Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

shovelbum posted:

Lol what episode is this

Martoks wife hates Jadzia, so Jadzia gets drunk and fucks some Hawaiian guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Triggered posted:

When they separate the saucer how did it receive power? Warp cores on the fat bit right, how did the saucer section manage to power impulse engines, weapons and Shields?

batteries

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Part of saucer separation they never showed for budget reasons was hundreds of ensigns loading thousands of D-cells into the saucer like a big boombox.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

cheerfullydrab posted:

Part of saucer separation they never showed for budget reasons was hundreds of ensigns loading thousands of D-cells into the saucer like a big boombox.
That episode where the brittle plastic moulded cover flap broke was a nail biter.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I'm pretty sure the impulse drive are fusion reactors (other than whatever bullshit backup is in the tech manual) so that's why they are always "rerouting impulse power to LT Worfs Toilet" or whatever, so the saucer gets 2/3rds of the engines in the split and can putt around.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

cheerfullydrab posted:

So that's why it's the Enterprise-D.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Triggered posted:

When they separate the saucer how did it receive power? Warp cores on the fat bit right, how did the saucer section manage to power impulse engines, weapons and Shields?

There's a bunch of galley slaves chained to oars down on deck 17.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Just another dirty secret of the "utopian" federation

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
there is no ethical consumption in a post scarcity society

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
USS Boombox defuses tense standoffs with the Romulans by displaying some sweet visualizations on its tiny center-mounted LED screen.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Ensign... switch to CD 3.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

cheerfullydrab posted:

USS Boombox defuses tense standoffs with the Romulans by displaying some sweet visualizations on its tiny center-mounted LED screen.

USS Boombox halts the escalation of a dangerous Klingon civil war between great houses by offering to dub enough opera cassettes for everyone.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Divert power to the bass
Romulans look unimpressed
More power to the treble
Romulans still look unimpressed
Raise volume and modulate the track frequency
Romulans becoming angry
Continual skipping between tracks, divert life support to speakers
Romulans start nodding their heads

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

shadow puppet of a posted:

That episode where the brittle plastic moulded cover flap broke was a nail biter.

I actually preferred the episode that revisited the premise, and Wesley had replaced the batteries but not put the little bit of ribbon under them. It looked like they were doomed until Troi returned from her vacation and was able to get the old batteries out with her fingernails and replace them just in time to get the replicators online for Picard's afternoon tea. B plot was weird, just Data and LaForge sitting at the top of engineering, throwing stones into the warp core and talking about regrettable sexual encounters.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Tragically, USS Boombox was lost with all hands on a bus in San Francisco, thanks to a Vulcan neck pinch.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

My favorite episode was when USS Boombox found Scotty trapped in a record on a giant record player. Took them a while to figure out what it was and how to play it. Geordi, replicate me more aux cables.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

cheerfullydrab posted:

Geordi, replicate me more aux cables.

Geordi: Alright Data, I've got specifications on which aux cables we need, get them replicated.
Data: .....Geordi. The Auxiliary cables outlined in your specifications are constructed of materials that would not seem to conform to any known, useful auxiliary cable configuration. Furthermore, they seem to be referenced many times in the past as being sold to gullible consumers in the 21st century while no technological or scientific method has ever proven that vibration crystals, wood block holders or golden weave have any impact on audio fidelity.
Geordi: Data you really don't understand humans do you
Data: If the goal of humanity is to waste their time with things that do not work, needlessly complicating a situation then no Geordi, I do not
Geordi: :jerkbag:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

move the dilithium crystals nearer to the cable i still hear some interference

take this green marker and color the rim of our saucer

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Triggered posted:

Haha how is martok going to be useful in combat, dudes only got one eye. I imagine depth perception is important when fighting with a batleth. He gets 5/10.

He probably has a redundant eye like the rest of his organs.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The ridges function like lateral lines on a fish.

Sometimes children make forehead ridge casts for their parents.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Lieutenant, flood the anti-matter chambers with charged anti-protons. It has a warmer sound.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

MrSlam posted:

Lieutenant, flood the anti-matter chambers with charged anti-protons. It has a warmer sound.

Lieutenant, replace the anti-matter chamber with this wooden one I bought for 10000 strips of latninum.
It is tolerance balanced to 0.00001 degrees and is gallium plated to reduce any external audio interference.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

If we can use Geordi's visor to flood the warp core with anti-tachyon particles, it just might cause a subspace distortion that will make this the best remix ever!

*the ship flies through a nebula while a loving awful version of Sandstorm blares

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

klingons generate anti-phonons, we need worf OUT of the home theater

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
lol just watched that empok nor episode where garak gets wet and kills a whole away team and takes nog hostage and finally gets technowned by the hero of setlek 3, chief miles "from smiles" obrien

the end is so funny.

garak: i almost died

obrien: yeah bc i was trying to kill you. anyway there's gonna be an inquest

garak: yeah i heard :( can you tell the families of my victims that im sorry? id do it in person but...

obrien: got u fam.

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS
RICK BERMAN
IRA STEVEN BEHR

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Divert power to the bass

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2j3ff_star-trek-le-rogertroutman_creation

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The impulse engines are fusion rockets with antimatter afterburners and a subspace driver coil that accelerates the exhaust to superluminal velocity for a specific impulse of a zillion

the impulse engine fusion reactors are also what they just vaguely call "secondary power" on the shows, they provide enough power for shields, weapons, and basically everything except the warp drive itself

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

USS Boombox something something Beastie Boys

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Fat Shat Sings posted:

My TNG Rewatch

Lwaxana episode - skip

Look at this wrong opinion

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
i would rather watch a Wesley episode than a lwaxana troi episode

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

angerbeet posted:

Look at this wrong opinion

what the gently caress

WHAT THE gently caress

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fat Shat Sings posted:

i would rather watch a Wesley episode than a lwaxana troi episode

He's in Dark Matter now as a smug mega-corporation CEO.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
just to be clear, I'm shocked at someone defending Lwaxana episodes, not vise versa

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

etalian posted:

He's in Dark Matter now as a smug mega-corporation CEO.

See Also: Eureka, where he was a smug rear end in a top hat that was hitting on Felicia Day

I'd rather watch wesley crusher suck the prune juice shits out of worfs rear end in a top hat during a klingon vision quest than subject myself to 44 minutes of a shrieking unfunny comedy relief diva

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Lwaxana is clearly the best character in all of Star Trek though I mean it's just an objective judgement

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Courtesy of The Worst Things For Sale

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IPYNBKI/ref=?tag=natdee-20

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Lwaxana seemed awful in TNG, the stupid annoying mother that comes and visits, but even then you end up realizing it's her daughter that's way more awful. But then in DS9 they flesh her out a bit and you mostly just feel sorry for her because she's a desperately lonely person who lost the one husband she loved and her daughter turned out to be a cold selfish bitch and she thinks she has to put on this cheerful face all the time.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Baronjutter posted:

But then in DS9 they flesh her out a bit...

by having her want Odo to flesh her out a bit. :heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Lwaxana episodes suck, but only because they're Troi episodes and usually include ten scenes where Lwaxana says something and Deanna rolls her eyes into the back of her head.

The problem is not Lwaxana, she's great. I mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45VAelC_QsI

I don't care if she's only on the show because she knew how to pluck Gene's roddenberries, the character is great. That's why she works in the DS9 episode. It doesn't have to rely on Troi reacting to her mother's antics.