Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Scorch, Ion, Legion, Northstar, Tone & Ronin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhDe315kKqY

http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/titans/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That is a lot of missiles.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPlK10Rcdk

The new Titans all look cool. Seems like they got two heavy, two medium, and two light Titans which makes sense. Also they have not one, but two Itano Circus Titans which is A-OK in my book

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

This game looks good in trailers, usually smooth with a lot going on, but whenever I see actual gameplay it just looks cluttered with loving text and icons and notifications. It's a real turnoff.

edit; VVVVVVVVVVVVVV That's good to hear. I do wish devs would find more inventive ways of conveying info to the player, though. TLoU manages to keep some of the info dump under control using sound, etc to convey some of it...but Uncharted 4 is back to the visual clusterfuck that started with 3.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 31, 2016

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This game looks good in trailers, usually smooth with a lot going on, but whenever I see actual gameplay it just looks cluttered with loving text and icons and notifications. It's a real turnoff.

Speakin' of turnoff, you'll be able to remove pieces of the HUD in the final game.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Also as confirmed by a dev, the first DLC map is a remake of Angel City!

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

Also as confirmed by a dev, the first DLC map is a remake of Angel City!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Tone has the 40mm and an Itano circus attack? wrap it up, everyone, we've found the best titan

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Psion posted:

Tone has the 40mm and an Itano circus attack? wrap it up, everyone, we've found the best titan

Tone Loc

Tone Lock...

checks out

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That idea is win

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robots are win too

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
I was really hoping Northstar would be a punching robot.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I'm curious how Ion's energy management works in practice.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Shoulder Laser, Vortex Shield and alternate fire (ADS fire) on Splitter Rifle drains energy, hipfiring however does not. In the tech test I rarely used the alternate fire in Titan fights, mostly used Laser shots and in between charges dumped with primary fire. Laser shots for pilots too, the alternate fire is good against pilots but drains too much energy.

It's nothing really too complicated, basically everything comes at a cost to your overall energy.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The Ion's energy meter is on the left side of the screen btw.

Anyway here's Legion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAAyHn58KPw

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Pharah makes a good Titan

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Anyway here's Legion.

Gun shield is as stupid/cool as it sounded in the description

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Anyway here's Legion.

I'm absolutely behind a Titan whose whole design concept is "giant fuckoff gun".

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Legion looks like my poo poo. Although ion really grew on me during the demo.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

It's nice to see that the maps in that Legion trailer look more Titanfall-ish than the maps in the tech test, hopefully they start showing them in more detail soon.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

NESguerilla posted:

Legion looks like my poo poo. Although ion really grew on me during the demo.

Smdh if you don't main the hanzo steel titan

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Antoine Silvere posted:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Here's the hype trailer for Northstar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I-UtUX4NCE

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Not emptyquoting. Although Legion's finisher of impaling a Titan by shooting his way through it is making a pretty strong case. :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

girltitan lookin ;-*

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Tone has a stupid name but also the primary weapon I like, but Pharah is cool and my second most played character in Overwatch

How will I ever decide

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Looking good, though, I hate that weapons are Titan specific now.

Also, it seems like the hover ability makes you one hell of an easy target for everyone to aim for once you're airborne without any sort of cover. Much like how Pharah always gets a headshot using her Q.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Trailer for Ronin posted on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/742928721573609472

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

swordblock. swordcore.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

I want this game. I want this robo.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

I wanna like northstar because of the hover and the cluster missile but the railgun was hot garbo in the last game so I dunno how much better it'll be here

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
These new titans look cool. Had fun with the beta. I could easily sink another 30-40 hours into this when it comes out. I hope the player base doesn't dry out too quickly.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't get the pre mortems people are predicting on this game? Like, being released close to cod and battlefield might hurt its sales but it's not like there won't be plenty of people playing it for a long time. Really any decent game should have enough players for a long time.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised is this one thrived on PS4 since we missed the last one and it was like, the one hype game we missed out on this generation.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

FWIW, the xbone still has a decent player population, as long as you don't want to play any of the more esoteric game modes. Even after the changes since the last game and the ways that recent FPSs have emulated Titanfall, I still think it provides a unique enough experience to hold it's own.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

For me it really scratched an itch I didn't know I had. It was the right mix of polish and a cool gimmick I guess. Everything felt how I would have wanted it too. I probably played the network test for like 15 hours.

Seems like a perfect game to play on the weekends. I don't really have time to be good at battlefield anymore and COD has felt way too stale to grab my interest for years.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

For me it really scratched an itch I didn't know I had. It was the right mix of polish and a cool gimmick I guess. Everything felt how I would have wanted it too. I probably played the network test for like 15 hours.

Seems like a perfect game to play on the weekends. I don't really have time to be good at battlefield anymore and COD has felt way too stale to grab my interest for years.

what if the warfares in question were...infinite?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Destiny has been my primary fps for the last 2 years. I'll take breaks every few months but I always go back "home." Overwatch has been fun and I'll continue to play off and on. I've been scratching my Blops3 itch lately, too.

But since Destiny's only getting a minor expansion this month, and Destiny 2 being pushed back until next year, I'm pretty stoked for Titanfall 2 to come out. Not jumping on the Infinite Warfare hype train yet.

I used the invisibility perk for the whole second weekend of the beta and it was awesome. I can't believe the most blatant poo poo I got away with against pilots and titans. Didn't miss the grappling hook at all.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Also Sniping was suuuper satisfying to get headshots with. I don't think I've ever played a fps where I had to lead with my shots. It was difficult but really fun.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

el B posted:

Destiny has been my primary fps for the last 2 years. I'll take breaks every few months but I always go back "home." Overwatch has been fun and I'll continue to play off and on. I've been scratching my Blops3 itch lately, too.

But since Destiny's only getting a minor expansion this month, and Destiny 2 being pushed back until next year, I'm pretty stoked for Titanfall 2 to come out. Not jumping on the Infinite Warfare hype train yet.

I used the invisibility perk for the whole second weekend of the beta and it was awesome. I can't believe the most blatant poo poo I got away with against pilots and titans. Didn't miss the grappling hook at all.

If it's anything like the first game then invisibility is ridiculously easy to see, but for some inexplicable reason nobody seems to notice you at all.

I still don't understand it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should remove sniper rifles from all fps games