Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Another failure by Projekt is my new sig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Did the latest patch break something? All of a sudden 1 decoction gets me to 70% toxicity, when I have acquired tolerance and a lot of other alchemy skills.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Bogart posted:

I like the part about his super high IQ

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Bogart posted:

I think "off to solve some math and physics problems then do x" would be a better sig

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Must be a weird edge case, swapping around some mutations and and skills fixed my toxicity.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Arglebargle III posted:

Must be a weird edge case, swapping around some mutations and and skills fixed my toxicity.

It happened to me too, a bunch of skills just don't work until they're removed and reapplied after the patch.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Gorgolflox posted:

I like the part about his super high IQ

brb u guys, i gotta finish proving the riemann hypothesis b4 replayin w3

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Oh wow fairytale land late game B&W
The French wolf made me spit soda over my desk :unsmith:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Witcher 2077

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Senjuro posted:

Not sure about that. If you don't limit the player's choices to the shallow stuff then even the best writers in the world won't help you make something as good as The Witcher 3. Imagine if you could choose your character's background like in DA or ME and make Geralt some mercenary or knight instead of a witcher, you'd have to change the way the whole world reacts to you. Maybe a few select characters would still mention how they dislike you if you choose to be a witcher but it won't be nearly as pervasive. You'll also have no choice but to set a lot of the player's past in stone if you want to bring in characters that have a lot of history with the player like Yen.

Honestly, I'm happy with a fairly fixed character that lets me design them. :ninja: Maybe let me use responses to pick their personality a bit. I'll project the rest.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

DoctorGonzo posted:

Witcher 2077

I'll allow it.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I wonder if they'd have a silver sword for monsters and guns that can use multiple ammo types ala Judge Dredd since there's little point in trying to kill humans with a sword anymore.

That just turns into something like Hellgate: London though potentially and that's just a dreadful precedent I guess.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Arglebargle III posted:

Did the latest patch break something? All of a sudden 1 decoction gets me to 70% toxicity, when I have acquired tolerance and a lot of other alchemy skills.

This happened to me. PS4. What fixed it was removing that skill and all armor and meditating. Then I put everything back on.

You may not have to do everything but I figured rather just do it once rather than guessing.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

JetsGuy posted:

This happened to me. PS4. What fixed it was removing that skill and all armor and meditating. Then I put everything back on.

You may not have to do everything but I figured rather just do it once rather than guessing.

Same thing, just un the reequipped accquired tolerance and that fixed it. I got a couple of freezes requiring a hard reboot during dialogue scenes as well, not sure if that's related to the update or installing a new GPU.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

necrobobsledder posted:

That just turns into something like Hellgate: London though potentially and that's just a dreadful precedent I guess.
Man I havent heard that name in forever. I never played Hellgate: London but I remember seeing a trailer for it that got my interest piqued a little, but then heard right after it came out that it was dreadful. I guess nothing ever came of it?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Witcher 2077

that's actually the next metal gear rising game

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Bort Bortles posted:

Man I havent heard that name in forever. I never played Hellgate: London but I remember seeing a trailer for it that got my interest piqued a little, but then heard right after it came out that it was dreadful. I guess nothing ever came of it?

It went bust. some Asians bought it for pennies and tried a f2p thing that went as well as expected.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Witcher 2077
Man, Roach has grown up.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

necrobobsledder posted:

I wonder if they'd have a silver sword for monsters and guns that can use multiple ammo types ala Judge Dredd since there's little point in trying to kill humans with a sword anymore.

I don't think you have a proper appreciation of the cyberpunk genre yet. :colbert:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Shannow posted:

Same thing, just un the reequipped accquired tolerance and that fixed it. I got a couple of freezes requiring a hard reboot during dialogue scenes as well, not sure if that's related to the update or installing a new GPU.

I did try just unequipping acquired tolerance but it didn't work. I suspect if I drank white honey to clear the toxicity before that though it would have worked.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gamerofthegame posted:

that's actually the next metal gear rising game

nanomachines literal magic, son

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
You know I've played this game twice and I still dot know the "proper" way to handle that unblockable change attack thing Cyclopes and golems and elementals do. I've just kept mashing circle which is the hop dodge.

Which feels cheap as hell and I just must be missing something silly.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JetsGuy posted:

You know I've played this game twice and I still dot know the "proper" way to handle that unblockable change attack thing Cyclopes and golems and elementals do. I've just kept mashing circle which is the hop dodge.

Which feels cheap as hell and I just must be missing something silly.

use the actual dodge and not the parry/sidestep?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

68 hours in and it keeps getting better. Spent some time doing side quests today, getting all the Witcher gear plans, crafting superior oils, potions, and bombs, and now I'm setting off for the Isle of Mists. :bubblewoop:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I don't think you have a proper appreciation of the cyberpunk genre yet. :colbert:

The silver sword kills monsters and the carbon nanofibre sword is inlaid with circuitry that allows it to penetrate the electrorepulsive shielding humans wear which renders conventional weaponry ineffective. :science:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

68 hours in and it keeps getting better. Spent some time doing side quests today, getting all the Witcher gear plans, crafting superior oils, potions, and bombs, and now I'm setting off for the Isle of Mists. :bubblewoop:
Make sure you do all the sidequests for your ol' pal Djikstra before you do that.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Accordion Man posted:

Make sure you do all the sidequests for your ol' pal Djikstra before you do that.
I don't have any quests in my tracker but the main quest, Blood and Wine, Hearts of Stone, and one Witcher contract that's too high level for me, so I think I've done about all I can.

Edit: and Gwent quests that I've ignored

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 4, 2016

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I've played the original Witcher since day 1, i even have that big collectors edition and the original unpatch 30 hour load times. I've played this game all the way through loads of times over the years.

This week marks the first time i discovered that you can loving fist fight Eskel in Kaer Morhen and start the fist fighting quest from him instead.

Also discovered lambet has new stuff to say after taking triss to her room, it always bugged how the game was never clear that the Wild Hunt chases Geralt in the intro but Lambet straight up tells you. poo poo is blowing my mind.

Also Geralts mum gets name dropped in the first glossary you get. Reading books is paying off! :smuggo:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Vikar Jerome posted:

I've played the original Witcher since day 1, i even have that big collectors edition and the original unpatch 30 hour load times. I've played this game all the way through loads of times over the years.

This week marks the first time i discovered that you can loving fist fight Eskel in Kaer Morhen and start the fist fighting quest from him instead.

Also discovered lambet has new stuff to say after taking triss to her room, it always bugged how the game was never clear that the Wild Hunt chases Geralt in the intro but Lambet straight up tells you. poo poo is blowing my mind.

Also Geralts mum gets name dropped in the first glossary you get. Reading books is paying off! :smuggo:

Like you I've been playing this series since day one, repeatedly. Probably beaten it 12 or more times now. And I never knew about the fist fighting poo poo; how did you pull that off?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So I'm doing an NG+ to lead into my Blood And Wine playthrough and I appear to have hit a snag. I'm at Kaer Morhen doing the Ugly Baby quests, and Yennefer won't spawn. I've done Eskel and Lambert's quests, but Yen's quest won't give me a map marker and if I go to her room it's empty -- no Yen, no megascope, no quest. Google has been unhelpful. Has anyone else hit this bug, and if so how do I make her spawn?

I hope I don't have to scrap this save file, I'm enjoying it. Forgot how fun this game was.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Accordion Man posted:

I did all his quests but he still told ne to gently caress off. So did Emhyr.

Im just going around trying to get all the ? things done so I can get all the potions/bombs.

Where so I find White Gull.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
So a question for someone who just picked up this game a few weeks ago. I just finished the battle of kaer morhen which I thought would be the end but it seems there is more to the game? How close am I to the finish roughly (main storyline wise)?I just downloaded all the expansion dlcs should I wait to new game + those or something or is there a lot more after that mission and I can go hit up side quests or anything like that

BlackJosh fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 4, 2016

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I just finished the base game on my first playthough in 96 hours and 17 minutes

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I beat the main game on PS4 a while ago, but it was a rented copy as I was waiting for the complete/Game of the Year edition before I actually bought the game. Is there anything that can actually accurately gauge if one can play certain games on their computer? I enjoyed playing it on PS4 but if I could actually connect it to a Witcher 2 save playing it on PC would be nice too.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BlackJosh posted:

So a question for someone who just picked up this game a few weeks ago. I just finished the battle of kaer morhen which I thought would be the end but it seems there is more to the game? How close am I to the finish roughly (main storyline wise)?I just downloaded all the expansion dlcs should I wait to new game + those or something or is there a lot more after that mission and I can go hit up side quests or anything like that

I'd suggest you play Blood and Wine when you beat the game, but Hearts of Stone you could start around when you hit the rec level, which is 30?

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Drifter posted:

I'd suggest you play Blood and Wine when you beat the game, but Hearts of Stone you could start around when you hit the rec level, which is 30?

I just got to that level after that mission so awesome! Thanks for the help guys

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Beeez posted:

I beat the main game on PS4 a while ago, but it was a rented copy as I was waiting for the complete/Game of the Year edition before I actually bought the game. Is there anything that can actually accurately gauge if one can play certain games on their computer? I enjoyed playing it on PS4 but if I could actually connect it to a Witcher 2 save playing it on PC would be nice too.

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=3443&game=The%20Witcher%20III

Slam your computer stats into this I guess

There are only 2 important things from Witcher 2 that carry over imo, one of which you can get when you simulate a save in Witcher 3. (whether or not you let Letho live)

The other is the sweet tattoo from the Blue Stripes quest :slick:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

BlackJosh posted:

You've got another ten hours or so of main quest content. Once you finish the main game, everything is still open so you can go back and do side quests and so on. Hearts of Stone you can start around level 30, but both expansions are basically standalone post-game content so do whatever.

If you start HoS, when you get to the wedding, it is important that the very first thing you do is LOSE the Gwent game to the halflings. Trust me.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I hope Cyberpunk 2077 reads your Witcher 3 savegame and gives your character a kickass electric-blue tattoo if Geralt had one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My quest is still bugged. I tried downloading debug-console-enabling mods so I can skip forward in the quest and move on with my life but none of them work :argh: