them around without some loss of parts.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alaan posted:

Any mods(preferred workshop) that let me uninstall and reinstall production stations? it's really dumb I can't move them around without some loss of parts.

rimworld: there's a mod for that

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726372052&searchtext=

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
It's really annoying in a15 that you can make a copy of benches but that copy doesn't preserve any bills. Thank god for colony manager.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

Reztes posted:

This new patch is also hilarious since about 50% of the raiders seem to carry joints, which my colonists immediately use to celebrate their daily victory.

Nothing quite like watching a group of raiders all snort lines before charging into combat, reminds me of my college days

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Squeegy posted:

Stomach removal causes their food need to decrease at a dramatically faster rate. One stomach-less prisoner can empty your freezer in like a season. Which is fairly realistic, the stomach just digests food so it can be more easily absorbed by the intestines. With no stomach it'd just slide right through from your mouth and you'd barely get any nutrition out of it.

Sounds like a job for nutrient paste! It's already per-digested so not having a stomach would be less of an issue.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Man now that characters can come pre-addicted to luciferium there's even less reason to ever grant sanctuary to random people begging for it.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
A small sampling of art that I found funny for whatever reason.

psychotic

elbow deep, sweating profusely

A chemist playing blackjack with five politicians?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Did you hear the one about the chemist who played blackjack with five politicians?

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
How are most popular mods doing on updating to A15? Is there an easy way to check this in game?

Thinking about starting a new game tomorrow.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

beerinator posted:

How are most popular mods doing on updating to A15? Is there an easy way to check this in game?

Really it's about CCL updating to A15. If a mod doesn't require it, it's probably updated unless it's abandoned. Every other popular mod has either temporarily imported the detour code or is just waiting for CCL to update.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

beerinator posted:

About half the mods I use have updated. You can go into the mods list in game and it'll tell you which ones are compatible.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
Randy Random on Rough is a bit too easy. Is Extreme too hard though?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Squeegy posted:

Really it's about CCL updating to A15. If a mod doesn't require it, it's probably updated unless it's abandoned. Every other popular mod has either temporarily imported the detour code or is just waiting for CCL to update.
I'm really antsin' for that Realist Combat mod to get to A15, I like the deadlier combat rather than can take 5 rifle shots to the chest and I haven't even snorted drugs yet.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

CrusherEAGLE posted:

Randy Random on Rough is a bit too easy. Is Extreme too hard though?

Well the problem is right there in his name: he's random. He can be insanely easy going or be an absolute nightmare from the start even on rough.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
My little tribe colony was going so great. I was in the initial stages, about to start a brewery, digging into the mountain to create my own little fortress...

Then randy sends a raid with a guy holding an incendiary launcher and another with an SMG. No problem, I thought, I'll just hide inside the mountain until they go away...

They attack my dog. The inciendary launcher fired once. ONCE. Right in front of my stores. By the time the raiders got bored and decided to leave with my expensive tool cabinet, the warehouse was starting to go up in flames.

No worries, I thought. I undrafted everyone and put them in front of the fire to start cleaning up the mess. They were doing ok, the fire was nearly cleaned up... untill randy sends a pack of manhunter boomalopes my way.

But of course I couldn't hide inside and wait for them to go away, had to take care of the fire. So they just ended up attacking my tribe while i was busy trying to firefight. And of course they exploded. And exploded again. And again. And three of my tribesmembers were incapacitated by the time the boomalopes had all died.

At this moment I get cargo pods. Right on top of the fire (that had gotten even bigger because of boomalope explosions). Yay cargo pods! Yay? Oh, artillery shells.

The remaining tribesmember or two were trying to take care of the fire. Meanwhile the colonists incapacitated by the boomalopes burnt to a crisp (except one of them). Because they burnt to death, the dog went crazy and started attacking my remaining tribesmember, which incapacitated him as well.

And then, of course, the artillery shell exploded and killed the last surviving boomalope casualty.

That was fun.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

When Randy airdrops artillery shells onto a fire, you know he wants you dead.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Boomalopes are the essence of evil.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

CrusherEAGLE posted:

Randy rampage.

We told you so.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I kind of wish we could draw "fire priority" zones on top of the home zone. Yes, I know that those trees are technically in the home zone, but you know that geothermal plant we spent the entire winter building? It's about to burn down, move your rear end please

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
You can manually fight fires with drafted people. It takes a bit of micro but if you NEED a particular fire putting out it's worth it. Just stand them next to it.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Toadsmash posted:

Boomalopes are the essence of evil.

Boomalopes? HEH:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It'd be nice if this game had something more advanced for putting out fires though. Like we can build a geothermal generators but still putting out fires by stomping on them.

I know you can research firefoam but how about a fire extinguisher or even a bucket of water? I guess it's not that big of a deal, I've rarely lost a colony because of a fire.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
A cryo grenade would be nice. Put out fire and/or induce severe hypothermia and frostbite.

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
Are there any mods that change combat similarly to Combat Realism, but don't go hog wild and add 30 different ammo types to the game?

I like the new armor/gun stats but the ammo system I just find tedious.

Nullkigan
Jul 3, 2009
What are some good, interesting colonists to put in the 'see these folks more often' list. Besides the obvious and boring ones like Engie. Is there an illectro or anything? His video reviews were what sold me the game way back when.

It's also a slight pity there's no equivalent blacklist for Emmie and Min (the popstar), but oddly I can say I haven't seen Min at all in my past couple of games.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*stumbles into thread chased by raiders*
*looks around*
"WHERE IS COMBAT REALISM FOR A15?????????????????!!!"
*dies*
*everyone ITT dies from plague*

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ubercrunchy posted:

Are there any mods that change combat similarly to Combat Realism, but don't go hog wild and add 30 different ammo types to the game?

I like the new armor/gun stats but the ammo system I just find tedious.
I find it annoying that they name ammo off of real conventions and I was constantly forgetting what guns took what ammo, that bugged me the most.
Oh, and trying to get people to pick up ammo stacks, then having to make sure they reload with the right ammo. God forbid you want someone to carry half AP and half HP ammo, good luck getting them to pick up half a stack of each :suicide:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
loadouts!!!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Randy

Please just send a drat raid, dude.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Pumpkinreaper posted:

Boomalopes? HEH:

Are you using some kind of mod for outfits? I like the green.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Baloogan posted:

loadouts!!!
You should just be able to right-click on a stack of ammo and select 'Pick Up Half' in the first place.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Perhaps a hamster posted:

purple!!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Danaru posted:

Randy

Please just send a drat raid, dude.

He is, microorganisms are invading your colonists.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Perhaps a hamster posted:

I have the extra veggies mod which adds hemp as an extra material you can make stuff out of.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
A wanderer joins my village. His first task is to bury the cat that had to be murdered after it went insane when his master died in a failed attempt to rob a pair of wandering merchants. This game is really good

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Barnyard Protein posted:

A wanderer joins my village. His first task is to bury the cat that had to be murdered after it went insane when his master died in a failed attempt to rob a pair of wandering merchants. This game is really good

Please show up in art.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Holy poo poo marijSmokeleaf is loving awesome. Yeah sure things got sorta lovely for a while there some people got executed and eaten but everyone's stoned off their gourd so no one's even in danger of a minor break. I don't remember booze being this effective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Danaru posted:

Holy poo poo marijSmokeleaf is loving awesome. Yeah sure things got sorta lovely for a while there some people got executed and eaten but everyone's stoned off their gourd so no one's even in danger of a minor break. I don't remember booze being this effective

Wait until you get a hold of Yayo.