Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I trust Dave Meltzer to win a UFC fight more than I trust CM Punk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

freud mayweather posted:

You've got me confused with Willie Dee, friend. I made one "GSP is gay" joke ever and it was only because someone asked who the best Mo in MMA was. Other than that I don't post much at all.

My bad, you're right! Sorry

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
If Punk was only a near top card guy for a few years, how does he have 13 million bucks? Does the WWE pay that much for guys who aren't named Cena?

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Grifter posted:

If Punk was only a near top card guy for a few years, how does he have 13 million bucks? Does the WWE pay that much for guys who aren't named Cena?

merch money, baby

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

He was up there with Cena as far as merch sales go.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, one thing he brought up on podcast was that he was drat near Cena's merch sales...which was very impressive since like 80% of what WWE actually stocks at shows is Cena merch.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Chris James 2 posted:

I trust Dave Meltzer to win a UFC fight more than I trust CM Punk

Christ almighty. Meltz on the trt or what?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Memento posted:

Christ almighty. Meltz on the trt or what?

If there's one thing that can be relied upon on these forums, it's posters who've never lifted anything heavier than an Xbox controller assuming anyone who has biceps is on juice.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

fatherdog posted:

If there's one thing that can be relied upon on these forums, it's posters who've never lifted anything heavier than an Xbox controller assuming anyone who has biceps is on juice.

He's 56. I can bench my body weight (215lbs) and I don't have arms like that.

I'm nearly 38, I should probably talk to my doctor and get a script.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I hope Punk wins and then he gets brought back in to go over Brock.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Who else is gay in punchsports?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm a computer programmer who's done two months of Starting Strength, and I can state with confidence that it is impossible to have biceps

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Memento posted:

I'm nearly 38, I should probably talk to my doctor and get a script.

What does benching 215lbs have to do with large biceps?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Shine posted:

I was using it as an example that I lift, it clearly means nothing.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Meltzer has worked in an industry that's so bodybuilding focused for so long that he's probably absorbed more hgh through osmosis than anyone alive.

Doing curls for 18 hours while writing the newsletter would explain most of its typos.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Who else is gay in punchsports?

Everyone.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Dave has always been swole.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

fatherdog posted:

Admittedly he isn't what you picture when you think of "guy who writes a newsletter about professional wrestling for 30 years"

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Shine posted:

Dont do it shine. I'm resisting here, you can too!!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Memento posted:

I was using it as an example that I lift, it clearly means nothing.

Gotcha, my bad. I hella misread your intent because I'm sleepy. Good night.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

fatherdog posted:

Realistically he's not 100 percent natural just like looking at social forces in terms of the sports he's around, how much money he has, being old etc. But you're 200 percent right and it's annoying when people no offense fellas have been lifting for like six months to two years and start making call outs

E: this sounds way ruder than I mean to be so I cleaned it up but you all get my point right?

Eat Bum Zen fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Sep 4, 2016

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dave is the strongest man keeping his pen warm.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Realistically he's not 100 percent natural just like looking at social forces in terms of the sports he's around, how much money he has, being old etc. But you're 200 percent right and it's annoying when people no offense fellas have been lifting for like six months to two years and start making call outs

E: this sounds way ruder than I mean to be so I cleaned it up but you all get my point right?

That's entirely fair, I only brought it up because of his age. Also it's father's day and I'm most of the way in on an excellent bottle of sloe gin. Sorry for casting unfair aspersions.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Memento posted:

For how many reps

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Memento posted:

That's entirely fair, I only brought it up because of his age. Also it's father's day and I'm most of the way in on an excellent bottle of sloe gin. Sorry for casting unfair aspersions.

Word I'm definitely really buzzed too. Your age comparison is a good point and probably the number one reason why that dude fails the eyes fest but unironically

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
what gyms do you guys go to where arms like that are 100% normal for a natty lifter?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Its not the size its the vascularity that stands out

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I just go to 24 hour fitness but I am more if a cardio guy who just wants to sweat it out.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

He used to work out a lot when he was younger. He looks like an old dude who just kept up up with it somewhat. Even if he left it for a while, muscle memory would kick in. People are acting like he looks like 70's Arnold FFS lol. He is in great shape for someone of his age, but let's not go insane and start going on about steroids.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CoolCat posted:

He used to work out a lot when he was younger. He looks like an old dude who just kept up up with it somewhat. Even if he left it for a while, muscle memory would kick in. People are acting like he looks like 70's Arnold FFS lol. He is in great shape for someone of his age, but let's not go insane and start going on about steroids.

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

*looks at 56 year old man with the size and vascularity of at least .75 mutant vitor belforts* let's not go crazy and say things we can't take back about steroids

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

nice to see ziggler still appreciated by a fan.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Marching Powder posted:

what gyms do you guys go to where arms like that are 100% normal for a natty lifter?

he's not natural it's just like, people in the CM Punk Megathread calling guys out for some reason irks me

CoolCat posted:

the whole 'he used to work out and just kept with it' thing is bullshit because of hormones, and that guy juices

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Memento posted:

Also it's father's day

WHAT?

Oh, you're not American. Jesus Christ.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Meltzer was a lot more tolerable before that one time he roidraged, snapped his tether, and killed two handlers at an ROH show

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeqswbmn-Fg

Falls off the rails at point no 1.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
Before this thread if I was asked which of these people writes about pro wrestling I wouldn't have picked the guy on the left.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Meltzers made no secret that one of the reasons some wrestlers were comfortable talking to him was because he looked like he belonged in their world. Like Vince's attitude towards him changed as soon as they discovered they shared a love of bodybuilding.

I love the story about the promoter who had a scrawny jobber named Davey Meltzer because thats how he pictured the guy until someone smartened him up and told him Big Dave was swole as gently caress.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The weird irony there is that Alvarez is the wrestler and pretty tiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skinty McEdger posted:

I love the story about the promoter who had a scrawny jobber named Davey Meltzer because thats how he pictured the guy until someone smartened him up and told him Big Dave was swole as gently caress.

The jobber actually did look like circa-1980s Meltzer face/hair wise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J4CePe5ZvA

• Locked thread