Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Medullah posted:

drat pirates downloading everything instead of buying DVDs and paying for cable forcing people to charge for stuff. :(

It's more that everyone figured out Star Trek money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Ramen Pride! posted:

SOMEONE MAKE A TICK THREAD

You are going sane in a CRAZY WORLD!

Seriously do it.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Just watched the Jacket video for the 100th time and finally noticed that Dermott has nunchuck microphones. Badass

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Ramen Pride! posted:

I really hope this show doesn't get the axe. Where's it's own thread? I'd do it but too busy.

Keep in mind it's not even a show yet. Amazon pilots throw a bunch of different crap against the wall and see what's popular. There's no order for a Tick show yet.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Machai posted:

Just watched the Jacket video for the 100th time and finally noticed that Dermott has nunchuck microphones. Badass

Dermott better come back next season, there's still a lot they can do with both Shallow Gravy and him now aware that he's a Venture, honestly surprised that neither his "Mother" or "Sister" have tried to take advantage of Rusty now being super rich

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think they left him behind for a reason. With him being Rusty's son, there's definitely a reason to bring him along. I'm guessing there's a reason why Doc and Jackson left him and Orpheus behind.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

I think they left him behind for a reason. With him being Rusty's son, there's definitely a reason to bring him along. I'm guessing there's a reason why Doc and Jackson left him and Orpheus behind.

My guess is the reason is the Doylist one that they simply didn't have the room for them this season, rather than any Watsonian one, which is acceptable albeit mildly disappointing

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

Mortanis posted:

Keep in mind it's not even a show yet. Amazon pilots throw a bunch of different crap against the wall and see what's popular. There's no order for a Tick show yet.

I can understand that. Let's hope it gets picked up then because it's the closest thing to a live action Venture Bros. we're probably ever going to see.

I mean, when The Terror and his henchmen deployed from the underbelly of a giant ridiculous flying "T" and he takes time out from utterly demolishing his arches just to go torment a little boy whose father had just been crushed and slurp down his ice cream...... Tell me that wasn't a total Monarch moment. :D

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You might want to throw some spoilers in there since this isn't a The Tick thread.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Thread delivers, Tick pilot was great. I'm bummed that it's only a pilot though, I thought it was a full season and it's possible it won't even get picked up.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

The season takes place over, what, like two or three weeks? If even that? I just don't think there was time to fit them in.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Popular Thug Drink posted:

they couldn't come up with contrived reasons for everyone to pack up and move to the new venture compound. dr. orpheus is more sorely missed than dermott
For some reason i imagine Dermott living in the compound while the family is away, sleeping in his brother pods and being the Order of the Triad water boy.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The Flying Sidekick is no man's water boy

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The Tick pilot is great, though admittedly I'm interested in anything Ben Edlund does.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Toplowtech posted:

For some reason i imagine Dermott living in the compound while the family is away, sleeping in his brother pods and being the Order of the Triad water boy.

Uh, that poo poo burnt down.

I want to see Orpheus and Al staying with the Outrider, or maybe Jefferson Twilight before getting fed up and saying "gently caress it, lets go to New York too!"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Machai posted:

Uh, that poo poo burnt down.

I want to see Orpheus and Al staying with the Outrider, or maybe Jefferson Twilight before getting fed up and saying "gently caress it, lets go to New York too!"

First scene of season 7.

Lasca
May 8, 2007

The latest reviews are in and once again the Wusthof remains a solid contender!

These people def get serration.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So is there going to be another tick episode or was it an amazon pilot or something?

Siamang
Nov 15, 2003
It was an Amazon pilot. Based on the feedback they get, they may make it into a full season. You can review it by clicking the feedback link from the show's page., although I'm not sure if you have to be an Amazon Prime or Preview member to do so.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ok. i liked it so gave a review for the first time because it didn't take very long

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wouldn't be surprised if Orpheus already has a place in NYC, but he rented out the space to a starbucks or something.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Orpheus already has a place in NYC, but he rented out the space to a starbucks or something.

Now I'm picturing him and the rest of the Order of The Triad(and maybe Dermott too) running said Coffee Shop and it would probably be hilarious

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I want to see the Alchemist get entirely too in to running some niche hipster business.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Wheat grass shakes and bespoke artisinal breakfast cereals.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

Wheat grass shakes and bespoke artisinal breakfast cereals.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Please don't tell me thats one of those Cereal Milk places? That it just a cereal restaurant, which is also terrible, but at least not gross.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Those guys are actually who I was thinking of. It's just as bad as you think it is - breakfast all day with all your favourite lovely cereals from your childhood so you can sit there in your pink onsie and 'pretend' you never grew up.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Cereal restaurants are like the archetypal terrible idea that seems brilliant when you're high.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they charge something like £4 for a bowl of cereal and got trashed in the recent riots

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jose posted:

they charge something like £4 for a bowl of cereal and got trashed in the recent riots

Did Britain outlaw the import or manufacture of breakfast cereal?? :psyduck:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Part of the gimmick is that most of the cereals are only sold in the US and Canada. So it's not like they're just buying them off the shelves of any old supermarket as these silly cereal bars can in the US.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, just there's a reason they can charge that much for it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

No, thats like twice as expensive as regular cereal being sold.

And those beards too, they were asking for it with those beards.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Sash! posted:

I want to see the Alchemist get entirely too in to running some niche hipster business.

I could see him and Shore Leave trying to bring back the Limelight nightclub

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

Well, he did teach Conjuring at The New School, so it's plausible.

As plausible as anything else on this show.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

tarlibone posted:

Well, he did teach Conjuring at The New School, so it's plausible.

As plausible as anything else on this show.

Probably just astral projected

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Machai posted:

Probably just astral projected

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANNOT CLAIM MILEAGE? WHY, THE ASTRAL PLANE IS MILLIONS OF MILES, I MERELY AM ASKING FOR 35 CENTS FOR 20 MILES!"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Finally, the thread returns to awful venture brothers fanfic.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Cloks posted:

Finally, the thread returns to awful venture brothers fanfic.

Alchemist: It's called 'The Philosopher's Stone' and brings the best in stoneware to the Piano District!

Jefferson Twilight: Sounds more like a vape sho…wait, the Piano…you mean the Bronx?

Alchemist: Well technically the South Bro…

Jefferson Twilight: Is that why there are no more Blaculas? Gentrification?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Slamhound posted:

Alchemist: It's called 'The Philosopher's Stone' and brings the best in stoneware to the Piano District!

Jefferson Twilight: Sounds more like a vape sho…wait, the Piano…you mean the Bronx?

Alchemist: Well technically the South Bro…

Jefferson Twilight: Is that why there are no more Blaculas? Gentrification?

This got a genuine lol out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Apparently Amazon ordered more episodes of The Tick so :woop: