Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's just 25,000 emails from Chipotle with discount offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah okay I'll :toxx: for Hillary

Long live Bernie Sanders tho:smith:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

celeron 300a posted:

Trump will not give a concession speech until the day after

Trump's concession speech will be a stream-of-consciousness list of people who betrayed the Trumpenreich starting from Crooked Hillary and ending with The American voting public.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
so when is hillary supposed to run to the center to appeal to moderates or something?

because it looks like they're all jumping on board anyway without hillary actually having to do anything to change any positions.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Instant Sunrise posted:

so when is hillary supposed to run to the center to appeal to moderates or something?

because it looks like they're all jumping on board anyway without hillary actually having to do anything to change any positions.

As soon as Trump pivots to the center and stops being a gently caress up.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

As soon as Trump pivots to the center and stops being a gently caress up.

oh okay so never then

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Instant Sunrise posted:

If you want to pretend that she's totally running to the center and betraying us all, you can watch some Young Turks videos on her. You can listen raptly as they whine that she's no better than Trump and how Jill Stein is a valid option in November.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
One of the recent Chapo trap house podcasts had some tears over her all right speech being too nice to Republicans not named Trump so there's that too

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Instant Sunrise posted:

oh okay so never then
its not labor day yet the campaign hasn't really started duh

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Gyges posted:

If you want to pretend that she's totally running to the center and betraying us all, you can watch some Young Turks videos on her. You can listen raptly as they whine that she's no better than Trump and how Jill Stein is a valid option in November.

Long before I was a Hillary supporter, and while I was extremely far to the left, I still hate hate hated Cenk Uygar. He embodies the worst parts of liberal male anchorship along with Chris Matthews and Bill Maher who will literally just talk the loudest in the room over everybody else because they know that they are right and everyone else should just be a wall for them to echo off of. Chris Matthews has calmed down a bit, but Bill and Cenk are still the dudes I want to shove into trash cans. They use hateful humor to make pretty much every point, I support independent media but I could barely make it through clips of the Young Turks before having to shut it off. Doesn't sound like it's gotten much better.

Also, not like there's any way to prove this, but seeing the way he treats women on his show, I bet he's uncomfortable with Hillary because she would be a woman in power. Supporting Jill Stein is easy because she's not actually going to win. An actual chance of a female commander-in-chief makes a lot of people wary, including leftists.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

trapped mouse posted:

Long before I was a Hillary supporter, and while I was extremely far to the left, I still hate hate hated Cenk Uygar. He embodies the worst parts of liberal male anchorship along with Chris Matthews and Bill Maher who will literally just talk the loudest in the room over everybody else because they know that they are right and everyone else should just be a wall for them to echo off of. Chris Matthews has calmed down a bit, but Bill and Cenk are still the dudes I want to shove into trash cans. They use hateful humor to make pretty much every point, I support independent media but I could barely make it through clips of the Young Turks before having to shut it off. Doesn't sound like it's gotten much better.

Also, not like there's any way to prove this, but seeing the way he treats women on his show, I bet he's uncomfortable with Hillary because she would be a woman in power. Supporting Jill Stein is easy because she's not actually going to win. An actual chance of a female commander-in-chief makes a lot of people wary, including leftists.

Cenk probably hates Hillary because outside of her time as SoS she's always called the armenian genocide an actual genocide.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

trapped mouse posted:

No, the crazy thing is that Cenk is being one of the relatively sane ones with regard to Hillary. He thinks that you should probably vote for her, but if you want to vote for Jill Stein that's also perfectly valid.

gently caress my youtube suggestions always point me there when I'm bored with little else to do.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Cenk doesn't support Hillary so much as Cenk supports still having a network in two months

The bernouts are a relatively small portion of the Democratic electorate and as much as Cenk drank the koolade he's not so stupid that he can't see who pays the bills

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah okay I'll :toxx: for Hillary

Long live Bernie Sanders tho:smith:
Bernie is in a better place now. We sent him to live on a great big farm where he'll have plenty of room to run and play and Howard Dean is there too. :unsmith:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

neonnoodle posted:

Bernie is in a better place now. We sent him to live on a great big farm where he'll have plenty of room to run and play and Howard Dean is there too. :unsmith:

Dean's kinda turned into a lobbyist bastard in recent years, sorry to say.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

exploding mummy posted:

he still has one or two rape charges pending

also a man handcuffed himself to a chair in the nevada state democratic primaries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsvHrqJXgHo

Great, now this is in my head.

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=xsvHrqJXgHo&video_start=0&audio=eu2OYcgr4rM&audio_start=0

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
gently caress it, this has been a long time coming. I mean, plenty of you toxxed for my country's election (which somehow I was the only one to get it right in the entire thread) so I may as well toxx for Hilary now.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

i kinda wish there was an easier was to see what everybody's first post in the thread was made.

i though it'd be neat to put together a graph of people when people toxxed for hillary versus her polling numbers (also with annotations for when specific events happened)

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
I toxxed for her back during the primaries. :coal:

The event that made me toxx was some forum run by BLM that Hillary and Bernie (and MO'M!) went to, and Hillary was able to actually have conversations, and any statement longer than 10 seconds was just a stump speech from Bernie.

edit: which is pretty much how every debate went as well.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Instant Sunrise posted:

i kinda wish there was an easier was to see what everybody's first post in the thread was made.

i though it'd be neat to put together a graph of people when people toxxed for hillary versus her polling numbers (also with annotations for when specific events happened)

Unfortunately this thread was only opened after it was already pretty clear she was gonna drive her enemies before her and hear the lamentations of their models.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Who cares when they toxxed. The Grand Abuela welcomes all under her embrace.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Instant Sunrise posted:

I was the first to toxx for a permaban :coal:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Mrit posted:

I was the first to toxx for a permaban :coal:
And you'll be the first one up against the wall when the revolution comes.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

:911:

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

DemeaninDemon posted:

Well with that, I may as well :toxx: as well.

All hail the Grand Abuela. Down with Ben Ghazi!

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

DemeaninDemon posted:

:fsmug:

e: god this was a hatchet job of an emoticon

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Instant Sunrise posted:

Hillary will win re-election in 2020. Perma-:toxx:

There now we don't have to hear this poo poo again.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Have I been robbed of a Goon Gang for my previous toxx?

If so, I trust Hillary will finally honor my request to 'Subsidize Beer" from 2008 and crack down on these forums until I get a proper gang sign.

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx
Everyone is :derp:ing but I'm comfortable and relaxed. Trump hasn't just touched the third rail he's sliding down it and hooting. It's going to be a cult-right slaughterhouse.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

AMorePerfctGoonion posted:

Everyone is :derp:ing but I'm comfortable and relaxed. Trump hasn't just touched the third rail he's sliding down it and hooting. It's going to be a cult-right slaughterhouse.

Who is azrying? That doofus celestial?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Me, constantly.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
You're a doofus too then!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

You're a doofus too then!

Not wrong.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I am pretty sure that Hillary's going to win barring some kind of black swan event of unprecedented magnitude, but I maintain the right to :derp: over continued Republican obstructionism in Congress, the 2018 midterms, 2020, and the idea that Trump isn't going to be defeated thoroughly enough to completely discredit his platform in the eyes of the (white) public.

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
I've been pretty good about not arzying so far, but the FBI release today has me feeling pretty concerned about the effect on HRC's poll numbers. They're almost definitely going to take a hit from this, given how people responded to the Clinton Foundation, and she doesn't have much wiggle room left.

The debates can't come fast enough.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Take a deep breath, go for a short walk, and drink a beer when you get home.

By the time you do all that Trump will have said something stupid.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Swedgin posted:

I've been pretty good about not arzying so far, but the FBI release today has me feeling pretty concerned about the effect on HRC's poll numbers. They're almost definitely going to take a hit from this, given how people responded to the Clinton Foundation, and she doesn't have much wiggle room left.

The debates can't come fast enough.

Could do.

OTOH it's a long weekend, it's five on the east coast and there hasn't been a single serious tweet about it in my feed in an hour.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

My whole view on the election currently: I'm cautiously optimistic that Hillary will win. Senate will probably end up 50-50, and it's unlikely the dems take the house. Several high profile republicans are either distancing themselves or staying silent on Trump now, like with McCain saying "VOTE FOR ME TO BE A CHECK ON CLINTON", though the dems will likely hammer him on his Trump support. Reince had to stay silent after the anti-immigration speech, because he knows all that speech did was give the democrats ammo. We also haven't even seen the polls because of that speech yet, and gently caress the daily trackers. While CS like to go full throat Arzy on it, I'm still a bit uneasy that Trump has a lot of support (and yes, I understand his support hasn't gone up, only Hillary's has gone down, but the fuckton of undecideds is why I'm uneasy).

Basically, tl;dr: Hillary is almost certain to win, but we shouldn't rest on our laurels.

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx
Yeah, McCain openly predicting a Clinton victory was a message to voters alienated by Trump who are thinking of staying home in November and who need to be motivated to go in and vote a split ticket. Many conservatives who are disgusted by Trump still fear a Clinton presidency so I think we'll see similar strategies used by Republicans in other states. It's a delicate thing to publicly moot a Trump loss without angering Trumpists who would look at it as a betrayal, particularly when Dems point it out, although not as bad as disendorsement and it is coming after the primary so who else are they going to vote for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx
La grandiosa abuela has a plan to save us from all the Shkrelis and the Mylans:

quote:

Here's the major idea: As president, Clinton would create a task force of regulators with the power to decide whether price increases on old, essential medicines and devices were reasonable given product improvements and the amount of competition in the market. If not, the task force would have the power to mete out punishments to companies that were trying to profiteer, potentially with fines.

Factsheet

Tell your friends. Tell your family. Tell your dog. Because god knows you won't hear about it on the news

• Locked thread