Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

Claiming the JURNAL for the hot coals in the Cauldron (Barely visible at this angle! Sorry!) and for the crazy free-blade Imperial Knight who wants to livery like it's 1996.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Oath complete

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
OATH SHAMEFULLY COMPLETE

This is probably the least proud I've been of an oath job since I started, and it's not gonna win any prizes, but it wouldn't win any more prizes if I burned the midnight oil to add more touchups and detailing so I'm just going to put it in the books as done, which I think it justifiably is. I really overestimated both my creative time and my enthusiasm for these models. I'll have to work on doing better for that.

Challenge is the flamingly obvious (:downsrim:) fire on two of the models.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath Complete!

Mountain King

Fusiliers

Squalos

Glowy bits on the Fusiliers and Squalos for the Theme. Also, #SquadGoals!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

glitchkrieg posted:

Are these images broken for anyone else? I just looked at this thread at home and they're coming up as broken :/

Direct link seems to work though:

http://xerode.net/img/sa/oath/08_chaos_warrior.jpg

http://xerode.net/img/sa/oath/08_goblin_fanatics.jpg

http://xerode.net/img/sa/oath/08_frostgrave_tokens_03.jpg

They're all working for me, so you're fine

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Oath Complete!

Claiming Apprentice

Edit:

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 2, 2016

LewdMonocle
Mar 8, 2007

LewdMonocle posted:

I LewdMonocle Oath ONE Ember 32mm from CoolMini's Dark Age

Oath Complete!

Claiming theme fire elemental.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Oath Complete

Claiming It's hot! Hot! Hot!

GoodBee fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Sep 1, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

GoodBee posted:

Oath Complete

Claiming It's hot! Hot! Hot!

That image is not showing, do you have the right link/visibility settings?

Works like this though

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

That image is not showing, do you have the right link/visibility settings?

Apparently not. Thanks. I fixed it.

INinja132
Aug 7, 2015

Oath Complete!

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I'm going to have to declare Oath Failed.
A day after my last oath extension, a huge pile of commission work showed up which has kept me busy since then. It really has been a very productive month though, and I finished almost everything I oathed. So I'm satisfied.

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
Oath Complete!

Not claiming any of the monthly themes this time.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:shroom::ranbowdash::catdrugs:I, Irate Tree, do Oath - One Dark Eldar Archon - for September!:shroom::ranbowdash::catdrugs:

Just for the sake of completion, he's a Games Workshop figure, for Warhammer 40k, 28mm.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I, Chance II, Oath 2 Guildball Brewers, 3 Dunian Knots from Privateer Press, and a troll highwayman solo also from PP in 28mm for the month of September

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Terrain painting continues, this time onto the Deadzone group

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for September

A helipad, train station, 6" container, 6" walkway, and 9" bridge by Underground Lasers (28mm)

(still to come in future oaths: Train group, Prison group, Wolsung group, 'original' group, 10/15mm group, Reaper+Acheson group, Worldsmith group)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, Oath to paint the following in September:

4 Galwegians from Corvus Belli's Infinity
Rafkin from Wyrd's Malifaux

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Red Shoe posted:

Oath Complete!

I love this model to bits, love seeing it done well; good job :)

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I, nesbit37, oath for September the entire brewers team for guild ball (9 minis) and one ball

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:siren: August is complete! :siren:

Go check your points and stuff in the Spreadsheet and make sure it's correct! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=16

Electric Hobo will be along in around a week to do the monthly prize draws so you have until then to get me to fix any issues :)

Gonna get started on September's Oaths shortly! And as a reminder:

krushgroove posted:

September: School's about to start - let’s celebrate the big yellow school bus!
technical challenge: paint a mostly YELLOW model! Yellow should be at least 50% of the model, or more. You should have shading, mid-tones and highlighting
theme challenge: paint a school bus-themed model! Alternatively, paint a model that has the classic math/science/geometry teacher stylings of tweed! Put plaid or tweed somewhere on your model

And also this competition being graciously run by LordAba:

LordAba posted:

Thanks Zark the Damned!

Anyways, paint something *punk to win some Aetherium in September. I'll probably report this as a reminder this weekend as well. Be sure to mark finished entries as Punks love Dick so I can find them.

Could be anything really. Cyber, Diesel, Steam, Music. I'm not picky, even though I could be. Yeah I'm talking to you, guy you puts gears on a top hat and thinks he is edgy.
This is also a great time to read a book and paint something related to Philip K Dick. "But, Philip K Dick is more scifi than cyberpunk!" Well, it is my contest, isn't it? Anyways, if you paint a reference to Dick or write a story related to anything Philip K Dick has done you will get double points. That's like twice as many! Each point is an entry to win an enhanced Aetherium boxset! Enhanced by including darn near everything for the Nanomei and Axiom factions, plus some sneak peek models from Ikaru.

What is Aetherium? An awesome board/miniatures game. The highlights of the game is using a resource to actually move the board around, a neat way of building your armies, some great scenarios, and it is fairly cheap to get into! Set in a cyberpunk setting, of course!
It's basically the matrix as written by Philip K Dick. Check it out at: http://www.anvil-eight.com/

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Irate Tree posted:

:shroom::ranbowdash::catdrugs:I, Irate Tree, do Oath - One Dark Eldar Archon - for September!:shroom::ranbowdash::catdrugs:

Just for the sake of completion, he's a Games Workshop figure, for Warhammer 40k, 28mm.

Chance II posted:

I, Chance II, Oath 2 Guildball Brewers, 3 Dunian Knots from Privateer Press, and a troll highwayman solo also from PP in 28mm for the month of September

NTRabbit posted:

Terrain painting continues, this time onto the Deadzone group

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for September

A helipad, train station, 6" container, 6" walkway, and 9" bridge by Underground Lasers (28mm)

(still to come in future oaths: Train group, Prison group, Wolsung group, 'original' group, 10/15mm group, Reaper+Acheson group, Worldsmith group)

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, Oath to paint the following in September:

4 Galwegians from Corvus Belli's Infinity
Rafkin from Wyrd's Malifaux

nesbit37 posted:

I, nesbit37, oath for September the entire brewers team for guild ball (9 minis) and one ball

Approved!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
September Oath! Dannon Blythe and Bull, Colbie Sterling, 5 Widowmakers.
All Privateer Press.

enri posted:

I love this model to bits, love seeing it done well; good job :)

Thanks!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I tallkidwithglasses oath this punchy smashfucker from privateer press for september

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I, Lord Aba, oath 1 Swarmlord (games-workshop) for September!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I really wish that I had the time to make a school bus converted to being an Ok trukk. :( Someone with more time and energy fulfill this dream for me.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Red Shoe posted:

September Oath! Dannon Blythe and Bull, Colbie Sterling, 5 Widowmakers.
All Privateer Press.

Thanks!

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I tallkidwithglasses oath this punchy smashfucker from privateer press for september

LordAba posted:

I, Lord Aba, oath 1 Swarmlord (games-workshop) for September!

Approved!

Ashcans posted:

I really wish that I had the time to make a school bus converted to being an Ok trukk. :( Someone with more time and energy fulfill this dream for me.

Puppetswar has you covered - https://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=65

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Oath addition, also this speeder from GW:china:

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath these four Guild Ball models: Ballista, Salvo, Velocity and good ol' Bally. All are from Steamforged Games and are 30mm.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter, Oath 2 US Platoons for Flames of War Vietnam - 15mm Battlefront.

Ain't no Senators son's here.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 3, 2016

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Grey Hunter posted:

...and now I know what song's going to be stuck in my head for the next three days...

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Time to break my neck I guess.
For September, I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint 1 Cyborg and the Wolf Clan from Blood Rage: 1 leader, 8 warriors and 2 mystics. From em4miniatures and CMoN respectively.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath addition, also this speeder from GW:china:

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these four Guild Ball models: Ballista, Salvo, Velocity and good ol' Bally. All are from Steamforged Games and are 30mm.

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, Oath 2 US Platoons for Flames of War Vietnam - 15mm Battlefront.

Electric Hobo posted:

Time to break my neck I guess.
For September, I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint 1 Cyborg and the Wolf Clan from Blood Rage: 1 leader, 8 warriors and 2 mystics. From em4miniatures and CMoN respectively.

Approved!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
I, glitchkrieg, oath these 2 GW Squigs, a GW Painboy and a Mano di Porco Squig for the month of September.

(Linking because my host is being poo poo with images at the moment)

hexa fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 3, 2016

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I, Thundercloud, Oath 10 Tactical Space marines from Games Workshop.

I dug out some old sprues, and put together a Cacharodon Kill Team. I'll be oathing some Gates of Antares later in the month.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I thespaceinvader oath one converted YV666 by Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270 scale (ish)

Conversion is the magnetised wings.

Haven't yet decided school bus or taxi.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I, cyberia, oath two Eldar rangers and one Space Marine devastator, all from Games Workshop.

INinja132
Aug 7, 2015

I, INinja132, oath one Stug III G, 28mm, from Warlord Games

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath these 2 GW Squigs, a GW Painboy and a Mano di Porco Squig for the month of September.

(Linking because my host is being poo poo with images at the moment)

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, Oath 10 Tactical Space marines from Games Workshop.

I dug out some old sprues, and put together a Cacharodon Kill Team. I'll be oathing some Gates of Antares later in the month.

thespaceinvader posted:

I thespaceinvader oath one converted YV666 by Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270 scale (ish)

Conversion is the magnetised wings.

Haven't yet decided school bus or taxi.

cyberia posted:

I, cyberia, oath two Eldar rangers and one Space Marine devastator, all from Games Workshop.

INinja132 posted:

I, INinja132, oath one Stug III G, 28mm, from Warlord Games

Approved!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath a War Hog, a Gun Boar, and Sturm and Drang for September(they're the two headed model, so three models total)

counterspin fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of September Harlen Versh and a little thing i made, and Gallent, by Privateer press.

• Locked thread