Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Hollismason posted:

So this this happened. It reads like shitthatdidn'thappen.txt and closetedman.txt :stare: Then devolves into his murder fantasies..

Is this real or is this a psychologist trying to create a persona that needs enough therapy to justify a boat purchase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I honestly feel like this would be just as good in the schadenfreude thread.

Or the stdh thread.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Incidentally, I had a look at the page that was shared from and I think some people in this thread would probably get a kick out of it https://www.facebook.com/JustForLaughingAndJokes/

These are great!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Eponine posted:

Is this real or is this a psychologist trying to create a persona that needs enough therapy to justify a boat purchase?

That is 100% real. Some idiot I know who posts transphobic bullshit , one of his friends posted it, when I told him to stop calling people who were transgender gender denialist.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
I finally have some.

my friend posted:

I feel like right wing politics were created as a way to reverse psychology people into voting the right way. But that some people are to dumb to get it but to smart to fall for it and now we have idiots who believe it.

I am a dirty liberal but thats like opposite universe lob stuff.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ularg posted:

Look at this nerd get really loving mad about video games. He must be strangling himself with his fedora to get off.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/50usqh/im_going_to_be_very_disappointed_if_we_dont_get/d77emu5

All of this guys posts are the worst thing

quote:

This is also just another day in the life of a casual who picked up the game for the sole purpose to cause people mental harm. I've stated before I know people who are actually affected by actions like these and put under extreme amounts of stress because of PEOPLE LIKE YOU. You are sick and disgusting, this is why one of the reasons the REAL COMMUNITY should get together and get people like you BANNED. You are not only hurting others but you are also hurting YOURSELF because you aren't getting any better at the game and YOU WILL be punished by a REAL member of the community. Don't invade the wrong one because they will make you PAY.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Golden Goat posted:

All of this guys posts are the worst thing

I've read through four or five pages of his posts. I did not find a single one where he did not berate someone else or bitch about games and proclaim his superiority.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Red is me black is... I didn't know he supports Trump until now

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh my God he's one of those "Honor Duelists" in Dark Souls. I loving love the rage these people send when you do anything they don't like. "YOU DID NOW BOW I WILL GET YOU BANNED"

quote:

I believe using moss is extremely disrespectful as you are saying that you care nothing about the effort your opponent put into their build. I spent a total of 30 hours of planning my build before the release of Dark Souls 3 and to see someone who has a longsword or a rapier(easy mode weapons) and someone who simply uses estus against me makes me extremely angry. But I shouldn't be angry because honor is now nonexistent.

Honor has been a prime rule since Dark Souls 1 everyone engaged in it and if you win you earned it and some souls. In fact a lot of ways Dark Souls doesn't classify as a game at all it is a more than that because I know people so emotionally attached to this game that upon winning multiple duels they cry. "The rules aren't written" that doesn't mean anything because these rules are etched in the hearts of the community and those who disrespect it should be banned from playing the game.

This game has rules but I can understand the surge of new players who are ignorant of OUR way of life. Again these rules are not unwritten I said they are "ETCHED IN THE HEARTS OF THE COMMUNITY" however they are typed online everyday reminding people of how you should behave so you cannot deny that put up by the REAL COMMUNITY. Dark Souls is extremely LOOSE as a video game and there is no atmosphere of being in an actual game. "You shouldn't invade someone expecting a fair fight" we did in Dark Souls 1 and 2, when you show no form of honor, no bowing, or just ganking you disrespect the developers and those who put forth the effort, people like me.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

TotalLossBrain posted:

I've read through four or five pages of his posts. I did not find a single one where he did not berate someone else or bitch about games and proclaim his superiority.

NASA: Last Month Was Earth's Hottest in Recorded History by spackcity12 in worldnews
[–]Rollakud -35 points 18 days ago
Each and everyday the Republican Party proves itself more competent. Crackpot Conspiracy Theorists, Rednecks a great many names we are called yet at the same time we've predicted all of this. Donald Trump proves himself wiser by the day and imaginary racism is conjured up out of thin air I don't understand it. At the end of the day politically correct, and blind Liberals will bring about the end of our planet earth.

Hackers Have Allegedly Stolen NSA-Linked 'Cyber Weapons' and Are Auctioning Them Off by interestedin86 in worldnews
[–]Rollakud -9 points 17 days ago
The truth movement isn't going to back down each and everyday the Republican Party has been proving itself of being on the side of the people. Our guns will not be taken away, and we will expose and kick out all of the corrupt Liberals from OUR government. It's only a matter of time before Donald Trump gets into office and cleans up America NO MORE SUPPRESSION. This guys are on our side always have been and it's becoming clearer with each action they take.

Child refugees ‘sexually abused by Italian men’ after being picked up while sleeping homeless in parks: Charities warn that countless child asylum seekers are being abused and exploited by maxwellhill in worldnews
[–]Rollakud -1 points 13 days ago
Compared to the French they are not much of sexual deviants who'd attack every man, woman, and child they see. I've never been a fan of Italians as their actions in the past have proven them to be the most immoral people of the world despite being a somewhat religious center. Should this be a surprise because I bet these "Italian men" work for the Vatican.

Sweden is not backing away from its campaign to ban the import of live lobsters into the European Union, arguing a "precautionary approach" justifies its claim that the presence of North American lobsters in European waters constitutes an invasive species risk. by madazzahatter in worldnews
[–]Rollakud 0 points 13 days ago
Sweden has always been a country full of sickos and although they don't indulge in criminal activities their behavior is a crime towards planet earth itself. Makes us all look bad but I think we need to learn to discern ourselves from these nasty folk and be our own people. These aren't human beings my friends...

Pesticides linked to ‘large-scale population extinctions’ of wild bees: Major study spanning nearly two decades and most of England shows use of controversial neonicotinoid pesticide by farmers is associated with the demise of nearby bee populations by maxwellhill in worldnews
[–]Rollakud -21 points 17 days ago*
There is literally no reason for Bees to exist and their extinction would benefit us a great deal. Why do you need them? So they can inject venom into our bloodstream that'll eventually cause death? Although I don't live in England I'm hoping this epidemic reaches the USA so we can have a little bit of peace.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Lottery of Babylon posted:

There is literally no reason for Bees to exist and their extinction would benefit us a great deal. Why do you need them? So they can inject venom into our bloodstream that'll eventually cause death? Although I don't live in England I'm hoping this epidemic reaches the USA so we can have a little bit of peace.

Motherfucker! Bees make honey you piece of poo poo.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Pesticides linked to ‘large-scale population extinctions’ of wild bees: Major study spanning nearly two decades and most of England shows use of controversial neonicotinoid pesticide by farmers is associated with the demise of nearby bee populations by maxwellhill in worldnews

How the gently caress has this idiot never heard of pollination?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Red is me black is... I didn't know he supports Trump until now

The snopes article:

http://www.snopes.com/wsj-different-trump-headlines/

quote:

WHAT'S TRUE: An image showing two editions of the same day's Wall Street Journal with opposing headlines about Donald Trump's immigration stance is real.

WHAT'S FALSE: The Wall Street Journal did not publish different headlines in different markets in order to sway voters away from Trump.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Which is it? Are the loafer's stepping up or rising!?

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

apatheticman posted:

Which is it? Are the loafer's stepping up or rising!?

Lmao

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

Oh my God he's one of those "Honor Duelists" in Dark Souls. I loving love the rage these people send when you do anything they don't like. "YOU DID NOW BOW I WILL GET YOU BANNED"

I wish this dude was only allowed to play on game servers with Starfleet Dental

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

Nah not all of them...

quote:

Donald Trump has all the facts so he knows how to stop them

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh so THATS what he's doing with the facts

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
make dark souls honorable again

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I got the biggest souls, the best souls! My souls are beautiful!

Edit: I think I found the best one

quote:

You just sound like the typical 2016 fool looking for the easy way out. However that's okay because I'm going to school you a bit about Dark Souls. The fairness of the game is dependent upon one thing which is it's difficulty and that is also why it stands out compared to other lazy AAA titles. Dark Souls did not start out as an AAA title it was in fact designed as indie because like most it had no direction and no balance which targets more hardcore gamers. At the same time considering that most indie games are complete trash or all of them, Dark Souls had enough dignity to give you a story through item descriptions and environment. The idiots such as COD gamers, or people who play hand holding games like FF13 were lost and quit before they got to Anor Londo.

The Dark Souls community has mostly tolerated a really extreme competitive nature. As I have mentioned before many many times the game causes a great deal of stress for me and I do believe those who abuse the game mechanics to kill an actual human player should be punished with a lifelong ban from servers or reported to the authorities, there should be a small law in that department. That being said I've experienced headaches, vomiting, and starvation of my own accord due to the game and don't regret a minute. I knew a guy who threatened suicide after being ganked. The fact that the game can cause all of this by itself shows that video games are more of a art form or better yet a sport. It wasn't until Dark Souls 3 that the community has been branching out like it did a bit in the beginning, however this time it worked, now we have all sorts of idiots running about, R1 spam, estus chugging, the list goes on. Death rates have gone up in the US and I don't want to say it's Dark Souls 3 fault but it makes you wonder.

Overall you are a complete idiot or at least you seem like one because it's clear you don't understand what kind of game this is and that's a "hardcore title." Will I address your question? Perhaps I should even though I already did. This game is not balanced because you are expected to be good at it through skill alone and if you lack skill you lack the ability to play Dark Souls, you also lack the brain power. Do you have a mental disability? Most likely... Please refrain from posting more Idiot threads.

Ularg has a new favorite as of 20:17 on Sep 3, 2016

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

R1 spam? You mean the attack button? This guy is complaining about people using the goddamn attack button? Unless something has changed in Dark Souls 3 that i'm aware of and there is some glitch with attacking that makes absolutly no sense.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

R1 spam? You mean the attack button? This guy is complaining about people using the goddamn attack button? Unless something has changed in Dark Souls 3 that i'm aware of and there is some glitch with attacking that makes absolutly no sense.

They removed/edited poise so it's easier to just murder anybody with a quick weapon. Dude's upset cause he spent 30 hours carefully planning out a build and fighting strategy and got hosed.

But really it was only because they DIDN'T BOW IN THIS GAME OF HONOR!!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
It's super complicated to get into but even though the guy is goddamn insane and should probably see someone about the unhealthy emotional investments he's made, DS3 PvP did have a real issue with people just jammin' on that light attack button in ways that would be very easy to punish in other games and being able to roll away to heal themselves in situations that wouldn't have been doable in previous titles.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
I don't play Dark Souls, but is death permanent? Or is he just a giant baby (I guess he's a giant baby either way)

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Gross Dude posted:

I don't play Dark Souls, but is death permanent? Or is he just a giant baby (I guess he's a giant baby either way)

You drop all the souls (money/xp) you're carrying and go back to the last bonfire (checkpoint).

Oh, and you lose some maximum health (amount varies per-game) until you use a fairly common item.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Golden Goat posted:

They removed/edited poise so it's easier to just murder anybody with a quick weapon. Dude's upset cause he spent 30 hours carefully planning out a build and fighting strategy and got hosed.

But really it was only because they DIDN'T BOW IN THIS GAME OF HONOR!!

What makes the complaint really weird though, is that there were always people who did that in Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2. In the first game it was spears, specifically the electric spear you got from one of the bosses because it went through shields and stunlocked dudes for days. So if you ever saw someone with one you knew exactly what they'd do. Run at you, stab you. Then keep stabbing you and not stop. 2 had rapiers like 3 does. Same thing, people run, stab and never stop stabbing. In all 3 games the solution is to just roll away and hit them from the side or back because these weapons only stab people directly in front of them. So basically not only is he complaining about people not bowing and playing pretend samurai or whatever, he's too dumb to just roll to the side which is one of the most basic dark sous mechanics.

Veotax posted:

You drop all the souls (money/xp) you're carrying and go back to the last bonfire (checkpoint).

Oh, and you lose some maximum health (amount varies per-game) until you use a fairly common item.

Also you can go pick your souls back up :shrug: it's only really an issue if you get invaded somewhere annoying. But the warning pops up in advance so you can run to safety.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I wish this dude was only allowed to play on game servers with Starfleet Dental

I seriously wonder how close this guy looks to the mental picture I've come up with. Like, I know he has a ponytail, the question is how long is it?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
We need to bring Fragmaster back from the dead to read that dudes posts

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Ahhh poo poo, Fragmaster died? When was that?

Gross Dude posted:

Also PvP in the game lore is an inherently evil act, every character involved in it is actively malicious, and the PvP itself involves you invading your opponents game as a glowing red demon. it's about as far from honour duel as you can get, and people still whine :allears:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

TotalLossBrain posted:

Tell me this is a troll because no one could be that.....fedora? A braided loving beard, really?

thats not a fedora fyi

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I was using it as an adjective.

But tell me more about the identifying characteristics of these different hats please.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Ahhh poo poo, Fragmaster died? When was that?

Not for real

sex shop clearance rack
Jan 20, 2011
Idiots on Social Media: Death rates have gone up in the US and I don't want to say it's Dark Souls 3 fault

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Also PvP in the game lore is an inherently evil act, every character involved in it is actively malicious, and the PvP itself involves you invading your opponents game as a glowing red demon. it's about as far from honour duel as you can get, and people still whine :allears:

There are entire PVP cults dedicated to just ganging up on people and wrecking their poo poo. Matchmaking prioritizes dropping you into games with multiple people already and people still try to claim that honor duels is the "correct" way to play the game even though From has done pretty much everything they can to dissuade that idea. So many people got really, really angry when they realized almost every invasion now dropped you in to a world with a guy and his white phantom buddy instead of into a world with some solo dork struggling to get past the first enemy, and that you couldn't get a weapon, max it out and still invade people with basic equipment anymore.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Found this pic while scrolling down the Steven Universe tag on tumblr. Hesitantly checked it out and it's a real tumblr so this might be an actual horrible person.
Legit or long con? America decides, then kills itself! :suicide:

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

How can you like Steven Universe and be anti-feminist?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DicktheCat posted:

Yes, how can one be an Idiot on Social Media?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

DicktheCat posted:

Steven universe has a song titled "you do it for him" wherein the end a female character kneels in front of steven!! (self.MensRights)