Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

frank.club posted:

I really like my DBX, I kitted it out for exploration and now I'm sitting near the galactic core after about a week. I'm pretty sure the asp is a straight upgrade but the DBX handles way better on high G planets and I'm kinda sure it's faster in a straight line. Also it looks cooler

The Asp can get modded up to a around 54 LY jump range while still usable. My DBX doesn't even have the best roll and can hit 52 LY on a low tank. If it had one extra internal module it would be the perfect exploration ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DreadLlama posted:

Does anyone really do combat on a multirole ship? Every time I try I get frustrated at how not-vulturey ship XYZ is and go get a vulture.

Does dropping mines count as combat? That's all I do in non-combat specific ships, but I do it a lot.

Mailer posted:

You will get interdicted a lot, and interdiction is mostly a magical process where ships pop into existence and then pull you back in time to a space many Ls from where you were. Thankfully there's nothing in the game stopping you from running. See the Goofus/Gallant comic on the front page.

Something that is important (and the comic mentions) which isn't really apparent to the new player is the benefits of submitting to an interdiction. If you drop your throttle to zero, you submit to the interdiction instead of playing the little "can I keep up with the circle" game to try and escape. The benefits of submitting are that you don't spin out and your FSD recharges MUCH faster. So even if you're just planning on running, it's usually better to zero your throttle and submit to the interdiction, and then once you drop, put the throttle to full and start hitting your boosters. Your FSD will back up by like the second boost and you can jump out, usually before they get any substantial shots off on you.

There's really only specific situations where playing the escape minigame is worth it, like if you have a mission specific NPC chasing you that isn't going to lose you even if you high-wake away. Or back when NPCs were broken and could kill you in a half second.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

StarkRavingMad posted:

There's really only specific situations where playing the escape minigame is worth it, like if you have a mission specific NPC chasing you that isn't going to lose you even if you high-wake away. Or back when NPCs were broken and could kill you in a half second.

Even then, it's questionable. If you go the all mines, all the time route, it suddenly becomes somewhat worth-while to subject to mission interdictions since this not only gets them off your back but also generally nets you a mission bonus at the end of the trip. That leaves some smuggling missions where they send scanning ships after you, which you may or may not want to blow up since that can get you flagged as a criminal — but even then, you can generally just outfly them and those NPCs don't follow you between systems, afaik.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mike the TV posted:

The Asp can get modded up to a around 54 LY jump range while still usable. My DBX doesn't even have the best roll and can hit 52 LY on a low tank. If it had one extra internal module it would be the perfect exploration ship.

Word, it seemed to suffer from no future proofing. If you don't have horizons or don't want to land anywhere then it's perfect. But I like to drive around so

Isn't that just 10 lyr short of the best anaconda fsd roll?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tippis posted:

Even then, it's questionable. If you go the all mines, all the time route, it suddenly becomes somewhat worth-while to subject to mission interdictions since this not only gets them off your back but also generally nets you a mission bonus at the end of the trip. That leaves some smuggling missions where they send scanning ships after you, which you may or may not want to blow up since that can get you flagged as a criminal — but even then, you can generally just outfly them and those NPCs don't follow you between systems, afaik.

Oh if I'm dropping mines, I always submit because it's funny.

I meant if you have like no hardpoints and only want to run, and there's a specific mission NPC who is going to keep popping up on you (you get this occasionally on like data deliveries). I've even had those bastards follow me through a high-wake. In that case I've played the little interdiction game to shake him. But that's a real specific case.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
My 5000ly excursion got waylaid last night by a nebula. NGC 7822 actually made me say, "What the gently caress is that?" when I first saw it, since it looked like a solid bar of light. I spent time supercruising towards it in case it was some weird star or alien ship or something nearby, since I'd never seen a cluster of stars that bright before. Turns out it's a shitton of really bright blue stars arranged in a line, and I diverted course just to fly into it. It's also full of black holes, which I'd never encountered before. That was pretty sweet.

As a cool side note, while on the way to the nebula I dropped down onto a planet that looked like it might have some arsenic (it didn't), and while experiencing that crushing disappointment, I happened to look upwards and could see the nebula overhead from the planet's surface. The fact that you can look up from a planet, see a star hundreds of light years away, say, "Imma go there," and then proceed to do exactly that is fairly awesome.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Valatar posted:

My 5000ly excursion got waylaid last night by a nebula. NGC 7822 actually made me say, "What the gently caress is that?" when I first saw it, since it looked like a solid bar of light. I spent time supercruising towards it in case it was some weird star or alien ship or something nearby, since I'd never seen a cluster of stars that bright before. Turns out it's a shitton of really bright blue stars arranged in a line, and I diverted course just to fly into it. It's also full of black holes, which I'd never encountered before. That was pretty sweet.

As a cool side note, while on the way to the nebula I dropped down onto a planet that looked like it might have some arsenic (it didn't), and while experiencing that crushing disappointment, I happened to look upwards and could see the nebula overhead from the planet's surface. The fact that you can look up from a planet, see a star hundreds of light years away, say, "Imma go there," and then proceed to do exactly that is fairly awesome.

NGC 7822 is a great place. Lots of juicy systems. It's also the anti-Omega nebula in that all those stars and black holes have good separation and massive primary stars, so you never come out of witchspace at spitting distance from a black hole that you can't see or manoeuvre around yet, which puts you deep into scooping distance from what you thought would be the main star.

Granted, you pay for this luxury by having to fly 100k+ Ls between each star in the system, but that's ok.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
Personally I kinda enjoy getting interdicted by NPCs. Especially when I'm hauling engineer materials in a murder ship. Like my vulture. It feels like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khyzj5toqwA&t=9s

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

frank.club posted:

Word, it seemed to suffer from no future proofing. If you don't have horizons or don't want to land anywhere then it's perfect. But I like to drive around so

Isn't that just 10 lyr short of the best anaconda fsd roll?

Hey Bananaboat Buddies! :wave:

It doesn't even need an ~extra~ internal, if the size 2 were split into two size 1 compartments, you could put the ADS/DSS in those, then have the 3s and 4s for shields, srv, cargo, and scoop!

I really want them to retrofit this for Horizons or just make a 10M credit size two module that combines the functions of an ADS and DSS.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I really want them to retrofit this for Horizons or just make a 10M credit size two module that combines the functions of an ADS and DSS.
I'd really like them to do utility slot versions of the scanners.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

On getting sidetracked exploring:

I went out on a short jaunt to the Statue of Liberty Nebula which was cool. On my way I spotted a string of super bright (class B, it turns out) stars all in a cluster/constellation. They caught my attention enough I watched how they moved relative to how I was jumping until I zeroed in on them and found the string of them rear end I narrowed in. I forget the exact designation but they were all spotted by the 2MASS project.
At least I assume from their name.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2MASS

Echoing that it is insanely cool and good that the star field is accurate.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Hey Bananaboat Buddies! :wave:

It doesn't even need an ~extra~ internal, if the size 2 were split into two size 1 compartments, you could put the ADS/DSS in those, then have the 3s and 4s for shields, srv, cargo, and scoop!

Yeah, but hey do you really need shields? DBX is a very cool ship, I like designs that break from the mold. I like almost all the ship designs in the game but as someone likely pointed out the DBX has a Homeworld vibe to it.

Pilchenstein posted:

I'd really like them to do utility slot versions of the scanners.

Totally. Also, how does a docking computer take up a ton of cargo space

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

frank.club posted:

Totally. Also, how does a docking computer take up a ton of cargo space
Professor Frink was right. "I predict that within 100 years, docking computers will be twice as powerful, ten thousand times larger, and so expensive that only the 5 richest kings of Europe will own them."

Now that I have so much money (compared to the cost of most of the ships) and magic ship teleport is coming soon, I really do need to get one of every ship to see what they look like inside. I wished the Hauler's A/C vents worked in real life, it is hot in my house :( Or maybe it is so hot because they do work, but people only have heaters in space. Space heaters. ... Space space heaters?

Also, why am I so special that I get a free sidewinder whenever I want, which I can use to pick up a TON of human slaves for 16,000 credits? I mean given the average person weighs about 80 kilos, being a slave is worth about 1,280 credits per person. Yet I can fly my spaceship into the sun, eject, a rescue team will come and save me and give me a free new space ship. In my cannon, slave is their hobby, they love it. They have to love it because anyone can make 1,280 credits and buy their freedom in like 2 minutes work.

CapnBry fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 2, 2016

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

X-Ultron posted:

I've had a Cobra forever and I really like it but I'm looking to switch to something a little more combat focused. I'm leaning towards a Viper MK4 because I hear that they can be set up to be annoying to kill because of how much damage they can take and on paper it looks like a straight up beefier Cobra. Plus they sound cool. The Vulture looks nice too, but it's a lot more expensive.

Get a Vulture, it is awesome. I guess it feels expensive if you're not particularly rich but these days a few good missions and/or a couple hours tagging ships in a high res site will give you enough for a serviceable build (around 10 millions I think, with 20 you can max it out) and you can stay in a vulture indefinitely if combat is your thing.

A Vulture with 5a shields and one beam + one frag cannon or multicannon is a murder machine, but it does very good with two cheap large pulse lasers too. The rest you can basically d-rank and be fine until you get more cash.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Vulture should go for C rank shields.

Biweaves are the best for a vulture. You have tons of hull and can hulltank with milsec. It doesn't even slow it down.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Best Vulture loadout is dual fixed multicannons and git gud.

I have no idea if this is true, but I think I might try it!

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

tooterfish posted:

Best Vulture loadout is dual fixed multicannons and git gud.

I have no idea if this is true, but I think I might try it!

Convergence is gonna suck a bit vs. small targets but its certainly viable. Though Gimbals might be a bit better since you can focus on maneuvering more than aiming.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I picked this game up about a week ago. Iv'e saved up for a Cobra, but I'm still pretty much hauling cargo and doing cargo missions. I've done some PVE but I've gotten my head kicked in a ton. Is a Vulture going to be my main fighting ship to go for?

What's the thoughts on fixed vs gimbal?

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
This is the vulture I keep in Velnians:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/vulture/0patfFalddksif37l7l00000303B26m01C500.AwRj4zyA.CwBhCZxBmMM8BGWUg===

I like this build because it allows me to keep 4 pips to shields and keep shooting thanks to the efficient weapons. Gimballed weapons are the poo poo- so long as the nose is pointed in roughly the right area the bullets will go where they're supposed to. This means you can focus on more important things like keeping yourself parked exactly next to their power plant. Did you know that if you refrain from missing, one magazine is sufficient to blow up a Type 7? It's true.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

In a vulture with gimballed modded multi cannons if you wait a sec for the NPCs to drop an anaconda's shields and line up that power plant close and tight you can waste the thing in one magazine. Also, the vulture thruster maneuvering is so good you can stay inside a clipper's firing convergance and empty rounds into their cockpit all you want while their shots just go wide the whole time.

It really is the best RES money maker there is. I upgraded the FSD on mine and it makes a half competent mission runner in the bubble because any time you get interdicted you got them dead to rights.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Took the advice here, stripped down the sidewinder, jumped 260Ly to Wu Guinagi, made a successful batch of Imperial deliveries for about 200k Cr and some rep, was about to dock for the last delivery and call it a night, and I got the BSOD 3km from the port which is weird because that's never happened to me on this machine before.

Thought I was screwed. But when I restarted it put me right where I last jumped in, so that was good. Ended up making another 100k Cr and some good rep so it all worked out. Thanks for the tips all!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Just started playing this last weekend, I have no room for a joystick setup so I have to do with a controller :(. But I actually like space trucking so I play this like I played Freelancer back in the day (ship stuff around and explore new places and find things to sell/use - okay maybe not the latter). Still I might try shooting things at some point but for now should I sell the guns my ship came with?

After playing the training missions and reading some of this thread I still don't really know what I'm doing except I know a bit more than when I lost my first Sidewinder trying to fight the first NPC who interdicted me, then another because I didn't realize a station I was going to was 150k ls away from the star and the last 3+ stars on my trek there were not scoopable, and I ran out of fuel 1700 ls from the station. After a bunch of early missions within like 30 jumps of where I started I bought a Cobra Mk.3 and based on the last few pages I flew that to Wu Guinagi which is pretty cool for a space poor with crappy ships like me. I sort of wanted to upgrade to a Diamondback Explorer for, well, exploring things but I got a better FSD now so I can jump the Cobra like 20 ly (why does the "economical" jump route take so many more jumps BTW? I was going to a place that took 4 jumps via "fastest" routes but like 12 by using the default setting) and when I looked at the Diamondback's slots it seems to be sort of a pointless upgrade unless I want to fight in it? Should I skip it and save for something bigger?

Also Wu Guinagi is nice but the mission board is really annoying me already because I have to wait 10-30 seconds every time I accept a mission for the server to catch up. Also regarding rep and stuff, is there a point to supporting an NPC power and if yes, which? And so far I've been able to escape all further NPC interdictions, is there a way to shake them permanently within a system? In large systems especially, as far as I can tell they just keep catching up and interdict me again which can get seriously boring while trying to deliver missions to a station any significant distance from the jump-in point.

Oh and regarding exploration I finally bought the d-scanner that gets entire systems at once, and I saw I could sell data as soon as I got celestial bodies discovered, even though they show up as "unexplored" in system view. Do you get more money from selling planets etc. you scanned or what's the point of that?

orcane fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 3, 2016

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Tried space trucking in an underequipped DBX and got wrecked by a novice assassin spawned by the mission. Lost 27t of cargo and like 200k.

Sold the DBX, got back into the DBS, filled up most internals with cargo racks, and wrecked the face of the mission assassins.

Last time I'm doing something that stupid.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

orcane posted:

Just started playing this last weekend, I have no room for a joystick setup so I have to do with a controller :(. But I actually like space trucking so I play this like I played Freelancer back in the day (ship stuff around and explore new places and find things to sell/use - okay maybe not the latter). Still I might try shooting things at some point but for now should I sell the guns my ship came with?

This game is surprisingly pretty sweet with kb/m. I can't do a stick because rolling to turn flightsim style feels weird. Strip your guns if you're not fighting. Personally I'm either hauling or fighting and bring the ship for that job. Even then fighting an NPC who interdicts you seems to be just trading an annoyance for an even bigger annoyance. I didn't spend four years in Space Trucker Academy to get repeatedly jumped by some guy after my hold full of poop.

quote:

why does the "economical" jump route take so many more jumps BTW? I was going to a place that took 4 jumps via "fastest" routes but like 12 by using the default setting

I'm sure someone here can come up with the handwave reason but mechanically it just takes more fuel to travel while jumping. It's a video game tradeoff thing between worrying about scooping stars and taking forever to get where you're going. As long as you keep an eye on the star types and have a scoop then you'll always be good with the fastest route.

quote:

Also Wu Guinagi is nice but the mission board is really annoying me already because I have to wait 10-30 seconds every time I accept a mission for the server to catch up. Also regarding rep and stuff, is there a point to supporting an NPC power and if yes, which? And so far I've been able to escape all further NPC interdictions, is there a way to shake them permanently within a system? In large systems especially, as far as I can tell they just keep catching up and interdict me again which can get seriously boring while trying to deliver missions to a station any significant distance from the jump-in point.

The mission delay is an issue with the game that they haven't fixed yet and it sucks. See the front page for Powerplay stuff, but you probably don't need to worry about it yet. NPC interdictions are just gamey bullshit and you have to deal with them. You can jump out to a nearby system and then jump back in to sometimes shake them.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jay_Zombie posted:

Took the advice here, stripped down the sidewinder, jumped 260Ly to Wu Guinagi, made a successful batch of Imperial deliveries for about 200k Cr and some rep, was about to dock for the last delivery and call it a night, and I got the BSOD 3km from the port which is weird because that's never happened to me on this machine before.

Thought I was screwed. But when I restarted it put me right where I last jumped in, so that was good. Ended up making another 100k Cr and some good rep so it all worked out. Thanks for the tips all!

the other day my game crashed on me when I was checking out fuel scoops. When I logged back in I noticed mine had been sold and the only ones available were all less powerful than the one I had, the next nearest station is nearly 20k lyr away

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

frank.club posted:

the other day my game crashed on me when I was checking out fuel scoops. When I logged back in I noticed mine had been sold and the only ones available were all less powerful than the one I had, the next nearest station is nearly 20k lyr away

Did this happen in Jaques? Wow, thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to not look at outfitting as long as I'm docked there.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
I accidentally pledged with Aisling Duval. Are there any gimmick builds that use prismatic shields?

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

TorakFade posted:

Get a Vulture, it is awesome. I guess it feels expensive if you're not particularly rich but these days a few good missions and/or a couple hours tagging ships in a high res site will give you enough for a serviceable build (around 10 millions I think, with 20 you can max it out) and you can stay in a vulture indefinitely if combat is your thing.

A Vulture with 5a shields and one beam + one frag cannon or multicannon is a murder machine, but it does very good with two cheap large pulse lasers too. The rest you can basically d-rank and be fine until you get more cash.

Thanks for the recommendation! I have plenty of credits thanks to the CG earlier this week, so I'll give the Vulture a go.

Side note: seriously, new players, partake in the CGs that take place in the bubble. Very nice way to build up your credit balance doing things you'll routinely do in the game anyway.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

X-Ultron posted:

Thanks for the recommendation! I have plenty of credits thanks to the CG earlier this week, so I'll give the Vulture a go.

Side note: seriously, new players, partake in the CGs that take place in the bubble. Very nice way to build up your credit balance doing things you'll routinely do in the game anyway.

The bubble?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
The "bubble" is the few hundred lightyear sphere of inhabited human space, most easily seen by going to the galactic map and checking out the powerplay factions. It's the slang for the area of the galaxy with spacestations (and content beyond taking screenshots) where you can dock.

Or, if you're spacemad, anywhere within a few thousand lightyears of a mailslot. :dance:

X-Ultron posted:

Seconding this: I got 10M for doing the narcotics CG over the weekend after delivering ~54t of :catdrugs: (which I also made a profit on shipping).

Not much for a bittervet, but an amazing windfall for a spacepoor/new player!

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Mailer posted:

I'm sure someone here can come up with the handwave reason but mechanically it just takes more fuel to travel while jumping. It's a video game tradeoff thing between worrying about scooping stars and taking forever to get where you're going. As long as you keep an eye on the star types and have a scoop then you'll always be good with the fastest route.
The FSD takes an exponential amount of fuel based on the distance you're jumping:
fuel = efficiency * (distance * mass/optimal_mass) ^ drive_class_exponent

Efficiency is the A, B, C, D, E rating and drive class is 1 2 3 4 etc. The exponents start at 2 for a size-1 FSD, and go up to 2.9 for a size-8 FSD (linearly). So going half your max range doesn't take half the fuel, it takes around 1/5th of the fuel. Fastest draws a straight line between your start and destination and then finds the longest jump in side your range at each point between the two, with the exception of the last two jumps (which it tries to split evenly). Economical takes the closest next jump that decreases the amount of distance you have remaining. Obviously the economical route is like 10 times longer than the fastest.

In between the two, you can select fastest, then set the "Cargo Mass" slider. This reduces your max jump distance based on the amount of cargo you select. For me, my jump range is 49ly but if I set my cargo to 108T, it drops to 38ly so every jump will be less than 38ly, despite the fat I can do 49ly. Reducing my jump range like this means I'll travel 75% of the distance per jump but consume 50% of the fuel, effectively doubling my jump range at the cost of it taking 1/3rd longer. I used to do this but now I just have a giant fuel scoop so I can stay topped off just by skimming the star while my FSD is recharging.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Libluini posted:

Did this happen in Jaques? Wow, thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to not look at outfitting as long as I'm docked there.

Yep, I was kinda hoping that the station would be stocked with nice exploration gear but nope.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I think Frontier reduced my Modular Terminal chance to 0. I've been refreshing boards for HOURS without seeing any as a reward. Various High tech systems in boom states. Other systems where I'm allied with everyone AND in a boom state. Currently at Ross 1015 because of a tip from a goon with three factions in a boom state and he already got his Modular Terminals there. NONE.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Met posted:

I think Frontier reduced my Modular Terminal chance to 0. I've been refreshing boards for HOURS without seeing any as a reward. Various High tech systems in boom states. Other systems where I'm allied with everyone AND in a boom state. Currently at Ross 1015 because of a tip from a goon with three factions in a boom state and he already got his Modular Terminals there. NONE.

I got all of mine and some for a friend in one day at Pachita.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It's not just that either. Anything that requires scumming the mission board.

Trying to contact Marco Qwent? Better scum the mission board once you have met all the requirements.

Why is this a thing at all? It's terrible game design.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I never thought I was going to be playing long enough to get to it, so I never bookmarked Kurr de la Cruz's excellent Engineer guide. This has since been rectified.

"Trump tier" :smug:
"Allied with Sirius" :smug:
"Modular Terminals" ...welp :suicide:

If anyone is starting out, have a quick read of that guide in between board flips or whatever. I've probably sold off 50t+ of those stupid things over the course of all the missions I've done. It's highly likely I've tossed other valuable things too.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Long range transport missions make tons of money.

I was in Sothis and grabbed a bunch of missions in my Python from the Outpost. I didn't even need to reload the board.

90 minutes later I was 25mil richer.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I was lead to believe that exploration didn't pay for poo poo, but I just came back from a really casual 3-day expedition and made $4mil real easy. And that's in a Cobra!

I immediately went back out into the black. I had hoped to explore the sweet witch head nebula but it's all blocked off by unknown permits. Out of all the things we brought with us to space, couldn't we have left red tape behind :smith:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I did a trip out to about 10kly and back and used it to buff up my rep with 2 Engineers. Got one to level 5 and the other to 4 and a bit. Pocketed about 20 million in cash, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Mailer posted:

When the multicrew patch hits whomever is piloting will automatically pee his pants when scooping. Other crew can look around the cabin and will receive a special Point and Laugh gesture to be used.

It will be also handled like No Man's Sky were the UI will stop in place and zoom out to write "milestone reached: you peed your pants / your pilot peed his pants" so that you will end up diving into the sun anyway.

• Locked thread