Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Ulio posted:

Ya I know and I was saying Monte overblew the situation.

It sucks that we won't get the LCK casters but maybe they will get Froskurin. Not a fan of her casting but as analyst she knows a lot about China only 2nd to Papasmithy/Karon Moser. Rusty is also pretty good from the LPL casts maybe he will get to cast in an international tournament. Clement Chu was at MSI for Riot, there is a good chance they will have him. The LMS teams look pretty good.

Have you listened to Frosk lately? Her casting has improved by a million miles this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Wol posted:

Have you listened to Frosk lately? Her casting has improved by a million miles this year.

actually yeah i like frosk and Generic Australian Man too, as well as deficio, but doa/monte is still prob my favorite duo to listen to in general

papa and akilios are good too but i feel like akilios is still getting used to working with the LCK crew, like a growing pains sort of thing

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i like raz but his voice isn't very good for broadcast

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Crown this game reminded me of Faker's Viktor performances last summer.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

yeah, holy moley. Samsung might actually get to worlds. I was thinking that KT was virtually guaranteed the spot, but during the Afreeca v. SSG series I saw some good play from Ambition and now Crown is playing incredible. Hopefully they make it, I like the idea of CoreJJ going from relegated from NALCS to Worlds in 1 split

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

GreyPowerVan posted:

yeah, holy moley. Samsung might actually get to worlds. I was thinking that KT was virtually guaranteed the spot, but during the Afreeca v. SSG series I saw some good play from Ambition and now Crown is playing incredible. Hopefully they make it, I like the idea of CoreJJ going from relegated from NALCS to Worlds in 1 split

gotta be pretty lovely for Dig to think about that they had a literaly world class player that got relegated on their behalf

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
To be fair his support was kiwi

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Also to be fair Wraith was the support for 99% of the split and also arguably the best support in LCK for the split, too. Honestly Crown has been v good for a bit now, everyone knows Ambition is good, and BUNG has been a very solid addition to the team. dude team fights well and lanes well.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Ambition/BUNG for Worlds 2016

edit: Rip Ryu

https://twitter.com/H2kRyU/status/772025613783752705

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Sep 3, 2016

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Ambition Skarner :getin:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Now I really want SSG to get to Worlds so if we make a new thread for it we can title it Worlds 2016: BUNGs Ambition

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

this samsung comp is loving amazing

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

this samsung comp is loving amazing

Yeah this is really great

edit: hahahahaha the loving Skarner ban

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Sep 3, 2016

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

RIP KT. :smith:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Smol posted:

:unsmigghh:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i respect bung

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
Can't believe it's come down to this for KT. Man oh man this is not looking good for them

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
MidKingKing finally goes to World!

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Well, on the other hand, Samsung. :unsmith:

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, they did it. :golfclap:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

New thread title: Worlds 2016: BUNGs Ambition

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Smol posted:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lmao korean super rumble screams so loudly

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
watching the highlights and wow I hated KT's drafting in that series.

also:

lol

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i know arrow is really good but i don't understand the kallista pick too well. can anyone smarter explain it

e: i understand what she does but i thought she was dumpstered stats wise

stump collector
May 28, 2007
haha holy gently caress samsung baby lets goddamn go

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

exethan posted:

i know arrow is really good but i don't understand the kallista pick too well. can anyone smarter explain it

e: i understand what she does but i thought she was dumpstered stats wise

I don't understand playing Kalista at all right now, she's the worst ADC in the game. I played her the other day and can confirm it both statistically and objectively.

----

Is anyone watching/watched the LMS? The highlights videos are all hosed up for J-Team / M17 so I was thinking about checking on that later I don't know.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
i havent watched the series yet but even ignoring kalista being a trash champ for idiots atm i don't see why you would pick her without kennen or like, alistar supp

e: okay yeah if you really want kalista then i don't see why you wouldn't just take kalista/kennen second rotation, esp since kalista/gnar is just begging for kennen to be taken away

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 3, 2016

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
it's impressive how giants have rubber banded from bad to good to loving terrible.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The great war to outdumb each other has begun

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Are there real games today or is it euro gauntlet all day

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I don't think Giants can be beaten at this

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Are there real games today or is it euro gauntlet all day

Liquid vs nV. Decide for yourself if thats a real match

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Twilight zone style dark twist: there are NA games being played but the games are dignitas vs dignatas with the winner moving on to face Dignatas.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Both of these series today seem like poo poo I can watch on highlights later and not spend my Saturday on. Think I'm gonna do some college football instead.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

Twilight zone style dark twist: there are NA games being played but the games are dignitas vs dignatas with the winner moving on to face Dignatas.

if dignitas were playing any of these games today they might be worth watching, but instead i will spend my 100 beers watching unpaid labor dying for millions of dollars so that schools can buy t-shirt guns, and in the SECs case, whatever racist fat idiots like to buy

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'm going to straight up play world of warcraft all day and Im not ashamed to say it...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

good luck on your quests today keven

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
welcome to college football saturday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I assume this is what UoL expected would happen when you give the enemy team Vlad AND GP

edit: wow I can't remember the last time I saw a throw that massive

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 3, 2016

• Locked thread