Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I buy whichever mouse fits my hand best. :shobon:

e: See, you don’t need a 500 IPS mouse to snype a new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Buy mice? A mouse came with a work laptop 4 years ago and after I brought it home I just sort of kept it. They're basically pens.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Yeah, but those free mice have only 2 buttons, 3 if your lucky. I need at least 6

And those weights are a gimmick that I love. 105 extra grams doesn't sound like a big deal, but that little extra heft feels so much better than it would without the weights.
In all reality, they probably just decided to gently caress up the weight distribution of the mouse, and then offer the balancing weights that would normally be a non-removable part of the mouse as a "customizable feature" to trick morons into paying more for what they were already getting in the first place

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've never bothered with Gaming Keyboards and Gaming Mice because I hate the way they feel. I'm always hitting buttons I didn't intend to, because the pinky finger is much less controllable than the middle three so they can occasionally 'twitch' and press the wrong button when I get stressed out.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I cannot blame you at all, it took forever to get used to my keypad. I still occasionally hit shift instead of tab, but having QWER isolated so that I'm not accidentally drifting over to WERT is worth not being able to check the scoreboard on the first press

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Honestly any PC games I play on a wired Xbox 360 controller. If I ever played FPS's or strat games I'd KB+M but I generally don't.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I play on a Razer gaming mouse I bought second-hand for like twenty bucks and an old IBM Model M keyboard I nicked from a job I had in high school.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I have a Logitech G300S (At least that's what it says on the bottom of it). https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G300s-Optical-Gaming-910-004360/dp/B00RH6R7C4
I actually recommend it if you want a mouse to play games but don't want to spend $$$ on those pro-noscope mice.
It doesn't have a billion and one gimmicks on it. Just four macro buttons (One which I've set to spam the gently caress out of M1 when I hold it down) and a DPI switcher which is super handy for games that cripple and gimp your turning speed when in turrets and stuff. It's not a silly stupid shape either which is a big plus.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I use a gamer mouse at work, being able to copy/paste with mouse buttons owns. And for just general wasting my life reading the internet, having Forward/Back/F5 on the mouse fuckin owns as well.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
The Hyperion Fury and Proteus Core etc. may sound like dumb names, but I actually got to talk to a Logitech rep and he explained it. And it isn't dumb.

The way he explained it was asking people "what phone do you have?" The majority of people say stuff like "6S," "Galaxy S5," etc. They don't often go "Apple," "Android," etc. And model numbers are hard to remember properly. So you give the product a name, and people remember it and communicate with it. Then you sponsor some esports teams who say "when I'm fragging noobs, I use the Proteus Core from Logitech." And it worked. Sales of those mice are gangbusters.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
This is the dumb box thing all over again.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

We may be getting taken advantage of, but at least we got physical products that we wanted through legitimate distributors and not a print out of a train from a bot that trawls Ebay listings :v:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That looks like a robot beetle. I expect it to spread robot wings and fly off to get some robot elephant robot poop.

It's a flying robot dung beetle and nobody can convince me otherwise.
First time I walked through the mouse aisle in my local store I legit thought they were all licensed Michael Bay Transformers mice or something. One had this ribbed plastic hose running along a huge gap between its front and back halves that I'd bet anything would light up.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

KEYBOARD CHAT

The Logitech Washable Keyboard K310 is currently an absolutely ridiculous $80 on amazon because they're discontinued I guess but I bought mine for like $22 and it's goddamn amazing. If I spill something on it I dump it in the sink. If there's bits of feather casings between the keys I grab the sprayer and just hose the whole thing down. It takes like thirty seconds and it's good as new. Then I shake it dry, plug it back in, and race to the dumb moves in marketing thread to tell everybody how great my keyboard is.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

My keyboard is better than all your keyboards combined.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

KEYBOARD CHAT

The Logitech Washable Keyboard K310 is currently an absolutely ridiculous $80 on amazon because they're discontinued I guess but I bought mine for like $22 and it's goddamn amazing. If I spill something on it I dump it in the sink. If there's bits of feather casings between the keys I grab the sprayer and just hose the whole thing down. It takes like thirty seconds and it's good as new. Then I shake it dry, plug it back in, and race to the dumb moves in marketing thread to tell everybody how great my keyboard is.

Yes, but how does it handle goop?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

Yes, but how does it handle goop?

It's washable so I'd imagine pretty well.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just saw this commercial for the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?vH2LsFcWOFY

:stare:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

You need to remove the / from your link.

It reminded me of this which is a notorious "banned" commercial, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was just meant for promo discs, the internet and shows about funny commercials.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brsI6z13Su8

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spotted on our very forums:

I don't think you want the X in your "X meets Y" to be what people generally consider Tim Burton at his most complacent.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Guys I think the naming is getting out of hand.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mu Zeta posted:

Square degrees.

BRB, registering the trademark “2 π2∕81 steradians”

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 01:59 on Sep 6, 2016

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

It's just telling you how much pizza you can expect.

2.2 full pies

2.5 full pies

2.8 full pies

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

At least 1000 Degrees was the only one to not use both the degree symbol and spell it out.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Maybe it was meant to be 100 degrees, and someone messed up?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like......360 degrees. It's pizza. It's a circle. You got a name right there.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
1080 Pizza would be a good pizza place name.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
420 Pizza

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Just go to Brooklyn for a pizza from Di Fara sheesh

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Waffleman_ posted:

They're actually temperature. All you get is vaporized pizza.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Waffleman_ posted:

I think they refer to oven temperatures. Certified Neapolitan pizza is baked no longer than 90 seconds in a wood fired oven, at a temperature of around 900 degrees Fahrenheit

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I'm pretty sure they use metric in Naples.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

500 degrees Celsius does not sound impressive

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Holy poo poo is that a good idea.

BRB, setting up a pizza shack next to a university.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Zwille posted:

I'm pretty sure they use metric in Naples.

Jesus Christ nothing escapes this guy. It's not like I didn't check the official Pizza Napoletana specification (UNI 10791:98) beforehand or anything, which states (emphasis mine)

IT/TSG/007/0031/09.02.2005 posted:

Baking
Using a little flour and a rotating movement, the ‘pizzaiolo’ (pizza chef) transfers the garnished pizza onto a wooden (or aluminium) baker’s peel and slides it onto the cooking floor of the oven with a quick flick of the wrist, which prevents the garnish from running. The ‘Pizza Napoletana’ TSG is baked exclusively in wood-fired ovens with a baking temperature of 485 °C, which is essential for producing the ‘Pizza Napoletana’ TSG.

The pizza chef must monitor the baking of the pizza by lifting its side using a metal peel and rotating the pizza towards the fire, taking care always to use the same initial area of the cooking floor to ensure that the pizza does not burn due to differences in temperatures. It is important that the pizza is baked uniformly across its entire circumference.

Still using the metal peel, when baking is finished, the pizza chef removes the pizza from the oven and places it on the plate. The baking time must not exceed 60 to 90 seconds.

After baking, the pizza has the following characteristics: the tomatoes, having lost only their excess water, remain compact and solid; the ‘Mozzarella di Bufala Campana AOP’ or ‘Mozzarella STG’ are melted on the surface of the pizza; the basil, garlic and oregano emit an intense aroma and do not look burnt.

• Baking temperature on the cooking floor of the oven: approximately 485 °C
  • Temperature at the oven dome: approximately 430 °C
  • Baking time: 60-90 seconds
  • Temperature reached by the dough: 60-65 °C
  • Temperature reached by the tomatoes: 75-80 °C
  • Temperature reached by the oil: 75-85 °C
  • Temperature reached by the mozzarella: 65-70 °C

(TSG application IT/TSG/007/0031/09.02.2005, published in European Union OJ L 34, 5 February 2010, pages 7-17, annex II)

485°C is almost exactly 900°F (905 in fact)

hackbunny has a new favorite as of 14:19 on Sep 6, 2016

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

The North Tower posted:

1080 Pizza would be a good pizza place name.

this is good

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

hackbunny posted:

Jesus Christ nothing escapes this guy. It's not like I didn't check the official Pizza Napoletana specification (UNI 10791:98) beforehand or anything, which states (emphasis mine)

(TSG application IT/TSG/007/0031/09.02.2005, published in European Union OJ L 34, 5 February 2010, pages 7-17, annex II)

Holy poo poo dude take your blood pressure medication

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

spog posted:

Cheese slice for 69 cents on Saturdays.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

hackbunny posted:

Wow. Dork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

spog posted:

Can't believe nobody has thought of that before!