Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

cravius posted:

The average number of people struck by lightning per year is ~500 according to NOAA.

The numbers I've seen for police killings over the past decade averages slightly less than that. I agree that record keeping as to the latter can be improved.
I mean

Before 2013 it gets tough to find big bold images showing how wrong you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Ahh yes the old killed by the police Facebook page, noted reliable source

Edit: lol at the data in the first picture being based off social media posts

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Actually that was http://www.killedbypolice.net/

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Yo dudes I checked the gently caress out from football for a while, is Kaepernick expected to start week 1?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

misdirectomy posted:

Yo dudes I checked the gently caress out from football for a while, is Kaepernick expected to start week 1?

I personally do, I think he would have been traded or released by now if they were going to move on from him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

misdirectomy posted:

I think it's Gabbert, but Kaep is the backup and will stay on the team (pending a potential announcement tomorrow afternoon).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

misdirectomy posted:

Chip hasn't named a starter but probably not. Per some reports Kaepernick is fighting for a roster spot. Per other reports, Kaepernick is not. Either way he's likely not starting week one. But will be starting by week six because whoever starts in the 49ers' first five games isn't lasting the season barring a miracle (Rams, Panthers, Seahawks, Cowboys, Cardinals)

cravius posted:

I personally do, I think he would have been traded or released by now if they were going to move on from him.

somehow the least informed opinion you've had in the thread

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Spoeank posted:

somehow the least informed opinion you've had in the thread

Think of me as Kapernick, sitting down for what I believe in no matter how bullshit it is.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
:sad:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
An ex-Charger player died when he got hit by lightning twice.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Any way there's no more point in arguing, obviously no one's going to change their minds either way. At least Kaepernick got people talking about race relations and that's pretty cool.

Consider this my meltdown, puppetmaster defense, and huffy thread exit condensed into one post.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

Dah Bolts

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i look forward to vontaze burfict getting mauled by tigers in 2030

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

cravius posted:

Any way there's no more point in arguing, obviously no one's going to change their minds either way. At least Kaepernick got people talking about race relations and that's pretty cool.

Consider this my meltdown, puppetmaster defense, and huffy thread exit condensed into one post.

thanks for posting moron

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

cravius posted:

Think of me as Kapernick, sitting down for what I believe in no matter how bullshit it is.

Black people getting gunned down is bullshit? I thought you were concern trolling, but you might be straight up dumb.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

little munchkin posted:

it's cool how upset white people get about reality being brought to their attention

This post was so edgy i cut myself .

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Another Vet weighs in

quote:

THE PENTAGON – NFL Quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s refusal to stand for the national anthem has riled many Americans, including a twice-deployed Air Force captain who is demanding that he apologize.
“His behavior is absolutely reprehensible, ” Capt. Amanda Munson was overheard to say rather loudly in the direction of some Pentagon correspondents gathered outside that building’s briefing room. “Kaepernick has no idea the true cost of freedom and the sacrifice involved! I demand he apologize!” Munson reportedly added, to anyone listening.
According to David Wood, the senior military correspondent for the Huffington Post, Munson seemed to be hovering around the Pentagon’s press area early Friday.
“It was weird, like she was following us. She was always just within earshot, and kept talking loudly to, well…no one. Or maybe anyone, really. At one point, she said something like ‘…do you have any idea what walking on nothing but gravel for 60 days does to the mind? I’ve almost done that!’”
Air Force records indicate Munson doesn’t actually work full time at the Pentagon, but is a contracting officer across the river at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling. However, numerous sources revealed she is regularly seen milling around the Pentagon’s E-ring, between the 9th and 10th corridors, where the press briefing room is located.
Pentagon correspondents reportedly drew straws to see who would interview Munson, in the hopes she might go away and perhaps, join a protest in support of female infantry, which the Air Force has stubbornly refused to add within its ranks.
When asked by CNN’s Barbara Starr whether her “almost three” deployments to CENTCOM headquarters in Tampa, Lajes Air Field in Portugal, or her training for a last-minute cancelled 60-day deployment to Al-Udeid weren’t all in fact done to defend Kaepernick’s right to sit in protest, Munson just replied in a seemingly lilting manner, “I’ve gladly stood up, next to them, and I defend her [America] still today. There is no doubt I love this land. God bless the U.S.A.”
At press time, Munson reportedly had her head raised, and was staring off into what she kept calling, “…the wild blue yonder.”

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2016/09/airman-demands-apology/#ixzz4JBEkYdNy

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Hay guyz, I'm a POC and also from a family chock full of active and retired (and passed on) NYPD. So many, in fact, that I was a hair away from becoming one myself ages ago. Anyone wanna talk about police work and its problems (especially relating to the communities they police) today? :chord:

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

"Almost three deployments" is an interesting way of saying one or two

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ungratek posted:

"Almost three deployments" is an interesting way of saying one or two

It's a satire

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i knew it was A Satire fairly quick. first i started looking through the faker than hell quotes to find something to make a joke of, only to find that it was actually quite easy because everything the military person said or did was very stupid, and even nuts. then once i had typed out a post making fun of that moron i accidentally erased it and got really steamed for about 20 minutes and then ended up reading that it wasnt even real in the first place. Haha that dumbass

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

blue squares posted:

It's a satire

Shhh<:mad:> I wanted to see how many I could catch.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Haha that dumbass

hmm yes

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Hay guyz, I'm a POC and also from a family chock full of active and retired (and passed on) NYPD. So many, in fact, that I was a hair away from becoming one myself ages ago. Anyone wanna talk about police work and its problems (especially relating to the communities they police) today? :chord:

Does it bother minority police officers when the police union is loving stupid, or are they OK with it

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Winkie01 posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCian/status/771874612061745152

As always cops are the biggest babies

Didn't San Francisco just fire a bunch of cops for being racist?

Completely random but holy poo poo I went to high school with Ian. We were in a musical together.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

hifi posted:

This post was so edgy i cut myself .

look at this bitch right here

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

look at this bitch right here

He has made some good posts. Im open to achewood guy

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ross Angeles posted:

going to a superbowl as a charger means a 50% chance of an untimely death

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

updated thread title is good

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

updated thread title is good

All this crap in the ring on the field, represents these fans out here. You fans can stick it, brother!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Spoeank posted:

I mean

Before 2013 it gets tough to find big bold images showing how wrong you are

I wonder what the %s are for how many of these shootings were not controversial in the slightest. 80% 90%?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

blue squares posted:

It's a satire

Hmm. Well then

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Wouldn't it be a bigger statement of the police to come out and say "We'll continue to provide protection for the 49ers games, and Kaep can continue to say what he likes. We're here to protect and serve regardless of what some of the people we're protecting think of us." rather than "YOU HURT OUR FEELINGS! We're taking our ball and going home!"?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Pope Mobile posted:

Wouldn't it be a bigger statement of the police to come out and say "We'll continue to provide protection for the 49ers games, and Kaep can continue to say what he likes. We're here to protect and serve regardless of what some of the people we're protecting think of us." rather than "YOU HURT OUR FEELINGS! We're taking our ball and going home!"?

Didn't the St. Louis PD have a similar reaction? When the Rams players did their protest??

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Pope Mobile posted:

https://twitter.com/ByDavidMurphy/status/771920977366228992

It's worse than just that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Flikken posted:

Didn't the St. Louis PD have a similar reaction? When the Rams players did their protest??

Minneapolis police were mad about the loving Lynx wearing BLM shirts that included the Dallas officers who died

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmfao

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Henchman of Santa posted:

Minneapolis police were mad about the loving Lynx wearing BLM shirts that included the Dallas officers who died

That was stupid but it was a bit different as those guys were off-duty so not like refusing to perform their actual police jobs

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Adun posted:

That was stupid but it was a bit different as those guys were off-duty so not like refusing to perform their actual police jobs

Are Santa Clara PD not technically off duty for Niners games? I thought that came up with the Browns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Flikken posted:

I think they (the popo) might have actually gotten some backlash on that but I could be remembering wrong.

• Locked thread