Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oh. I am a fat, balding 48 year old, but 13 year old girls are my spirit animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Well thats a gently caress of a way to start a new page.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Captain Swing could destroy an entire loom with one swing of his sledge hammer!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I am a sort of normal-weight but formerly slender balding 41-year-old... but a fat, balding 48-year-old is my spirit animal.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
18/f/fl :bigtran:

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
I'm ok with any voice communications except discord. It's horrible at sound control and can go gently caress itself.

It's wonderful for large chat rooms ala IRC.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Any of you jagoffs want Freeman? $5 salary.

Hell, rookies in the second round will be more expensive.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Looking over your roster, the main guy that I'd be interested in is Freeman, who obviously has a very low salary. Presumably you wouldn't want to trade him, but I'd entertain a trade deal involving Le'Veon Bell...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Cant spend a $5 great dude for a $55 suspended dude.

Sorry.

I would take 2 mid-tier, some picks, something...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

Any of you jagoffs want Freeman? $5 salary.

Hell, rookies in the second round will be more expensive.

Yes yes I would

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Cant spend a $5 great dude for a $55 suspended dude.

Sorry.

I would take 2 mid-tier, some picks, something...

Yeah that's fine, look over my roster and make me an offer. My main issue is being close to the cap, though, so getting rid of expensive RBs in favor of cheaper RBs is a higher priority than just accumulating RBs.

But I'd totally trade you picks for Freeman, if you like?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am apparently cheap in FF as well as IRL.

I see a dude I want and go 'Holy poo poo, $34? gently caress that.'

Let me look in the morn when I am sober and can look up dudes.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Our league has 22 players with salaries of $34 and over (including four free agents), which means there's 18 owned, or an average of 1.5 such players per team right now.

e. the Second Round Kickers have the highest paid player (Antonio Brown), the third-highest paid player (Gronk), and a third player over $34 (DeAndre Hopkins, at $39). And yet, that team still has $50 of cap space.

Of course, they also have seven more slots to fill, not including IR and practice squad.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 3, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
22 out of uhhh... 460?

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Excited for draft tomorrow. Sadly no voice chat for me, I was switched to a closing shift so will be at work until 830 pacific, so...yay for phone drafting via app!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Leperflesh posted:

Our league has 22 players with salaries of $34 and over (including four free agents), which means there's 18 owned, or an average of 1.5 such players per team right now.

e. the Second Round Kickers have the highest paid player (Antonio Brown), the third-highest paid player (Gronk), and a third player over $34 (DeAndre Hopkins, at $39). And yet, that team still has $50 of cap space.

Of course, they also have seven more slots to fill, not including IR and practice squad.

Yeah its great! I have no RBs and my QBs consist of Old Man Palmer and Don't Care Cutler, but those three players will keep me alive.

I hope.

Maybe.

Also I don't own a mic so no voice chat for me either.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
No voice chat for me either. Sleeping (hopefully) baby and the Gator game.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK well, no big deal.

Are we actually ready to draft? MFL emailed me with this very important message that I pass along to you, without bothering to add back in all the links that it contained

quote:

I Paid What For Who? MyFantasyLeague.com: Essential Instructions Regarding Your Upcoming Live Draft
Don't want email from MyFantasyLeague.com? Click here to unsubscribe from all emails.

Dear MyFantasyLeague.com Commissioner,

This message contains essential information to ensure your fast-approaching live draft for your league at http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/79286 goes smoothly. For most leagues, the draft is the single most important one-time event for the entire season. It's important to us that this key event goes as smoothly as possible for your league, and to make that happen, you must read the following instructions.

To help prepare for your live draft, we strongly suggest that you take a few minutes to read our How To Prepare For A MyFantasyLeague.com Live Draft page. This document contains essential information that you need to know before you start your live draft on the site.

Some key points in that document include:

What you need to do now, before your live draft.
Making sure that owners understand what "Pre-Draft Picks" are for, and when to use them.
Why you need to be logged in as the league commissioner during your live draft.
First steps for what to do in case of problems.
Having a backup plan in place.

Once you read the "How To Prepare For A MyFantasyLeague.com Live Draft" page, if you have any follow up questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via the fill-out form available from your Help > Help Center page. Here you can choose the "Draft" category and review some of the most commonly asked questions. Should you still need assistance please submit a ticket directly to us from the Help Center page.

In addition, if any problems should arise during your live draft, use the Emergency Draft Help! link in your live draft room to get in touch with us right away. If you contact us immediately, in the middle of your draft, we'll most likely be able to help you get going again.

Thanks for your time,

The MyFantasyLeague.com Technical Support Team

I Paid What For Who? Address:
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/79286

Want to stop getting emails from us? See your Contact Info page.

Questions about this site? Check out our Help > Help Center page.

Become a FantasySharks.com VIP member - You get MFL league discounts, MFL10s credits, apparel, a membership pin, and access to tools that provide a winning edge like The Machine and Draft Analyzer and a whole bunch more.

MFL Platinum 2016 - for Android and Kindle - owners can view live scores, set lineups, post/reply to messages, view standings, read player news and more!

I'm pretty sure I did all the things already. The important bit is what I said earlier that you really need to pay attention to if you don't want to basically autodraft despite being right there and ready to draft:

quote:

The "pre-draft" feature on the site was designed mainly for long-running email-type drafts, but at times it can be helpful for live drafts, too. The most important thing to understand about this feature is the following:

Any pre-draft picks submitted by an owner will be selected as soon as it's that owner's turn to pick for that given pick of the draft. In other words, if you have submitted pre-draft picks for round 2 of your draft, as soon as the team before you in round 2 picks in your draft, the system will go through your pre-draft list at that time (even if you're actively logged into the draft!) and make your pick for you.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I started drinking at 11. I should be prime in 10 hours.

So yeah, I am good to go.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I'm pretty sure I did all the things already. The important bit is what I said earlier that you really need to pay attention to if you don't want to basically autodraft despite being right there and ready to draft:

I'm assuming the list you make in the Live Draft Room doesn't have the same effect. I have a long list there that would be pretty bad as an autodraft list.

I gotta take a nap before I can start drinking - I only slept three hours before I went to work at 4 this morning. Last year during the draft I think I wrecked myself with G&Ts...I'll probably stick to beer this time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I did not make that list in the live draft room - that's MFL's thing.

What each owner probably wants to do is populate their "my draft list":

quote:

The "My Draft List " feature allows owners to set up a personal draft list for picks, without automatically having those picks made as soon as the team is on the clock. It should be thought of as more of a personally-defined draft guide.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It bears repeating that MFL does not know how to implement our drafted player salaries. A commissioner (probably me) will have to manually enter the correct salary for every player drafted. MFL also "remembers" the salary for players that were previously on a team, but subsequently dropped.

So, don't be thrown by that. For example, Matt Forte currently shows a salary of $39. His actual salary is $0, and if someone draft him, it'll be - manually, possibly after the draft - set to whatever his draft position is, as follows:

quote:

The first four picks in the first round are paid $20
The fifth through eighth picks are paid $18
The ninth through twelfth picks are paid $16
All players drafted in the second round are paid $8
All players drafted in the third round are paid $4
All players drafted in the fourth round are paid $2
All remaining drafted players (fifth and later rounds) are paid $1

I also found another case where I previously said something incorrect about our rules, so I want to clarify:

quote:

7.5 Non-rookie free agents may not be placed on a Taxi Squad.

quote:

9.3 Non-rookies (veterans) traded onto a team or picked up off of free agency cannot be placed on a taxi squad.

Rookies, as defined by the NFL, are eligible for the squad. Non-rookies are not, even if they have never been played by a team.

So this:

Leperflesh posted:

So any player that missed all of last year would qualify to be on a taxi squad this year, including long-time NFL veterans who simply weren't startable last year.

Is just plain wrong. I'm sorry, Epi Lepi! I really need to actually refer back to the rules before answering rules questions. Yeesh.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am just clearing any and all draft lists before the draft. No use taking a chance.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
gently caress you Forsett.

Dibs on whatever FA RB there is. Stamped it, no erasies.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
my RB situation is still worse

e: actually maybe not lol

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 3, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Stevie Lee posted:

my RB situation is still worse

e: actually maybe not lol

gently caress. loving gently caress.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

gently caress. loving gently caress.

Want to trade for Latavius Murray?

Also looking at the MFL draft page it appears there is a voice/video chat built into the interface? Anyone with experience with this at all?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
What are the chances Zeke falls to 4?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf, I'll trade you Tim Hightower for Brandon LaFell. You need the RB backup, and that clears a little more cap space for me.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Fuckin done.

Edit: wait whats hightower cost? 6?

Edit2: 9$ ? gently caress it, i dont even have 2 rbs to start week 1...

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 4, 2016

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Javorius Allen is available if there's any interest, need a TE

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Whatcha want? I cant even field two starting running backs yet.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009

Spermy Smurf posted:

total newb

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I really need a TE, sent offer for old man Whitten, but if you have a better idea I'm open

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Dont think I can do that, Witten is my starting TE.

Allen is what? 3rd in depth? Dixon and someone ahead?

On a side note, all out of whiskey, so I swapped to brandy.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Dont think I can do that, Witten is my starting TE.

Allen is what? 3rd in depth? Dixon and someone ahead?

On a side note, all out of whiskey, so I swapped to brandy.

He's the passing downs back for sure, and I figured at least a timeshare. He was pretty good at a lot of times last year. It's all good though, I'm fairly comfortable with my team really just not looking for much beyond TE & maybe QB

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I'm so excited to see if any startable RBs slip to me at 11. Cause I do not have faith in Blount or Spencer Ware for an entire season. I mean, with Gronk, AB84 and Nuk I think I can survive but who knows.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
We survived another draft (mostly)! Huzzah!

Good luck everyone (except the weeks you play me)!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I submit a petition to allow Dante Fowler to count as a rookie since he never even saw preseason last year

(so I can gain a competitive advantage)

sign here please:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, that could have gone more smoothly, but once I figured out how to enable a timer, it sort of went OK!

Please nobody make any roster moves until I've had a chance to get all the drafted players' salaries put in. Once I do that, we'll be open for the next waiver period. I will create one to start as soon as I'm done, which will run on Wednesday at 11 AM eastern, per the regular season schedule. From then on, waivers will run every wednesday and saturday.

As with last year, you have a $100 FAAB budget, which the site will keep track of so I don't have to.

Now is also a good time to verify that nothing is hosed up... like, you have the players you drafted, etc. We will also find out shortly whether anyone accidentally busted their cap!