Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

X-O posted:

The new Iron Fist costume looks comfy.

The Dude abides

All he's missing is a White Russian in one of his hands, but then again, that would get in the way of some Kung fu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jonny_Rocket posted:

The Dude abides

All he's missing is a White Russian in one of his hands, but then again, that would get in the way of some Kung fu

You've not seen enough good kung fu movies if you think that.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Watching season 2 of agent carter. Why the hell did they cancel it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Because you didn't watch it when it was still on the air with commercial breaks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Because it really drove home just how terrible Agents of Shield was so they could have a superior product on the air.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It was just too good for this world :(

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Skwirl posted:

Because you didn't watch it when it was still on the air with commercial breaks.

I'm sorry. I was super busy when it was airing :( also I'm Canadian and they don't take Canadian ratings into account.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I lost interest in Agents of SHIELD and gave up just a few episodes into Season 3, but I fully admit it had improved tremendously from the beginning to late Season 1, and it wasn't the show's fault -- it was me.

But I LOVED Agent Carter, and I already miss it terribly. Peggy, the Jarvises, Daniel Sousa, and Howard Stark were pure fun and joy to watch in that gorgeous period setting. Season 2 was even better than Season 1, and it gave us one of the MCU's best, most layered, most sympathetic villains in Whitney Frost (plus Dottie continued to be great).

Part of me hopes late '40s Peggy can somehow get plucked out of the timestream in order to team up with Cap and the Avengers during the Infinity War movie. She was too wonderful -- they ALL were -- to never see those characters again.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Are they still filming iron fist? All I see is Danny rand the bum, when do I get cleaned up iron fist?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kingtheninja posted:

Are they still filming iron fist? All I see is Danny rand the bum, when do I get cleaned up iron fist?

Probably the last episode.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hope it's the old school outfit with the big yellow vneck shoulder pad collar things

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm wondering how they're going to do the costume because there's no way they're doing yellow slippers and open chest shirt with high collar.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

muscles like this? posted:

I'm wondering how they're going to do the costume because there's no way they're doing yellow slippers and open chest shirt with high collar.

Could always go for the Immortal look

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
In the new pm/if he wears actual shoes and the outfit is solid with an emblem on the chest instead of the open v cut. Still has the ridiculous collar though, so i dunno what they're gonna do about that. Maybe they'll just ignore it.

E: that outfit without the collar looks good ^^

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Could always go for the Immortal look

I think what might be the only issue with that look is the mask is too similar to Matt's pre-Daredevil costume. Which is too bad because it was a pretty cool mask.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
One of my issues with season two of Agent Carter was, and maybe it's just me, but it seemed like as they panicked about reduced ratings from season one, we saw more and more of Haley Atwell crawling under tables and the like. Essentially shots that were simultaneously exposing her and making her seem vulnerable - which really undercut the character.

Maybe I was reading more into it than was there, and I very much enjoyed season two and wanted more seasons of the show, but it left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Iron Fist probably won't wear a mask at all. I don't see why he'd really need to in this universe.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

site posted:

I hope it's the old school outfit with the big yellow vneck shoulder pad collar things

Fancy slippers or bust!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

Iron Fist probably won't wear a mask at all. I don't see why he'd really need to in this universe.

But it looks cool. Just do the DD mask before he got his costume and make it look like Iron Fist's.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Ok, I don't watch AoS, so I have a question for those who do. Did they resolve the whole Coulson being alive thing in a reasonable way? I know he's banished to the TV dimension, so it'll never come up again, but I am curious. They couldn't just drop it, but I guess I doubt how big a deal it could be. Something something Tahiti is all I remember.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

Same reason Batman does?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Fury brought him back with alien science and then mind wiped the experience away.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
They resolved it in a way that didn't seem particularly decent at the time but eventually tied into more decent stories. Which is fairly par for this show's course. But, yes, you definitely get the full answer behind Coulson's resurrection by the end of s1.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

SonicRulez posted:

Ok, I don't watch AoS, so I have a question for those who do. Did they resolve the whole Coulson being alive thing in a reasonable way? I know he's banished to the TV dimension, so it'll never come up again, but I am curious. They couldn't just drop it, but I guess I doubt how big a deal it could be. Something something Tahiti is all I remember.

Fury had a secret project to use Kree blood (taken from a dead Kree) to resurrect a dead Avenger. Fury opted to use it on Coulson because he considered him part of the team and he was the first one to fall. It was a super secret program that almost no one in SHIELD knew about, even though half of SHIELD was HYDRA. The Kree stuff leads into the whole Inhuman stuff they have been doing quite smoothly.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Didn't they already say they were going to combine modern elements into the IF costume?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The things that have leaked about Iron Fist make it sound like he will need to wear a mask at some point.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ToastyPotato posted:

Fury had a secret project to use Kree blood (taken from a dead Kree) to resurrect a dead Avenger. Fury opted to use it on Coulson because he considered him part of the team and he was the first one to fall. It was a super secret program that almost no one in SHIELD knew about, even though half of SHIELD was HYDRA. The Kree stuff leads into the whole Inhuman stuff they have been doing quite smoothly.

Basically yes, for certain values of "reasonable". It was a big deal plotline and even a couple of season later there have been "we don't know if my head's on straight" repercussions.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The thing about Tahiti is... It's a magical place.

And when you figure it out, it seems the AoS writers wanted their own Bioshock-like Would You Kindly moment.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

The things that have leaked about Iron Fist make it sound like he will need to wear a mask at some point.

If they're keeping the "heir to a billion dollar corporation" aspect, yeah he probably needs to wear a mask.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The real thing with Coulson being unkilled should be the Avengers finding out about it. And that he's been alive for awhile while they thought he was dead. But that will not likely ever actually happen.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Light Gun Man posted:

The real thing with Coulson being unkilled should be the Avengers finding out about it. And that he's been alive for awhile while they thought he was dead. But that will not likely ever actually happen.

Deciding to unkill him basically sealed Agents of Shield's fate as being non-canon.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Deciding to unkill him basically sealed Agents of Shield's fate as being non-canon.

Being a tv show did that

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Being a tv show did that

Yep. People like to point to AOS and it being lovely as the reason it is divorced from the movies, but the film division isn't in a hurry to recognize the Netflix series either.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Yep. People like to point to AOS and it being lovely as the reason it is divorced from the movies, but the film division isn't in a hurry to recognize the Netflix series either.

The Netflix series and AOS aren't in any hurry to recognize each other, either, beyond small Easter eggs. Which, granted, is still more than the films have managed with respect to the TV side.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Personally I'm hoping Dr. Strange introduces or alludes to a multiverse or 'worlds that are like this one but with slight changes' so they can say they're all in the same universe even if the bits of food on the plate never actually touch each other.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/luke-cage/258287/luke-cage-review-spoiler-free
Early non spoiler review of the 1st seven episodes, didn't realize the guy who did the original score is also the guy who did the Black Dynamite score

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Some of those scenes are going to drive "not racist" people up the walls. The "invincible black man in hoodie" and call out to "all lives matter" people are going to produce some fantastic think pieces from the "I'm not a racist, I'm a race realist! Just look at the numbers!" crowd.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Man, Luke Cage being good makes me want to finally finish up Jessica Jones.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

achillesforever6 posted:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/luke-cage/258287/luke-cage-review-spoiler-free
Early non spoiler review of the 1st seven episodes, didn't realize the guy who did the original score is also the guy who did the Black Dynamite score

Luke confirmed for best Defender :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Some of those scenes are going to drive "not racist" people up the walls. The "invincible black man in hoodie" and call out to "all lives matter" people are going to produce some fantastic think pieces from the "I'm not a racist, I'm a race realist! Just look at the numbers!" crowd.

A large black man in a hoodie is probably going to get shot and they'll use the show as an excuse.