Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
FYI for IDP folks, not sure if it will spread, but Fleaflicker has Mark Barron as DB/LB again, after being LB all off season. Double check on him in your leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Sounds like Forsett could just get resigned by the Ravens in a few days? https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/772179893203247105

I picked up Terrance West right after the news broke, but he won't be starting for me. Is Dixon (still a FA) the best long term bet/stash?

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker
RIght now I've got a bench of DeSean Jackson, Charles Sims, Isaiah Crowell, Kamar Aiken, and Shane Vereen. I don't suppose any of those dudes would be droppable for West in half ppr? The Ravens backfield looks like poopoo currently but I'm a little worried about my RB situation since I drafted Charles and Ware got snatched before I could grab him in my draft earlier this week.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Vereen is fine to drop for West. Even if West doesn't end up being the guy, who cares. Ditching Vereen is worth the chance that West gets the job.

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker
Yeah screw it yolo bye Vereen!!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

D-Tron posted:

RIght now I've got a bench of DeSean Jackson, Charles Sims, Isaiah Crowell, Kamar Aiken, and Shane Vereen. I don't suppose any of those dudes would be droppable for West in half ppr? The Ravens backfield looks like poopoo currently but I'm a little worried about my RB situation since I drafted Charles and Ware got snatched before I could grab him in my draft earlier this week.

Crowell isn't going to see much action. The Browns defense is worst in the league so they'll never be running and Duke Johnson is the pass play back. Toss in the garbage offensive line he's set to do absolutely nothing.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Crowell isn't going to see much action. The Browns defense is worst in the league so they'll never be running and Duke Johnson is the pass play back. Toss in the garbage offensive line he's set to do absolutely nothing.

Crowell will see plenty of run this year. Hugh is trying to replicate RG3's rookie season and Crowell fits in just fine in that system.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Papes posted:

Crowell will see plenty of run this year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I dropped Torrey Smith for Terreance West. Screw it. Smith sucks.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 39 minutes!

RVProfootballer posted:

FYI for IDP folks, not sure if it will spread, but Fleaflicker has Mark Barron as DB/LB again, after being LB all off season. Double check on him in your leagues.

drafted him specifically because of that.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
However, the reason Barron was so awesome was that Ogletree got injured so Barron would be the linebacker instead while also being a hybrid safety.

Ogletree is back now. Worth a shot though.

On a different note, just picked up Spencer Ware off waivers in my work league. Traded him to the Charles owner for Carson Palmer, lol. Nice upgrade from Derek Carr.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Whos a better person to pick up in a .5 ppr league with CJ Prosise as the dropped player?

Paul Perkins or Dion Lewis as the stash until week 8ish?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

Traded

And it begins. heh

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Either of these rookies worth dropping for West?

Corey Coleman
Derrick Henry

I'm in a 14 team full PPR league with a WR corps of AJ Green, Fitzgerald, K. Benjamin, DeVante Parker. My RBs are a little shittier with Devonta Freeman & Duke Johnson.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

Corey Coleman
Derrick Henry

I'm in a 14 team full PPR league with a WR corps of AJ Green, Fitzgerald, K. Benjamin, DeVante Parker. My RBs are a little shittier with Devonta Freeman & Duke Johnson.

Derrick henry

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Corey Coleman
Derrick Henry

Derrick Henry will take Demarco Murray's job. If he doesn't he'll still be the only effective back for the Titans and probably take the goal line role. Corey Coleman could be tempting but I wouldn't do it just yet.

Edit: wrong thread for OG edit.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 4, 2016

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Corey Coleman
Derrick Henry

Definitely not Henry. Maybe Coleman but I'm not the biggest fan of your WR corps.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

OxySnake posted:

Derrick henry

Don't listen to this man

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Honestly, of all the players you have I'd rather drop Parker, but if I were you I'd just stand pat

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

However, the reason Barron was so awesome was that Ogletree got injured so Barron would be the linebacker instead while also being a hybrid safety.

Ogletree is back now. Worth a shot though.

On a different note, just picked up Spencer Ware off waivers in my work league. Traded him to the Charles owner for Carson Palmer, lol. Nice upgrade from Derek Carr.

If I am remembering correctly, Ogletree dominated at WLB and is moving to MLB, with Barron now taking his place at WLB(ish). No guarantee Barron does as well as Ogletree did, but afaik he's going to get the situation to do so.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I need help with a new fantasy name this year. I'm the youngest in my league by 15-20 years most people are in their late 40's early 50's and I want to do something with geriatrics in the name. I won the league last year so I want to rub it in a bit. All I could come up with was "Like Stealing Money From The Geriatrics"

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Mr. McGibblets posted:

I need help with a new fantasy name this year. I'm the youngest in my league by 15-20 years most people are in their late 40's early 50's and I want to do something with geriatrics in the name. I won the league last year so I want to rub it in a bit. All I could come up with was "Like Stealing Money From The Geriatrics"

"The Pool Guy"

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Terry Bradshaw is Overrated.

Lamar Millenial No. 1

AARPeterson

Wheres YOUR Participation Trophy?

Edit:

Baby Boom or Busters

Taking your Social Security

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 4, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

OxySnake posted:

Terry Bradshaw is Overrated

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
2Decades1Champ

Nice Lawn Think I'll Stay Here

LOL Experience

Enjoy Retirement

College Fund Reparations

Best Generation

Generation Win

Your Wife Is A Participation Trophy

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Thanks for the suggestions goons, I think I'll be a shook scared little bitch and just stand pat.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Corey Coleman
Derrick Henry

Keep both guys and drop DeVante Parker instead.

Parker has the dreaded Mystery Hamstring Injury and fell behind Kenny Stills on the depth chart. I don't like his odds of doing anything early on in the season.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Any chance of getting new Beersheets tomorrow? My draft is Monday and I'm feeling less confident using the most recent ones after final cutdowns than I thought I would.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So i have Leveon Bell and just been approached by the Deangelo owner wanting to trade, he wants Duke Johnson for DeAngelo. Full PPR

I also have Gurley, C. Sims, Ware, and Cmike. His RB's are DeAngelo, Bilal Powell, and Jeremy Hill (Yes i know, LOL). Now if everything goes good i'd only use Deangelo for 3 weeks max, should i even consider this or just roll with what i have for those 3 weeks until Bell is back?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'd take it. You need DeAngelo more than you need Duke Johnson.

The Steelers backfield is pretty much the only one that isn't one bad hit away from going full blown RBBC, and locking it up will be good.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Epi Lepi posted:

Any chance of getting new Beersheets tomorrow? My draft is Monday and I'm feeling less confident using the most recent ones after final cutdowns than I thought I would.

He's not updating over the holiday weekend. Print the last one and make your appropriate notes on guys like Forsett/West, Spencer Ware if you fancy Jamaal Charles and Bradford/Eagles passing game.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
Would you guys trade DeAndre Hopkins for Eddie Lacy and Jeremy Maclin? He was my first round pick, and I think he's a stud but I had Maclin last year and he was solid and I think Lacy could have a big year.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Crushed my draft tonight. Gonna show my autodrafting family league who's boss!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Samu posted:

Would you guys trade DeAndre Hopkins for Eddie Lacy and Jeremy Maclin? He was my first round pick, and I think he's a stud but I had Maclin last year and he was solid and I think Lacy could have a big year.

Heck no techno.

(also I don't know without seeing the rest of your team but my gut says no)

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.

Spoeank posted:

Heck no techno.

(also I don't know without seeing the rest of your team but my gut says no)

Rest of my team is (12 man standard league) :
QB: Russel Wilson
WR: TY Hilton, Stephon Diggs, Tedd Ginn, Kamar Aiken
RB: Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster, Giovani Bernard, Jay Ajayji, Checandrick West,
TE: Travis Kelce, Jimmy Graham
Def: Broncos
K: whocares

If you think about it just in terms of points, Maclin and Lacy combined are guaranteed to outscore Hopkins. I think Eddie Lacy will rush for 1000-1200 this year and Maclin will likely repeat his numbers from last year. Essentially I'm trading guaranteed points from having an elite receiver for value and depth.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Don't do the trade because your WRs are a mess. Also get Ware, not West and cut Ajayi and Diggs and Ginn

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Don't do the trade because your WRs are a mess. Also get Ware, not West and cut Ajayi and Diggs and Ginn

I'm definitely keeping Ajayi for when Foster gets hurt again and someone unfortunately already grabbed Ware. I don't hate my WRs, but that's probably my weakest unit. You say to drop them but the waiver wire is a dumpster fire. I actually really like Diggs and think he's going to break out this year, even with Bridgewater hurt.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Somehow my brain didn't make the Ajayi Foster connection. Who's on the wire?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

VietCampo posted:

And it begins. heh

:c00lbert:

Question is...will I be able to pull off LeVeon Bell from any frantic owners who start 0-1 or 0-2...

89 fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Sep 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Since there does not seem to be any data available on 0.5 PPR ADP, do you think it would be reasonable to just average the standard ADP and 1 PPR ADP to get an estimate of where the players might be going?

• Locked thread