Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

TjyvTompa posted:

I'm gonna get me a warhorn right now.

Reminder: Solo Kill = Killing Blow and most damage dealt on a Mech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Eh, least its different.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
2 games in so far and I've seen 3 people melt down due to overheating early game. This promises to be a magical weekend.

Edit: What's LRM like in 3rd person? Might be the least painful way to try and knock that mission out.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 3, 2016

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Man you really got to poopsock for some of those achievements. 11 successful matches for some of them

Lol ammo achievement guide: Remove one heatsink, put on a machinegun and a half ton of ammo.

Skoll posted:

Eh, least its different.

:agreed:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
First match counting for the tournament = 8 points collected for different "challenges". And I'm just derping around in an Arctic Cheater.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Clapping surat you say?

I may have to mess around with this.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
The "Russ' kid just watched 'Stranger Things' on Netflix" Event.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Well, they're giving away free paint and decals. I'm not going to complain. Especially because most of the ones I actually want are relatively easy.

Edit: It's a really nice shade of brown. Looks good with a lot of other colours. Definitely recommend it.

aniviron fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 3, 2016

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

231 MC at stake if you hate yourself.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Well this is the saddest attempt at a tie-in with "Popular Thing" I have ever seen in a game.

"Paul, quick...what are the Tweeters talking about on the Twitter-box?"

"A Strange Thing? Something with a Barb?"

"Make an event!"

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Edit: What's LRM like in 3rd person? Might be the least painful way to try and knock that mission out.

Well, it's the only way that isn't utter suicide. Not only is impossible to effectively aim anything else - even SRMs or LBXs - in third person, but if you move too close to a wall and the camera glitches into 1PV for a half-second, it apparently causes the challenge to bug out. It's possible though unconfirmed that simply starting in a dropship fails the challenge, too.

A LRM can at least sit in the back and hope to get a random killing blow while the rest of the team wins the match, but it's still completely not worth it for some premium time. Especially since it doesn't affect the other challenges.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
The sad thing is that 3PV is ALMOST usable with a mid-range build with (almost) all torso-mounted weapons, except that the aim point jitters all over the drat place.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Trip report, free arrow decals to point to your naughty bits.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
These challenges are pretty unfun.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I'm actually glad I'm on a trip so I can't co Vince myself to grind those out.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
You leave Vince out of this.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I decided it was better to be really awful at BF1 than watch pub after pub meltdown trying to do a mission.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Maybe one of you has run into this. I have a brand new PC which should ostensibly tear this game in half, even for a Crytek game. Except it takes forever to load into a match and then when I do, whenever I turn my cockpit textures pop in like crazy and my framerate tanks. I suspect it's the drive and I just need to hurry up and RMA it but I thought I'd ask in case it was a known issue.

Orv fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 4, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

Maybe one of you has run into this. I have a brand new PC which should ostensibly tear this game in half, even for a Crytek game. Except it takes forever to load into a match and then when I do, whenever I turn my cockpit textures pop in like crazy and my framerate tanks. I suspect it's the drive and I just need to hurry up and RMA it but I thought I'd ask in case it was a known issue.

It should load pretty quickly and run extremely well on anything remotely modern.

Runs some diagnostics & memtest and be prepared to replace some parts.

If that doesn't work throw away your computer and become an agrarian luddite or something.
:shrug:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I'm struggling to think of a good thing to say about this event. I've never worked so hard for 11 MC in my life. Apparently if you NARC someone and then kill them yourself, it doesn't count. I'm sure TAG is going to be equally bugged. It's hard enough to get the NARC on an enemy as it is. It's loving impossible to get 11 other pubbies to kill the fucks. 8 of 11 down. All have been in goon groups.

grumble grumble grumble

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Inimicul posted:

I'm struggling to think of a good thing to say about this event. I've never worked so hard for 11 MC in my life. Apparently if you NARC someone and then kill them yourself, it doesn't count. I'm sure TAG is going to be equally bugged. It's hard enough to get the NARC on an enemy as it is. It's loving impossible to get 11 other pubbies to kill the fucks. 8 of 11 down. All have been in goon groups.

grumble grumble grumble

Yeah, I *highly* recommend you just do the ones that you actually want. Skip them if the reward is crappy OR if the challenge is too painful. For me, that means skipping the 3rd person challenge, the 10-hour challenge, all the equipment challenges except for the UAV Detection one, and the Defensive Kill challenge which only awards CBills anyway.

Also, :siren: PSA: Because of the bugs, the 3rd person challenge has been set to trigger after only one match credited.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

NihilCredo posted:

Yeah, I *highly* recommend you just do the ones that you actually want. Skip them if the reward is crappy OR if the challenge is too painful. For me, that means skipping the 3rd person challenge, the 10-hour challenge, all the equipment challenges except for the UAV Detection one, and the Defensive Kill challenge which only awards CBills anyway.

Also, :siren: PSA: Because of the bugs, the 3rd person challenge has been set to trigger after only one match credited.

The UAV detection one is a good one to do because they constantly throw you free UAV's, and seemingly if you pop the UAV and it detects a mech with ECM on it, it also counts towards the countering ECM challenge, so its two birds one stone. You can shove coolshots onto the same mech with the UAV's and needlessly press the coolshot to finish that one too.

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Sep 4, 2016

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Inimicul posted:

grumble grumble grumble

Joke is on you. If you do that to yourself for a measily 11 MC and a single Cockpit item. Do those things:

They are easy.

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Sep 4, 2016

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Orv posted:

This sounds like you should change the direct-x settings ingame options. Use the other renderer whichever one you ahve set.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It seems to be some bizarre post-install first load issue, I'm not even sure what to call it besides that. First time on every map the game runs like complete garbage and loads into the map even slower, but every time after that it's completely fine. :pgi:

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Joke is on you. If you do that to yourself for a measily 11 MC and a single Cockpit item. Do those things:

They are easy.

Did you get the overheat one to work? I overheated so many times, and survived, and it didn't trigger once so it must be something else you have to do.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

TjyvTompa posted:

Did you get the overheat one to work? I overheated so many times, and survived, and it didn't trigger once so it must be something else you have to do.

You need to overheat while the Override is engaged (which increases the damage received while overheating, but prevents being shut down). And yes, got it.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Tank Boy Ken posted:

You need to overheat while the Override is engaged (which increases the damage received while overheating, but prevents being shut down). And yes, got it.

It's best to cheese this one, too. At match start, engage Override and overheat yourself up to 100.00000001% (you'll hear bitchin' Betty notifying you). On Frozen City I managed to trigger it without even taking any damage at all.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Kodiak 1 + six PPCs and bam

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Tank Boy Ken posted:

That's so weird, I did that so many times yesterday but I never got it once. Gonna try it again I guess.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Saw that mastery packs were 20% off....grabbed the Black Jack and the Thunderbolt. Figured might as well use up some of that MC from poor founding decisions.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
Good calls. I loving HATE Blackjacks for how tanky they seem whenever I need them dead.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Saw that mastery packs were 20% off....grabbed the Black Jack and the Thunderbolt. Figured might as well use up some of that MC from poor founding decisions.

I grabbed the Stalker mastery pack myself, trying to get used to the Misery right now.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

TjyvTompa posted:

I grabbed the Stalker mastery pack myself, trying to get used to the Misery right now.

I was thinking of grabbing either Stalkers, the Battlemasters, or Banshees with my last 9k MC. Leaning towards Stalker just to get a bit of weight variation in the stable.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Stalker has literally always been the best mastery pack.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

TjyvTompa posted:

That's so weird, I did that so many times yesterday but I never got it once. Gonna try it again I guess.

That one seems bugged. It is doable, I got it, but I had to have about ten games where it should have counted before I got credit for the third time. Just keep going and it will kick in eventually.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

MAY THE WORST BUILD WIN

Washout posted:

Stalker has literally always been the best mastery pack.

I don't think that's true anymore. The champion 'mech in the pack is the -3F, which used to be the best variant pre-quirks, but now is arguably the worst since there isn't a single build that isn't better done on a different Stalker.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 4, 2016

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
That guy must want the 11mc for the tag and narc challenges really bad. Not sure why two tags though...

If he thinks he's going to get credit for his own kills he's going to be just as frustrated as me.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Is that the elusive shame dog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

As someone also swimming in MC from founding and quitting, I went ahead and bought the Locust pack. 2543 MC and it comes with 30 days Premium time, so really 43 MC for 3 Locusts and 3 Mech Bays.

• Locked thread