Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

omg chael crash posted:

Doctor Nick is the best part

Griffin is the receptionist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

When will Cool Games Inc create the cooking/racing game that could only be their greatest achievement?

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Sep 4, 2016

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
thread mixup, sorry

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/_glitter_ass/status/772193194452844545

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This is loving great.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

It's like, christ, it seems like just a couple of years ago these boys were goofin' about a dude who wanted to gently caress a pam anderson/garfield hybrid and now they got fanart of griffin eatin' an amiibo

I'm proud of all of them.

e:

Whizbang posted:

That is the second greatest piece of game journalist art of all time.
Gotcha covered on that one too

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 4, 2016

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
That is the second greatest piece of game journalist art of all time.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

keepin the art train rolling, I drew what TheAdventureZone crew look like in my imagination (✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

_jink posted:

keepin the art train rolling, I drew what TheAdventureZone crew look like in my imagination (✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚

Incredible!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

e:

Gotcha covered on that one too

You're correct, that's the greatest.

_jink posted:

Those graphics are very good.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

_jink posted:

Please be sure to send this to them, it's great

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

_jink posted:

Very cool!

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

_jink posted:

This is very good.

Edit- you better loving tweet this at them

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 4, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

_jink posted:

would wouldn't would

*greatjob*

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

A+ Stephen as well

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

That's the best Stephen I've ever seen.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that facial expression is so Merle it hurts

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jacksonhair_/status/772520650812653569

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

_jink posted:

Handsome Magnus is amazing, Mustache Merle is great, and Taco looks like he wouldn't want me to critique or judge him. This is really good and I definitely like your take on them!

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Aaah I'm so sad I missed this :(

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

_jink posted:

Pitch-perfect. (Although idk if Taako's pecs would be quite that magnificent, he doesn't seem like the type to exercise. (Maybe he cast some sort of buffness charm on himself.))

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Look at these beautiful boys!! https://twitter.com/mrbob0822/status/772565236759093248?s=09

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/alecricciuti/status/772761608179318785

[Muffled Megalovania in the distance]

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm going through the adventure zone for the first time, is the Switcheroo episode worth listening to? I have no familiarity with the flop house.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm going through the adventure zone for the first time, is the Switcheroo episode worth listening to? I have no familiarity with the flop house.

No.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Eh, not really. I skipped it during my relisten. An NPC in Crystal Kingdom is a relative of one of the Flop House PCs, but it's not a big deal.

The whole switcheroo was kind of a bad idea all around.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Do you wish that, at every mention of any female NPC, one of the players mentioned wanting to have sex with her?

If so, listen to the switcheroo episode!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Waffleman_ posted:

Eh, not really. I skipped it during my relisten. An NPC in Crystal Kingdom is a relative of one of the Flop House PCs, but it's not a big deal.

The whole switcheroo was kind of a bad idea all around.

Shockingly, the ones with the brothers were good

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's terrible

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I still haven't listened to the switched MBMBAM, because that whole thing with the Harry Potter house-based dating Yahoo pissed me off too much. It's like they don't understand why the McElroys do Yahoos so good. The difference between the McElroys and other people making fun of Yahoo Answers is that the brothers are willing to engage the question on its own terms. It's not just a surface level "This is stupid," but a springboard for more comedy to develop. In the hands of the brothers, that question could have been a legendary goof, but all we get is "You should grow up." loving stupid.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
The concept of switcheroo episodes was dumb on its face and when they announced it I already knew I'd be taking a week off. It'd be like the NFL "rewarding" fans of football with an exhibition game consisting entirely of baseball players playing really terribly. Why not just give us a longer episode, or maybe even a guest spot (even though I don't like those much either)? The only suitable way to reward fans of the McElroys is with MORE McElroys doing the things they're good at.

Although if they had switched with JJHo I'd be totally down. JJHo is kind of a similar concept to MBMBaM anyway.

I guess the concept would make sense if you were a fan of EVERY MaxFun show, but if that person exists, I haven't seen him.

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 5, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think their justification was you'd not only hear the hosts of other podcasts, but hopefully go to listen to your favorite hosts on other podcasts, opening you up to more shows on Maxfun, but when nobody is doing anything well, it doesn't work.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

zimbomonkey posted:

The concept of switcheroo episodes was dumb on its face and when they announced it I already knew I'd be taking a week off. It'd be like the NFL "rewarding" fans of football with an exhibition game consisting entirely of baseball players playing really terribly. Why not just give us a longer episode, or maybe even a guest spot (even though I don't like those much either)? The only suitable way to reward fans of the McElroys is with MORE McElroys doing the things they're good at.

Although if they had switched with JJHo I'd be totally down. JJHo is kind of a similar concept to MBMBaM anyway.

I guess the concept would make sense if you were a fan of EVERY MaxFun show, but if that person exists, I haven't seen him.

The idea is to get traffic to less listened shows when you discover you like the new hosts' style

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I love The Flop House and that episode really doesn't do a good job of demonstrating what their show is like.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The MBMBaM episode of Flophouse is the by-far best episode of Flophouse ever made and genuinely good, so.

Anyways: The Flophouse TAZ isn't as bad as other people are saying (there are multiple episodes of Crystal Kingdom that are worse than it) but it's not good, and it's definitely skippable unlike those real unpleasant eps of Crystal Kingdom. At the very least the Scales stuff is fun if only because it makes the eventual introduction of Carey better in the main product.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
I made it as far as the guy singing and about two 'can I gently caress this lady' jokes before giving up on the switcheroo ep, it was a very... different style to the usual.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
MaxFun seems like complete garbo and I have never been even vaguely tempted to listen to a non-McElroy MaxFun show.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
IIRC, he lets up a fair bit on the lady jokes, but he doesn't really stop the songs.

It's not bad, but definitely has its problems. The only thing is that a few characters that have shown up in TAZ proper were affiliated with the Flophouse story in some small way.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I was really excited about the switcheroo episodes but then the Sawbones version of Oh No Ross and Carrie was just so, so bad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It was OK but it kind of commits the cardinal sin of a bad movie mockery show where they chose a movie that was an intentionally bad, low-budget, "ironic" horror movie. Like, no poo poo Leprechan Whatever: Why Are We Still Making These is badly acted and cheaply made.