Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

After watching the wildcard finals yesterday I think what bugs me most about the LPL is that you can't hear the crowd and chinese casters in the background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

Forgiven doing an AMA where he answers almost every relevant question, great stuff:
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/5113lr/konstantinos_forg1ven_tzortziou_2016_ama/

e: ah beaten, there's the link though!

man i love how honest he is in all his answers

the kalista flair is a nice touch too, haha

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
omg forgiven pls

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'd put good odds on UOL beating FNC today. I think it's a 3-1.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

i agree with you but there's just a part of me that believes fnatic will have re-invented themselves out of nowhere and will make it to worlds somehow

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i support kassadin players everywhere

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Sexpansion posted:

I agree.

Also the LMS regional finals is basically a highlight reel of owning on a jungler.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Why would you take that magical journey lol :riot:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

exethan posted:

i support kassadin players everywhere

more like kassawin in this meta

e: not really, i think you can pick strong waveclear into kass and get first brick really easy

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
febiven what happened to you :(

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

fangirls, apparently

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

someone explain to me why kassadin is so meta all of a sudden when waveclear is still good in mid tia

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Kassadin won lane pre-20 so this game has been over barring a massive throw for awhile. Exileh is making GBS threads on Febiven.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Kassadin is good in this meta because all the AD mids are no good right now. With the exception of Varus, who would probably poo poo on Kass.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah kassadin wins / goes even vs a lot of the meme mid champs atm so you can just get the adc to waveclear while kassadin sidelanes

stump collector
May 28, 2007
kassadin bitch

stump collector
May 28, 2007
they've fallen to pieces and they keep falling

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Spirit's jungle style just doesn't work on this team.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
when your style is to camp the guy who speaks the same language as you it's understandable

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

imo one way to beat kassadin Real Bad woudl be to pick Taliyah, but that's illegal in western league of legends

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Spirit was literally the best player on Fnatic this season and it wasn't even close

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

imo one way to beat kassadin Real Bad woudl be to pick Taliyah, but that's illegal in western league of legends

Did you watch the game?

rabidsquid posted:

Spirit was literally the best player on Fnatic this season and it wasn't even close

I completely agree, I'm just saying he doesn't work on this team.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

Didn't work here

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i didnt see the early game but im guessing febi won early (the analyst deck is confirming this for me as i write this) and then fnatic sucked rear end for the rest of the game

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

henkman posted:

Didn't work here

i haven't seen a single good taliyah game by a western player. idgi at all. like jensen is pretty good and his taliyah game against tsm was total garbage

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Huni and Reignover managed to boost these animals to worlds semis. My hats off to them.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

If you can't win lane against Shen and Kassadin on two of the strongest solo laners in the game you are hosed.

Febiven maybe won the first 5 minutes of lane but got solo killed by Kassadin in a terrible rotation on the first group skirmish and was massively behind by midgame. I don't know how anyone in the desk considers that winning lane.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i like to make that joke too but im pretty sure if you put that team back together they'd just be playing v poorly now. its not even a top focused meta and spirit has been their best player. just the falloff from febiven hurt them that bad i guess. also like was examined recently they performed significantly worse in standard lanes so this new patch is really really bad for them

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

i haven't seen a single good taliyah game by a western player. idgi at all. like jensen is pretty good and his taliyah game against tsm was total garbage

I just don't see how a guy who's main gimmick is a blink loses to someone who's gimmick revolves around punishing dashes and creating walls. It just seems like a lose/lose

stump collector
May 28, 2007
reminder that their coach died and yellowstar has been replaced by a lizard person in his skin

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Fnatic self-destructing this year has been oddly satisfying.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I just don't see how a guy who's main gimmick is a blink loses to someone who's gimmick revolves around punishing dashes and creating walls. It just seems like a lose/lose

i cant tell you how many games of LPL i watched where one team happily picked a kassadin and got loving shoved to death everywhere by literally Just A Sivir. it doesn't matter how good he is at not getting caught by Taliyah when she is the hardest shoving solo laner in the game and he struggles with wave clear against literally anyone.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
taliyah wins the lane because she has ridiculous damage and wave control. kassadin should either choose to lose a ton of CS or take damage and get an XP disadvantage, or both. fnatic should've never been in a situation to take an "even skirmish" against this team comp, because kassadin and shen are good at teamfighting and not at laning. once you give up kill gold to them and they catch back up or get ahead, the game is over

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

exethan posted:

reminder that their coach died and yellowstar has been replaced by a lizard person in his skin

yeah febiven being like "thank fuckin god dicklor is gone" probably provides some insight into what has gone wrong

stump collector
May 28, 2007
deilor probably wanted in on the streamer babes and fan girls

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

A good team that has bjergsen on taliya will push kass to turret and dive him / take tower while making plays on the map as kassadin is forced to farm

A bad team will send taliya to farm gromp while kassadin hunts down gangplonk with extreme prejudice

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

yeah febiven being like "thank fuckin god dicklor is gone" probably provides some insight into what has gone wrong

yup

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

exethan posted:

deilor probably wanted in on the streamer babes and fan girls

Spirit wouldn't loving have this.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

so how many people on this fnatic are still gonna be on it next year i wonder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Febiven tilted when deilor kept telling him his fangirls had negative eV

• Locked thread