Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Took me about fifteen minutes to get the Acid Soaker at the Nuka Arcade by using a deadeye submachine gun at the shooting gallery. Really enjoying Nukaworld so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

a kitten posted:

Just barely started playing this (no DLC yet), and i just wanted to say that the Diamond City radio host is the greatest guy ever and i love him.

Just wait until you experience the glory of Raider radio.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lima posted:

Bethesda have been really bad at integrating expansion/dlc stuff to the main game since Morrowind. One of the expansions for that spawned lvl 20ish assassins for your fresh-off-the-boat lvl 1 character :ese::kiddo:

You mean that spawned a mannequin wearing 5,000 septims worth of starting capital.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I've always liked Fallout's various radio stations, but for how long it's reasonable to play these games and how much cash they make, you'd think they'd make the station libraries larger. I know you can mod in more music, but, like, how expensive can it be to get several Louis Jordan songs, instead of just the one?

(Also, not even the best Louis Jordan songs - gimme "Saturday Night Fish Fry", "Open the Door, Richard!", "Jordan For President", "(You Dyed Your Hair) Chartreuse", "Five Guys Named Moe", "What's The Use of Getting Sober (When You're Gonna Get Drunk Again)", "Never Let Your Left Hand Know What Your Right Hand's Doin'", any of them.)

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

"There's some nasties living near here, can you take care of them?"

*location all the way across the map marked.*

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

lmao I've been grabbing settlements for the Nuka World raiders and now Preston is pissed. "HOW COULD YOU BETRAY US GENERAL, YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE. If I see you or your friends taking on innocent Commonwealth settlements we'll shoot you. I guess I'll still follow your orders but I am through trusting you General Sir and you're not my friend anymore." :qq: lmao loving Bethesda writing at it's finest.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Korgan posted:

lmao I've been grabbing settlements for the Nuka World raiders and now Preston is pissed. "HOW COULD YOU BETRAY US GENERAL, YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE. If I see you or your friends taking on innocent Commonwealth settlements we'll shoot you. I guess I'll still follow your orders but I am through trusting you General Sir and you're not my friend anymore." :qq: lmao loving Bethesda writing at it's finest.

there should be an option to remind him that you saved his fuckup life, and that he promoted you to General of his LARP group after knowing you all of five minutes

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
When do you get an actual settlement? I'm tired of not having a workshop inventory, and not having everything exactly as and where I want. I took over the Galactic Zone, and - aside from the snarky remarks of gangs I didn't give the area to - no one seems to have taken notice. Isn't anyone going to inhabit it?

The whole premise is a bit absurd. I know it's Bethesda's schtick, but for real, there are three paramilitary groups rustling for action and they choose to send the newly appointed leader, alone, to capture areas their little armies couldn't. Does this change later? Am I missing something?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Rinkles posted:

When do you get an actual settlement? I'm tired of not having a workshop inventory, and not having everything exactly as and where I want. I took over the Galactic Zone, and - aside from the snarky remarks of gangs I didn't give the area to - no one seems to have taken notice. Isn't anyone going to inhabit it?

The whole premise is a bit absurd. I know it's Bethesda's schtick, but for real, there are three paramilitary groups rustling for action and they choose to send the newly appointed leader, alone, to capture areas their little armies couldn't. Does this change later? Am I missing something?

You need to take over all five major parks before you can start establishing raider settlements outside of Nuka-World.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Rinkles posted:

I don't think you do. As far as I've heard, the Overboss's lair just doesn't have the workshop functionality or shared inventory. Whether that's intended, who the hell knows. It is enough of a problem to make me wonder if stuff I drop in places around there will disappear.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

There is a workshop in Nuka-World, in a Red Rocket to the east of the main park, but you need to restore power to Nuka-World (i.e. finish its main quest) to power it up.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Cool, I got the glitch where talking to Gage after taking over all 5 locations doesn't give me the next quest.

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 3, 2016

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

a kitten posted:

Just barely started playing this (no DLC yet), and i just wanted to say that the Diamond City radio host is the greatest guy ever and i love him.

you're gonna love atomic radio, get that mod ASAP

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
Following up on my plan to do Nuka World at lvl 1(or the earliest possible) I decided to see how feasible it is.

Summing it up, it is definitely possible to get to nuka world and past the gauntlet straight out of the vault. In Survival you should probably wait and get a power armor for sanity's sake. In hard mode it's pretty simple, since you can save any time.

Leaving the vault, I went down to Sunshine Tidings Co-op. Sticking to the edge of the map I didn't find anything that attacked me before I attacked them. In sunshine tidings, I cleared it, saved, made a water pump, filled some bottles, and headed down to nuka-station.

Nuka Station got me killed twice, and it requires a bit of luck. There's a climbable rock behind the station itself. Jump on that, jump on the roof and then drop down behind the two gunners guarding the entrance and run like your life depends on it.

With some luck, they won't follow you. In my case, a melee gunner and a goddamn assaultron dominator followed me.
I juked them around until I found a crate I could jump on. They couldn't reach me so they broke LoS, and after a minute they just left. Onwards to nuka world.

Grab all the stuff you can, and on the first turret room, just run. In survival you definitely don't have the HP, damage or a nearby save to risk it.

Afterwards it's the trap room. Pretty easy, just take your time. Grab all the loot you can, grenades especially.

Next, there's a mat you can sleep on if you're on survival.

The monkey turret room is pretty simple, just shoot the monkey or go back to deactivate all the turrets.

On the rad-rat room, it's pretty simple to climb the broken generators and just skip the rats entirely.

On the minefield tunnel, grab the first couple mines and then just molotov the rest, unless you're absolutely sure of where they are.

The mirelurk trap is pretty simple, just run. I didn't even see mirelurks.

The grenade corridor is a treasure trove for you. Disarm all the bouquets, you'll need those grenades.

Now it's a good time to pop a jet or buffout if you have it. If you know where the items are you should have plenty of time to solve the gas room with either drug on.

Final stretch here. Pop psycho if you have it, throw grenades over the little bit of cover to kill the ant swarms. This is where you probably want a power armor, because those flying ant swarms are tougher than Colter himself, and there are two of them. If you kill them or sneak past them somehow(if you found a stealth boy) then head on to the side room, there's a bed there. I found a stealth boy in the rad-rat room, but I'm not sure if it's a guaranteed find.

For this final part, just run, they won't follow you past the loading screen.

For colter himself, don't enter the arena, arc your thirst zapper shots to hit him, pop jet and/or psycho when he fizzles out and spam grenades. He isn't that tough HP wise(will still kill you almost instantly out of PA) actually, the main issue is that if you die here you have to listen to his bullshit all over again if you're in Survival.

Now, why the hell would you want to do this?

As far as I know, the Splattercannon is the only weapon in the game that has top tier upgrades regardless of your level. The handmade rifle is great, the furious handmade rifle is great, and the only way you'd get a suppressor and powerful auto receiver is by being lvl 46 with all the associated perks. You can get the Problem Solver, but it deals less than half the damage due to lacking these upgrades.

Now, to get ~14k caps(pop grape mentats and wear a suit) to buy it, go to the nuka-cade, get some tokens with pre-war money, then use the thirst zapper on the shooting range to get about 1000 tickets every time. Trade for some poo poo, sell that poo poo. You can also grab everything not nailed down in any of the rooms or in the market.

Remember to buy ammo and curse Bethesda for not adding 7.62mm ammo to the drop table in the commonwealth. Or get a mod for that, and enjoy your OP weapon at level 1. I sure do.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

I got that bug where the combat music never stops. I tried every solution I found online: fiddling with the radio, restarting the game, getting into and finishing another battle. I even installed an ambient music mod and it did nothing at all. Anybody got a suggestion?

FWIW, it started when I was in the Battle Zone in NW and after I dealt with all the robots the door bugged and wouldn't open to let me out, so I had to ~tcl outta there. Non-stop combat music ever since.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I had a weird bug in one of my games. You know how companions will comment on recent combat encounters? You fight bugs, Codsworth mentions how big the roaches are these days, you fight Super Mutants, they talk about mutants, etc... In one of my games, everyone got stuck on "synths" and every so often every single companion kept talking about synths.

Gage's comment on synths was pretty funny though. He's offended nobody's tried to replace him with a synth impostor. "I'm important! Right?"

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

El Jeffe posted:

I got that bug where the combat music never stops. I tried every solution I found online: fiddling with the radio, restarting the game, getting into and finishing another battle. I even installed an ambient music mod and it did nothing at all. Anybody got a suggestion?

FWIW, it started when I was in the Battle Zone in NW and after I dealt with all the robots the door bugged and wouldn't open to let me out, so I had to ~tcl outta there. Non-stop combat music ever since.

I had the same problem, the battlezone has its own track. I had to use the console to disable it, RemoveMusic or something like that. To find the track, do help RobCo 0 in the console.

MinorRed fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 3, 2016

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

MinorRed posted:

I had the same problem, the battlezone has its own track. I had to use the console to disable it, RemoveMusic or something like that. To find the track, do help RobCo 0 in the console.

help RobCo 0 spits out this:

RemoveMusic 06032FBF spits out 'invalid music type 06032FBF for parameter music'. I tried the long name too, and the one for 'Robco Battlezone', as well as putting a 0 on the end and nothing is working. What am I doing wrong?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

El Jeffe posted:

help RobCo 0 spits out this:

RemoveMusic 06032FBF spits out 'invalid music type 06032FBF for parameter music'. I tried the long name too, and the one for 'Robco Battlezone', as well as putting a 0 on the end and nothing is working. What am I doing wrong?

Hit pageup to see this part:

The top one should be the string you need to turn it off.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

MinorRed posted:

Lima posted:

Hit pageup to see this part:

The top one should be the string you need to turn it off.

Thank you both so loving much

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I was wondering if the radiation damage was inflicted before or at the same time as the physical damage, thus doing damage and preventing healing, or if the radiation damage was dealt AFTER the physical damage, thus only preventing healing. If it's the former, that would make the Kiloton rifle up there with the gauss rifle in per shot damage, assuming the correct perks, but given its lack of recognition: I'm guessing it's the latter.

Side question: do sneak attack multipliers effect radiation damage or legendary prefix damage modifiers I.E. Explosive?

Can someone say for sure?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I don't know about the math but the Kiloton Rifle is awesome

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Do higher level hubologist scans give permanent bonuses?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Why do they even keep touting radiant quests?

They aren't radiant, and are barely quests. Most have no unique dialogue and they are literally looping through a list over and over, maybe changing names if needed, which is just another list.

Nothing branches or gets interesting about them.

It would be one thing if they had at least say, made them all 3-4 stages, that could occur randomly. Like say you go to stage 2 and suddenly you have to defend your ground, or run or whatever.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

a kitten posted:

Don't do his quest then - you'll know which one.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Sylink posted:

They aren't radiant, and are barely quests. Most have no unique dialogue and they are literally looping through a list over and over, maybe changing names if needed, which is just another list.

It would be one thing if they had at least say, made them all 3-4 stages, that could occur randomly. Like say you go to stage 2 and suddenly you have to defend your ground, or run or whatever.

I get the feeling that they were originally a response to the criticism that the guilds in oblivion didn't have anything to do after you beat the quest line but I feel that bethesda kind of carried it a bit too far because now it seems the actual quests are starting to suffer because of them.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 4, 2016

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Man Whore posted:

I get the feeling that they were originally a response to the criticism that the guilds in oblivion didn't have anything to do after you beat the quest line but I feel that bethesda kind of carried it a bit too far because now it seems the actual quests are starting to suffer because of them.

Yeah, Fallout 4 has such a bizarrely low density of honest to god quests, even compared to 3 and especially to Skyrim. Guild/faction quests or not, I really don't care as long as they're actually there.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Dorkopotamis posted:

I was wondering if the radiation damage was inflicted before or at the same time as the physical damage, thus doing damage and preventing healing, or if the radiation damage was dealt AFTER the physical damage, thus only preventing healing. If it's the former, that would make the Kiloton rifle up there with the gauss rifle in per shot damage, assuming the correct perks, but given its lack of recognition: I'm guessing it's the latter.

Side question: do sneak attack multipliers effect radiation damage or legendary prefix damage modifiers I.E. Explosive?

Can someone say for sure?

radiation damage is applied after regular damage, I think. The Kiloton's rad damage almost never gets any use.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sylink posted:

That's fine and all, but another settlement needs our help. They're being threatened by raiders.

I'll mark it on your map.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Orange Sunshine posted:

That's fine and all, but another settlement needs our help. They're being threatened by raiders.

I'll mark it on your map.

It was never that annoying to me, but if you never wanna hear that again, now you can just enslave every drat farm in the Commonwealth. And get paid for it.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Speedball posted:

It was never that annoying to me, but if you never wanna hear that again, now you can just enslave every drat farm in the Commonwealth. And get paid for it.

I like to think I'm providing protection from other, less merciful gangs.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Sylink posted:

I vaguely remember The Secret World doing something like this, which much like everything else about that game was an interesting concept completely buried under the weight of its janky MMO systems. Maybe it would work better in a single player game, or maybe being inserted into a radiant script would just break it in a dozen other ways.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Had a weird glitch. To my disappointment a rusty t-45 spawned in 35 Court (level 60 something). But after taking a few steps I realized I was walking in a X-01 suit.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

So despite reading every guide on bugs and glitches I cannot get the game to recognize that my powered teleporter pieces are all together and juiced to take me to the institute.

Any tips?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Speedball posted:

I had a weird bug in one of my games. You know how companions will comment on recent combat encounters? You fight bugs, Codsworth mentions how big the roaches are these days, you fight Super Mutants, they talk about mutants, etc... In one of my games, everyone got stuck on "synths" and every so often every single companion kept talking about synths.

Gage's comment on synths was pretty funny though. He's offended nobody's tried to replace him with a synth impostor. "I'm important! Right?"

I get this bug eventually in every playthrough. I've had them babble about Super Mutants and Raiders constantly. No idea what causes it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

W/o giving away too much, is it a bad idea to support only one raider gang?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rinkles posted:

W/o giving away too much, is it a bad idea to support only one raider gang?

No, only one will ever betray you. It defaults to the Disciples if you don't give them and another gang anything, though.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Rinkles posted:

Had a weird glitch. To my disappointment a rusty t-45 spawned in 35 Court (level 60 something). But after taking a few steps I realized I was walking in a X-01 suit.

I think this is one of those "normal" glitches. Every time I've been there, at or beyond level 29, outwardly the suit appears to be one thing (T-60/51/45) then magically transmongrifies to an X-01 when you put it on. I don't recall that I've ever seen the X-01 in that location prior to entering the suit.

:iiam:

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Those tribute chests that unlocks by making 8 raider outposts can contain legendary items. Found a mutant slayer's sword in one of mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

UGH. I built up Starlight as my main crafting / farming place in survival mode. I thought I was being clever by putting a concrete wall in front of its workbench to protect its contents (weapons / ammo) from settlers. I mean, you can NOT get in, and I just briefly turn off clipping to zip in and out of it. I removed all weapons from all settlers and did a test fight and they used fists, did not grab weapons.

I'm walking back and hear a fight, see super mutants, and then see several mininuke detonations. No. not suiciders ... some settler, some how, had grabbed my Fat Man from the workbench and used all my mininukes. WTF? HOW?

I hate this aspect of the AI with the fire of a thousand suns.

Now I need to build some kind of exotic secure storage room in the sky just so I can place weapons there.

• Locked thread