Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Gaz-L posted:

...Then how do you illustrate that she's referencing your totally original-do-not-steal meme from within the MU? You've just added an extra page to the book to make the joke work, when using a real thing gives that context metatextually.

I am honestly not sure what you're getting at here. I just think that using an original joke to show Kamala's excitement for meeting Wolverine would have been more interesting. For instance, as much of a groaner as I thought that Doge reference was, I thought Kamala gushing about the fanfic she wrote about Wolverine was hilarious. I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm suggesting they make up some knock-off meme from?

ImpAtom posted:

So? Half the panels posted in this thread are dumb. Dumb stuff can be funny.

Well yeah, but this is a dumb thing I don't like. :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Okay. We get it. We'll all get off your lawn.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Hello I just got here from the distant past of 2014 to see if you guys are done fighting over whether one joke in Ms Marvel was funny and...

oh.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It wasn't, we decided that years ago.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Am I the only one who read the "fantasy team up list" panel and thought of the gag from Super Hero Squad where before starting an adventure with Herbie, Wolverine pulls out a checklist of all the Marvel heroes and crosses Herbie's name off of it?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Funny Comic Panels only! Trigger warning: memes

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Instagram account classic_batman_panels has a great one up today:

God drat this is amazing. I dunno what I love more, the clenched fist of batman in the background just SO ANGRY AND UPSET THAT HE DOESN'T EVEN WANNA TALK or the fact everyone forgets Superman has super hearing and knows that bats is just being a dick and that makes him weepy.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't care how in character it is, it's loving dumb.

No one has said it isn't in character because who cares

I thought it was funny. Good thing you're not an editor or we wouldn't get anything good.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

This will never be dated

I do like that Wolverine's figure changes in every panel.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Die Laughing posted:

I thought it was funny. Good thing you're not an editor or we wouldn't get anything good.

Same for ya buddy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

Let it go. This always proves to be so weirdly contentious.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the best way to escape the meme scourge is to go off the grid and live in a bunker without internet access

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I'm sure it is real, but it doesn't LOOK real, if that makes sense.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Does Baroness know about this?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she's right there (and there, and there, and there...), so probably

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What's that about perpetual sunlight? Did the world stop rotating?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
california is a very sunny place

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

prefect posted:

Does Baroness know about this?

Cobra cloning technology is without peer. It allows them to sacrifice a Baroness on every mission.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
A vote for Cobra Commander is a vote for a pile of money in every castle, and a Baroness on every pile.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Captain Bravo posted:

A vote for Cobra Commander is a vote for a pile of money in every castle, and a Baroness on every pile.

How come we only get one Baroness? Destro got at least 10 on his.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SilverSupernova posted:

How come we only get one Baroness? Destro got at least 10 on his.

Do you have an awesome metal mask welded to your face?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Do you have an awesome metal mask welded to your face?

Yes. Why do you ask?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Do you have a sick red cobra hood as your collar?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Do you sometimes have a Scottish accent?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tangentially how is Comic Spider-Man doing vs. Ant-Man?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Last I read ant man was trying to get spiderman to use people's real names instead of their code names.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 4, 2016

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Holy poo poo that was actually p. funny. Hank Pym loving with Spider-Man is a tale to astonish.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats actually Scott Lang while Pym's supposed to have retired. Or at least thats what we're supposed to believe.

Pym pretending he's been kidnapped to punch Peter a bit sounds plausible too though.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

That panel of Scott shrugging at Spider-Man is begging to be an avatar

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

How? How does Newspaper Spider-Man continue to be the very best thing Marvel is doing?!

And why have there been no collections?!?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Let it go. This always proves to be so weirdly contentious.

"How come every single loving argument I'm ever involved in becomes a hot shitfest? What's the contiguous element here?"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Alaois posted:

"How come every single loving argument I'm ever involved in becomes a hot shitfest? What's the contiguous element here?"

You have been a snide, arrogant poo poo to me for literally years. I am here, I am not going away, and I don't care if you don't like my posting. Grow the gently caress up or put me on ignore. I don't care which.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
No matter how hard I try I can't stop reading every word of every character in newspaper Spidey in Stan Lee's voice

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo that final panel is gold.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Welp, that was my one ride on the back of an ant I can use per day. Guess you're stuck using public transportation!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Choco1980 posted:

How? How does Newspaper Spider-Man continue to be the very best thing Marvel is doing?!

And why have there been no collections?!?

There have, but from back when the strip debuted in the '70s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Reminder that the Newspaper Spider-Man Spiderverse was the one spiderverse Morlun wouldn't mess with because it was too pure and innocent