Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

Ember's theme is very busy. Seems like two songs at once. Like you left a second tab open and forgot to close it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLZybc-xIKA

It bothers me that her eyes aren't red in this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

pissed they canceled the NXT show at Mattamy. I really wanted to see it at a smaller gym/arena. Guess I'll just have to try again. They said tickets go on sale September 21 10:00 am with a code (WWENXT) but I wonder if there will be an even earlier sale.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

NXT Takeover Toronto announced.

Goddamn it, I can't make it there boo

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pretty crazy that they're doing the Takeover at the ACC as well instead of a smaller venue (I really would've liked to go to one at the Mattamy) but I'm definitely in for that.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The pop for Booby Roode in Toronto is going to be, dare I say, GLORIOUS

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

This probably means the rumoured Takeover Melbourne isn't happening, right? gently caress.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The pop for Booby Roode in Toronto is going to be, dare I say, GLORIOUS

...gently caress, they might cheer him over Nakamura, let alone No Way Jose. That has to be a TV feud, right? And then he works... Murphy or someone in Toronto?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Gargano is next level

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I think I'm gonna buy a Johnny Gargano shirt

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

BWV posted:

pissed they canceled the NXT show at Mattamy. I really wanted to see it at a smaller gym/arena. Guess I'll just have to try again. They said tickets go on sale September 21 10:00 am with a code (WWENXT) but I wonder if there will be an even earlier sale.

I had floor seats for this gently caress. :smith: Welp, time to struggle with Ticketmaster for wheelchair accessible seating at ACC. :suicide: Watch the show be more expensive now too.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i actually like ember moon's theme after listening to it a few times. not sure if it'll ever work all that well as a wrestletheme though

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I really want them to do something different with Gargano and Ciampa. Have them rise up the ranks of NXT, then WWE, with everyone thinking they're going to split and one is going to turn against the other. But no, friendship prevails and they're BFFs forever, and sometimes they challenge each other to singles matches because it's fun.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
No, gently caress you, I want heel Ciampa

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

sticklefifer posted:

I really want them to do something different with Gargano and Ciampa. Have them rise up the ranks of NXT, then WWE, with everyone thinking they're going to split and one is going to turn against the other. But no, friendship prevails and they're BFFs forever, and sometimes they challenge each other to singles matches because it's fun.

And then in the ultimate swerve Gargano turns on Ciampa at the Hall of Fame induction!

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

AMReese posted:

this, if only we get the scene of Johnny asking him for help, Ciampa ripping off his shirt and tossing to him saying, "Do it yourself"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

AMReese posted:

What if they both turned heel and were heel buddies though

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Nobody wants heel Gargano

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

AMReese posted:

Nobody wants heel Gargano

as much as i hated late era dgusa, the start of the heel run with him as champ was pretty good. he can play a delusional heel alright, other kind of heels...not so much.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Well, yeah, but that was because he was desperate to remain champion. That doesn't really factor in here, and I doubt he'd really pull it off with the kind of reactions he gets in NXT.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all johnny has to do is visualize each member of the audience as chuck taylor and he'll be one of the best heels of the last decade

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

as much as i hated late era dgusa, the start of the heel run with him as champ was pretty good. he can play a delusional heel alright, other kind of heels...not so much.

He did really good heel work as the leader of Fourth Gunn in Smash imo. And 3 out of 5 of the members are working NXT now anyways so they're set.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If you've only seen Deonna on NXT or in lame circumstances in WOH

https://twitter.com/DeonnaPurrazzo/status/771891534748876800

https://twitter.com/ProWrestlingG0D/status/771805455261642752

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP9UfeEH2TY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkR5sUk-x4g

These 360 degree thingers own

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

WWE had scouts at the Rio Olympic’s and they were scouting many athletes. One of the athletes they were scouting was 27 year old Canadian wrestler Erica Wiebe.

She confirmed in an interview that WWE was scouting her and that they called her to possibly come in for the company.

Wiebe competed as part of Canada’s 2016 Olympic team. At the Olympics, she won gold, defeating Guzel Manyurova in the final event.The medal was the third gold medal in wrestling that Canada has ever won at the Olympics, and second ever women’s gold.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/wwe-interested-in-canadian-gold-medalist-erica-wiebe/

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Do any of the current women have their base in wrestling like she does? It would be interesting to have a woman with that style, just throwing people around.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

Do any of the current women have their base in wrestling like she does? It would be interesting to have a woman with that style, just throwing people around.

They don't. The women they have are from or just "did" bodybuilding, kickboxing, gymnastics or athletics (track & field).

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm surprised Vince didn't try to grab that Tongan dude. Both physically and for the WWE.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They'd add a woman permanently to the commentary table just so they could run a gimmick where she drools over him incessantly.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich
I think a female "Kurt Angle" would be a great addition. It'll be nice to have some more quick mat-based wrestling in the women's division.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm going to the NXT show in Melbourne

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
NXT is running a show in Osaka, Japan after the Australia shows.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

I'm going to the NXT show in Melbourne

Same.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

day before DDT is running the same venue. they're probably being petty because ibushi didn't sign lol

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hope it charts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d05aVhzRYE4

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

This could not be more generic if it tried

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE signed Alvin Abitz. 6ft 7in 290lbs 22 years old from Georgia who has dabbled in Amateur MMA:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
braun strowman, baron corbin, and alvin abitz will form the new shield

dude's fuckin ugly but maybe it's just the terrible hair throwing me off

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Man, Max Payne got jacked

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Before them, actually. Aussie tour starts on the 5th, the Japan show is the 3rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

AMReese posted:

Man, Max Payne got jacked

how dare you would besmirch the good name of Sam Lake's Beautiful Perfect Hair like that

• Locked thread